• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
(Man Mario Kart 8's roster was such a let down).
I could have lived with the roster if it weren't for the various fundamental problems with the game mechanics and menu features that it shipped with (subsequent patches have fixed most of these, but that's still no excuse). For me, the roster was merely salt in the wound, as it simply carried on a bad trend from Mario Kart 7. :laugh:

It's no more of an issue than the Duck Hunt Dog platform in the Duck Hunt stage.
I was only joking! I know it's not actually an issue, I just find the idea hilarious. :b:

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Sorry, I don't keep up with Pokemon as much anymore as I still do with Mario, DK, and Zelda.
Well, if you need any info on Pokemon, I'm a huge fan of Pokemon so yeah. Its easier to keep up with Mario, Zelda, and DK because they don't have 721 characters (that's just Pokemon, there's tons of NPCs that are pretty important). Zelda could be close to that though.

StormC

Smash Hero
As a huge Pokemon fan, I gave up on memorizing all the Pokemon names by gen 5.

If you could only have one DK Assist Trophy, what it would it be? Something like Rambi is obvious, but I'd worry that he'd just basically be the same thing as Gogoat. Personally, I'd like to see an older character get put in 3D, like KAOS or Kleever.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA

If you could only have one DK Assist Trophy, what it would it be? Something like Rambi is obvious, but I'd worry that he'd just basically be the same thing as Gogoat. Personally, I'd like to see an older character get put in 3D, like KAOS or Kleever.
I know all of them lol.

DK AT. Maybe Squawks the Parrot.

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman

DK64 Kasplat or Klump.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero

Same here you know i think for me it was after gen4...just got too much...
I dont want a gen7...i think... :)

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118

I'd have Cranky yelling at the player about how he could have won the battle without taking any percentage or something similar, like Mr Resetti.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion

I only know the ones from gen 1, yeah, that's how long it's been for me lol. I only know some of the newer ones through smash bros. and later nintendo power magazines such as Lugia.

I was thinking maybe Klubba or Kudgel, just have him go around and whack everyone with his club.

I could listen to Gangplank Galleon all day, every day.
Same here in all kinds of versions (mainly it's original and heavy metal covers)

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
I HATE it when people say king k rool is to big. He is not rildey! he is humanoid just like bowser. Throughout every single game he's been different sizes. He even grew into a giant crocodile. Please don't think k rool is to big because he's not...

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
If you could only have one DK Assist Trophy, what it would it be?
Klubba! The only DKC NPC with the option provided to "Fight him!".

He'd do just what he did in Donkey Kong Country 2 if you picked that option - a big club swing with quite some range due to his massive size and reach, and it would have quite some launching power.

Granted, you wouldn't be able to beat him in Smash any more than you could in DKC2, but you'd at least get the chance to try to avoid him, this time. :laugh:

EDIT: @ BowserK.Rool BowserK.Rool - Great minds think alike!

Didn't think of this. Having Cranky complain about everyone would be great!
I can virtually hear this, now, and I agree, it would be fantastic.

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I HATE it when people say king k rool is to big. He is not rildey! he is humanoid just like bowser. Throughout every single game he's been different sizes. He even grew into a giant crocodile. Please don't think k rool is to big because he's not...
You'd think people would forget about that after Bowser got in for Melee.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
You do know this argument works for Ridley as well. Plus K. Rool and Bowser aren't humanoid, somone like Greninja is.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
You know, rildey to isn't too big, and I hate when people say that either of them are too big, or just when people hate a popular character because their popular and try to insult them with stupid insult (Ridley is too big, K.Rool is too fat and ugly) Why can't people just support their character without annoying the character they don't want?

StormC

Smash Hero
I don't think Sakurai is overly concerned with character sizes compared to each other as long as it's plausible.

Pit is slightly taller than Palutena in 4 but has bent knees so he's lower. DK and K. Rool would be the same.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
supposely there are some people that have forgotten. Every K rool hater says that now and it irritates me
Not as annoying as the "he's too ugly" insults, what are they talking about I mean just look at him, I want to give him a nice big hug! xD

Bananija

Count of Trickery
In that case, K. Rool is no different, he's gotta be fit if he wants to squash those monkeys, especially a big gorilla like DK or Chunky.
I never said that K.Rool hasn't a perfect body. Those green scales and this big blood-shooted eye are just magnificient.:troll:

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Its all subjective. Some people think Wario is ugly. I only see a beautiful man. I mean look at Wario. Strong stache game. That cancerous nose. He's wonderful. Same with King K. Rool.
Let's not forget they made Wario into a plushie as well. K. Rool is just waiting for his now.

StormC

Smash Hero
I mean, in all fairness, King Boo would be really cool. He's the next Mario villain in line for sure.

D

Deleted member

Listen to this while reading:

I think it's time to talk about how long i have been lurking....
It all started around half of 2013,i saw many character threads,Takamaru,Ridley,Palutena,Waluigi,Dixie Kong...etc.
But one had my attention,the K.Rool thread,i remember almost all the topics of coversation that this thread had.Diddy's Reveal, the Kremlings in Smash Run, all good stuff.

But i also remember all those moments that we felt like there was no hope,moments that i felt i just wanted to give up, like the ESRB Leak for example.

During my journey of lurking in the character threads i've seen many characters succeed(Little Mac,Palutena and Mega Man) while others failed and were doomed to NPC limbo (Takamaru,Chrom,Waluigi).......
I also saw many different users who inspired me to join Speculation (or what's remaining of it) FalKoopa, Chronobound, Young Horsetail(now known as Valkyrie), Swampasaur, Bkupa666 and so on.

But what i want to happen to Isaac and K.Rool is that they make it as the ballot choices...and the reason is because i want them to have a future (ESPECIALLY for Isaac and Golden Sun), and have their legacy recognized and respected by people around the world.(wich is why im not gonna be that dissapointed if the Inklings, Dixie and Bandanna Dee don't make it,since at least i think they have a bright future.)

I know that my Dream newcomer Simon Belmont is nothing but that, an almost impossible Dream, and i don't want that to happen to K.Rool and Isaac.

I want to see people be happy, to see one of the greatest Nintendo Villains and a great RPG hero duke it out with the rest of Nintendo's cast...

When the Ballot ends i want to see Social Character forums for The Venus adept and the Krocodile King and whenever i enter SmashWiki's page i can visit Isaac and K.Rool's character pages and read...

"King K. Rool was one of the characters choosen to be DLC in SSB4 due to the Ballot, alongside Isaac."
......if that doesn't happen, i at least can say that we tried our best.

...and that was my (horrible) attempt to make an inspirational speech for any Kutthroats out there who have not voted for King K.Rool (and also for any GS fan out there who hasn't voted for Isaac yet too) hope you like it, since it was inspired by Chronobound's posts on the Roy Legacy support thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I mean look at Wario. Strong stache game. That cancerous nose. He's wonderful. Same with King K. Rool.
I remember a magazine once describing Wario as having "a drinker's nose and an arse for a chin". Thanks most kindly for inadvertently reminding me of it. :laugh:

Let's not forget they made Wario into a plushie as well. K. Rool is just waiting for his now.
K. Rool has had two to date (one based on the games, and another based on the TV series), but they were both Japan-only and are very tough to get hold of now.

If you want to see a modern one, our best shot is Jakks Pacific's World of Nintendo line. They've stated in interviews that the team heading it up takes customer feedback into account (and I dare say that this had a lot to do with their upcoming Star Fox plushes and action figures), so do contact them and express your interest if you seriously would buy modern K. Rool plushes and action figures.

Waluigi is a saint, not a villain.
We can't even get people to notice the long-established fact that Dedede is not a bad guy. We're NEVER going to manage it for Waluigi! :laugh:

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
We can't even get people to notice the long-established fact that Dedede is not a bad guy. We're NEVER going to manage it for Waluigi! :laugh:
Dedede is in kind of a weird gray area.

He's an iconic video game boss and the opponent Kirby fights the most, but around half a dozen of those are due to being possessed and/or a misunderstanding. In his very first appearance he's definitely villainous, and that repeats in Revenge Of The King. Since then? He's been pretty much as harmful as a puppy. It's interesting the direction the character has taken.

Being the most notable final boss in the series, I'd at least consider him the primary antagonist of Kirby, and at best (worst?) an antivillain. This groups him pretty well with guys like Bowser, Ganondorf, and (hopefully) K. Rool as recurring endgame bosses.

Top Bottom