• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I actually never played a game with King K. Rool in it. D: I guess I haven't lived. I realized when I joined Smashboards who he was though and he is so immensely popular, so I really hope he gets in for you guys. The official post is so well done too.
Play the original DKC games. They're not available on Virtual Console right now, so the only real option is emulators. K. Rool is simply hilariously awesome, though, he NEEDS to come back to the DKC franchise.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Ignoring the whole Falco thing (which I think is crap) I have a question for you guys

If GangPlank Galleon was announced as DK's main stage, would your reaction lean more towards K. Rool confirmed, or be afraid that he would be a stage boss? Or somewhere in between?
Gangplank Galleon is too big of a hint towards playable K. Rool.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Gangplank Galleon is too big of a hint towards playable K. Rool.
That's why I think if Gangplank Galleon IS a stage, its actually unlockable. DK usually gets two new stages every game, so I could see a basic stage and an unlockable stage referencing back to the classics.

There is still the fact that DK doesn't have a stage announcement yet which makes me very curious about this. I'm wondering if revealing it would spoil something so they don't want to show it off yet.

D

Deleted member

Gangplank Galleon is the same as showing a Xenoblade stage, you're basically giving it away

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
I just wish Sakurai would just put the whold Ridley and K. Rool crowds to sleep, for crying out loud Are they or are they not playable? While I want to believe we have hidden characters to come and maybe even DLC, I've still got a bit of hope that K. Rool is in the roster.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Well, cool to see most of you guys would be optimistic. I would be.

Although you can't really compare it to the likes of a Xenoblade stage, or Boxing ring, because those characters had nothing from their games at all yet, Sakurai could try to trollingly pass it off as a DK stage, even though it implies K. Rool (see - Pit)

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
If Gangplank Galleon was revealed as a stage before release, I would be cautious about the possibility of K. Rool becoming a glorified stage hazard.

So long as Sakurai doesn't make a nod to him and leave us in the dark for months.

Wegenbarth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3609-1252-6127
Gangplank Galleon is too big
Despite taking this out of kontext, this kould be sig worthy.

I don't believe the Falco Leak, but I kinda feel down because of Sal, it would be the "Krystal/BowserJr/Geno not in Brawl" situation again, but this time for a character whom I care for.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well, cool to see most of you guys would be optimistic. I would be.

Although you can't really compare it to the likes of a Xenoblade stage, or Boxing ring, because those characters had nothing from their games at all yet, Sakurai could try to trollingly pass it off as a DK stage, even though it implies K. Rool (see - Pit)
The issue is, out of all the iconic DK stages, why pick Gangplank Galleon? Gangplank Galleon is specifically most memorable as being the first time you ever see King K. Rool.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
The issue is, out of all the iconic DK stages, why pick Gangplank Galleon? Gangplank Galleon is specifically most memorable as being the first time you ever see King K. Rool.
The only other reason would be K. Rool as a boss, most likely.

But no, I agree with you guys. If sakurai showed off that stage, I'd be thinking playable K. Rool

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
If the Galleon showed up, I'd really start to worry about piñata K. Rool.

Maybe that's not putting a lot of faith in Sakurai, but with some of the choices made thusfar, I don't blame myself for losing some.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
If the Galleon showed up, I'd really start to worry about piñata K. Rool.

Maybe that's not putting a lot of faith in Sakurai, but with some of the choices made thusfar, I don't blame myself for losing some.
To be honest I'm hoping that the bosses are things that would not really be considered to be playable characters by anyone. Case in point, Yellow Devil and the Dark Emperor. I'd laugh at anyone who would want either of them playable, unless I knew them in which case I wouldn't laugh in their face. Just behind their back instead.
EDIT: So I decided to check back on that thread out of morbid curiosity and THIS HAPPENS:

HOPE STILL LIVES
(I guess you could say... That leak has been plugged :cool:)

Last edited:

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
To be honest I'm hoping that the bosses are things that would not really be considered to be playable characters by anyone. Case in point, Yellow Devil and the Dark Emperor. I'd laugh at anyone who would want either of them playable, unless I knew them in which case I wouldn't laugh in their face. Just behind their back instead.
EDIT: So I decided to check back on that thread out of morbid curiosity and THIS HAPPENS:

HOPE STILL LIVES
Isn't that really, really bad if the leak thread got shut down?

Like, the NintendoReps that hide out of forums saw that and were like "Shhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii-" and waited a while to close it?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Like, the NintendoReps that hide out of forums saw that and were like "Shhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii-" and waited a while to close it?
No, probably not, it was more likely deleted due to being spam.

HOPE STILL LIVES
That's actually what I'm thinking about bosses. Tiki Tong, Dark Emperor, and Yellow Devil would work fine as bosses, and perhaps some returning Story Mode bosses from Brawl (but not Ridley).

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781

I'm more interpreting it as the person who posted the leak closed it because they realized there was a problem with it and shut up I'm trying to be optimistic >:|
It was a Gamefaqs leak posted by someone with like 2 karma who probably had no reputation to lose by posting it anyway
No, probably not, it was more likely deleted due to being spam.

That's actually what I'm thinking about bosses. Tiki Tong, Dark Emperor, and Yellow Devil would work fine as bosses, and perhaps some returning Story Mode bosses from Brawl (but not Ridley).
I'd actually love to see Duon or Galleom return in some way tbh, I loved their designs.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Here's the whole problem. Sal Romano has posted three leaks now which seem to be clearly legit, but Nintendo never forced him to delete any of his posts or anything about it, hell, they've never even acknowledged any of it. Why, then, would Nintendo have any reason to do the same thing here? Its a ludicrous assumption.

I'd actually love to see Duon or Galleom return in some way tbh, I loved their designs.
Galleom can appear as a boss on Gangplank Galleon. :D

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
Well, the reason that topic deletion could be a thing (in my opinion at least) is maybe his "source" was lying and he's trying to save face.

(But then I don't know how GameFAQs works. Whether the topic creator can delete it.)

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
If Gangplank Galleon was revealed as a stage before release, I would be cautious about the possibility of K. Rool becoming a glorified stage hazard.

So long as Sakurai doesn't make a nod to him and leave us in the dark for months.
Its morely like the sequel too sakurai toturing us with teasing of (character name) if ganplank galleon is revealed before release

Ridley looking on the playable side and pyrosphere got revealed before release. (But could still be a boss.)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
GameFaqs mods can be dumb and delete threads that even mention "leaks." It's happened before. Don't dwell on it much guys.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
GameFaqs mods can be dumb and delete threads that even mention "leaks." It's happened before. Don't dwell on it much guys.
Well yeah probably because most "leaks" on Gamefaqs are fake. Hopefully including this one.
In any kase, back to K Rool. What are your favorite K Rool kostumes? I'd probably go with the simple King, but I'm also fond of his boxing outfit.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well yeah probably because most "leaks" on Gamefaqs are fake. Hopefully including this one.
In any kase, back to K Rool. What are your favorite K Rool kostumes? I'd probably go with the simple King, but I'm also fond of his boxing outfit.
Kaptain easily. Boxing never was all that interesting to me. I do like K. Roolenstein, as well, but Kaptain is by far the best IMO.

TylerBlackRunIt

I'm from YouTube
3DS FC
2509-3601-8302
My favorite King K. Rool kostume is "Kaptain K. Rool"
kaptain_k__rool_by_midnight_aries-d3af9rv.jpg

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
derp how did I forget about Kaptain. Yeah, that blunderbuss is awesome, make that my most favorite with King and boxing close behind.

Groose

Smash Champion
I just started a little project involving our favorite Kremling King. I think I'll be able to show you guys the finished work next week. I'm pretty proud of how it's coming along.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
King as well but also his Pirate one, those just seem more like "him" and I find myself always listening and humming to his boss themes of those. The boxing one was cool too but nothing too special for me. The King outfit always makes me hum gangplank galleon and watch his intro cutscenes from dk64, while the pirate one has recently sent me on a little pirate movie craze haha.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was thinking about K Rool as a stage boss

While I think that idea is really stupid, since K Rool is deserving of character status

Wouldn't it be cool to have gankplank galleon with K rool running across the stage and throwing his crown/ jumping around/ shooting cannons just like the actually boss level?

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace

While I think that idea is really stupid, since K Rool is deserving of character status

Wouldn't it be cool to have gankplank galleon with K rool running across the stage and throwing his crown/ jumping around/ shooting cannons just like the actually boss level?
Not really, since it would be significantly less fun when you're trying to play Smash Bros and not Donkey Kong Country.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Not really, since it would be significantly less fun when you're trying to play Smash Bros and not Donkey Kong Country.
Well, if the latest rumor is true somehow

Can you imagine a better way to implement him as a stage boss?

D

Deleted member

Like I said in the Miiverse thread, I hope this doesn't actually happen as he's better off playable, but now that I look back at the original fight, it would be sort of epic to have that recreated in a hypothetical Gangplank Galleon stage.
Just as long as K. Rool is invincible to everything that isn't a strike to his crownless cranium.

And much like how Yellow Devil explodes to heavily damage everyone that isn't the player that "defeated" him, when someone "defeats" K. Rool, the Kredits roll and attempt to lift everyone that isn't the one who "defeated" him out of bounds. Then K. Rool gets up and hops away to return later in the match.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Like I said in the Miiverse thread, I hope this doesn't actually happen as he's better off playable, but now that I look back at the original fight, it would be sort of epic to have that recreated in a hypothetical Gangplank Galleon stage.
Just as long as K. Rool is invincible to everything that isn't a strike to his crownless cranium.

And much like how Yellow Devil explodes to heavily damage everyone that isn't the player that "defeated" him, when someone "defeats" K. Rool, the Kredits roll and attempt to lift everyone that isn't the one who "defeated" him out of bounds. Then K. Rool gets up and hops away to return later in the match.
Stop making King K.rappy Stage Boss sound cool.

Top Bottom