• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I see us getting one ballot character announced in August. That's it.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I personally believe option one will happen, mainly because I don't think they'd start working on them as soon as they are announced. I believe they would be working on them before the Direct shows. I could be wrong, though.
Although yh option 2 makes sense..but to be honest...all of this since ballot opened toll waiting till August to see whats gonna happen with the update and then finally ofc waiting for thr bigOctober..
This is all long waiting really long...and then to possibly find out that the characters are coming in 2016 E3? Or like April/May again?
Ow no..man...that is like how long it was waiting for the game to come out....

Thats too much waiting RealTalk...

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
I see us getting one ballot character announced in August. That's it.
really hope k.rool is at the top then. since i miss wolf as much as anyone but if we only got one character i'd rather have a newcomer that's had a long time coming such as K.Rool rather than a vet.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Imagine how big a buzzkill it would be..."It's October! Six months of ballot voting has come to a close, and here's your winner at long last. Wait, what's that? You were expecting to play as him? Hahahaha, no, wait six more months."

Forecasting we'll get something shown to us in October, chosen before the ballot's end, then maybe someone else getting their development started around that time.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
I can't help but believe we'll see something before OCTOBER smash-related. A character reveal at least. Unless Sakurai plans on dropping another triplet bomb on us in october.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I can't help but believe we'll see something before OCTOBER smash-related. A character reveal at least. Unless Sakurai plans on dropping another triplet bomb on us in october.
I kinda have a feeling August well see something (beyond Tournament mode). We've been getting waves of DLC every other month and August would be the next.

But keeping my expectations low just in case.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Although yh option 2 makes sense..but to be honest...all of this since ballot opened toll waiting till August to see whats gonna happen with the update and then finally ofc waiting for thr bigOctober..
This is all long waiting really long...and then to possibly find out that the characters are coming in 2016 E3? Or like April/May again?
Ow no..man...that is like how long it was waiting for the game to come out....

Thats too much waiting RealTalk...
I can see your point. But then again, you never know what will happen. Maybe they would release it sooner than E3 2016.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Honestly, I think that characters take way less time to develop than Sakurai made it seem. Ryu, Roy, and Lucas were all able to be developed in only a few months time span.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Honestly, I think that characters take way less time to develop than Sakurai made it seem. Ryu, Roy, and Lucas were all able to be developed in only a few months time span.
I disagree. I think that Ryu was started when the game finished along with Mewtwo, they just hid it from us. That's at least 6 months. Roy and Lucas make sense due to being veterans.

That said, once Roy, Ryu, and Lucas finished, they probably IMMEDIATELY started on more characters, if not even before that. I don't think there will be any ballot characters late; they probably decided all of them by E3 and the rest of the ballot time is for getting knowledge on what to do later.

oinkers12

Smash Apprentice
I agree that Ryu seems to have been in the works for a VERY long time. Ryu is more complicated than the other characters and seems like he would have been in the base game but Mega Man was probably given more priority as the Capcom representative.

If we don't get new content by October that, to me, seems like misleading the fans. I don't really see (other than Tourney mode) what exactly would be preventing them from working on new character(s) DURING the ballot and then working on another one for early to mid-2016, probably the last of the DLC for the game entirely.

On King K. Rool, I have a feeling that if he's not in this game he will be in the next. I would REALLY love to have King K. Rool in Smash in a couple months but Sakurai may lean towards Dixie as the DK rep because he can easily take Diddy's existing model and make new animations. Dixie is a great character and definitely deserves her place, but King K. Rool I feel like should take priority. King K. Rool has a trophy but it's not nearly detailed enough to simply do anything without making some texture alterations. That being said, I'm still confident in his inclusion. If all else fails, there's always Smash 5 which will probably get over 10 newcomers (as every other Smash game has) and it would be asinine to NOT include one of the most popular Nintendo characters.

Best case scenario: We get something Donkey Kong related (hopefully K. Rool) in August or October in the Direct
Worse case scenario: Wait until Smash 5
Worst case scenario: Never have him at all

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Yh but they were being worked on post ballot so you dont know how long they actually have been working on them.
I think they all started development shortly after the game got released.

@ oinkers12 oinkers12 the next smash wont be for another 6 years atleast...i dont think i will be around for the next haul A.K.A not really give a damn who gets in. Everyone for Smash5 will be new blood Except Ridley so no one at all will intrest me only Ridley and K.Rool intrest me atm so Smash5 is nothing to me...as far as new characters.
Probly Sylux actually if he blows up.
He will most probly be my #1 for Smash5 if K.Rool dont get in this game...and Sakurai cant make Ridley work
They really truly are going all out in this smash..i wanna play as K.Rool now in this game not 6+Years later....

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
About the Ballot Apparently you can only vote once and if you vote again it overwrites your first vote.
Saw a video about it on GameXplain although not sure if its true...but it makes sense..

oinkers12

Smash Apprentice
Yh but they were being worked on post ballot so you dont know how long they actually have been working on them.
I think they all started development shortly after the game got released.

@ oinkers12 oinkers12 the next smash wont be for another 6 years atleast...i dont think i will be around for the next haul A.K.A not really give a damn who gets in. Everyone for Smash5 will be new blood Except Ridley so no one at all will intrest me only Ridley and K.Rool intrest me atm so Smash5 is nothing to me...as far as new characters.
Probly Sylux actually if he blows up.
He will most probly be my #1 for Smash5 if K.Rool dont get in this game...and Sakurai cant make Ridley work
They really truly are going all out in this smash..i wanna play as K.Rool now in this game not 6+Years later....
I agree. I don't want to have to wait 6 years either. I was just saying that there's still that option. It sucks but it's a possibility. I'm pretty sure a lot of people here (including me) would love to play as K. Rool or at least have him announced in August or October. I have a good feeling about his Smash existence either way.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Wish Nintendo had better specified rules for te voting. Many people are taking it like going shopping for votes "I'll take 5 votes for K. Rool, 3 votes for Wolf and 1 for Shrek for the lulz". If only the last vote counts, then that would make it just one vote for Shrek, and that is not kool.

I should probably make sure I vote again at least one more time for K. Rool. I voted 2 times for K. Rool and 1 for Krystal in different devices, but the same IP of my home. Thats another question. If they measured votes by IP. How would it proceed when more than 2 people in the same house wanted to vote?.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
That's just what they think, its never been confirmed.
I know that.
But how he said it was like its a fact...
I dont know...i kinda believe it tbh.
I voted for a few chars and i bet most people did.
I bet most people voted for there most wanted 1st vote then other not so wanted 2nd/3rd/4th.
But by going by this they only voted once...and it was for their least most wanted character...

Say I voted for K.Rool first then Ridley then Banjo but i may have just voted once for Banjo...
So i just went and voted again for K.Rool and im not gonna vote again.
Just in case its not proven true nor false so...best to be safe.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
Wish Nintendo had better specified rules for te voting. Many people are taking it like going shopping for votes "I'll take 5 votes for K. Rool, 3 votes for Wolf and 1 for Shrek for the lulz". If only the last vote counts, then that would make it just one vote for Shrek, and that is not kool.

I should probably make sure I vote again at least one more time for K. Rool. I voted 2 times for K. Rool and 1 for Krystal in different devices, but the same IP of my home. Thats another question. If they measured votes by IP. How would it proceed when more than 2 people in the same house wanted to vote?.
Well we only have 3 more months of the lousily explained Fighter ballot, so at least once It's over there won't be anything to be confused about anymore.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I know that.
But how he said it was like its a fact...
I dont know...i kinda believe it tbh.
I voted for a few chars and i bet most people did.
I bet most people voted for there most wanted 1st vote then other not so wanted 2nd/3rd/4th.
But by going by this they only voted once...and it was for their least most wanted character...

Say I voted for K.Rool first then Ridley then Banjo but i may have just voted once for Banjo...
So i just went and voted again for K.Rool and im not gonna vote again.
Just in case its not proven true nor false so...best to be safe.
A lot of people thought it was fact for some time. We have no evidence that voting a second time overwrites your vote. Plus, that's why people vote with different IP's; they can't possibly track you if you use an entirely different IP.

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
if anyone knows who the future smash DLC fighter is, please don't spoil it. I want it to be a surprised just like mewtwo

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
if anyone knows who the future smash DLC fighter is, please don't spoil it. I want it to be a surprised just like mewtwo
What if the suprise ends up being another marth clone & Wii Remote Safety guy? OH! And after they are revealed they surprise you with a sneak peak of Shrek and Donkey as Ice climbers clones? :denzel: How great will you feel?

Last edited:

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
What if the suprise ends up being another marth clone & Wii Remote Safety guy? OH! And after they are revealed they surprise you with a sneak peak of Shrek and Donkey as Ice climbers clones? :denzel: How great will you feel?
then life would be a joke

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
A lot of people thought it was fact for some time. We have no evidence that voting a second time overwrites your vote. Plus, that's why people vote with different IP's; they can't possibly track you if you use an entirely different IP.
Which a lot of Kutthroats admitted to doing (myself included).

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I actually tested the Ballot to see how many times you can vote from a single IP.

It blocked me after 7-8 votes, so 4-5 is probably a safe limit. I think this means they obviously do take note of IP addresses, but likely also allow you to vote more than once.

:231:

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I had a thought; if King K. Rool does indeed get confirmed, do you guys think Sakurai will include his tail? His trophy has no tail, so maybe his character design could include his tail this time around if he became playable?

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I had a thought; if King K. Rool does indeed get confirmed, do you guys think Sakurai will include his tail? His trophy has no tail, so maybe his character design could include his tail this time around if he became playable?
I imagine it'll be pretty starkly different from the trophy model.

The tail is only ever particularly pronounced in DK64 and in DKC1-3 it's very easy to miss so I could see it going either way.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Doesn't really matter, as you never really see it even when he did have it.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Hey guys which of these do you think is gonna happen because everyone seems divided.

1 in October the ballot closes and we will get 1 or 2 chars and possibly another char announced but will be released in 2016.

2. In October the ballot closes and the top ranking chars chosen are announced and development will be begin on them A.S.A.P and will be ready sometime in 2016.

3. Other (please elaborate,

I gave up on that game i felt like snapping it in half you might do also when you get up to a certain someone.
Its ridiculous how cheesy it is...the wii controls in a certain part.
2 characters left, both ballot. One announced August, released October. One announced October, released December.

As for DK, the 3DS version has non motion controls so I may not even have that problem.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I'm not expecting anything in August other than Hyrule Castle and Peach's Castle. I guess I could kind of see Wolf coming back, but for some reason I doubt we'll get another character after they just bombed us with three two months ago.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
I disagree. I think that Ryu was started when the game finished along with Mewtwo, they just hid it from us. That's at least 6 months. Roy and Lucas make sense due to being veterans.

That said, once Roy, Ryu, and Lucas finished, they probably IMMEDIATELY started on more characters, if not even before that. I don't think there will be any ballot characters late; they probably decided all of them by E3 and the rest of the ballot time is for getting knowledge on what to do later.
The way I see it is that the 2 mario's we have left in the code are likely for an august release, as the marios are characters that are playable and nearly complete

Wish Nintendo had better specified rules for te voting. Thats another question. If they measured votes by IP. How would it proceed when more than 2 people in the same house wanted to vote?.
Agree, would've been great to get some more clarity on the ballot but I guess Nintendo wants to keep us guessing. and maintain the hype.

I don't buy into the "replacement vote" thing, but I agree with the limit though. What if 2 people in a 5 person household both play Smash and want the same character, yet one persons vote is cancelled out, pretty crummy imo.

How many more characters will fit neatly into the CSS without disrupting the layout? it would seem really weird having another page on the Wii U version and then only having 1-2 characters with a lot of space available.

Maybe if we're getting more than 2 characters they'll shrink the layout but keep all the squares properly aligned, if that makes sense?

StormC

Smash Hero
Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
>Takamaru is questionable due to AT status
>Waluigi apparently doesn't have this problem

Er... alright.

What's the deal with Chibi-Robo? Why would he be one of the characters picked instead of someone way more obviously popular, like Isaac or Inkling? Is Nintendo just banking on the new game and Amiibo making people interested?
Its obviously BS. People are banking on the new game being developed with the purpose of the character getting into Smash. The problem is, that's completely contradictory to what the very developers of the game have stated; they're trying to get Chibi Robo to appeal to a wider audience, otherwise the series will likely die off. There's very little demand for Chibi Robo or Waluigi.

No, please don't buy their BS. We don't need fake leaks to know that K. Rool is a popular ballot character, we can tell that just by looking at the reactions to K. Rool online on nearly every single poll.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Nope its from gamefaq

From there is balony

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Th4pdsrzs-6X303PPpw5m-b4JHJ0_cGRKU15KYlTe1E/htmlview#

This from a thread recently made is better proof for the king to get in.

Hes number 1 in newcomers.....AGAIN!!!!

The only road blocks is snake and wolf and fools voting for ice climbers who refuse to accept they are banned from getting in smash 4 due to 3ds limitations (unless repaired though)

(Note its not 100% accurate.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom