• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

King_K_Rules

Smash Journeyman
Take it with a grain of salt. Please keep voting, tweeting and supporting K. Rool until he is confirmed.

StormC

Smash Hero
The thread is exploding. I don't know what to think.

...it's disappointing enough (outside of K. Rool) that I could believe it.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I don't buy it.

No images / video footage kills it for me.

We know K. Rool is doing well.

We don't need to be reminded with fake leaks.

EDIT: That said, we can't pull the brakes at this stage of the race. We need to keep up our efforts until the very end.

When and only when K. Rool's trailer is shown can we breathe a collective sigh of relief and pat ourselves on the back.

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I got a whole lot a grains of salt I'm taking this with. I don't need this to make me realize that the King's chances are good. If it's true, great, K. Rool here we come. If it's not, this doesn't hurt the King's chances at all.
If its true that list is decent i cant really complain...although Waluigi and Paper Mario?
Too many mario chars...even though paper mario is hype...but we already got Doc too...i know they are extremely different...and Waluigi? Hmm...as long as K.Rool is there its all good.
It could hav been alot worse tbh...if this is true its pretty good.
Dont care for chibi robo at all though.
But what no Wolf!?@?
If it was wolf instead of Chibi then oww man what a list!

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Remember the ESRB leak that people believed it based solely on the fact that "Duck Hunt as a character is so stupid it's actually believable", even if Duck Hunt was the character that we didn't know we wanted. I've seen Waluigi and Takumaru around, and you get some people clamoring for Chibi-Robo's return but...really? Chibi-Robo?

At least K. Rool is on there.

You want Isaac? TOO BAD, WALUIGI TIME!!!

Yeah I'm not buying a text leak, but people are well aware that you can't have a DLC list without the King, and this pleases me.

D

Deleted member

>Takamaru is questionable due to AT status
>Waluigi apparently doesn't have this problem

Er... alright.

What's the deal with Chibi-Robo? Why would he be one of the characters picked instead of someone way more obviously popular, like Isaac? Is Nintendo just banking on the new game and Amiibo making people interested?
Adding Chibi Robo as a ballot character kind of defeats the purpose of the ballot. He'd be pre-ballot if anything but the thing is, we're likely done with them. Unless this leak is true (which I doubt), I can only think of eight, maybe nine characters that have a shot as ballot characters.
Remember the ESRB leak that people believed it based solely on the fact that "Duck Hunt as a character is so stupid it's actually believable", even if Duck Hunt was the character that we didn't know we wanted. I've seen Waluigi and Takumaru around, and you get some people clamoring for Chibi-Robo's return but...really? Chibi-Robo?

At least K. Rool is on there.

You want Isaac? TOO BAD, WALUIGI TIME!!!

Yeah I'm not buying a text leak, but people are well aware that you can't have a DLC list without the King, and this pleases me.
I hate to say it, but a leak without King K. Rool would be more likely to be true than one with him. Bad news in regards to leaks are more common than good news. That's actually one of the reasons why I dread leaks because massive disappointments will ensue as a result and outside of Wolf, King K. Rool's exclusion is the only one that can do that.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
It's just like that NeoGAF leak that had Impa, Ridley, Dixie and Chorus Kids then, reliable but not reliable
Yep, Spainkiller's leak stated Mewtwo, Ridley, Dixie and Chorus Kids would be unlocked if you bought both versions of Smash. Well, at least Mewtwo's here and even went on to have a bonus where he's free if you have both versions and was sold as regular DLC after.

The Tower of Smash leak threw in Impa and said Ridley would "grow" his wings, which was from 4chan I believe?

I hate to say it, but a leak without King K. Rool would be more likely to be true than one with him. Bad news in regards to leaks are more common than good news. That's actually one of the reasons why I dread leaks because massive disappointments will ensue as a result and outside of Wolf, King K. Rool's exclusion is the only one that can do that.
I know what you mean. But I think that links are irrelevant to Krool's chances. He still has a fanbase as massive as his girth to throw around. I'm optimistic, but not 100% confident, which is why we need to keep voting and campaigning.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Also even if it's fake at least it's something to discuss until we wait for August. :drohmy:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Somehow, I'd knew you all would give that troll for fish to entertain. Even if he's "legit", my BS detector remains the same.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
one of the only things that is at least impressing me about this leak is the fact that he is keeping in touch quite often, never see that happen with leakers.

(Paper Mario? Really? If this was real, did we need 3 Mario's?)

StormC

Smash Hero
I mean, even if it's true, it's ultimately not that revealing.

"Nintendo has 15-20 characters they've all picked as possible DLC candidates, including K. Rool, Chibi-Robo, and Paper Mario."

At best, we've learned that Nintendo has a more direct role in DLC picks than previous character picks.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
You'd think, considering they need DLC to sell.

Not that Smash DLC can't sell on its own merit of being DLC for Smash.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I was able to acquire the guy's Smashboards username and, at the very least, he's not BSing about being from the UK (you sometimes get people who pretend to live in Europe or Japan, but are just trolls from Kentucky when you check their IPs).

Another thing, he was given the name "Agent 3" for Inkling instead of the fanmade "Inkling," which is sort of in line with hard-to-guess stuff like "Mii Fighter" or "Duck Hunt."

I don't buy this yet, but he's at least done his homework. Bottom line is, keep voting K. Rool until he shows up; there's no downside, and in the unlikely case this is legitimate, the guy said "Volume of votes plays the most major role in characters getting chosen, because they want to make their extra work worth it by appealing to the most fans."

StormC

Smash Hero
Would Inkling really be called Agent 3 in Smash, though? Like, names like Mr. Game And Watch, Duck Hunt, and Villager are all super on-the-nose about the context behind the name. Agent 3 would make no sense to someone who hasn't played Splatoon.

Last edited:

TallT

Smash Apprentice
Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
He claims he was involved in the ESRB leak? That alone screams fake to me. It's nearly impossible for the same person to get inside info like that, not to mention that the original ESRB leaker probably wasn't a Nintendo employee.

:231:

StormC

Smash Hero
From what I've skimmed of the thread several people have validated he was indeed involved in the ESRB leak. So... there's that.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I really hope this leak is fake; I personally do not want to see Waluigi, Paper Mario, or Chibi-Robo get in (excluding King K Rool, of course, with him deserving to get into the game). Either way, other characters deserve it more then those other 3 do.

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Paper Mario and Chibi Robo are pretty deserving of getting in Smash, not more than K. Rool and Isaac but still pretty deserving.
Regardless, I just don't think I can see them getting in. I agree that Issac deserves to get in (along with King K. Rool), but I still don't want to see Paper Mario or Chibi-Robo get in (the one exception is if a bunch of characters are presumed to being made, which I doubt since Sakurai had said he can't keep the development team with him forever).

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I really hope this leak is fake; I personally do not want to see Waluigi, Paper Mario, or Chibi-Robo get in (excluding King K Rool, of course, with him deserving to get into the game). Either way, other characters deserve it more then those other 3 do.
It's just a shortlist sample, nothing definitive. For all we know Isaac, Bandana Dee, and more are waiting on the wings.

Assuming this is even real. :drsad:

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
He claims he was involved in the ESRB leak? That alone screams fake to me. It's nearly impossible for the same person to get inside info like that, not to mention that the original ESRB leaker probably wasn't a Nintendo employee.

:231:
Just to clarify, Neo Zero claims the source had legitimate involvement in the ESRB leak. Not that I believe this current one (until I'm presented strong evidence otherwise), but it's something to keep note of. The only reason the NintenZone Social Thread didn't outright dismiss these claims was because of Zero's word. Again, there is still Spainkiller incident to keep in mind, so we shouldn't throw caution to the wind when it comes to supposedly reputable sources, since they've been proven wrong before. The leak could be dead by tomorrow. And again, nothing is definite, since it's only a short list of potential candidates, which may or may not tell us much besides K. Rool is a contender.

Real or fake, at least we have something to talk about relevant ('leak'-wise) to K. Rool, as opposed to the speculation time period last year where we were generally left out of these type of discussions (since no major noteworthy leaks, or 'leaks', ever mentioned us). If the leak is fake, then good, throw it to the trash along with the others. Same old, same old. But if it carries any sort of truth, then we can actively participate in furthering our cause without any sort of stifling, since Gematsu proved that as long as the ball gets rolling, it is rather difficult to discuss any other characters besides ones mentioned in these supposed disclosures of information. "So, what do you think of K. Rool's chances?" "Maybe next game, but when do you think we will get that Chorus Kids' trailer?" "Before or after Chrom's?"

Either way, we should just do what we always do. As said before, we just have to keep up with the great mission we set out to accomplish. As long as we keep voting if we haven't already, or get others to vote if they haven't already, we should be in an admirable position not so easily enjoyed by other characters. With realistic expectations set, let us remain hopeful.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I don't think any of us intend to rest on our laurels until we see that K. Rool splash screen ourselves. We've come too far.

Megaboyzzz

Smash Rookie
Not sure about you guys but if Neo Zero says the source is the legit.Than i believe it.Besides it not even a real leak.It just says that Nintendo is considering K rool not that he confirmed.Dont see the big deal.Just keep #KrocTheVote and he'll be in

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Not sure about you guys but if Neo Zero says the source is the legit.Than i believe it.Besides it not even a real leak.It just says that Nintendo is considering K rool not that he confirmed.Dont see the big deal.Just keep #KrocTheVote and he'll be in
The punctuation in that sentence is so wrong. If your gonna punctuate, do it well.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
It's a very safe leak, which is interesting. Doesn't matter to me either way; it's nice to see a leak I won't be disappointed to see come true for once.

D

Deleted member

ive always supported K.rool but i felt i shouldn't show myself till i beat dk64 sorry if im late.

Top Bottom