• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Korporal K. Reep

Smash Apprentice
Also, is it just me, or would Lanky Kong be a freaking amazing 4th playable character in DKC: Tropical Freeze=??? Long extendable arms, flying via gas, handstand walking, arm extending attacks, and attacks while doing a handstand sound freaking golden. He'd be a great contrast to DK, Diddy, and Dixie IMO, and a heck of a lot better choice than Funky Kong.
Yeah I mean who else could handstand when he needs to and stretch his arms out just for you?

If K.Rool was playable I think it would be a k.rool only solo mode (due to the fact that he hates the Kongs and all); he could use his propeller pack to aid his jumps, shoot freeze mists out of dat blunderbuss to temporarily stun enemies, giving him an easier time to jump on enemies, and maybe use his boomerang crown/blunderbuss suction to grab items normally out of reach for him.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Holy Lord Harry, I absolutely adore that K. Roolenstein button.

I can't tell you how quickly I'd rush to pre-order a DKC game with a K. Rool exclusive mode, considering how massive a truckload of fanservice that would be. What makes me question the existence of such a mode would be that it would so clearly overshadow the regular game featuring Donkey Kong, a prospect Nintendo would definitely not like. This is also why I'm expecting the fourth character to be relatively dull, rather than anyone to really get pumped for.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077

That didn't really have anything to do with everything, but I thought it was funny.

Korporal K. Reep

Smash Apprentice
Holy Lord Harry, I absolutely adore that K. Roolenstein button.

I can't tell you how quickly I'd rush to pre-order a DKC game with a K. Rool exclusive mode, considering how massive a truckload of fanservice that would be. What makes me question the existence of such a mode would be that it would so clearly overshadow the regular game featuring Donkey Kong, a prospect Nintendo would definitely not like. This is also why I'm expecting the fourth character to be relatively dull, rather than anyone to really get pumped for.
Thanks I just made that yesterday since I couldn't find any K.Roolenstein buttons anywhere. Everyone feel free to use.

And you're right I didn't think about that for the K.rool solo mode.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Also, for those who haven't yet voted in K. Rool's Rate Their Chances day today, be sure to get out and let your voices be heard...remember, every vote counts!

Steelia

Smash Champion

Groose

Smash Champion
DKC3 is underrated. Sure, Kiddy was kinda boring to use (no offense to his fans), and there were some lackluster parts of the game, but man, the environment and setting was great, and some of the music from that game was really, really good. Using Dixie Kong in that game was nothing short of a blast, and I felt some of those levels were really, really good.

Also, is it just me, or would Lanky Kong be a freaking amazing 4th playable character in DKC: Tropical Freeze=??? Long extendable arms, flying via gas, handstand walking, arm extending attacks, and attacks while doing a handstand sound freaking golden. He'd be a great contrast to DK, Diddy, and Dixie IMO, and a heck of a lot better choice than Funky Kong.
He has no style, he has no grace. But I still love him anyway---he's my fifth-favorite Kong.

Korporal K. Reep

Smash Apprentice
This doesn't have to do with anything either, but I found it funny:

Also, I haven't noticed this until now, (which is weird since I played this version the most) but the intro/title screen for the gba remake of DKC3 shows how DK and Diddy were kidnapped by K. Rool - which is cool, since DKC2 gba showed how DK got kidnapped, so should DKC3 gba.

[In this intro, you see through the eyes of DK/Diddy; it's their point of view.] You can see that the two Kongs were underwater scuba-diving (the manual states that they were exploring the island together) while Baron K. Roolenstein tried to capture DK/Diddy by using his super-secret submarine, the Knautilus, to "eat/swallow" them from behind, but missed twice. The unknowing Kongs thought nothing of it and continued to observe, but alas, the Baron's third attempt, this time charging directly at them from the front, succeeded, and they were swept up inside the Knautilus, ready to be used as living batteries for KAOS.

[collapse=video]
[/collapse]

Also I forgot about this - I find it interesting that apparently K. Rool is capable of performing some dark magic, as shown in DKC3 when he cast a spell sealing away the Banana Bird Queen that could only be broken by song. What a villain - K. Rool's a king, amusement park/oil industrialist, professional banana thief, pirate, mad scientist, boxer, toy factory owner, and some sort of wizard. :chuckle:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ dk64kingrool
Hagrid: "You're a wizard Harry Rool."
He has no style, he has no grace. But I still love him anyway---he's my fifth-favorite Kong.
Who are your four favorite kongs then=???
I highly doubt nintendo would ever go for something like DK64 again
I think they could. I think collect-a-thon platformers on big consoles as big titles are gonna make a comeback soon.Still, the collectibles should have more of a purpose than DK64, the bad mini-games in DK64 shouldn't exist or return (unless made great), and such a sequel would have to bring that "timeless" factor that Banjo-Kazooie had.

volbound1700

Smash Master
See, if they were trying their best to remove the Kremlings from existence, why would they lisence this product? I know it seems like Nintendo's trying to remove them, but by advocating things like Miiverse, they're only providing a way for fans to be vocal. Besides, by all accounts, Capcom felt the same about Mega Man until now.

I wouldn't mind Funky, but I really don't see any "hatred" from Miyamoto, for various reasons.

I agree. Capcom does not hate Megaman. Look at how they are promoting him for Smash 4. It is likely that the team hasn't thought of a way to create a Megaman game or impliment him in a new and fresh manner.

This is the reason we usually only get one Mario and one Zelda game with each console. They want to keep the quality of the products up so they try to think of creative ways to impliment these games. Sometimes, there is just a gap or perhaps other ideas take precedence over our favorite characters.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
N64 had Ocarina of Time, and Majora's Mask
GameCube had Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess
Wii had also Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
I agree. Capcom does not hate Megaman. Look at how they are promoting him for Smash 4. It is likely that the team hasn't thought of a way to create a Megaman game or impliment him in a new and fresh manner.

This is the reason we usually only get one Mario and one Zelda game with each console. They want to keep the quality of the products up so they try to think of creative ways to impliment these games. Sometimes, there is just a gap or perhaps other ideas take precedence over our favorite characters.
Only one Mario game for each console? Wanting to keep the quality up? Maybe in the late nineties/early 2000s, but they're been milking the Mario franchise for all it's worth for the past, what, five years? Maybe the Zelda franchise, but certainly not Mario.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If we would've got Diddy in Melee already, would you guys think we would've been the biggest fanbase instead of Ridley on the internet if K.Rool was also left out of Brawl (and say, we might've got Dixie, or nobody)?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
If we would've got Diddy in Melee already, would you guys think we would've been the biggest fanbase instead of Ridley on the internet if K.Rool was also left out of Brawl (and say, we might've got Dixie, or nobody)?
I'll play the hypothetical. K. Rool would have had several years to build up a solid fanbase, rather than just a couple of months after Diddy's reveal. What's more, there would probably be more confidence in DK series getting new characters, since "there's a pattern of the series getting one newcomer per game," and, without any of this current relevance/Dixie bulls***, he doesn't suffer from too many detractors. However, if he doesn't make it in, swarms of them come out of the woodwork, using stupid "owned by Rare" and "missed his chance" reasoning until DKCR happens, upon which they switch to the aforementioned relevance bulls***. As a result, I'd guess the outcome would be a larger fanbase than the one he has now, but a more polarized one. I'd wager it would be roughly the size of Ridley's (in the West; we'd be even more clearly larger overall), though the dragon's still might have the upper hand due to people playing the "reps" card in regard to Metroid "deserving one" more.

If Dixie got into Brawl as a duo character, as was intended, K. Rool has one fewer "counterpoint" to deal with and a more unified DK fanbase behind him. If Dixie got into Brawl as a solo character, they'd still be unified behind him, but there would be more dissent on message boards from stupid people who think the series is "complete" or "doesn't deserve four characters."

All curious scenarios to say the least. And lots of quotation marks as well on my end. :smirk:

Groose

Smash Champion
Who are your four favorite kongs then=???
My favorite Kong is by far Cranky Kong. I'm a sucker for fourth-wall gags, and he's the king of those. My second favorite ape is Donkey, my third Diddy---for pretty obvious reasons. My fourth is Funky. Don't hate on Funky---I consider him the epitome of Rare's wackiness.

Oddly, I've never really been a huge fan of the other Kongs. Wrinkly, Dixie, and Tiny never really impressed me; Chunky and Kiddie rubbed me the wrong way.

King K. Rool is my third favorite DK character, behind only Cranky and DK himself.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Diddy, Donkey, Cranky and Lanky are my favorite kongs.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Diddy is easily my most favorite Kong. Next come DK and Dixie. Also really like Lanky, Funky and Cranky. Tiny, Kiddy and Chunky come after, but that doesn't mean I dislike them at all.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Pardon if this has been posted before, but:

This theme is just too good. I hope we hear something like this in SSB4.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Goosebumps on my arms and back. That means it's awesome.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
My favorite Kong is Donkey Kong Jr.

It's OK dude I got your back. Love the kid and especially the game. I'll be damned if I can find a sequel that tremendously improves upon and change the original like DK Jr. did. (Street Fighter 2 doesn't count!)

Not my favorite Kong though. That goes to the first member of the DK crew, huh!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
DK Jr. is basically my least favorite Kong. Unless you talk about Adult DK Jr., cause he's awesome. :dk64::dkmelee::dk2::dk:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I have trouble deciding between Cranky and DK himself as far as my favorite Kong goes. K. Rool is my favorite character in the series, of course, with Klubba, Klump, Krusha, Kutlass, Krook, Kloak, Squawks, and Bleak the snowman ranking high up there as well.

There's some chance that Retro will revive the retro DK Jr. after ****ing to the arcade games in the form of cameos last game, but I'd really not want the series canon botched that badly. Cranky does call DK his grandson now, to be fair, but that was retconned away from Rare's original character background, where DK was just his regular son. And for genealogy purposes, grandsons can still be given the 'junior' suffix anyways.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Now that we're talking about DK Jr., has anyone considered the possibility of the 4th character in Tropical Freeze being him? Not many would see him coming.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Now that we're talking about DK Jr., has anyone considered the possibility of the 4th character in Tropical Freeze being him? Not many would see him coming.
I have, in fact i hope for it more than any other possibility. DKCR already had the final temple with his theme so it wouldnt be that far off, and we know the current DK isnt jr so it is possible.

And we now know the 4th character is a kong from this interview, and from the sounds of it kiddy kong is out as a potential as well.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

He'd be DK the III, if t'was the case. Not that Nintendo cares about canon.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I still am a firm believer DK is DK Jr. grown up. And Cranky of coarse is the original DK without question.

DK Jr. shouldn't re-appear. Am rather hoping for Kiddy, Lanky or a nee Kong entirely.

Also, am not happy with Diddy's decreasing role in the series. Am hoping that if Retro decides on making a new game, Diddy and Dixie could also take lead roles in the 1Player Mode. Make DK still the main Kong, and keep the buddy system like in Returns and Tropical Freeze, but make Diddy also able to lead with Dixie. Their roll attack could be a duo cartwheel and hairspin attack which moves in great speeds. They should also be able to throw each other like in DKC2. Oh and also: Kremlings. Kremlings everywhere,

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I'd be ecstatic to see Junior be the 4th Kong, not only because I like his game, but also because I'd like to see more of a cohesive melding between the DKC continuity and that of the arcade-style DK series. Also, I've personally never adhered to the "Cranky is the original DK, the current DK is DK Jr. as an adult" story because every time Nintendo seems to go with that, they do something to refute or discredit it. I pretty much have no opinion over which canon is the "right" one, because Nintendo doesn't even seem to care. For the sake of simplicity, I consider DK Jr. a separate character. Anyway, as much as I'd love to see it, I don't think it will happen, even with the references in DKCR. I expect our 4th Kong will be Funky.

Or Mario in a monkey suit. :troll:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
DK is gonna be the main Kong, and as strong as he is, I don't see him casually carry Funky on his back. I epect it to be a light weight like Diddy and Dixie. Or otherwise small enough to carry on DK's back.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I think someone noticed that Tropical Freeze is going to be a 1-2 player game. If that is true. I wouldn't be surprised if the second Kong was a larger one who is playable like DK and can carry the smaller Kong as well.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
No that'd be terrible, and spit on the roles of Diddy and Dixie. :glare:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well I don't know really. At least according to the guy's at GameXplain who noticed that on an official sheet or something along those lines. Could have gotten my info wrong though or it could have been a mistake. I don't know. I hope it is possible to play as each Kong individually in a 4 player mode though. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N5KUrdvy5E At 3:45 you see them talk about it.

I think it's still possible to play as Diddy and Dixie individually though. You just can't have 4 people play together because I do recall Diddy using the Peanut Popgun.... I think....?

Top Bottom