• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
The quotation I read from him stated that he did not enjoy how the internet ruined the surprise.
And- did you see the Dojo? He specifically hid the secret characters so that they would be a surprise. I have no idea what basis you are coming from, mate. He enjoys the thrill of the surprise, throwing fans off. Every step of his actions makes that explicitly clear.
The exact quote:

"Unfortunately, the movie scenes we worked hard to create were uploaded onto the internet." Sakurai lamented. "You can only truly wow a player the first time he sees [a cutscene]. I felt if players saw the cutscenes outside of the game, they would no longer serve as rewards for playing the game, so I've decided against having them."

I.e. you didn't need to actually play (and by extension buy) Brawl to enjoy the development and space intensive cutscenes, nothing about "wah, internet ruined mah surprises".

Last edited:

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
I could see this leak real actually because of Falco being revealed this week seems logical for me. Don't get me wrong, I am still incredibly doubtful because GameFAQs, but I haven't ruled it out. Remember Sakurai's first update the week Ike was revealed.
upload_2014-6-24_22-10-52.jpeg

Yeah, it's pretty useless. Then as the week went on things got progressively better.
This week we already have a similar pattern this week (I would attach the image but I don't know how without getting an error).

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
I could see this leak real actually because of Falco being revealed this week seems logical for me. Don't get me wrong, I am still incredibly doubtful because GameFAQs, but I haven't ruled it out. Remember Sakurai's first update the week Ike was revealed. View attachment 16946
Yeah, it's pretty useless. Then as the week went on things got progressively better.
This week we already have a similar pattern this week (I would attach the image but I don't know how without getting an error).
Many weeks have a day or two of pure filler, with Friday having the most important reveal (not always a playable character, often a stage or assist trophy is revealed on Fridays).

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
The exact quote:

"Unfortunately, the movie scenes we worked hard to create were uploaded onto the internet." Sakurai lamented. "You can only truly wow a player the first time he sees [a cutscene]. I felt if players saw the cutscenes outside of the game, they would no longer serve as rewards for playing the game, so I've decided against having them."

I.e. you didn't need to actually play (and by extension buy) Brawl to enjoy the development and space intensive cutscenes, nothing about "wah, internet ruined mah surprises".
Your I.E is not mine, which means it is not undeniably what he meant.
Sorry dude, but obviously there has been a lot of issue with his answers to questions in the past, so the fact that you just interpret it so very differently than I do inherently, to me, does not mean in any fashion your statement is the be all, end all, to his statement. Not to mention, your initial post disregards every other point I made in regards to his fascination with surprise

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Your I.E is not mine, which means it is not undeniably what he meant.
Sorry dude, but obviously there has been a lot of issue with his answers to questions in the past, so the fact that you just interpret it so very differently than I do inherently, to me, does not mean in any fashion your statement is the be all, end all, to his statement. Not to mention, your initial post disregards every other point I made in regards to his fascination with surprise
Did you not read the bolded part?

"I felt if players saw the cutscenes outside of the game, they would no longer serve as rewards for playing the game"

That's the problem with the cutscenes being on the internet, nothing there about them being "spoilers".

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Just dropped in to say I approve of the new thread title.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
The "leaker" has no proof yet, so we'll just have to wait and see if Falco is confirmed.

K. Rool as a boss is bull ****.
I'd rather him be a freaking trophy again than go through a Ridley-esque cycle with Rool.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
The "leaker" has no proof yet, so we'll just have to wait and see if Falco is confirmed.

I'd rather him be a freaking trophy again than go through a Ridley-esque cycle with Rool.
The thing is, that unlike Ridley, K. Rool hasn't had much exposure in recent years.... so in his case I do think a role as a boss is better then nothing, since it would raise awareness of who he is to younger players and show that Nintendo hasn't forgotten about him. Obviously it would be much better if he were playable, but it's not exactly like the Ridley situation.

Not that I think K. Rool has anything to worry about with the newest "leak," nothing about it seems legit.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Actually, I wouldn't be all TOO upset with King K.Rool as stage boss. It's a way better sort of representation than a lot of other characters get. It's a more honorable role than say, being an Assist Trophy. We've had NPC characters promote to playable twice, :4charizard: and :4littlemac:. Count :4dedede: if you want to count the background cameo. :4palutena: with the SSE in Brawl, and Pit's Final Smash. :4olimar::warioc::zerosuitsamus::squirtle::4pit: all where trophies in Melee to.

So, if K.Rool is going to be a boss I wouldn't mind. It would more than likely mean he'll get the attention from the crowd to finally become playable the next time around. And, seeing how much Retro Studios seemed to take inspiration from Brawl's Diddy- they could likely pick K.Rool for their next villain, if they where not planning to do so already.

I think I do prefer the air over being a trophy again though. While not being playable sucks, I'll take the next best thing.

Actually, the idea is pretty exciting to fight K.Rool again at Gangplank Galleon! It'll be the final boss of DKC, but in FULL HD! Man, this really does make it worthy to wait for another Smash for K.Rool. Especially if it means K.Rool in DKCR3 in the meanwhile!

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I guess K. Rool being a boss would still be a good push for him to return to DKC, so in that respect it's better than just being a trophy. I just don't think he fits well as a boss in Smash though, because of his proportions he doesn't seem like he'd just stand around and cause trouble until someone beats him. At least if Ridley is a boss he can fly around and still be a target, so that's a bit more justifiable even if it'd suck. Not only that, but I fear it'd give many people the wrong view of him for the next Smash, only seeing him as a big boss and not playable character material, and you know the people on the internet, even if you show them Super Mario Sluggers K. Rool they're going to be stubborn because "I can't be wrong lul thats just how he is in Smash."

So yeah, it'd bring forth both good and bad things. Of course the latter part of my argument was mostly just a worse case scenario result, him returning to DKC would likely cause a huge push for him to be playable next time around, regardless of his role in this game, and I'd say that Retro would almost be forced to bring him back if he appears in a more prominent role in Smash, otherwise they're missing out on a good opportunity to feed off of Smash.

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
I could see this leak real actually because of Falco being revealed this week seems logical for me. Don't get me wrong, I am still incredibly doubtful because GameFAQs, but I haven't ruled it out. Remember Sakurai's first update the week Ike was revealed. View attachment 16946
We only have 2 days this week to go off though. First day did have somewhat filler stuff with possible Ridley teasing, next day had an alternate costume for Link. Who knows, tomorrow Wario could be revealed followed by 2 filler days. We're talking about Masahiro Unpredictable here!

Last edited:

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Also with what Wariofan said about K. Rool getting the Ridley treatment, it would also probably mean K. Rool won't be potential DLC. So I wouldn't want to see him end up as a lame stage boss.

The "leak" is certainly bogus though, and unlike a certain RosalinaX "leak", we'll fortunately find out soon that it's definitively fake instead of having to wait around.

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
K. Rool would be a terrible boss. Not because he "deserves" to be playable, because frankly that's a silly excuse and has pretty much nothing to do with how well he would actually work as a boss, and honestly I feel like if a character would work better as a boss than as a playable character then they may as well just be a boss. But he just wouldn't lend himself to a Smash Bros-styled boss battle, or at least the type we've been treated to in past games. The "damage sponge"-type bosses may work for certain characters, but K. Rool isn't one of them. Bosses that just sit there and let you attack them and occasionally using an attack against you. Seeing K. Rool in that kind of role would just be disrespectful to the character. And yeah, if they were to rework the boss battles in this game to make them actually good then they could theoretically turn K. Rool into an incredibly fun boss while still remaining faithful to the character. But "I have no idea how they could actually make it work but it's still theoretically possible I guess" isn't a very compelling argument and not one that particularly gets me off.

Last edited:

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
How are you guys -this- paranoid about a Gamefaqs leak? They won't bring back the Gangplank Galleon just so they can make K. Rool a boss. If they wanted a ship stage, they would just bring back Toon Link's stage.

Additionally, have you ever realized just how awkward the ship would actually be for a boss? Assuming that a hypothetical Galleon stage would be the size of TLink's ship if not slightly bigger, with a boss K. Rool being much bigger than a playable (maybe like slightly smaller than Yellow Devil), it'd be very awkward for him to even be a halfway competent boss.

D

Deleted member

How are you guys -this- paranoid about a Gamefaqs leak? They won't bring back the Gangplank Galleon just so they can make K. Rool a boss. If they wanted a ship stage, they would just bring back Toon Link's stage.

Additionally, have you ever realized just how awkward the ship would actually be for a boss? Assuming that a hypothetical Galleon stage would be the size of TLink's ship if not slightly bigger, with a boss K. Rool being much bigger than a playable (maybe like slightly smaller than Yellow Devil), it'd be very awkward for him to even be a halfway competent boss.
Tbh, Wily's Castle is very small, he takes 1/3 of the stage, K.Rool would do the same, he's twice DK's size in DKC, so he would take a good amount of the stage

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Did you not read the bolded part?

"I felt if players saw the cutscenes outside of the game, they would no longer serve as rewards for playing the game"

That's the problem with the cutscenes being on the internet, nothing there about them being "spoilers".
Yes... to me that reads as spoilers- that they arent the reward for playing because you arent seeing them in order, the reward of seeing them together. I'm not quoting him whn you say 'spoiler,' or 'surprise,' just as you are making huge leaps in your assumption about development time (because a 30 second clip does not actually take that long to develop compared to character balancing).
Unlike you, I do not read that quote as him griping over his developers spending time and disc space on the efforts of the cut scenes, which is what your point seems to be implying. It is difficult for me to even see how you make that leap.

Even still, you appear to disregard my other points I had initially slated in regards to his method of operations for not wanting to reveal information, down to hiding secret characters on the Dojo.

At this point though, I'm dropping our ..... let's be kind and say repartee?

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

Maybe a Ridley-esque cycle with K. Rool would be a net positive for the character overall.

If he became a boss, "muhrelevance" would basically die from one, final stab wound, while "K. Rool is too big" would rise up to take its place. Ridley fans have dealt with TooBigots for nearly a decade, it'd be the easiest thing in the world to borrow their strategies, and K. Rool would get a whole lot of attention and notoriety that he'd have trouble getting by otherwise just being an agreeable OMG SHOO-IN character.

Although yes, I echo the guy who said, if I want to fight K. Rool, I'd play DKC. And no one should be content with a K. Rool boss, given that it could potentially be a death warrant for him.

D

Deleted member

Maybe a Ridley-esque cycle with K. Rool would be a net positive for the character overall.

If he became a boss, "muhrelevance" would basically die from one, final stab wound, while "K. Rool is too big" would rise up to take its place. Ridley fans have dealt with TooBigots for nearly a decade, it'd be the easiest thing in the world to borrow their strategies, and K. Rool would get a whole lot of attention and notoriety that he'd have trouble getting by otherwise just being an agreeable OMG SHOO-IN character.

Although yes, I echo the guy who said, if I want to fight K. Rool, I'd play DKC. And no one should be content with a K. Rool boss, given that it could potentially be a death warrant for him.
Would it be too difficult to show a pic from one of those sports game?(don't remember the name) Oh yeah, they would say sports game aren't canon while trying to use Bowser's Mario RPG and Mario Kart's size :troll:

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Keep in mind that the current leak claims for K. Rool to be a stage hazard. While the Yellow Devil is pretty large there's nothing to suggest that that's the rule, and since K. Rool is under no obligation to be an actual boss fight he wouldn't need to conform to the standards actual bosses have set for the series (quite large and slow, large stage-spanning attacks, etc). He could easily be maybe slightly larger than the tallest characters and jump about shooting cannon balls and ****.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Yes... to me that reads as spoilers- that they arent the reward for playing because you arent seeing them in order, the reward of seeing them together. I'm not quoting him whn you say 'spoiler,' or 'surprise,' just as you are making huge leaps in your assumption about development time (because a 30 second clip does not actually take that long to develop compared to character balancing).
Unlike you, I do not read that quote as him griping over his developers spending time and disc space on the efforts of the cut scenes, which is what your point seems to be implying. It is difficult for me to even see how you make that leap.

Even still, you appear to disregard my other points I had initially slated in regards to his method of operations for not wanting to reveal information, down to hiding secret characters on the Dojo.

At this point though, I'm dropping our ..... let's be kind and say repartee?
Ok dude, you're being really dense now.

"You can only truly wow a player the first time he sees [a cutscene]"

Just like with any movie, you can really only fully enjoy it the first time you see it. What is the problem is this?

Thus if you can just watch them on youtube, you don't need to actually play the game anymore to enjoy them, thus making them no longer a "reward" for playing (i.e. no longer an incentive to buy the game). There is absolutely nothing there about "internet ruining mah surprises", it's "internet letting people watch mah cutscenes without playing mah game". If Sakurai actually complained elsewhere about people finding out the secret characters and such before playing the game, then link me to where he said it, he did not say anything alluding to such when he lamented about the cutscenes.

And you do realise the cutscenes took up nearly half of Brawl's disc space? And all of them together were nearly an hour of time? They absolutely were a significant development and space drain, Sakurai even said in the linked quote how they worked hard on them. There is no "huge leaps of assumption", that is the reality of the cutscenes. And since they were something you could fully enjoy on youtube without playing the game, they were ultimately a waste of significant resources, which Sakurai realised and thus is why Smash 4 will be without cutscenes.

Your other "points" are being ignored because they aren't relevant to your claims of Sakurai "hating spoilers". Yes Sakurai loves putting in secrets, but he has never once complained about people finding the secrets out before playing the game. Your Dojo example even goes against your claim; if Sakurai was completely anal about secrets being kept secret and absolutely didn't want anybody finding them out before playing the game, then he himself would have never given people the option to see the secret characters on the Dojo so soon after release to begin with; he put Ness up the day immediately after the Japanese release (which was also a month before the US release, and he would put up six more secret characters before the US release), and put the final secret character, Wolf, up exactly two months after the Japanese release (which was nearly two months before the PAL releases). That's completely counter-intuitive for a guy absolutely not wanting any secrets to get out under any circumstances to do, someone like that would never willingly give the majority of the playerbase an option to see the secrets before getting to play the game.

So if you and others can stop going around spouting "Sakurai hates spoilers, he won't put in secret characters this time!", it would be nice, as there is no absolutely basis to that claim, and everythng there is against it.

Also, apologies to the K. Rool thread about this, as it isn't really relevant to the thread (though if K. Rool is in, he'll probably be a secret unlockable, which will definitely return, thus this would be somewhat relevant as it would show that he shouldn't be expected to be revealed before release :p)

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Ok dude, you're being really dense now.

"You can only truly wow a player the first time he sees [a cutscene]"

Just like with any movie, you can really only fully enjoy it the first time you see it. What is the problem is this?

Thus if you can just watch them on youtube, you don't need to actually play the game anymore to enjoy them, thus making them no longer a "reward" for playing (i.e. no longer an incentive to buy the game). There is absolutely nothing there about "internet ruining mah surprises", it's "internet letting people watch mah cutscenes without playing mah game". If Sakurai actually complained elsewhere about people finding out the secret characters and such before playing the game, then link me to where he said it, he did not say anything alluding to such when he lamented about the cutscenes.

And you do realise the cutscenes took up nearly half of Brawl's disc space? And all of them together were nearly an hour of time? They absolutely were a significant development and space drain, Sakurai even said in the linked quote how they worked hard on them. There is no "huge leaps of assumption", that is the reality of the cutscenes. And since they were something you could fully enjoy on youtube without playing the game, they were ultimately a waste of significant resources, which Sakurai realised and thus is why Smash 4 will be without cutscenes.

Your other "points" are being ignored because they aren't relevant to your claims of Sakurai "hating spoilers". Yes Sakurai loves putting in secrets, but he has never once complained about people finding the secrets out before playing the game. Your Dojo example even goes against your claim; if Sakurai was completely anal about secrets being kept secret and absolutely didn't want anybody finding them out before playing the game, then he himself would have never given people the option to see the secret characters on the Dojo so soon after release to begin with; he put Ness up the day immediately after the Japanese release (which was also a month before the US release, and he would put up six more secret characters before the US release), and put the final secret character, Wolf, up exactly two months after the Japanese release (which was nearly two months before the PAL releases). That's completely counter-intuitive for a guy absolutely not wanting any secrets to get out under any circumstances to do, someone like that would never willingly give the majority of the playerbase an option to see the secrets before getting to play the game.

So if you and others can stop going around spouting "Sakurai hates spoilers, he won't put in secret characters this time!", it would be nice, as there is no absolutely basis to that claim, and everythng there is against it.

Also, apologies to the K. Rool thread about this, as it isn't really relevant to the thread (though if K. Rool is in, he'll probably be a secret unlockable, which will definitely return, thus this would be somewhat relevant as it would show that he shouldn't be expected to be revealed before release :p)
Oh, I agree with this notion, if K. Rool is in he's a secret newcomer which are guaranteed to return. I can't see us getting only 2 secret newcomers either.

ppbto

Smash Journeyman
I have never trust in any leaks even now that almost everyone is on the Sal Romano bandwagon, I still doubt that it's 100% accurate.
This gamefaqs is likely false just like all others gamefaqs leaks.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I have never trust in any leaks even now that almost everyone is on the Sal Romano bandwagon, I still doubt that it's 100% accurate.
This gamefaqs is likely false just like all others gamefaqs leaks.
I believed after the E3 presentation. But then again, I was just in major denial of the potential inclusion of Mii and Pac-Man. In a hindsight, they should probably be as obvious as Little Mac and Palutena. I think I'll believe it fully once Shulk or the Chorus Men show up. Especially Chorus Men. A Rhythym Heaven enemy has already appeared in Smash Run though. But I'd be so ****ing excited if it was to become the Wrestler (POSE 2 DA FANZ) instead.

I wanted to not believe, but now I do. I hated the leak as soon as it showed up, but it has the worst characters confirmed already (Mii and Pac-Man). The remaining characters are better, yes. But I'd really hate it if that was to be the rest of the newcomers.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I highly doubt we're getting Falco this week. We got 3 characters this month. Any more seems insane.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I highly doubt we're getting Falco this week. We got 3 characters this month. Any more seems insane.
Its not insane for us to get 3 newcomers and 1 veteran the month of E3, but that said, I don't think we'll get a fourth character this month either, and even if we do, there's nothing to suggest it'll be Falco of all characters. If anything the mostlikely characters to be revealed would be Lucas (if he's not cut), Wario, Metaknight, or Ice Climbers. I'm starting to think if all these guys are in, though, they'll be unlockable this time (since I doubt we're getting both Lucas and Ness back).

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I believed after the E3 presentation. But then again, I was just in major denial of the potential inclusion of Mii and Pac-Man. In a hindsight, they should probably be as obvious as Little Mac and Palutena. I think I'll believe it fully once Shulk or the Chorus Men show up. Especially Chorus Men. A Rhythym Heaven enemy has already appeared in Smash Run though. But I'd be so ****ing excited if it was to become the Wrestler (POSE 2 DA FANZ) instead.

I wanted to not believe, but now I do. I hated the leak as soon as it showed up, but it has the worst characters confirmed already (Mii and Pac-Man). The remaining characters are better, yes. But I'd really hate it if that was to be the rest of the newcomers.
At least that abominable leak hasn't said what characters aren't playable. The only real damage is Lucas so far. I don't even want to imagine the carnage that would result from him blurting out that Ridley and/or K. Rool are bosses or some crap.

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
At least that abominable leak hasn't said what characters aren't playable. The only real damage is Lucas so far. I don't even want to imagine the carnage that would result from him blurting out that Ridley and/or K. Rool are bosses or some crap.
Don't tell me you honestly believe what Gematsu's leaker has to say about things other than the 11 newcomers.

He's literally doing the "Here's what the developers are thinking" **** we dismiss leaks outright for, and is going against Sakurai's previous statement that DLC isn't really on the table until release. The latter can be explained that he changed his mind during development and stuff, but the former is something that should not be considered at all legitimate. Especially not with it positing there being a supposed debate to choose Lucas or Ness 3 months before release.

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Don't tell me you honestly believe what Gematsu's leaker has to say about things other than the 11 newcomers.

He's literally doing the "Here's what the developers are thinking" **** we dismiss leaks outright for, and is going against Sakurai's previous statement that DLC isn't really on the table until release. The latter can be explained that he changed his mind during development and stuff, but the former is something that should not be considered at all legitimate. Especially not with there being a supposed debate to choose Lucas or Ness 3 months before release.
To be fair, we don't know what KIND of DLC they're thinking about. Everyone assumes characters but what if they were only palette swaps? Or stages? We have no idea.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Ignoring the whole Falco thing (which I think is crap) I have a question for you guys

If GangPlank Galleon was announced as DK's main stage, would your reaction lean more towards K. Rool confirmed, or be afraid that he would be a stage boss? Or somewhere in between?

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Ignoring the whole Falco thing (which I think is crap) I have a question for you guys

If GangPlank Galleon was announced as DK's main stage, would your reaction lean more towards K. Rool confirmed, or be afraid that he would be a stage boss? Or somewhere in between?
Afraid that he's a boss, for me.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
To be fair, we don't know what KIND of DLC they're thinking about. Everyone assumes characters but what if they were only palette swaps? Or stages? We have no idea.
No, the leak specifically said character DLC.

Sakurai isn't going to bring back Gangplank Galleon JUST to make K. Rool a boss. If Gangplank Galleon is shown as a stage, I'd say K. Rool is downright playable.

That said, I doubt he'd use Gangplank Galleon outright. I think we might see a stage called "Glacier Galleon" or something like that, where it takes place on a frozen-over Gangplank Galleon set during the events of Tropical Freeze when DK Island is frozen over. So it'd reference multiple games at once.

EDIT: The "multiple games" being Tropical Freeze, Returns (since there are ruined ship-based stages in Returns), DKC1, DKC2, and DK64 (Gloomy Galleon is basically a sunken Gangplank Galleon). Probably mostly DKC2 and TF, though, due to Gangplank Galleon likely being the ruined version from DKC2.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

I'd definitely lean toward confirmed. Choosing a classic stage instead of something from TF or CR would bring K. Rool to mind.

Then again, we did get that K. Rool cameo in Tropical Freeze...

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I actually never played a game with King K. Rool in it. D: I guess I haven't lived. I realized when I joined Smashboards who he was though and he is so immensely popular, so I really hope he gets in for you guys. The official post is so well done too.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404

He's literally doing the "Here's what the developers are thinking" **** we dismiss leaks outright for, and is going against Sakurai's previous statement that DLC isn't really on the table until release. The latter can be explained that he changed his mind during development and stuff, but the former is something that should not be considered at all legitimate. Especially not with it positing there being a supposed debate to choose Lucas or Ness 3 months before release.
I honestly don't give a rip what that leak says. My point is if he were to say negative news regarding some characters, especially ones that are already under fire *cough*Ridley*cough* then supporters of those characters would get so much flak from others since the majority of users on this board treat Gematsu like a freaking god.

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace

If we get K. Rool within a week as a boss, he's a boss.

If K. Rool was a no-show from announcement to release? Sakurai would be a **** if K. Rool were a boss.

Top Bottom