• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Well yeah probably because most "leaks" on Gamefaqs are fake. Hopefully including this one.
In any kase, back to K Rool. What are your favorite K Rool kostumes? I'd probably go with the simple King, but I'm also fond of his boxing outfit.
I liked the walrus costume.

Shagadelic_Baby

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5112-4301-7728
I think K.Rool and Ridley will be secret characters. I just can't see them getting trailers before the game is out, and I think Sakurai wants people to be both surprised and happy.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think K.Rool and Ridley will be secret characters. I just can't see them getting trailers before the game is out, and I think Sakurai wants people to be both surprised and happy.
It would be fun to see detractors trying to disprove the real leak, kinda like people tried during the Brawl era with R.O.B. because he was already deconfirmed

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
But... then why would he tease Ridley so damn much? I can see K. Rool being a secret character but it would be strange to see a "secret" character's shadow appear before release. I say that Ridley's going to be confirmed soon (say, in August) or my heart will be borked.

Shagadelic_Baby

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5112-4301-7728
But... then why would he tease Ridley so damn much? I can see K. Rool being a secret character but it would be strange to see a "secret" character's shadow appear before release. I say that Ridley's going to be confirmed soon (say, in August) or my heart will be borked.
August is the Direct, right? I can only hope...
God please dont let it be Chrom that gets revealed

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
August is the Direct, right? I can only hope...
God please dont let it be Chrom that gets revealed
Actually, I wouldn't mind a triple newcomer reveal in a special Smash Direct of the Chorus Men, Shulk and Chrom.

Of course, predictions about the next newcomer reveal would be truned upside-down if K. Rool ends up being revealed. I however don't think it is likely.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
If anything, this is how I think it went originally:

K. Rool and Ridley WERE planned to both be secret characters, but the marketing change around, and after they learned about the leak (post-E3 2013, mind) they decided to start teasing Ridley and are planning to announce him before release instead of after, and originally the leaked Gematsu newcomers were all going to be announced before release but that was changed in development.

K. Rool and Ridley were planned to both be secret characters because they're part of the hype three and would make the "final roster" less of a disappointment upon release, but then they just decided to change it and Ridley will be announced before release instead (but K. Rool is still post-release).

Just a theory, don't bank anything on it.

D

Deleted member

I believe that keeping the best characters for post-release is better, this way, people won't complain like they did in Brawl, as it would make the roster look better if people already accepted WFT pre-release and then, finding out there are great secret characters

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I believe that keeping the best characters for post-release is better, this way, people won't complain like they did in Brawl, as it would make the roster look better if people already accepted WFT pre-release and then, finding out there are great secret characters
That is how it usually goes with every new comer (except for Megaman and Little Mac of course). People claim they hate them and won't ever use them, but they eventually warm up to them.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
It's great to be a king
I seem to have a knack
For taking every item I want and giving nothing back
I'll take away your Hammers, I'll take away your Fans
Have a nice respawning while I ruin your recovery plan!
Now that I have the power, this is my finest hour
Nothing in this game can stop me now!

Every match is mine, I finally have control
Oh excuse me, I hope I don't act too troll
I'll take your Assist Trophies, and Bananas, if you please
And I'll put an end to the silly, fair play!
Casuals while I watch you cower, this is my finest hour
Throw you off the stage just like a twerp!
Before I KO you like a bug, come over here, and give me a hug
It gives me so much joy to watch you derp!

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
I will NEVER understand why K. Rool was sidelined the way he was. But I bet Sakurai will do the right thing. It still seems very odd that he'd bring the Kritters back without K. Rool having a bigger role this time around.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
For taking every item I want and giving nothing back
Immediately reminded me of Pirates of the Caribbean. Was probably a coincidence though. :laugh:

I will NEVER understand why K. Rool was sidelined the way he was. But I bet Sakurai will do the right thing. It still seems very odd that he'd bring the Kritters back without K. Rool having a bigger role this time around.
Likely because Nintendo didn't know what to do with the franchise after Rare left. And apparently EAD dislikes using characters they did not create (not necessarily a bad thing as that's the reason Wario exists.)

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Immediately reminded me of Pirates of the Caribbean. Was probably a coincidence though. :laugh:
Funnily enough I actually just watched that movie last night, but it's a coincidence nonetheless. And the line is, "Take what you can, give nothing back" anyway so it's not exactly the same. ;)

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The Kremlings have only appeared in TWO games without K. Rool. That's a significant factor towards K. Rool. Both games were Mario spinoffs.

I'm positive the Kremlings will come back in a future game anyway. They're far too requested to come back, we've just got a temporary break with the imposters.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
The Kremlings have only appeared in TWO games without K. Rool. That's a significant factor towards K. Rool. Both games were Mario spinoffs.

I'm positive the Kremlings will come back in a future game anyway. They're far too requested to come back, we've just got a temporary break with the imposters.
What's more, Kremlings have never, ever appeared in a game as enemy mooks specifically without K. Rool. Credit to @GoldenYuiitusin for bringing that little tidbit to light a while back.

D

Deleted member

I guess Retro wanted original villains, if they do like Metroid Prime and make a complete DKCR trilogy, I bet K. Rool will be in the game as the main villain

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
I just don't get why Retro can do Metroid with Ridley when they don't do DK without K. Rool.

What's next, a Mario game without Bowser? I don't count Mario Land 1 + 2.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
What's more, Kremlings have never, ever appeared in a game as enemy mooks specifically without K. Rool. Credit to @GoldenYuiitusin for bringing that little tidbit to light a while back.
Ah, never caught that. Yeah, in the Strikers games they weren't enemy mooks, they were goalies. They were arguably enemy mooks in Sluggers.

D

Deleted member

I just don't get why Retro can do Metroid with Ridley when they don't do DK without K. Rool.

What's next, a Mario game without Bowser? I don't count Mario Land 1 + 2.
To be fair, they created Dark Samus and the Hunters from Prime Hunters, though it still does not justify his complete absence and no mention to him at all

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion

Well 3 actually, they were stage characters on the dk gimmick court in mario power tennis for gcn and klaptraps would come out and bite onto your feet which slowed you down if you couldn't avoid them.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well 3 actually, they were stage characters on the dk gimmick court in mario power tennis for gcn and klaptraps would come out and bite onto your feet which slowed you down if you couldn't avoid them.
Actual full-size Kremlings, namely Kritters. I never really counted Klaptraps much since they appear all the time.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I was already speculating we might get a character reveal soon, anyway. Just because some random person says "there will be a character revealed" tomorrow doesn't mean said person has any valid information, even if a character IS revealed.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
We don't really need every leak posted here, do we?

Do we know that it's the same guy who posted that leak on GameFAQs?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Still, I like the tone of that post... just look at air of confidence and certainty.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Yeah... I doubt both of these things. Falco won't get revealed unless he's not secret anymore. I don't think they'll reveal a character in the same month as E3 either.
Though...

Top Bottom