• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
Then wouldn't a DK Barrel be more fitting?
Yeah but that kind of goes without saying. A DK barrel would be ideal. But a regular BARREL from dkc like this could work too, if we're talking a SINGULAR object. smashified ofc. So it would just be the foreshadow of the barrel and It's rings.

Last edited:

EvanBuck

Smash Cadet
I'm all for King K. Rool for smash. Bowser's in, Ganondorf's in, so I think another villain would be fitting.

My top pick is #ShadowForSmash, but considering how unlikely that is... :( Which reminds me: I should write up a Shadow for smash post on here. I get a lot of hate for supporting Shadow, but mainly because people don't realize his potential or think he can't get in because he's an assist trophy.

StormC

Smash Hero
Having the banana as the icon just makes me think of the Jungle Beat team saying they discarded every element of the DK series except for DK and the banana for not being fresh enough.

My top pick is #ShadowForSmash, but considering how unlikely that is... :( Which reminds me: I should write up a Shadow for smash post on here. I get a lot of hate for supporting Shadow, but mainly because people don't realize his potential or think he can't get in because he's an assist trophy.
A Shadow post would have to be here, since characters with active roles in the game can't have threads here.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Yeah but that kind of goes without saying. A DK barrel would be ideal. But a regular BARREL from dkc like this could work too, if we're talking a SINGULAR object. smashified ofc. So it would just be the foreshadow of the barrel and It's rings.
So... like Smash 64's barrel sorta? :4pacman:

StormC

Smash Hero
What are some idea's for how King K. Rool would enter the fight?

Some fight entrance idea's.
I personally like the idea of him just jumping in from the top of the screen, the same way he enters Gangplank Galleon in DKC1.

Being lowered in by a chain would be great too, though.

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
I've been wondering...

What kind of voice do you fellow kutthroats want or King to have in SM4SH? I'd want something akin to DK64's take on K. Rool. I don't care much for the Paon voice.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Then make it like Charizard's intro in Project M, then?

:231:
Sure!

I don't play Project M so I had to look it up but yeah that's the general idea.

I've been wondering...

What kind of voice do you fellow kutthroats want or King to have in SM4SH? I'd want something akin to DK64's take on K. Rool. I don't care much for the Paon voice.
I'm fine with pretty much anything; crocodile sounds, the PAON voice, a facsimile of the DK64 voice.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
For those who have an accurate and polished idea in their mind about how K. Rool would translate as a Smash fighter, I suggest you to visit my character concept thread. I'm curious to see what other people think of his potential playstyle. Titles mentions "most wanted newcomer", but obviously you're allowed to describe any character concept as long as you have an accurate idea of how they could work, I just said "most wanted" because I suppose people are mostly passionate about imagining movesets for their most wanted characters :p

StormC

Smash Hero
I really hope his losing pose is playing dead, but that might take up a lot of space in an eight player all K. Rool No Contest screen.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I've been wondering...

I think he'd probably have animal noises like Bowser and DK.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
I want his entry to be just like jumping out a barrel with DK and Diddy but an Oil Drum

His voice, I **** you not, i wan't the cartoon voice, but a bit more grumbly.

StormC

Smash Hero
Y'know, I never noticed until recently that K. Rool's crown was smaller in his DKC1 art than his in-game sprite.

Then in his DK64 art, it's as big as in the game.

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Today I was poking around the house, and to my suprise, I found my family's old N64. I took it to my room, and after fiddling around with it for awhile, managed to get it to work. One of the games I found with it was Donkey Kong 64. Being that it was one of the games my older brother never let me play as a kid, I'm excited to finally play it and experience King K. Rool firsthand.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
This isn't really related to K Rool but...

I absolutely despise the ads on this website. The videos that play every 2 minutes between posts that constantly shift the screen back to them when I'm trying to scroll down the page for roughly 10 seconds. Annoying as ****.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

I absolutely despise the ads on this website. The videos that play every 2 minutes between posts that constantly shift the screen back to them when I'm trying to scroll down the page for roughly 10 seconds. Annoying as ****.
lol I don't get that. Try a mobile device then.

I think K.Rool shouldn't clap

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Hearing King K. Rool with that deep, intense voice he has in DK64 really throws me off after previously only hearing him speak in the Donkey Kong cartoon. :c

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
If it were me, the track list for the GG stage would be:
Gangplank Galleon (rock remix)
Crocodile Cacaphony (remix)
Gangplank Galleon from Donkey Kong Land(remix)
Lockjaw's Saga (original)
Lochjaw's Saga-Chase underwater(original from Tropical Freeze)
Snakey Chantey(original)
Gloomy Galleon(remix)
Jib Jig aka Mainbrace Mayhem(remix)
K. Rool Medley.

Though realistically we'd probably only get 6 or 8 out of those songs if the dlc stages are anything to go by.
Just curious: Which two tunes would you pick for Smash 3DS' main and secondary tunes for the stage?

I would LOVE an Animal Buddies box item like the Pokeballs.
I honestly expected this to be something in the very first game. I'm still surprised that it wasn't in by Melee at the latest.

What are some idea's for how King K. Rool would enter the fight?
His classic DKC1 entrance would have to be it, for me.

I've been wondering...

I'm hoping for one of two things;

1: An angle similar to what they did for Dedede - voice-clips run through the relevant animal-noise filter.

2: K. Rool's TV show voice-actor, Benedict Campbell.

I expect we'll get the first one. I'm fine with that.

Actually, since the Kremling Kampaign has had some support from DK's TV series actor, I'm curious, does K. Rool's actor know of the campaign, and his somewhat iconic status due to the popularity of the DKC TV show songs here? :laugh:

Last edited:

Bananija

Count of Trickery

Have you tried Adblock?

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Just curious: Which two tunes would you pick for Smash 3DS' main and secondary tunes for the stage?

I honestly expected this to be something in the very first game. I'm still surprised that it wasn't in by Melee at the latest.

His classic DKC1 entrance would have to be it, for me.

I'm hoping for one of two things;

1: An angle similar to what they did for Dedede - voice-clips run through the relevant animal-noise filter.

2: K. Rool's TV show voice-actor, Benedict Campbell.

I expect we'll get the first one. I'm fine with that.

Actually, since the Kremling Kampaign has had some support from DK's TV series actor, I'm curious, does K. Rool's actor know of the campaign, and his somewhat iconic status due to the popularity of the DKC TV show songs here? :laugh:
For the 3-DS version, GG rock remix and Crocodile Cacaphony remix.

As for K. Rool's voice actor from the tv show goes, I did talk to him about it as well as BKuppa666 but never got back to us. He did joke back though to me when I asked"what's up King K. Rool?"

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
Having had almost no experience with the cartoon as a kid and growing up with DKC1-3 and DK64, I would probably prefer it if he had a deeper and more crocodile-sounding voice. While his voice in the cartoon was amazing, it just isn't suited for a character like K. Rool in my eyes.
Though this opinion would probably be different if I had actually watched the cartoon -- I still have a VHS tape of it, actually...

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
how about k rool comes in from under the stage dripping wet? (which goes away within seconds) (referencing the krocodile kore level of dkc2)

StormC

Smash Hero
Hearing King K. Rool with that deep, intense voice he has in DK64 really throws me off after previously only hearing him speak in the Donkey Kong cartoon. :c
He starts off DK64 menacing and sinister, then gradually becomes more comical and buffoonish, culminating in the boss fight.

Interestingly, I was digging around earlier today, and the DK64 manual gives a very different account of the opening story. K. Rool crying literal crocodile tears is something I would have loved to see in a cutscene. Reminds me of how the DKC1/2 GBA ports recreated the manual stories in the opening.

Also, when it comes to evil laughs, this one at 2:40 is also fantastic:

Incidentally, the GBA version totally ruined this scene by adding music and a bunch of comedic moments. Ugh.

how about k rool comes in from under the stage dripping wet? (which goes away within seconds) (referencing the krocodile kore level of dkc2)
God, I wish. Have some fish flopping around for extra emphasis.

Last edited:

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
If it were me, the track list for the GG stage would be:
Gangplank Galleon (rock remix)
Crocodile Cacaphony (remix)
Gangplank Galleon from Donkey Kong Land(remix)
Lockjaw's Saga (original)
Lochjaw's Saga-Chase underwater(original from Tropical Freeze)
Snakey Chantey(original)
Gloomy Galleon(remix)
Jib Jig aka Mainbrace Mayhem(remix)
K. Rool Medley.

Though realistically we'd probably only get 6 or 8 out of those songs if the dlc stages are anything to go by.
what about the original versions of gankplank galleon, crocodile cacophony. and big boss blues?
ooh and a remix of vs k rool from dk64?

StormC

Smash Hero
Confession:

I'd rather have the Pirate Ship stage back than Gangplank Galleon.

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
He starts off DK64 menacing and sinister, then gradually becomes more comical and buffoonish, culminating in the boss fight.

Interestingly, I was digging around earlier today, and the DK64 manual gives a very different account of the opening story. K. Rool crying literal crocodile tears is something I would have loved to see in a cutscene. Reminds me of how the DKC1/2 GBA ports recreated the manual stories in the opening.

Also, when it comes to evil laughs, this one at 2:40 is also fantastic:

Incidentally, the GBA version totally ruined this scene by adding music and a bunch of comedic moments. Ugh.

God, I wish. Have some fish flopping around for extra emphasis.
read the entire manuel in crankys voice XD

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Say, isn't that laugh reused from the ghost-skeleton guys in the chase levels? Kackle, I think they were called? That is a good one. Very spooky.
There was a lot of sound-effect re-use in those days. :laugh:

And, yeah, Kackle is right. I can remember how ominous and threatening he seemed back in the day. So cool. DKC2 is such a great game.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Sad and terrible news from the world of Nintendo Kurtthroats.......

I'm really really sad....I can't believe it....

Mr. Iwata passed away today.......

Top Bottom