• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
That would be nice, wouldn't it, Diddy? Let's hope it's actually badass, and not K. Rool in a diaper. lol

Groose

Smash Champion
Not sure if it's relevant or not, but I just noticed that Sluggers was developed by Namco Bandai, the same guys who are helping Sakurai with SSB4...
Oh. Snap. Well... Sakurai, not Namco, is responsible for roster decisions. While it certainly doesn't hurt K. Rool's chances, it doesn't really help them.

I don't even..........help me....
That, my friend, was the intended reaction. But it gets better... if K. Rool does get in, you'll have "K. Rool's Finest Hour" stuck in your head for months. I'll make sure of that.
Aww yeah, now that one is excellent.
Keep up the good work. Spam K. Rool so much that Sakurai is forced to pull a Sonic with him.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm still hoping he shows up in some capacity in Tropical Freeze. Probably wishful thinking, but it's just a hope.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Honestly, I don't see King K. Rool appearing in DKC: Tropical Freeze. I don't see him being a final boss (unless a hidden one somewhere in the game) and I definitely don't see him as a 4th playable character; as awesome as either of these would be.

Like BKupa666 said, either King K. Rool will appear in Smash or he will die in obscurity. We are going to have to cross all of our fingers into a possible Smash Bros. appearance.
this :(

I'd hope he appears as King K. Rool, and with attacks from his various appearances..

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Conspiracy theory time!

Whereas in the previous three Smash games, the "big four" was unambiguously Mario, Link, Pikachu and (strangely) Kirby, Donkey Kong has now been shown in place of Kirby and Pikachu at two separate points in the latest Smash trailer (the first scene on the 3DS Battlefield and during Mega Man's debut).

What do the home series of Mario, Link, Pikachu and Kirby all have in common? In either Melee or Brawl (or both), each added two newcomers. Maybe it's DK's turn to shine now. Or, at the very least, it's hard to fathom he wouldn't get at least one newcomer with the level of attention he's receiving, in addition to his early reveal...and that newcomer would be K. Rool.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
DK's early reveal to me suggests the series will definitely get a newcomer. I mean, I can't buy that if they reveal Diddy -which I expect to happen quite a lot earlier than with Brawl btw- they'd be done with the playable characters. Am hoping for a Diddy reveal trailer coupled with Dixie's confirmation as a newcomer. And later, the trailer gets expended with adding King K.Rool.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
An early Diddy reveal would cement the idea to me that we are getting more DK characters.

Even though King K may not be relevant anymore (which was never a criteria to begin with but whatever), I feel like he has the potential to be a more unique fighter than Dixie could be, even though I wouldn't mind either.

D

Deleted member

So who would like to see me post a GameFAQs variation of this thread? It'd be a great way for K. Rool fans over their to express support for the Kremling King and I think with convincing arguments that fans will get back on their feet.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
At this point I just want more DKC repping. Although I still believe K. Rool is the better and more likely choice. As for the thread SSBF, I'd say go for it. Gamefaqs is a treacherous hive of stupid, however, as I know you know. And relevancy is high on their list.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Gamefaqs is complete bull****, but if you'd want to, you could of coarse make a thread there for K.Rool. I just don't have high expectations from it.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
From what I've seen, GameFAQs is relatively split between pockets of K. Rool supporters, those who want him but now consider him "impossible," and relevance gits. That said, I'd've happy to see whatever you could whip up over there, SSBF, and feel free to borrow from this thread in doing so.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
He's not impossible, the Kremlings are still the main enemies in the DKC franchise. Especially now we have Vikings and not Tikis again.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Yeah. I sort of look at it the same way Zelda characters seem to be chosen.

-Who has the most villain appearances and is obviously the main villain? Ganon/Dorf.
-Who are one shots? Ghirahim, Zant, Skull Kid.

DKC

-Who has the most recurring appearances? The KING of course. With what? 11 counting ports? 8 if you don't? That's more than Dorf (but not Ganon)

-Who are the one-shots? Tiki Tong, Ninja Kong...Stanley? Possibly Viking guy if it isn't K. Rool?

Same story almost. In both cases, who's the main villain? The one with the most appearances and iconic status. Which Zelda villain is in Smash?

That's Dorf and K. Rool. I think we have our undisputed winner.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
But...but...Smash only celebrates what's snazzy and new, right? Except for retro characters, those don't count. And Marth in Melee, he's a protagonist, so he doesn't count. And Jigglypuff in Brawl, she's a veteran, so she doesn't count. And Mega Man in this game, he's iconic and popular, so he doesn't count...and it only looked like Capcom wanted to retire him.

Also, today marks this thread's one year anniversary, which is quite a thrilling prospect if you think about it. This time, a year ago, we were waiting for some vague idea of how this game would take shape, curious about what we would see and how it would affect our Kremling King. It doesn't even feel like that long ago, but here we are, still going strong after having caught these first glimpses. Now, we have a little over a year to go before finding out all there is to know about this game, and if this past year has been any indication, those big reveals will be here before we know it. Moving forward, here's hoping for the best in regard to both K. Rool and Smash as a whole.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Congrats with our aniversarry Kuttroaths, and to you to BKoops.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
I can't help but shake the feeling that K. was meant to be in Brawl but cut before any programming was done on him, after all, DK's first scene in SSE ALMOST felt like DKC, and is something K. Rool could have easily done himself, but that scene was made Bowser's for reasons unknown...

And happy 1 year anniversary to you too!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
That SSE cutscene was amazing. And so was everything with DK and Diddy in the SSE. It was one of the few things I actually liked about it.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
It did make me hope K. Rool would be in Brawl, but alas. Again just another measly trophy. D:

Anyway, I love BKupa's Conspiracy theory. lol

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
If it's any consolation, K. Rool's trophy was special, unlocked upon the completion Target Smash level four with all characters, rather than just being collected in the SSE or Coin Launcher at random...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If he doesn't become playable, I'll be dissapointed as ****

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
If he doesn't become playable, I'll be dissapointed as ****

Dude. The feels. I share them.

Oh and I also always thought that, BKupp; that it was interesting that K. Rool's trophy was special.

Luigi player

Smash Master
DK's early reveal to me suggests the series will definitely get a newcomer. I mean, I can't buy that if they reveal Diddy -which I expect to happen quite a lot earlier than with Brawl btw- they'd be done with the playable characters. Am hoping for a Diddy reveal trailer coupled with Dixie's confirmation as a newcomer. And later, the trailer gets expended with adding King K.Rool.
Wow, how can you even hope that. It'll only make you really disappointed when none of it happens xD

I can definitely see the DK series getting a newcomer, but it would most likely be Dixie Kong... and I can't see them making 4 DK characters, as awesome as it would be.
But we'll see.

At first I just want to see Diddy confirmed, because I'm a little scared he won't make it (even though that's unlikely).
After that they might add another secret one. Dixie actually has good chances if you think about it. Her returning appearance in the upcoming DKC game plus there were files of her left in Brawl.
With K. Rool probably not being in the new game and Dixie being more relevant again I can easily see her joining the fight in Smash 4. I just hope she'll be her own character and not paired with Diddy...
After that they could make K. Rool join, but I rather not get my hopes up.

I remember for Brawl people found K. Rool in the clouds of a pic/trailer from the SSE, haha. Good times. I was really sad when I found out he wasn't in Brawl...
If they don't add any new DK character I'd seriously be disappointed though.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I trust Sakurai to not exclude the most popular newcomer (between the U.S. and Japan) for one with a fraction of his popularity and uniqueness (subjectively, blunderbuss projectiles and comedic boxing moves trump spinning and...um...juiceboxes), just because she exists in a new title (that he has a slight chance of existing in as well), and in a lesser role from her previous ones to boot.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I trust Sakurai to not exclude the most popular newcomer (between the U.S. and Japan) for one with a fraction of his popularity and uniqueness (subjectively, blunderbuss projectiles and comedic boxing moves trump spinning and...um...juiceboxes), just because she exists in a new title (that he has a slight chance of existing in as well), and in a lesser role from her previous ones to boot.
I could argue that dixie is more unique than what you made her appear to, but I really don't feel like it right now.

but yeah, K. Rools probably getting in, along with Ridley and probably Mewtwo and little mac.

Morbi

Scavenger
I don't even bother speculating whether or not he will be in the game. I think he is given at this point. I would be severely surprised if he wasn't added. I mean I would be genuinely shocked.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
It would genuinely suck if K. Rool didn't make it this time around. I mean, after all, he IS one of the most requested Ninty newcomers, and if they won't bring him back in HIS OWN FREAKIN' SERIES, at least they can do him justice in Smash.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I could argue that dixie is more unique than what you made her appear to, but I really don't feel like it right now.

but yeah, K. Rools probably getting in, along with Ridley and probably Mewtwo and little mac.

Yeah, I simplified both for the sake of a concise parenthetical statement, but the juicebox thing is an example of how most Dixie movesets have to pull the most obscure props out of hammerspace for her to appear passably unique, whereas it's the opposite problem with K. Rool...it's a struggle to work everything he brings to the table within a few moves.

I hope I don't sound too terribly hard on Dixie, but I'm surprised at how quickly the general attitude has shifted toward her and against K. Rool, just because she appeared in a new trailer. I mean, did we learn nothing from when this exact same premature 'shoo-in' label was given to Medusa? Magnus? Zoroark?

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
it's still possible for dixie to be in the game, with or without k. Rool. probably with, though.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
What a bunch of negative nancies here.

Seriously. Did you people forget everything positive about K. Rool? Two disappearances doesn't mean he's gone forever. By the way, he's going to show up in Smash in some capacity that's greater than a sticker, regardless of anything. Sigh. And I reiterate my point about the Tropical Freeze Miiverse being important in our fight if he's not in it.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Seriously. Did you people forget everything positive about K. Rool? Two disappearances doesn't mean he's gone forever. By the way, he's going to show up in Smash in some capacity that's greater than a sticker, regardless of anything. Sigh. And I reiterate my point about the Tropical Freeze Miiverse being important in our fight if he's not in it.
hey, I still think he's getting in, and I ALSO think dixie's getting in. but K rool first. it's always been that way for me.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
The way I see it, K. Rool will have been one of the first newcomers chosen, along with Little Mac, Takamaru, Ridley, etc., then, Dixie could have been one of the later picks, since she had decent credentials before Tropical Freeze and is easy to add as a Wolf/Lucas equivalent. If Tropical Freeze influences development in any way, which depends on several factors, it will be to solidify her place on the roster if it wasn't already solid, as well as to further justify the inclusion of two DK newcomers with a new high-profile game. That's not greedy, as non-fans may say, that's an accurate reflection of the series' prominence, as well as its characters' all-star statuses.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
or, they could have added both K Rool and Dixie before tropical freeze was even taken into account. she's almost as influential as K. Rool, and DKC would be fine with 4 characters.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
DK is definitely big enough for 4 characters.

I'm good if either Dixie or K.Rool get in, but both? Damn. I'd LOVE that. But best keep my expectations low so I don't end up disappointed if that doesn't end up being the case.

Something I wanna ask, though. Am I the only one that would prefer if the K.Rool we get is Kaptain K.Rool? I mean, with the blunderbuss and everything. Pirate kremlings are best kremlings. K.Rool should get the Wario treatment and get different costumes, while we're at it.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
^^

I think we all want alt costumes for the King. It's easy enough to give the Blunderbuss to the King persona and have it make sense, and since it's his more common appearance, despite the awesomeness of the Kaptain, it makes sense to give him that one first.

Still though, give him a couple of costumes.

Top Bottom