• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
I think I might have to replay Tropical Freeze again...I forgot how beautiful the game's soundtrack is. Was looking through some of my favorite video game themes today and found this. It's stuff like this that reminds me just why I love Donkey Kong Country so darn much.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I think I am going to bite the bullet and get DKCR3D this summer. I haven't yet played a Country game and as my only console at the minute is the 3DS, this seems like the best choice.

It strikes me that I'm not the first person to say something like this; this thread has a remarkable ability to pull in people merely interested in K Rool as a character and get them playing Donkey Kong.

Edit: There we go; reserved for collection tomorrow.

Last edited:
Ironic when you consider the character...
not to bring up Ridley again butttttttttt

Ridley is s psycho that ate samus's parents and pretty much has no remorse.

the ridley community straight up had to have a rule in place not to be too nice because we were having problems.

maybe community kindness is inversely proportional to character kindness. . .

Bananija

Count of Trickery
not to bring up Ridley again butttttttttt

Ridley is s psycho that ate samus's parents and pretty much has no remorse.

the ridley community straight up had to have a rule in place not to be too nice because we were having problems.

maybe community kindness is inversely proportional to character kindness. . .
I second this...
Which mean that Peach support thread is full of th biggest A-holes in the world :troll:(it's a joke, I'm just kidding)

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I think I am going to bite the bullet and get DKCR3D this summer. I haven't yet played a Country game and as my only console at the minute is the 3DS, this seems like the best choice.

It strikes me that I'm not the first person to say something like this; this thread has a remarkable ability to pull in people merely interested in K Rool as a character and get them playing Donkey Kong.

Edit: There we go; reserved for collection tomorrow.
Enjoy! Returns is a pretty darn good modernization of the original DKC's gameplay and world archetypes while adding in a fair amount of its own flair. Make sure you pick up the others if you ever come to own a Wii U, since as good as Returns is, most DKC fans rate it as the "least good" DKC overall.

You did get yourself into the probably friendliest, funniest, and best community on SmashBoards.
It's funny, you go to other forums and they complain about how K. Rool fans are so mean or annoying or whatever, but I can't remember any newcomer who's come into the thread and not had a good time. Kind of shoots down the troll attempts to turn K. Rool into "the next Ridley," heh.

D

Deleted member

I think ballot speculation is going to be a lot more morbid from now on. Just in general, it's hard to think of Nintendo continuing as a company without Iwata. In a way, I feel like it puts things in perspective.

At the same time, I think Iwata would want us to continue our passion for this character and this series, as no doubt he wanted the ballot to allow the fans a medium to share their passion about characters and Smash. Hopefully one by one we'll come to terms with our grieving in our own way and return to the zest we had one day.

Iwata, you're as Kutthroat as they kome.

Things are definitely going to be changing now that Iwata is gone. Whatever that change is remains to be seen.
Red oni, pink oni trope hype~

I wonder what else they patched up, this explains why patch 1.09 happened while doing seemingly nothing
It's likely because people were complaining about online issues, getting kicked off and such. I wouldn't read into it.
This was amazing
Just wow. It really got to me.

Furret24

Smash Master
I've played more of DK in this game since I kinda-sorta-not-really joined this thread (please add me to the list of supporters if you could) than I have in the other 6 or so months i've had this game combined

What kind of sorcery are you guys pulling on me?

KevN くコ:彡

Smash Journeyman
I've played more of DK in this game since I kinda-sorta-not-really joined this thread (please add me to the list of supporters if you could) than I have in the other 6 or so months i've had this game combined

Dude, DK is such a fun character. Throw K. Rool in there and it will be perfect!

StormC

Smash Hero
As a lifelong Donkey Kong fan, it was only through the Kremling Kampaign did I truly appreciate K. Rool as a character.

I guess you don't know how good you've got it until it's gone.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Add you to the list of supporters?

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Yes, if possible. It'd rock if I was one of you, no lie.
one more song
why is DK such a good singer

you know if you replace the lyric Eddie with baby or something like that, its be the most normal song to sing in public.

Last edited:

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
As a lifelong Donkey Kong fan, it was only through the Kremling Kampaign did I truly appreciate K. Rool as a character.

I guess you don't know how good you've got it until it's gone.
Same here. i wanted him in smash before but i didn't really truly and fully appreciate k.rool as a character until i encountered this thread.

King*Krool

Smash Apprentice
The Original Soundtrack for everything DK related is amazing.

Even the show had hit songs. Should have some for stages in a Krazy world.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I played DK games before but I will say this thread gave me a new appreciation for the series.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
but I can't remember any newcomer who's come into the thread and not had a good time. Kind of shoots down the troll attempts to turn K. Rool into "the next Ridley," heh.
There was that kid who claimed DK didn't deserve content because it didn't sell as well as Uprising, as stupid as it was, does that count?

This thread is the only reason why I'm interested in the DK franchise

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I never played Tropical Freeze yet, and that's one of my biggest shames in gaming ever. Just hearing those David Wise tracks from that game, it really gives me a nostalgic feeling. Man, I need to unlearn getting so broke all the damn time. I really need to play Tropical Freeze, and if I get a Wii U anyway, the original SNES triology will be the first thing I download. Yes, even before getting :4mewtwo::4lucas::4feroy::4ryu: at my own Smash file. One thing that majorly bums me about Tropical Freeze though is the lack of tag teams. I SWEAR, this game would be a Day 01 buy for me, even if I had to get a loan from the bank, if I could just play as :4diddy: and Dixie.

The Donkey Kong Country series really has this magic feeling around it I hardly feel with any other series in gaming.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I enjoyed the DKC games as a kid, though I never really paid attention to the characters that much.

This thread helped me appreciate the games and the overall theme and setting of the series. MORE importantly, however, it introduced me to the (as BKupa666 puts it in the OP) esteemed DKC cartoon. That has a charm of its own. :laugh:

As well reintroducing me to the wonders of David Wise.

:231:

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I swear the DKC world was just my ideal fantasy-world to dwell in my 4 to 10th years of age, really. The atmosphere the original triology created is still unmatched I feel. The characters, visuals, music and gameplay really did this all in amazing charm. This was the very reason that I chose to stick with Nintendo since a kid. I basically gave all other Nintendo franchises a chance because of DKC, and later Smash. So yes, am happy that the franchise is finally getting the love it deserves. King K.Rool in Smash would be the ultimate testimony of the series' greatness I feel, so that's why he was basically my most wanted since day 1.

Jurae818

Smash Journeyman
Happy 825. Found an old post which had some ideas for items in response to an idiot who said DK had not usable items. Not here, mind you.

Animal Crate.
You get a pick of either Rambi, Expresso, Squitter or Winky. They function the same way they do in the games.

Orange Grenade
Throw it and it bounces around the stage before exploding. Replaces the Gooey Bomb.

Banana Fairy
Forms a magic barrier that halves all damage for about fifteen seconds.

Coconut Gun
Fire one-three rounds at a time. Replaces the ray gun.

Life Balloon
Gives you an extra stock, can only be used in stock matches, appears once and goes off-screen.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Squawks could also become an item. When you pick him up, he follows you for about 20 seconds before disappearing and picks up usable items for you. Or picks powerful throw items, as Bob-Ombs and Pokéballs and uses them on random enemies for you. He could also spit coconuts to attack.

I also want the Barrel Cannon 2L84ME back. And this time, it shouldn't dissapear in 3 or so seconds like in Melee.

Coconut Gun or any other DK64 weapons are also an awesome idea. Yet I don't want to see them replace any old skool items, like the Ray Gun. The Goey Bomb I can easily live without though.

Not only Animal Crates, but DK Barrels could also be used as items? Another summoning item, which could give us appearces of say, Kiddy Kong, Cranky Kong, Chunky Kong, Lanky Kong and Tiny Kong? Am 100% down for that to happen to.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
DKCR3D is mine!

One level in... I think I'm starting to get it. As in, the love for DKC. The aesthetics are great (and helped by the great music) with a lot more charm than the blocky platformers I'm used to, the game play itself as fun (I love how heavy DK feels), it's hilarious and there's a lot packed into each level. I'm obviously not up to the famed difficulty I've heard of (I am playing on the original mode rather than the new Easy mode) but even still, call me Kongverted.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
DKCR3D is mine!

One level in... I think I'm starting to get it. As in, the love for DKC. The aesthetics are great (and helped by the great music) with a lot more charm than the blocky platformers I'm used to, the game play itself as fun (I love how heavy DK feels), it's hilarious and there's a lot packed into each level. I'm obviously not up to the famed difficulty I've heard of (I am playing on the original mode rather than the new Easy mode) but even still, call me Kongverted.
Returns is a great game, but mostly because it finally picked up where Rare left with the series. Which is why it's so well appriciated, at least, by me that's the reason. The gameplay is great, and really captures the fast paced style of the DKC SNES platformers. Yet, still I prefer the original triology over it. Even the GBA remakes. And I highly suggest you'd look to pick those 3 games up to if Returns is something you like.

Same way how a Metroid fan will probably always advice you to pick up Super Metroid. And same way how a Zelda fan would most likely want you to play Ocarina of Time before anything else.

Btw, DKC2 is best DKC. :4diddy:

KevN くコ:彡

Smash Journeyman
Trust me, tropical freeze is beyond fantastic. Heck, I'd put it right up there with dkc 2 it's that good. David Wise's soundtrack is the icing on the delicious cake.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
When people complain about DKC difficulty, is Time Attack one of the major factors? 'Cause this stuff is crazy. Still stuck on level 1 but refusing to move on until it's done.

Edit: well, ome level perfectly cleared. Beating that time attack was incredibly satisfying but I'd better take a break for the sake of my health.

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Oof, had a really bad dream last night, one where we found out that Mr. Sakurai passed away too but from a heart attack.

At least here in reality he's still alive, overworked and nearly losing his hand, but still very much alive.

Anyway, DKCTR is an enjoyable game. Tag teaming is a missed feature of mine because I'd love to actually play -as- Cranky. If the game had tag teaming it would have easily surpassed DKCR. It makes me wonder if DKCR3 will return with tag teaming and more animal buddies, and maybe possibly Rool and the Kremlings.

StormC

Smash Hero
I swear the DKC world was just my ideal fantasy-world to dwell in my 4 to 10th years of age, really. The atmosphere the original triology created is still unmatched I feel. The characters, visuals, music and gameplay really did this all in amazing charm.
I agree 100%. The original trilogy created what felt like a living, breathing world, in a way that even the Retro games haven't quite managed yet. I'd go as far to say it's the best video game trilogy ever.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
I agree 100%. The original trilogy created what felt like a living, breathing world, in a way that even the Retro games haven't quite managed yet. I'd go as far to say it's the best video game trilogy ever.
If you want a living, breathing world in a video game series, play these two games:

Top Bottom