• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
Moving on, I would LOVE to see a Yeti enemy as part of the Vikings. It makes perfect sense...the enemies are from the arctic, yetis are rumored to live there...it'd be pretty funny.
Yetis are rumored to be in the Himalayas, not arctic.

Smash DK debuted as a particular game version of DK from a game that came out almost a year after Smash and has absolutely no reference to said game within Smash.

Tell me, how is life in the dimension where logic and common sense don't exist?
Oh, it came out afterwards? :p My bad then. I was like 6 during Nintendo 64's era so to me all those games are from the same time xD
To be honest, this world is pretty stellar. I don't have to pop a blood vessel looking for excuses to make Lucario not be a replacement for Mewtwo. ^^ But let's not get off topic.

D

Deleted member

How good it must be to live in that universe, where one can be as idiotic and ignorant as they want to believe Lucario is a Mewtwo replacement.

But let's not get off topic. :smirk:

D

Deleted member

It's not Luigi's fault.
He washes himself with more soap than Mario does. :troll:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
In regard to K. Rool's moveset, he has so many options out there, but I'm curious if you guys think there are any moves that he's 100% guaranteed to have. I think the crown boomerang is a lock since it's trademark attack, but everything else seems less certain for one reason or another.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
It'd be odd if he didn't have his blunderbuss to fire something with. If they pick moves from all of his appearances, then I think the blunderbuss is a lock too.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I expect him to have some sort of variation on the "fat guy jump and/or stomp attack" that Bowser and Dedede make use of. I really think they'd use his shockwave slam from DK64.

Groose

Smash Champion
Yeah, I'd say that his movepool will definitely contain the crown toss or the blunderbuss. There is a chance they have both, but Sakurai may deem the moves too similar.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
My favorite Kong is Diddy Kong by a huge margin, followed by DK, followed by Dixie Kong, followed by Cranky Kong. After that there is a huge gap between them and the likes of Chunky Kong, Funky Kong, Wrinkly Kong, Lanky Kong, a small gap and then Tiny Kong, a small gap and Kiddy Kong, and lastly, a huge gap between them and DK Jr.
My favorite Kong is by far Cranky Kong. I'm a sucker for fourth-wall gags, and he's the king of those. My second favorite ape is Donkey, my third Diddy---for pretty obvious reasons. My fourth is Funky. Don't hate on Funky---I consider him the epitome of Rare's wackiness.
I never hated Funky at all. I dislike how he was used and was in Mario Kart Wii over Dixie Kong or K. Rool, but that doesn't mean I don't like him.
[collapse="Hey, look! Fanmade concept art for K. Rool's home stage!"]
[/collapse]
The stage already has better lighting and coloring than all of the new stages in Brawl! :troll:
In regard to K. Rool's moveset, he has so many options out there, but I'm curious if you guys think there are any moves that he's 100% guaranteed to have. I think the crown boomerang is a lock since it's trademark attack, but everything else seems less certain for one reason or another.
Gun, gun, gun, gun, gun, gun, gun, gun, gun, gun, gun, gun, gun, gun, gun!!!! (from DKC2 of course)
Pardon if this has been posted before, but:
This theme is just too good. I hope we hear something like this in SSB4.
First off, that song was in Brawl, and it almost sounded like a DKC port of the song.
Second off, I got a way better version on my copy of Project M.
[collapse="Here you go (note: it sounds much better on Project M)"]
[/collapse]

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

For some reason, the Bellyflop seems like a thing Sakurai would surely include.

And John, I never would've thought I would enjoy listening to metal music, but you made me do it. Thanks!

Groose

Smash Champion
For some reason, the Bellyflop seems like a thing Sakurai would surely include.

And John, I never would've thought I would enjoy listening to metal music, but you made me do it. Thanks!
Sakurai IS bringing back tripping! :troll:
But only for K. Rool, and it's actually an attack. :troll:

Luigi player

Smash Master
^ just like for Villager? He already trips with his dash attack :p

I'd love if K Rool had the Blunderbuss as his B attack... like you can charge it, and maybe it'd look like Diddys Popgun and how it was when you hit him in DKC2. He burns and then randomly shoots it after a short time, so opponents would have to be careful about it.
And for his downB I'd like him to suck his opponents to him (using the Blunderbuss' vacuum function). And if someone is near enough you can cancel it to another attack.
(sideB crown toss (chargeable), and upB probably his stomp thing, would be really similar to Dededes upB))

Too bad that won't happen...

Groose

Smash Champion
^ just like for Villager? He already trips with his dash attack :p

I'd love if K Rool had the Blunderbuss as his B attack... like you can charge it, and maybe it'd look like Diddys Popgun and how it was when you hit him in DKC2. He burns and then randomly shoots it after a short time, so opponents would have to be careful about it.
And for his downB I'd like him to suck his opponents to him (using the Blunderbuss' vacuum function). And if someone is near enough you can cancel it to another attack.
(sideB corwn toss (chargeable), and upB probably his stop thing, would be really similar to Dededes upB))

Too bad that won't happen...

I wouldn't want him to be too similar to Dedede. He would automatically be in the same weight-tier and would have similar attack power and probably run speed; if his moves were similar, everyone would be down on him for being a clone.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
King K.Rool should be bigger and heavier than King Dedede. Why? Cause King Dedede already lives forever cause of his recovery. K.Rool should also be a sturdy ass mofo, thus he should be heavier.

Luigi player

Smash Master
King K.Rool should be bigger and heavier than King Dedede. Why? Cause King Dedede already lives forever cause of his recovery. K.Rool should also be a sturdy *** mofo, thus he should be heavier.
well, he would be heavier than DK... so that means it's either Bowser, Dedede or him (or Snake if he's still in). But it really depends on if he has good air speed and fast ending aerials (if momentum cancelling stays in like it was in Brawl).

Groose

Smash Champion
King K.Rool should be bigger and heavier than King Dedede. Why? Cause King Dedede already lives forever cause of his recovery. K.Rool should also be a sturdy *** mofo, thus he should be heavier.

Yes, I expect him to be heavier than Dedede. However, my point was that he will still draw comparisons as they would both be among the heaviest characters.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
He did before Nelvana and Paon redesigned him without one to avoid clipping issues. Since DK and Diddy draw heavily from their Rare designs in-Smash, I expect K. Rool will get the same treatment, tail and all.

K. Rool? As heavy as that wish-washy floater Dedede?! I'd choose my last words more carefully if I were you...

Groose

Smash Champion
K. Rool? As heavy as that wish-washy floater Dedede?! I'd choose my last words more carefully if I were you...

*Sigh*. I merely pointed out that both Dedede and K. Rool will be heavyweights. I'm not suggesting that they will be exactly the same weight! K. Rool will be in competition with Bowser for the title of heaviest character in the game; Dedede isn't quite as heavy, but he is still a heavyweight.

This topic began when someone suggested that K. Rool's specials would function like Dedede's. I merely pointed out that the two would also be in the same weight tier and would probably fall under scrutiny for being clones if their specials were very similar.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'd imagine that K. Rool would sit in between Bowser and Donkey Kong in weight.

So it'd go like this:

1st: Bowser
2nd: K. Rool
3rd: Donkey Kong
4th: King Dedede (because Snake needs to lose a few pounds)
5th: Ridley

Groose

Smash Champion
I'd imagine that K. Rool would sit in between Bowser and Donkey Kong in weight.

So it'd go like this:

1st: Bowser
2nd: K. Rool
3rd: Donkey Kong
4th: King Dedede (because Snake needs to lose a few pounds)
5th: Ridley

Personally, I think K. Rool should be heavier than Bowser. Just look at that gut.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Personally, I think K. Rool should be heavier than Bowser. Just look at that gut.
Bowser just screams of "I'm the heaviest guy around here" to me for whatever reason, he's the most brutish of brutes. Though with the new Bowser looking a lot more agile I could see it change.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Bowser has a large spiky shell to boot. So I expect Bowser to remain the heaviest.

Granted, Bowser did lose a few pounds due to the Wii Fit Trainer, but still. :troll:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Technically speaking, bone weighs more than fat, and considering a shell of that sort is just an extension of their spine, Bowser should still naturally weigh more than K. Rool.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I only think K Rool should weigh more than bowser is if they use his snes gold-plated belly design. apparently gold is REALLY HEAVY

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Well, remember, Ridley has to weigh more than all of them combined, since according to his biggest fans, being heavy is part of his character.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
I think Dixie's Tropical Freeze appearance has really hurt K.Rools chances. Despite all of your support, I'm not sure that I'd call him a very likely newcomer anymore.

*bubble shields*

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Well I still believe K Rool may possibly appear in the game at some point as a boss. Imagine the impact that would have in the game. He can easily be implemented due to his adaptable traits as a character. K Rool could not be more different from game to game which is part of what makes him so awesome. Additionally, I just really don't want Dixie as a playable character.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
That's a problem with many characters, not just K. Rool. "Very likely" isn't what people make it out to be. Even saying a character has only a 40% chance is still almost saying that they have a 1/2 chance of being in. Which is ridiculous. I'm all for a plethora of characters that I would absolutely love, including everybody's favorite esoteric yet loveable crocodile king, but I don't think any of of them are near-guaranteed "likely."

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
That's a problem with many characters, not just K. Rool. "Very likely" isn't what people make it out to be. Even saying a character has only a 40% chance is still almost saying that they have a 1/2 chance of being in. Which is ridiculous. I'm all for a plethora of characters that I would absolutely love, including everybody's favorite esoteric yet loveable crocodile king, but I don't think any of of them are near-guaranteed "likely."
True.
Also I think Smashboards view of K.Rools chances are inflated by the huge success of this thread.
Demonstrated in SSBF's rate their chances thread where SmashBoards gave K.Rool a 72% chance where as GameFAQS gave him a 52% chance.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
June 2013: Tropical Freeze is revealed...Dixie exists in a new game that I know virtually nothing about due to only a single trailer for it being released?!?! OMG her chances just skyrocketed and I'd be shocked not to see her in Smash!! K. Rool's chances are dead!!

November 2013: Tropical Freeze is released...K. Rool exists in a new game too?!?! OMG his chances just skyrocketed and I'd be shocked not to see him in Smash!! And because he's in a new game, the DK series can now magically support another new rep whereas it couldn't when only Dixie was shown!!

June 2014: OMG Donkey Kong Jungle Beat 2 is being shown at E3 but K. Rool and Dixie are nowhere in sight!! Their chances just plummeted...Sonic is proof that the roster can still change this late in development!!

August 2014: Look! There's a K. Rool statue hidden in Mario Curling!! OMG his chances just skyrocketed and I'd be shocked not to see him in Smash!! Dixie's chances are dead!!

And so on.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
June 2013: Tropical Freeze is revealed...Dixie exists in a new game that I know virtually nothing about due to only a single trailer for it being released?!?! OMG her chances just skyrocketed and I'd be shocked not to see her in Smash!! K. Rool's chances are dead!!

November 2013: Tropical Freeze is released...K. Rool exists in a new game too?!?! OMG his chances just skyrocketed and I'd be shocked not to see him in Smash!! And because he's in a new game, the DK series can now magically support another new rep whereas it couldn't when only Dixie was shown!!

June 2014: OMG Donkey Kong Jungle Beat 2 is being shown at E3 but K. Rool and Dixie are nowhere in sight!! Their chances just plummeted...Sonic is proof that the roster can still change this late in development!!

August 2014: Look! There's a K. Rool statue hidden in Mario Curling!! OMG his chances just skyrocketed and I'd be shocked not to see him in Smash!! Dixie's chances are dead!!

And so on.

Mario Curling?! OH HELL YES, where's the line to preorder that?! I'm gonna get the bundle pack with Mario Polo and Mario Croquet.

I actually feel like eventually they might just do "Mario Sports" and put in several different sports... could be fun.

Also, I think of K.Rool as being slightly lighter than Bowser. They're both big, but I think Bowser's hard shell makes him look heavier, and I think making the feel of the character match the visuals is important.

(even though I'm pretty sure a turtle's shell isn't actually that heavy in real life)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

And so on.

I would very much like a Mario Curling. The Olympic Games doesn't cut it. But K. Rool should be playable in it. Just picture K. Rool in curling pants.

...You're all welcome.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I hope none of that satire was too harsh, it's just reached a point where I'm hoping for more critical thinking in terms of how character chances are evaluated in general, beyond just K. Rool. *glances over at Ridley thread*

On a different note, I found the perfect final boss music for BridgesWithTurtles' J.K. Rooling fight, at 2:00 in the video below.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I only think K Rool should weigh more than bowser is if they use his snes gold-plated belly design. apparently gold is REALLY HEAVY
I don't think he was actually meant to be gold plated? Figured it was more of a... product of how models and such were made at the time. Everything back then was shinier. THOUGH I WOULD LIKE TO BE WRONG, GOLD BELLY IS PRETTY COOL.

Also I didn't realize my Ridley thread was catching up to yours so much in the views department. Just a thousand or so behind now. Or had it been like that? WHATEVER.

D

Deleted member

Since DK and Diddy draw heavily from their Rare designs in-Smash, I expect K. Rool will get the same treatment, tail and all.
That was prior to Smash 4.
Pretty sure DK takes more from post-Rare now in design, specifically with DKCR.

Top Bottom