• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

StormC

Smash Hero
Many of us are very personally affected by this announcement and are grieving. Please don't turn it into a joke or a potshot.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I know everyone made fun of iwata he was funny but it wasent as in mocking him we all did respect him and everything he has done for nintendo.

He always did try with his english and he was getting better and better.

Miyamoto cant speak a word of it...

Hope iwata rests in peace.

Im still shocked...

I wonder what this means for nintendo
One thing is for sure that Nintendo directs are never gonna be the same again..
Im not sure if we will even get a Direct in August...

Wow...man...

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
This is really stunning and shocking to hear. R.I.P. Mr. Iwata. Thank you for everything you've done for Nintendo and gaming as a whole.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
This is a time to mourn, not to leverage this tragedy for a fictional character.

On the subject of K. Rool, though, I'm hoping some of our artists out there can make a few drawings featuring him in relation to Iwata, like some of the other ones we've seen so far with Mario, Luigi and co. It doesn't have to be anything fancy, so long as it's heartfelt.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
"sigh" I'm still rather stunned from it all. Why did it have to happen this early in his life? And why from an illness?

Life can be truly cruel at times...

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
Iwata was the one who suggested the Fighter Ballot to Sakurai. So if K. Rool gets in as DLC, it will be because of Iwata.

...I need a tissue.

D

Deleted member

I will miss you Iwata,you were such an influential part of Nintendo. Thank You.
Im so sorry for posting the same song again, but i have been listening it all night after this announcement.

Last edited by a moderator:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Really sad to hear about this. He will be missed. I'm actually confused because I typically feel "disconnected" from "celebrity" passings. But I guess Mr. Iwata'a style and philosophy made me feel like "part of the family". So that's how I feel about this right now. Like losing somebody I "actually" knew.

I think if anyone's thinking about doing a pic trying to show K. Rool fans appreciation of Iwata, best to keep it very simple. K. Rool is a very goofy and villainous character, my sense is that it could be very unintentionally tacky if not thoughtful enough.

I can't join in at this very moment, but here are some ideas some could work with:

- Just a sad K. Rool face with a short message in memory/appreciation of Iwata.
- K. Rool comforting Dedede/Kirby/Metaknight (his connection to HAL)
- K. Rool comforting a Mother character (his connection to Mother series)
- The Kremling flag at half mast

Just saying this because even well-intentioned tributes could be unexpectedly insulting. Nobody needs to deal with that. If you can't think of something , don't force it.

R.I.P.

D

Deleted member

Really sad to hear about this. He will be missed. I'm actually confused because I typically feel "disconnected" from "celebrity" passings. But I guess Mr. Iwata'a style and philosophy made me feel like "part of the family". So that's how I feel about this right now. Like losing somebody I "actually" knew.

I think if anyone's thinking about doing a pic trying to show K. Rool fans appreciation of Iwata, best to keep it very simple. K. Rool is a very goofy and villainous character, my sense is that it could be very unintentionally tacky if not thoughtful enough.

I can't join in at this very moment, but here are some ideas some could work with:

- Just a sad K. Rool face with a short message in memory/appreciation of Iwata.
- K. Rool comforting Dedede/Kirby/Metaknight (his connection to HAL)
- K. Rool comforting a Mother character (his connection to Mother series)
- The Kremling flag at half mast

Just saying this because even well-intentioned tributes could be unexpectedly insulting. Nobody needs to deal with that. If you can't think of something , don't force it.

R.I.P.
These are some good ideas. I would appreciate some Mother character fan art honoring Iwata right about now.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Ow man...i cringe at the next nintendo direct
Im really intrigued at how its gonna be..(not in disrespectful way)

I just....i dunno...i hope they dont suck ass..and get some next nintendo jockie to do it..
I think it Will be great if Reggie does em but..i dont know if thats possible..hes only CEO not President...

Miyamoto cant do em ofc.

I think we may get a direct from nintendo soon as a tribute...

Wow...

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Ok so @ Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei , what did you mean draw our character?

I mean seriously, I couldn't do much with how strong I emotionally reacted (and probably will only be able to do stuff in a day or 2).
Well. Just draw Paper Mario thanking Iwata for what he has done.

No more than that.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Well. Just draw Paper Mario thanking Iwata for what he has done.

No more than that.
oh, well tbh, even if I wanted, I couldn't like I really reacted so much :)

Although, I did honored him by beating shadow queen ONLY to take this shot:

Screenshot from 2015-07-12 23:27:21.png

Don;t worry, it's not that active anyway, I said I would keep my avi for some days actually :)

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Ow man...i cringe at the next nintendo direct
Im really intrigued at how its gonna be..(not in disrespectful way)

I just....i dunno...i hope they dont suck ***..and get some next nintendo jockie to do it..
I think it Will be great if Reggie does em but..i dont know if thats possible..hes only CEO not President...

Miyamoto cant do em ofc.

I think we may get a direct from nintendo soon as a tribute...

Wow...
Reggie is actually COO of NOA. Earlier in the year, Iwata took over as CEO of NOA when he was already CEO of Nintendo of Japan.

TheSmasher916

Smash Journeyman
Rest in peace Mr. Iwata... We didn't know you personally, but you are still despite what anyone may say, one of our closest friends..Your legacy and influence on Nintendo, gaming, and our culture as a whole will never be forgotten.. You've touched so many of our lives and have taught us so many things not only as gamers, but as people.. You will be missed, and thank you for everything.. I hope you and Mr. Yamauchi are having a blast wherever you may be now..

I hope that in the next direct they seriously pay tribute to Iwata. If they did some kind of video montage ending with him saying "thank you for watching" as one final sendoff.....I think I'd cry for an hour straight. Lord knows I already did tonight... Condolences to his family and friends..

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Just so everyone knows, although I'm sure it's already been said; it was Iwata who posited the Smash Ballot to Sakurai. And so it was Iwata who pretty much allowed us to be in the position we're in right now.

We have alot to thank him for as Nintendo fans, because he impacted a hell of alot of games. (Earthbound wouldn't exist without him, Pokemon Gold/Silver wouldn't have the Kanto segment, and I know there's many other things.)

The guy cut his pay in half to reduce the 3DS pricetag so that they'd sell better, and also did it once so that his employees could be paid more during hard times. We really lost a great person today, and as Smash fans, we have a ton of things to thank him for.

Just wanted to say this.

Rest well, Iwata. I hope we can find someone even somewhat worthy of your shoes.

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
It's strange how the death of someone you've never known personally can affect you.

Iwata indirectly played a large role in my life. Without the games he programmed or produced, I'd have never experienced many of the joys I have or met some of the wonderful friends I have now. It's a great thing how something as simple as lines of code can bring people together, and cause them to share both happiness and sadness. This thread is a prime example of that.

Goodbye Mr. Iwata, and thank you for all your hard work.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Another suggestion: Iwata dressed as a Kremling/pirate side by side with K. Rool.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Another suggestion: Iwata dressed as a Kremling/pirate side by side with K. Rool.
Even better, sharing a drink with K. Rool at a table. Gotta make it obviously friendly and warmhearted after all, and given Iwata's history with DKC, it only makes sense!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm a terrible example of an artist. Just having K.Rool with a bouquet while crying would be more than enough imo
Well, anything at all would be an excellent tribute regardless, so that sounds perfect. :shades:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
oh, well tbh, even if I wanted, I couldn't like I really reacted so much :)

Although, I did honored him by beating shadow queen ONLY to take this shot:

View attachment 61449

Don;t worry, it's not that active anyway, I said I would keep my avi for some days actually :)
I cant tell you how badly i wanna play that game again...i want it to come to the WiiU VC so bad...

But it the VC dont have GC games..

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Here is my personnal drawing to Iwata (which also happen to be my avatar minus the awesome ribbon made by @N3ON )
Iwataisgreat.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom