• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Korporal K. Reep

Smash Apprentice
Hey! Hey! I think I found the "leaked" K. Rool concept art you referenced here!

Needless to say, I am wholeheartedly calling bull on this, but...mark your calendars nevertheless.

According to the leaker on GameFAQs, this came up as an ad on IGN, without a game title attached, but it does have K. Rool's bracelets, cape, chest plates and fangs visible, along with a Viking helmet and what looks to be a staff. Again, probably bull, but still, a shred of hope I'll gladly cling to.
ViKing K. Rool would be really awesome, but that silhouette looks awfully similar to this piece of fanart (which is from 2010 I believe). Just look at his feet and his position; it's likely that same image edited.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Hey! Hey! I think I found the "leaked" K. Rool concept art you referenced here!

Needless to say, I am wholeheartedly calling bull on this, but...mark your calendars nevertheless.

According to the leaker on GameFAQs, this came up as an ad on IGN, without a game title attached, but it does have K. Rool's bracelets, cape, chest plates and fangs visible, along with a Viking helmet and what looks to be a staff. Again, probably bull, but still, a shred of hope I'll gladly cling to.

It's fake

1) If K.Rool is revealed, he would be more likely to be revealed on a Nintendo Direct. Not IGN
B) July 14th, 2013 is on a Sunday and IGN doesn't update on weekends

Groose

Smash Champion
It's fake

1) If K.Rool is revealed, he would be more likely to be revealed on a Nintendo Direct. Not IGN
B) July 14th, 2013 is on a Sunday and IGN doesn't update on weekends
Logical reasoning at its finest. Thank you for derailing the hype train before it got too out of hand.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
My deep respect for Retro Studios has diminished somewhat. Okay. I admit, Returns was a good game, but something was missing.

Groose

Smash Champion
My deep respect for Retro Studios has diminished somewhat. Okay. I admit, Returns was a good game, but something was missing.
I agree with the Returns sentiment, but not with the diminishing respect for Retro idea. Why? They've yet to give me a game that hasn't been really good.

Actually, it reminds me of Sakurai...

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
It just didn't have the nostalgic factor nor magic that the original trilogy had...

And K. Rool is what's missing.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
That's a bit of an overreaction. It's Retro, this game will still be good, and while people are vilifying them for not working on something else, it's not like this goes against their usual practice, we got three Metroid games from them in a row. Yeah, I would've preferred something else as well, but I haven't lost respect for them wanting to finish what they started.

Groose

Smash Champion
It just didn't have the nostalgic factor nor magic that the original trilogy had...

And K. Rool is what's missing.
Even so, it was among the best 2-D platformers of the 21st Century. They don't make them like they used to, but it was an imitation of the highest quality.

K. Rool was missing. I respect their decision to give him a break, though. The second time around, Tropical Freeze, better include him.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Even so, it was among the best 2-D platformers of the 21st Century. They don't make them like they used to, but it was an imitation of the highest quality.

K. Rool was missing. I respect their decision to give him a break, though. The second time around, Tropical Freeze, better include him.

I agree with both of those statements. I never said Returns was bad. I enjoyed it, a lot. And I liked Tong as well, but IDK, it's just not DKC without good ole K. Rool...

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
And now people are overreacting. Once again, look at what Retro decided to rethink for the new game: Dixie, Water levels, David ****ing Wise, and now the only thing they haven't done is bring back the King, which I'm damn sure they know about the outcry for if they noticed the Dixie one.

Don't freak out on me people. Come on now.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Okay, maybe not for Tropical Freeze, but I really hope the NEXT DK game, be it another Country or otherwise, WILL have K. Rool.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
hmm... if I can only get ONE nintendo game this year, what should it be? Mario or DKC?

Obviously DKC. I don't even have to ask. I know it'll be much better. :p

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Okay, maybe not for Tropical Freeze, but I really hope the NEXT DK game, be it another Country or otherwise, WILL have K. Rool.

Well, in that unlikely occurrence that K. Rool isn't present at all in Tropical Freeze, what we have to do it about it is tell Nintendo, through Miiverse, that we'd like K. Rool to be in the next DK game. All of us.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Well, in that unlikely occurrence that K. Rool isn't present at all in Tropical Freeze, what we have to do it about it is tell Nintendo, through Miiverse, that we'd like K. Rool to be in the next DK game. All of us.

I wish it worked that way. K. Rool gets a lot of requests in, for example, the Smash Bros. community on Miiverse.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Vikings are much better than Tikis, but still not as cool as Kremlings. I have deep respect for Retro, and the fact that after DKCR and the complaints from fans as it lacking old faces, and musical atmosphere, they added Dixie and brought back David Wise for the next installment. Yes, they haven't used Kremlings again for enemies, but am already glad they didn't use Tikis again. Tropical Freeze is much better than a potential 'Tiki Tong's Revenge' for example.

If Retro already took all these things to heart, it's likely they'll listen to fan imput after Tropical Freeze's release. And I'll predict a MASSIVE outcry for Kremlings, which we will probably then get as a result.

In short: HAVE A LITTLE FAITH YOU SPOILED BRATS!

Groose

Smash Champion
People are saying that the Boxing Ring we've seen in the trailers is a Punch-Out!!! stage. Hmm. While they do have evidence to support this, I can't help but wonder...

What if it's K. Rool's stage, based off of his boss fight in DK 64?

Groose

Smash Champion
Sadly it looks nothing like K. Rool's boxing ring from DK64. :( Looks more like a Punch Out stage.
I know... I just like conspiracy theories, and I hadn't seen anyone suggest that yet.

Anyway, I think a stage on the Gangplank Galleon would work the best with our favorite King.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I wish it worked that way. K. Rool gets a lot of requests in, for example, the Smash Bros. community on Miiverse.

What are you talking about? The Miiverse requests are the reason Europe finally gets to have Earthbound. Did you come in here to be a downer, or are you going to appreciate K. Rool like the rest of us? STAND UP SOLDIER. King K. Rool does not appreciate debbie downers in his army!

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Look, dude, I want K. Rool as much as anyone in this thread does. But I'm trying to be more realistic with my expectations after being seriously let down by Brawl's roster.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Look, dude, I want K. Rool as much as anyone in this thread does. But I'm trying to be more realistic with my expectations after being seriously let down by Brawl's roster.

You were let down by Brawl's roster when we got some of the best DKC fanservice ever, with a bunch of moves straight out of DK64? I thought Brawl's roster was great. I think someone got their expectations too high.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
But it's so criticizable! Attitude adjustments for all! Especially when your character is the most-wanted Nintendo Newcomer. Positive feels abound!

That is, however, a super-extra-awesome K. Rool. Yeah!

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
I thought you'd enjoy that. And where did you read that the King was the most requested Nintendo newcomer? I'm interested.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I thought you'd enjoy that. And where did you read that the King was the most requested Nintendo newcomer? I'm interested.

Check Shortie's poll. (And elsewhere) While I can't provide concrete "Here's a links" things, for a while he passed Ridley and was just under Mewtwo. Also, according to Chrono and others (Trustworthy sources) he's either third or fourth most requested (Also behind Mewtwo and Roy) in Japan.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Wow, even Japan wants him? Here's to hoping that Sakurai will actually take that into consideration, being Japanese and all lol.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, I sometimes have my doubts about him to. And I'm still holding my breath, but that doesn't keep me down from supporting the King to the fullest. I mean, he's an awesomely popular character request, with a lot of unique moveset potential going for him.

I mean, just look at Megaman and the VIllager's movesets for example. They all feature a ton of diversity in their usage. Megaman uses a lot of weapons, and has the charged buster for a Smash attack. K.Rool could also easily have a canon ball shot from his blunderbuss as a Forward Smash cause of this. And have the Krown Toss for Side B.

King K.Rool's biggest chance right now is in Smash. It's likely that if Retro does well with Tropical Freeze, they could be asked to even make ANOTHER DKC, which is a realistic outlook. Cause Nintendo is doing the 'more of the same if it means succes' route with releasing so many titles in a row as New Super Mario Bros. DKCR looks like it might become the next triology in the DKC series. If they follow on New Super Mario Bros., they might even expand on the series FURTHER than a triology. And it might make Retro so big, they'll hire a complete DKC staff team (hopefully with old Rare employees!), and focus on DKC alone. Like Nintendo already has their Mario and Zelda teams.

If Nintendo has these big plans with DK as it currently looks like, we could easily expect great things from the series. And surely K.Rool will definitely come back cause of this. Especially if he'd turn up to be in Smash. As it does great things for character popularity. DK's early reveal to me hints on at least one newcomer for the series. As I cannot expect we'd be done with the DKC series for characters in Smash after Diddy's confirmation (which I expect won't take too long this time).

K.Rool has a definite chance of appearing. And I'll support him if just to voice out for him.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I still haven't counted K. Rool out of Tropical Freeze, and I dunno why people suddenly jumped in that boat. His best bet is definitely in Smash, but like I said, Miiverse, and especially the Tropical Freeze Miiverse (which Retro will likely view daily) is one of our best bets if neither of these chances for K. Rool's appearances is a reality.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
It's also worth noting that on Sakurai's Brawl poll, King K. Rool scored fairly well, getting as many votes as Lucas, Mega-Man and Villager (who was "long awaited" or something like that). This was before Diddy got confirmed too.

Sakurai is definitely looking pre-Brawl for some character inclusions here, so I wouldn't count King K Rool out yet (or at all).

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
For me it doesn't quite make sence to see K.Rool without the Kremlings. Perhaps in some secret, badly concealed apperance as one of the latter bosses, and eventually boss of a Secret World or so. But other than that, he might seem a bit forced in like that. If he appears, I want him to be seen with a Kremling army. As a Final Boss, as he should be. And the Kremlings should / would probably take the spotlight instead of those Vikings in the trailer. Which is why I'm not expecting it. It would be awesome if he DID appear there, but am not seeing it yet.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
For me it doesn't quite make sence to see K.Rool without the Kremlings. Perhaps in some secret, badly concealed apperance as one of the latter bosses, and eventually boss of a Secret World or so. But other than that, he might seem a bit forced in like that. If he appears, I want him to be seen with a Kremling army. As a Final Boss, as he should be. And the Kremlings should / would probably take the spotlight instead of those Vikings in the trailer. Which is why I'm not expecting it. It would be awesome if he DID appear there, but am not seeing it yet.

I'm just expecting them to at least throw us Kremling Fans a bone this time. A Lost World (Maybe in our travels we find freaking Krematoa again? :love: ) would be the absolute best way to end Tropical Freeze.

But I think you're right in that it's inevitable that we'll see the Kremling King eventually again.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Donkey Kong Country: Kruel Krokodiles

If they can name their next game Tropical Freeze because people wanted water and ice levels, then there's no reason why Kruel Krokodiles can't happen either. :p

Top Bottom