• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I just can't believe it I'm ****ing shocked I just stared at my computer screen for like 5 minutes....

The next direct is going to be rough I'm not afraid to admit I might cry a little cause he won't be there an you know they're going to say something....

StormC

Smash Hero
That's awful. He was just with us. I know he had health problems but were they that severe?

It would be awesome if Sakurai could find a way to pay respects through DLC.

I heard about this checking my phone at the gym and now I don't even want to exercise anymore. My thoughts go out to his friends, family and employees.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Iwata had a hand in a bunch of things I hold in high regard. I will always carry that with me, and I'm sure many, many others will be doing the very same.

Thanks for the memories, Iwata-san, and may you rest in peace.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
That's awful. He was just with us. I know he had health problems but were they that severe?

It would be awesome if Sakurai could find a way to pay respects through DLC.

I heard about this checking my phone at the gym and now I don't even want to exercise anymore. My thoughts go out to his friends, family and employees.
Iwata mii costume
Iwata trophies (multiple)
Iwata stage
Any other idea to be hommage to this great man via Smash DLC?

StormC

Smash Hero
This guy saved EarthBound from near destruction and made it possible for Kanto to be in Gold and Silver through sheer programming. He will be missed.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Iwata mii costume
Iwata trophies (multiple)
Iwata stage
Any other idea to be hommage to this great man via Smash DLC?
Well, what's a Nintendo Character Iwata was shown to be really fond of?
Maybe we could get a fellow from that series (or just that character) in Smash?

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
I wonder how Sakurai is doing with this loss, he worked real close with Iwata.
He made a statement on Twitter saying

"The president of Nintendo, Satoru Iwata has passed away. He was my former employer, but even when my situation and location changed, he was always the most understanding [of me and my work]. A hard worker and a virtuous man, he always supplied me with quick, fair guidance. I believe that he was the greatest leader I could have imagined. May you rest in peace"

Translated by PushDustin

Last edited:

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
PushDustIn's Translation:
“The president of Nintendo, Satoru Iwata has passed away. He was my former employer, but even when my situation and location changed, he was always the most understanding [of me and my work]. A hard worker and a virtuous man, he always supplied me with quick, fair guidance. I believe that he was the greatest leader I could have imagined. May you rest in peace.”

Edit: Beat me to it.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
PushDudtIn's Translation:
“The president of Nintendo, Satoru Iwata has passed away. He was my former employer, but even when my situation and location changed, he was always the most understanding [of me and my work]. A hard worker and a virtuous man, he always supplied me with quick, fair guidance. I believe that he was the greatest leader I could have imagined. May you rest in peace.”
Aw man, that really is very touching of him to say. Rest in peace, Mr. Iwata.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
People all across the site are mourning Iwata's loss....I see this thread is no exception...

I might not come here as often as I used to, but since I am a Kutthroat myself.... I felt I should pay my respects here among many other areas of this site as well....

Iwata helped bring the company of Nintendo to where it is today, truly....but illness had decided to take him from this world early, at the mere age of 55....Godspeed. You will truly be missed....

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
are we serious right now?

for about 30 minutes ive been just staring at the screen in utter shock, how did he suddenly "just die"?

i'm acutally crying right now!

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
what about the original versions of gankplank galleon, crocodile cacophony. and big boss blues?
ooh and a remix of vs k rool from dk64?
I would'nt want to add too much of the same songs but with different versions, then it'd be like the endless Jungle Hijinx songs we have for both DK jungle stages but yeah, if it came between having king k. rool/ship deck 2 as the default theme for the stage and the original one, I'd likley go with the original version, same with crocodile cacaphony. I would just love to hear new rock remixes of them though, especially if it's from David Wise. Big Boss Blues would only work for a Fear Factory or Castle stage imo and K. Rool Dual for 64 would be better for the boxing ring stage, though I too would love to hear them as well.

Sad and terrible news from the world of Nintendo Kurtthroats.......

I'm really really sad....I can't believe it....

Mr. Iwata passed away today.......
Rest In Peace Mr. Iwata, thank you for giving us some of the best video games in Nintendo history ever.

StormC

Smash Hero
are we serious right now?

for about 30 minutes ive been just staring at the screen in utter shock, how did he suddenly "just die"?

i'm acutally crying right now!
I've been crying for at least an hour. It feels like a nightmare I want to wake up from.

55. Jesus ****ing Christ.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
It's such a tragedy for us to lose such a beloved member of Nintendo. The news has shocked me too, given that he was so young and had such a legacy with Nintendo, and with all of us.

Rest in peace, Mr. Iwata. We Kutthroats wouldn't be here without you, and thank you for being the face of Nintendo for all these years. Rest in peace...:cry::cry::cry::crying::crying::crying:

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
I just found out mr iwata passed away... I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! HE WAS SO YOUNG!!! D: R.I.P

StormC

Smash Hero
This is the guy who made a point to mention he had the soundtrack to DKC on his iPod. He will always be One Of Us.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
****. I stumbled upon the news on Reddit and thought it was a bad joke at first, then felt like I was walking into a nightmare. This is the guy in large part responsible for bringing us all together here, what with his pivotal roles in getting out DKC and boosting Smash out of the conceptual stage. He's now with Yamauchi and Yokoi, watching over us. I know I'll miss him dearly for sure.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
While we are talking about Iwata, I'd like to post this video in honor of him, and it is DKC related too. Here it is.

Top Bottom