• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Not sure about you guys but if Neo Zero says the source is the legit.Than i believe it.Besides it not even a real leak.It just says that Nintendo is considering K rool not that he confirmed.Dont see the big deal.Just keep #KrocTheVote and he'll be in
Just wondering; who is Neo Zero, and why is his saying this is legit credible?

Anyway, I won't believe this "leak" just yet, though based on what I have heard about this guy, I am rather being more cautious about this than fully not believing it.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Just wondering; who is Neo Zero, and why is his saying this is legit credible?
Neo Zero is an admin who had inside information on the original ESRB leak.

Ostensibly he has spoken to the current leaker and confirmed that he is indeed the same guy as the leaker of the ESRB's content.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Ostensibly he has spoken to the current leaker and confirmed that he is indeed the same guy as the leaker of the ESRB's content.
Interesting. I believe this a bit more, but I am still cautious about this.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
There is definitely reason to watch this.

Good news for the King.

D

Deleted member

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
There is definitely reason to watch this.

Good news for the King.
I wish we knew more of the short-listed characters. If there are supposedly 15-20 of them and we now know almost a handful, I'm curious as to who the others are. With Waluigi, K. Rool, Paper Mario, Chibi Robo and maybe Takamaru? No 3rd parties in there..that we know of anyway. Makes me wonder if 3rd parties are going to be given the short end of the stick due to needing more work put into them OR if they would just be kept more secret than the rest.

Last edited:

TheLethalPacifist

Smash Cadet
Hello Kutthroats, this is my first ever post on Smashboards but I have frequented this page ever since the ballot was announced but I've finally decided to make my support public.
Donkey Kong Country 1 and 2 were my childhood games and I loved the tv show just because of K. Rool. I mean he was just insane in everything he was in and is still one of my favorite bosses in any game both from his design and just the fights themselves. Needless to say I have voted for the one true king numerous times and have tried to convince multiple friends to do the same.
Guess what I'm trying to say is, can I come aboard?

StormC

Smash Hero
If you look carefully you can see it pretty good even though there's no color.
Ah okay. Makes me wonder why they bothered lol.

The fact that K. Rool was one of the precious few names dropped means he must be a serious consideration, especially if votes hold the most weight of anything.

D

Deleted member

Hello Kutthroats, this is my first ever post on Smashboards but I have frequented this page ever since the ballot was announced but I've finally decided to make my support public.
Donkey Kong Country 1 and 2 were my childhood games and I loved the tv show just because of K. Rool. I mean he was just insane in everything he was in and is still one of my favorite bosses in any game both from his design and just the fights themselves. Needless to say I have voted for the one true king numerous times and have tried to convince multiple friends to do the same.
Guess what I'm trying to say is, can I come aboard?

Last edited by a moderator:

StormC

Smash Hero
I can believe it because outside of K. Rool it could be fairly underwhelming for fans.

Inkling and Wolf are low priority.
No mention of Isaac, Snake, or any other third parties.
Chibi-Robo being pushed for promotional reasons and less the ballot.
Waluigi and Paper Mario are both fairly controversial characters - but ones that would sell really well.

It's not over until it's over, but I have my eye on the prize.

Even so, continue kampaigning until the Ballot is over. Let's not get cocky over a text leak.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I can believe it because outside of K. Rool it could be fairly underwhelming for fans.

Waluigi and Paper Mario are both fairly controversial characters - but ones that would sell really well.

Even so, continue kampaigning until the Ballot is over. Let's not get cocky over a text leak.
The leaker has confirmed that these are just a handful of choices from the shortlist, and that there are about twenty others not mentioned.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I'm sorry, but I still have trouble believing a leak that...

A.) comes from GameFaqs
B.) Has Waluigi of all people as one of the top-considered choices. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see Waluigi playable, but no way it's happening in this game.

Plus, if this guy works for ESBR, how would he know anything about Nintendo's DLC candidates? What doe the ESBR have to do with that at all?

I'm sorry, but I still have trouble believing a leak that...

A.) comes from GameFaqs
B.) Has Waluigi of all people as one of the top-considered choices. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see Waluigi playable, but no way it's happening in this game.

Plus, if this guy works for ESBR, how would he know anything about Nintendo's DLC candidates? What doe the ESBR have to do with that at all?
Pretty sure ChaosZero (a real brawl leak) came from gamefaqs. Heck the larger part of the ESRB leak came form 4CHAN

and he didnt work at ESRB. he was a part of the people that knew about the ESRB leak and helped with it.

TheLethalPacifist

Smash Cadet
I'm personally not believing any leak unless it comes with gameplay. Anybody can make a name and say they work for whoever but unless you have actual physical proof that what you're telling us is true, I'm gonna think you're a dirty liar who is just trying to stir people up. Only two leaks I ever held with a grain of salt were the leaks for Shulk, Doc, and Jr; and the other was the Rayman by Omni.

StormC

Smash Hero
The leaker has confirmed that these are just a handful of choices from the shortlist, and that there are about twenty others not mentioned.
Correct, but the fact that we only know half a dozen names or so makes me think these are highest priority. The leaker later mentioned Wolf and Inkling but said they have a "low chance" or something to that effect.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Correct, but the fact that we only know half a dozen names or so makes me think these are highest priority. The leaker later mentioned Wolf and Inkling but said they have a "low chance" or something to that effect.
"But Waluigi, lemme tell ya! That guy's a shoo-in!" :troll:

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Oh? I missed that.

Neo and a few others are comparing the dude's testimony to what they know for a fact, and he's mentioned "red flags", so it could turn out to be bogus as we initially suspected.

In the meantime, K. Rool.

Roy makes me think there's hope for a King K. Omposite design in Smash. Girth and charm of Paon Rool, menace and muscle (and tail and belly) of Rare Rool. Best of both worlds, ne~?

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
This leak became from 20% real to 49% real in my book.

Though i'm still skeptical.

Mainly because when motherf***ing leaker said something about DLC, he lied so it would mess people up who were adding their own things to the leak.

this feels like the same princible.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

I can somewhat buy Isaac not being on a shortlist if they underestimated his popularity, though I don't understand Chibi Robo being above Isaac. Chibi Robo isn't even close to Isaac at all in any polls, the only thing going for him is a new game which the dev's specifically stated was so they could try and draw more attention to the series. Then again, ballot results could easily change that and push Isaac up.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Speaking of leaks, there seem to have been far less leaks about DLC than there were leaks about characters before the game came out. I wonder why that is?

Also, this guy doesn't work for ESRB, but was involved with the leak about it? Does ESRB even have to do anything with DLC? And how would this guy get this info aside from possibly a big source ESRB if he is not even working there?

StormC

Smash Hero
Speaking of leaks, there seem to have been far less leaks about DLC than there were leaks about characters before the game came out. I wonder why that is?
Less staff and urgency to leak when characters come one at a time instead of all at once.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Also, this guy doesn't work for ESRB, but was involved with the leak about it? Does ESRB even have to do anything with DLC? And how would this guy get this info aside from possibly a big source ESRB if he is not even working there?
He was involved in the ESRB leak. Which makes him LESS credible, because the odds of him getting such info a second time is slim-to-none. If he works for any of the companies involved, he was fired last year. If he leaked info that was shared with him, why would someone else share info with him as well?

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Most likely because people are a lot harder to fool after people like Omni started coming out of the woodwork.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm personally not believing any leak unless it comes with gameplay. Anybody can make a name and say they work for whoever but unless you have actual physical proof that what you're telling us is true, I'm gonna think you're a dirty liar who is just trying to stir people up. Only two leaks I ever held with a grain of salt were the leaks for Shulk, Doc, and Jr; and the other was the Rayman by Omni.
This is the guy who did the Shulk, Jr, Doc leak.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
He was involved in the ESRB leak. Which makes him LESS credible, because the odds of him getting such info a second time is slim-to-none. If he works for any of the companies involved, he was fired last year. If he leaked info that was shared with him, why would someone else share info with him as well?
I know, right? Those are some of the reasons why I found this "leak" suspicious. Just because the leaker was involved in the ESRB leak doesn't make it so we should believe him with this leak, which is why I don't believe in this leak more now. Plus, saying he wants his source to remain anonymous doesn't help much.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Heh. this kind of reminds me the infamous Gemetsu leak, now that I think about it.

"Well, he was right the first time, so OBVIOUSLY he knows everything else, too, and he CERTAINLY wouldn't abuse his credibility to fake people out!"

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
This goes for any leak though. Why would he risk his source getting fired and sued?
Yeah, except that can not be the case half the time. Some people may just say that to excuse themselves from posting a "source" to a "leak" they made up.

Top Bottom