• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
So.. have you guys basically accepted that King K. Rool will be who ends up getting the most votes? Because from what I've seen, it seems like that's going to happen. I'd go as far to say he's a shoe-in at this point.
No way, as far as I'm concerned he isn't getting in and getting too cocky will be the end of this for sure.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Damn.. this thread has went from 800 pages to 820 in a little less than a week..:crazy:! GO KUTTHROATS GO!!!!! Keep up the confidence, positive mind-set, and support everyone! As long as we stay cool, calm, and collected through this, nothing BUT our King's confirmation will surprise us!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So let's say we get our first Nintendo newcomer and it's not King K. Rool. Assuming that's not the only one, what would that mean for K. Rool's chances for DLC? Would it affect K. Rool's chances positively, negatively, or would it be the same as before and why would you feel that way?

I'd say if there are two or more Nintendo newcomers coming, it depends. Someone like Dixie would most likely seriously hurt K. Rool's chances since I don't expect any franchise to get two characters as DLC. However, if I were to see someone like Isaac or Bandanna Dee get in, then I would feel more positive about K. Rool. That's because someone like Isaac and Bandanna Dee also face Sakurai's apathy and have less going for them so if he's willing to put aside his apathy to add one (if not both) of these characters, it bodes well for us since a DK newcomer has even more reason to believe Sakurai might put his indifference aside for it (especially K. Rool). Of course if we get Inklings or Paper Mario, my feelings will remain the same so long as we are not done with DLC.

StormC

Smash Hero
So let's say we get our first Nintendo newcomer and it's not King K. Rool. Assuming that's not the only one, what would that mean for K. Rool's chances for DLC? Would it affect K. Rool's chances positively, negatively, or would it be the same as before and why would you feel that way?
It depends on if we have any preballot characters left. If it's someone like Isaac, and it's been clarified that there are more characters on the way, I would agree that I would feel confident as that is a clear indication of Sakurai looking at the ballot and responding to the popular picks, and that he could be saving the best for last.

If it is Dixie I'll be scared, but if Dixie is preplanned then I would say K. Rool's chances only took a hit at best; he'll still score incredibly high on the ballot and Sakurai would basically have to say "no, I don't want to make as much money as possible."

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord

I'd say if there are two or more Nintendo newcomers coming, it depends. Someone like Dixie would most likely seriously hurt K. Rool's chances since I don't expect any franchise to get two characters as DLC. However, if I were to see someone like Isaac or Bandanna Dee get in, then I would feel more positive about K. Rool. That's because someone like Isaac and Bandanna Dee also face Sakurai's apathy and have less going for them so if he's willing to put aside his apathy to add one (if not both) of these characters, it bodes well for us since a DK newcomer has even more reason to believe Sakurai might put his indifference aside for it (especially K. Rool). Of course if we get Inklings or Paper Mario, my feelings will remain the same so long as we are not done with DLC.
I would think that if we got Dixie Kong by herself then that is that...ya know. I'm not saying it would be impossible to get another DK character after Dixie, but I think it would be extremely unlikely for us to get anyone else after Dixie if she was shown off alone. My dream is that they give us a K. Rool and Dixie trailer combined where one of the characters is a completely new idea and the other is a half-clone of Diddy. If they did that with a Gangplank Galleon Stage..O.O....$ $$ $$$ $$$$ $$$$$

Last edited:

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
If they add Gangplank Galleon along with K. Rool, I'd certainly want some DK64 music included. Gloomy Galleon fits perfectly but the boss themes could also work

StormC

Smash Hero
If they add Gangplank Galleon along with K. Rool, I'd certainly want some DK64 music included. Gloomy Galleon fits perfectly but the boss themes could also work
DKC2 music should be a given with Gangplank Galleon, too.

This would also be fantastic.

Would love to see Cranky in Smash. Would be hilarious.

Up B, can be carried by Squawks to recover.

Side B, throws a wooden barrel just like in the old days.

B, Shoots his dentures like in TF/ Places a Girder down like in 75m which can act as a meat shield for a small amount of time.

Down B Maybe something to do with his cane perhaps, another animal buddy, pull out his instrument from the DKC intro that sends out damaging shockwaves/puts players to sleep?

Not sure on the FS though.

Is 4 DKC characters too much? If Dixie gets in it might hurt K.Rool but it I'm not sure if it will be devastating, considering how popular our King is I'm hoping his popularityt will be enough to get Sakurai and his teams attention. For one if Sakurai and the team wanted to they could put both Dixie and K. Rool in the same trailer.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Jeez, Youtube comments really are a cancer to the soul. Someone honestly thinks King Boo is more well-known than King K.Rool;
View attachment 61197
King Boo is pretty well known, he was in Mario Kart after all, and both Luigi's Mansion games were top sellers on their respective systems. I for one would LOVE King Boo (not more than a certain husky Kremling King and a fluttery ape though).

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
4 DKC characters too much? Man, I genuinely wouldn't be upset if we got Dixie, K.Rool, Cranky, Lanky and Chunky. Rambi is more than welcome to. Not making a joke either.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

B, Shoots his dentures like in TF/ Places a Girder down like in 75m which can act as a meat shield for a small amount of time.

Down B Maybe something to do with his cane perhaps, another animal buddy, pull out his instrument from the DKC intro that sends out damaging shockwaves/puts players to sleep?

Is 4 DKC characters too much? If Dixie gets in it might hurt K.Rool but it I'm not sure if it will be devastating, considering how popular our King is I'm hoping his popularityt will be enough to get Sakurai and his teams attention. For one if Sakurai and the team wanted to they could put both Dixie and K. Rool in the same trailer.
4 DKC at this point is basically the minimum of what it should be.

am i the only one who is still surprised how Ryu made it into smash before King k. rool?
No. I'm more surprised that Mega Man was in before Ryu.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

How could you miss the pogo-stick cane, which was obviously taken from Scrooge McDuck? :p

As 4 DK characters, that's what should have been the case now, with or without DLC. DK, Diddy, Dixie and K. Rool would have been perfect. So that we could focus on Cranky for Smash 5.

:231:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Rambi as a playable character in Smash, yes or no?
No.

This is getting way too far ahead of ourselves; there are a good number of DK characters who need in first. He should be at most an Assist Trophy in the flavour of Gogoat, who is probably one of the one shot Poke ball Pokemon anyway.

How could you miss the pogo-stick cane, which was obviously taken from Scrooge McDuck? :p

As 4 DK characters, that's what should have been the case now, with or without DLC. DK, Diddy, Dixie and K. Rool would have been perfect. So that we could focus on Cranky for Smash 5.

:231:
That moveset took me 2 mins to think about, cut me some slack :p

Seriously though, I envisioned it as a down air move similar to ZSS/Sheik where he'd dart down.

Rambi as a playable character in Smash, yes or no?
Better suited as an assist trophy.

I'd love to have 4 DKC characters and I think it's justified, I'm just skeptical that we'll get 2 brand new characters from the same franchise.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
If it were me, the track list for the GG stage would be:
Gangplank Galleon (rock remix)
Crocodile Cacaphony (remix)
Gangplank Galleon from Donkey Kong Land(remix)
Lockjaw's Saga (original)
Lochjaw's Saga-Chase underwater(original from Tropical Freeze)
Snakey Chantey(original)
Gloomy Galleon(remix)
Jib Jig aka Mainbrace Mayhem(remix)
K. Rool Medley.

Though realistically we'd probably only get 6 or 8 out of those songs if the dlc stages are anything to go by.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Real talk: If K. Rool gets a gameplay trailer Smash, am I the only one hoping it starts like so many others, with K. Rool just goofing off, running, showing taunts, etc. while the first part of Gangplank Galleon plays, then, when the music starts getting softer, with the epic drum drop, that's when we'll start seeing some epic combos, techs, and attacks to make K. Rool look good?
I want it to twist with my heart, completely holding off the surprise reward of the King only after long delay, excessive new content, and Dixie decoy.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I want it to twist with my heart, completely holding off the surprise reward of the King only after long delay, excessive new content, and Dixie decoy.
It'd be pretty gross if they used Dixie as a decoy. Unless you're talking about a Lucina/Robin kind of trailer.

Bananija

Count of Trickery

After the article on the previous page, I realized how mad I would be if Cranky Final Smash (if he was playable) wasn't transforming himself in his younger self to shoot barrels at people.
am i the only one who is still surprised how Ryu made it into smash before King k. rool?
Is your avatar suppose to be a reference to JJBA?

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I don't think Rambi would ever be an appropriate playable character.

But if Sakurai wasn't so indifferent to the DK series, I would LOVE an Animal Buddies box item like the Pokeballs.

They all write themselves:
Rambi - Runs around the stage butting everyone.
Winky - Gets someone on his back and tries to jump off the stage.
Engquarde - Bounces around and does his bill thrust move.
Expresso - Gets someone on his back and flies off the stage.
Squawks - Flies around and spits corn pops.
Rattly - Jumps around the stage, burying opponents like DKs Head-butt.
Squitter - Spits web around the stage to create new (temporary) platforms.
Clapper - Claps. Does nothing of any value.
Glimmer/Glower - Stage goes dark and Glimmer/Glower flops around with a lantern aimed at the player who released him.
Ellie - Spits water at opponents (works to push them back like Mario's FLUDD).
Parry - Stays above your head, if you can avoid it getting attacked for a few seconds you get a +1.
Flurl - Works like Peach's dress for the player who released him from the box for a limited time.
Helibird - Works as a DHD style recovery for the player who released him from the box a limited time.

I may have forgot a few Animal Buddies there.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
As much as I want the Rool in, we seem to be getting a little overconfident...three to four DK DLC? It's not happening. With the love the series has gotten, I don't expect anybody other than K.Rool. And even that's up in the air, but it seems more likely than not.

We do need some DK representation for items and assists, though, and that's probably not going to be a thing until 5mash. I'd love to see Chunky or Funky as an assist character, personally. The idea of a Cranky codex is amazing, and must happen.

And apologies to Dixie, but I have a character I'd love to see playable even before her. Because he's awesome. And he has neither style nor grace, but he does have a pretty funny face...

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
oh miiverse i also drew something for King k. rool in the past way back in early 2014

i dont know why i did this

OMG I PREDECTED 8 PLAYER SMASH!!!

my 3rd most wanted in the past

RIP my hopes for Boss battles
What's your username? am defintley following you.

Last edited:

TheBazry64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBazry64
Am i the only one who thinks a barrel or bananas would be far better series icons than the current one?
I don't like the current one it is just boring and has nothing to do with the DK series.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Am i the only one who thinks a barrel or bananas would be far better series icons than the current one?
I don't like the current one it is just boring and has nothing to do with the DK series.
It appears on Donkey Kong's tie and on DK barrels, so I wouldn't say it "has nothing to do with the DK series". Not sure how I feel about a barrel or bananas being a better icon, though.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
'DK' is perfect for Donkey Kong. Like, why is this even an issue?

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
I don't know, Mario has a mushroom, Zelda has the triforce.
I just want DK to have an "item" as icon too :D
The only "object" that would feel iconic enough in place of the DK icon would be a barrel. Banana is another OPTION but since Dk hasn't always been 100% banana based throughout his history and series it just wouldn't feel or look right to me. Like... a banana? BLEH. I think the "DK" icon is JUST FINE though. I don't see much wrong with it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom