• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
looks like I'll be leaving the boards for a while until everyone's come to. I'm pretty sure Iwata would'nt want us to be sad about him forever you know, stay strong guys and don't let this passing stop ya from supporting not only k. rool but everything nintendo has to offer. Until then, I'll be taking a break from here. Good luck to you all for now.

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
I seen what happened this morning, as soon as i seen iwata had died, it shocked me, i posted my respects in the Iwata passes away news' section. Just like how all you feel about it, i felt the same way about it too, Sad and unhappy, i've been thinking about it all day today, about how nintendo's future may be uncertain, but i'm sure they'll find some way to keep the company intact.

Again i say as i said this morning. You were a legend and a brilliant visionary in all gamers' eyes, especially mine, you will never be forgotten till the end of time and will always be remembered as a great leader for nintendo, may you rest in peace Mr. Iwata.:crying:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I really need to step away from Smashboards for a day at least, everytime I think I've started to accepted all this and run into another piece of fan art the water works start up again.

Have any of you ever toyed around in the Super Duel Mode in Mario Party 5? I find it really fun and spend a lot of time just tinkering with machine builds in there and wish it was expanded upon.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I really need to step away from Smashboards for a day at least, everytime I think I've started to accepted all this and run into another piece of fan art the water works start up again.

Have any of you ever toyed around in the Super Duel Mode in Mario Party 5? I find it really fun and spend a lot of time just tinkering with machine builds in there and wish it was expanded upon.
Go and have fun, Iwata would've wanted that for all of us anyway.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Heh heh! I just pulled a prank on someone who doesn't like K. Rool at all on another forum. You guys wanna hear about it?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
I love Super Duel Mode and have also spent a lot of time in it.

I really like the customization that it offers and the core game play is really fun.

For me, it's one of the best parts of the game.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I love Super Duel Mode and have also spent a lot of time in it.

I really like the customization that it offers and the core game play is really fun.

For me, it's one of the best parts of the game.
While it might not be related to K. Rool at all, I always envisioned a "Super Bowser Jr." type game where it emphasizes his mechanical skills, and it expands on the Super Duel Mode "theme" while adding a lot more options beyond just standard vehicles. And before people would decry it being very similar to Nuts and Bolts (which was actually not that bad, just not a banjo game), at least Mario isn't a dead series without a game in over a decade and is known for its plentiful spinoffs.

Armored Core: Mushroom Kingdom Edition basically.

D

Deleted member

Like I said, this guy does not like K. Rool one bit, to the point that he has even asked others not to vote for him on the ballot. Really! Anyway, remember this?

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/117/c/9/king_k__roll_in_a_swimsuit__by_levert2457-d637mjp.png

I sent this to him as a visitor's message on his profile to gross him out, which it did. I dunno about you guys, but I got a laugh from this.
I personally despise pranks,but thanks for the laughs man.I really needed to chuckle at least a little.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Like I said, this guy does not like K. Rool one bit, to the point that he has even asked others not to vote for him on the ballot. Really! Anyway, remember this?

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/117/c/9/king_k__roll_in_a_swimsuit__by_levert2457-d637mjp.png

I sent this to him as a visitor's message on his profile to gross him out, which it did. I dunno about you guys, but I got a laugh from this.
We at SWF do not endorse pranks.

We do endorse spreading the word of Kuhrool.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Has anyone else played a few rounds of Smash 3DS on the Balloon Fight stage, in remembrance of Iwata?

I just got done doing so, along with playing a bit of the Balloon Trip mode in Balloon Fight itself. :) I remember how entertained I was when Iwata explained to Game Center CX's Arino how the dreaded fish actually works (suffice it to say, that fish got me a few times today)! :laugh:

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I wonder if there's the possibility of the Balloon Fight stage going on the Wii U version; free update, perhaps?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I wonder if there's the possibility of the Balloon Fight stage going on the Wii U version; free update, perhaps?
I could see that. It's not something I'd expect to hear about until the August direct, but yeah.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero

Mario Party died for me after 2 & 3. N64
They were the greatest in the series no doubt.
It took to much of a tumble when it hit the GC just didnt like em at all.
Mario Party 3 was almost perfection.
Just needed more maps.
I think Mario Party 2 had probly the best maps.
3 had great maps too,

PS: Does any wanna match? WiiU?

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Something that got mentioned elsewhere, apparently the description for the 3DS version Kritter trophy got patched recently. Whereas the trophy used to be called "Kremling," its name got changed to the proper "Kritter" instead.

It confirms that trophy errors are no longer permanent in any case.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Something that got mentioned elsewhere, apparently the description for the 3DS version Kritter trophy got patched recently. Whereas the trophy used to be called "Kremling," its name got changed to the proper "Kritter" instead.

This is interesting, particularly because no one was really complaining. Polish is as important of a priority as ever.

:231:

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman

Hm... How are the chances that they noticed this error when they researched K. Rool to make him a fighter?

I'd say it's not very likely, but a possibility. Hopefully.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I think you'd look good with a nice pink name~ ;3
Red oni, pink oni trope hype~

I wonder what else they patched up, this explains why patch 1.09 happened while doing seemingly nothing

StormC

Smash Hero

Is this the only trophy patch? (Let's all be thankful this isn't Brawl with K. Rool and his brother in the trophy description.)

Last edited:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
I'd laugh if this fix foreshadowed K. Rool becoming a playable fighter.

The chances are probably close to zero but it would be pretty cool if it happened.

Regardless, it's still nice to see this get fixed.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I'd laugh if this fix foreshadowed K. Rool becoming a playable fighter.

The chances are probably close to zero but it would be pretty cool if it happened.

Regardless, it's still nice to see this get fixed.
Why close to zero? I don't think the idea is that unreasonable.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I mean, it's one of those things we'll literally never know the answer to, but it's kind of fun to imagine and can help give people more hope.

I personally think they just did a pass for trophy correctness, but it could've been for a bigger reason, to be sure. Now, were there any OTHER trophies with obvious errors?

Last edited:

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
Mario Party died for me after 2 & 3. N64
They were the greatest in the series no doubt.
It took to much of a tumble when it hit the GC just didnt like em at all.
Mario Party 3 was almost perfection.
Just needed more maps.
I think Mario Party 2 had probly the best maps.
3 had great maps too,

PS: Does any wanna match? WiiU?
sure if you're still up for it
lets take
this to the match thread instead.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I mean, calling the trophy "Kremling" isn't inaccurate. "Kritter" is just more specific.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892

I was the first (?) person to notice this change. I'm sure somebody with an earlier software version can verify.

Pre-patch:

Kremlings are King K. Rool's minions from the Donkey Kong series, and they come in both green and blue varieties. Green ones will try to bite you repeatedly, and their last bite hurts the most! Blue ones will swipe at you with their sharp claws. Neither really knocks you back, so it's easy to get hit several times by them.

Post-patch:

Kritters are King K. Rool's minions from the Donkey Kong series, and they come in both green and blue varieties. Green ones will try to bite you repeatedly, and their last bite hurts the most! Blue ones will swipe at you with their sharp claws. Neither really knocks you back, so it's easy to get hit several times by them.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I was the first (?) person to notice this change. I'm sure somebody with an earlier software version can verify.

Pre-patch:

Kremlings are King K. Rool's minions from the Donkey Kong series, and they come in both green and blue varieties. Green ones will try to bite you repeatedly, and their last bite hurts the most! Blue ones will swipe at you with their sharp claws. Neither really knocks you back, so it's easy to get hit several times by them.

Post-patch:

Kritters are King K. Rool's minions from the Donkey Kong series, and they come in both green and blue varieties. Green ones will try to bite you repeatedly, and their last bite hurts the most! Blue ones will swipe at you with their sharp claws. Neither really knocks you back, so it's easy to get hit several times by them.
Was the same issue on the Wii U aswell? I remember unlocking Kritter and the trophy name was indeed Kritter and I unlocked him way back before Mewtwo patch.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
Was the same issue on the Wii U aswell? I remember unlocking Kritter and the trophy name was indeed Kritter and I unlocked him way back before Mewtwo patch.
The Wii U version has a different trophy description altogether:

These enemies are part of King K. Rool's Kremling gang in the Donkey Kong series. Depending on their color, they move and attack in different ways. Unfortunately for them, Donkey Kong tends to take them out before they even know what is going on. On a separate note, you can actually play as a Kritter in Donkey Kong Barrel Blast!

murdokdracul

"What do you mean you support Yoshimitsu?!"
NNID
murdokdracul
3DS FC
2836-0188-2561
Switch FC
SW-5151-9208-7814
I just submitted a vote for K. Rool. Out of all the choices that I consider realistic (i.e. not Yoshimitsu or Sandslash), he and the Ice Climbers are my most wanted, and I figure if Sakurai wanted the Ice Climbers in, either he'd have put them in by now, or he'd currently be hard at work on them and votes wouldn't matter.

I don't even play Donkey Kong games; I just know how much he's wanted and it's disappointing to see that a lot of fans don't have their favourite character yet. So good luck, Kremlings, and have two sharp, green crocodile thumbs up from me. #KrocTheVote

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
I don't even play Donkey Kong games; I just know how much he's wanted and it's disappointing to see that a lot of fans don't have their favourite character yet. So good luck, Kremlings, and have two sharp, green crocodile thumbs up from me. #KrocTheVote
This is the type of attitude I'd like to see more of.

StormC

Smash Hero
I just submitted a vote for K. Rool. Out of all the choices that I consider realistic (i.e. not Yoshimitsu or Sandslash), he and the Ice Climbers are my most wanted, and I figure if Sakurai wanted the Ice Climbers in, either he'd have put them in by now, or he'd currently be hard at work on them and votes wouldn't matter.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
http://www.tubechop.com/watch/6423647
I'm not sure how to embed this type of videos.

Would you prefer this to be a taunt or a victory pose?
OHHH A TAUNT DEF!!!! I'd ONLY use that one XD!!!:roll: It would also work as a win pose, but my main reason for wanting it as a taunt is so you can respond to the crowds "King K. RULES King K. RULES" by going, "YAHHH THANK YOUUU!!!"

Last edited:
Top Bottom