• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Groose

Smash Champion
K. Rool too big...
Ridley too big...

To those arguments, I merely shrug and point out Bowser. And if they say Bowser is a special case because of his popularity... I reply, "Olimar. And do you seriously think Ridley/K.Rool lacks support? Pfffft."

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Bowser is SO not a special case. His size isn't always consistent, even by Nintendo standards. So that won't fly with us. :p

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
King. K Rool has been in 5 games and 3 ports since Rare left. He's still a Nintendo Guy.

(and if he was third party, I'd totally want him more than Banjo :p)

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
In Smash Bros, Bowser is sized down to his Mario sports/spinoffs size. There's no reason to assume K. Rool wouldn't take on his smaller size as seen in Mario Super Sluggers and DK Barrel Blast. Heck, he wasn't even that big in the Paon games.

Groose

Smash Champion
OOH! I just thought of something! Lightbulb!

Bowser stands more upright and is far more agile in this game, right? What if that's because we're getting a bigger, slower character, and they don't want them to be too similar? It makes perfect sense.

Whether said big, slow character is K. Rool, Ridley, or both, I can't even take a guess.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte

Bowser stands more upright and is far more agile in this game, right? What if that's because we're getting a bigger, slower character, and they don't want them to be too similar? It makes perfect sense.

Whether said big, slow character is K. Rool, Ridley, or both, I can't even take a guess.

Man, interesting theory. I like it. ;)

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077

I always pictured Ridley a bit faster than what bowser is now, and k rool slow but projectile based.

probably K Rool.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I know it's been discussed before, but I think it's been long enough that we can bring the conversation back: K. Rool's weight. What we've seen of the game so far may suggest weight will be a bit more pronounced this time. I personally hope Bowser remains heavier, but K. Rool stands a bit taller, while sporting the second heaviest weight in the game.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I know it's been discussed before, but I think it's been long enough that we can bring the conversation back: K. Rool's weight. What we've seen of the game so far may suggest weight will be a bit more pronounced this time. I personally hope Bowser remains heavier, but K. Rool stands a bit taller, while sporting the second heaviest weight in the game.
Fat AND gold-plated isn't really light.

i don't really know who to compare it to, but he's probably one of, if not the, heaviest characters in the game.

Groose

Smash Champion
Because of his... girth... I've always pictured K. Rool as heavier even than Bowser. However, he'd have longer reaching projectiles, what with his blunderbuss.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
See I honestly expect K. Rool to be heavier (and slouched) compared to new Bowser. I guess we'll see, though!

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
In Mario Sluggers, the one game where they're both in, King K. Rool looks like a heavier guy. So imo King K > Bowser > Donkey Kong for weight.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
K. Rool is too big now?! Well, s***, just when I thought I covered my bases with counterpoints in the OP...

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
That was snark on my part...it's just out of all the possible arguments to hurl at K. Rool, I never imagined anyone would be dense enough to bring out 'size.'

I think K. Rool will definitely be Top 2 in terms of heaviest characters, just by virtue of being heavier than DK, the former second heaviest. And hey, if it's 'unique' Sakurai wants, a new chart-topping fatso would definitely fit the bill, if everything else K. Rool brings to the table didn't already.

D

Deleted member

Dang it, I love King K. Rool, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to vote for Mewtwo, who's my most wanted Nintendo character. :)

Sucks only one choice is presented or I would have voted for K. Rool in a heartbeat.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I fully support King K.Rool! Next to Ridley, he's one of the most deserving villains to be in Smash! Hell, I even heard rumors that K.Rool is secretly the one who orchestrated the villainous vikings in Tropical Freeze, which wouldn't be too surprising. Still, go K.Rool!

Hey! Hey! I think I found the "leaked" K. Rool concept art you referenced here!

Needless to say, I am wholeheartedly calling bull on this, but...mark your calendars nevertheless.

According to the leaker on GameFAQs, this came up as an ad on IGN, without a game title attached, but it does have K. Rool's bracelets, cape, chest plates and fangs visible, along with a Viking helmet and what looks to be a staff. Again, probably bull, but still, a shred of hope I'll gladly cling to.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
OMG, guys, if that concept art doesn't depict K. Rool, I'll eat my hat.

Now my hype for Tropical Freeze is through the roof. :3

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529

That is something to think about indeed. I actually vouch for both, especially since K.Rool could be designed as a heavyweight that can actually run somewhat fast and jump high, it'd be something to see since the only heavyweight that has a decent jump is Dedede, but that's only because he can fly. Ridley would actually be big but pretty slow but a beast in the air, probably like I designed him to be. In short, think Firebrand from UMVC3.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Hey! Hey! I think I found the "leaked" K. Rool concept art you referenced here!

Needless to say, I am wholeheartedly calling bull on this, but...mark your calendars nevertheless.

According to the leaker on GameFAQs, this came up as an ad on IGN, without a game title attached, but it does have K. Rool's bracelets, cape, chest plates and fangs visible, along with a Viking helmet and what looks to be a staff. Again, probably bull, but still, a shred of hope I'll gladly cling to.
I highly expect that this is definitely fake, but if K.Rool is really in the game, it would make total sense seeing how he's a pirate and all. Either way, it just makes sense if you think about it. Some random group of vikings from nothern seas just randomly come to a tropical island all willy-nilly? They've obviously been rounded up and are taking orders from someone, and K.Rool is the only character that can possibly do that. It'd also be interesting if it's also revealed that K.Rool was behind the Tiki attacks as well, that would be a nice touch. :)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If this leak is real I'll be in trouble, cause I have no money for rum. :urg:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I have no idea what KCMM is, so probably not. I'm the Diddy Kong from here pretty much.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Another talk is that people are thinking there will be a fourth playable character alongside Donkey, Diddy and Dixie, some speculating it's actually K.Rool, which I don't know how that would go. What do you guys think of playing as K.Rool in Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Yeah, I'm not expecting it to be real at all, buuut...it would absolutely make sense to not have Kremling enemies if it were. Think about it...Retro handles even the introduction of basic characters like Rambi and Cranky as massive surprises. Kremlings wandering around the levels would be a dead giveaway that their leader isn't far behind, and he's a far better 'get' than either of those two. Things are in much more of a state of doubt here, and that's just what Retro would want if he were present.

Also, if he's not, who would lead the Vikings? I don't think it's as obvious an answer as "Tiki God" was last time.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It won't happen, it's a joke more than anything. I mean, seriously...

Am not seeing how this can not be K.Rool though. I mean, just look at the silluete. It's gotta be a fat crocodile with big claws, a cape, and well, something on his head. If it's NOT K.Rool, then who the heck would it be?

Inb4 'his brother'. You cannot say this if your not Japanese.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I don't think there's any question that that image is K. Rool, to be honest. It's a matter of whether or not it's legitimate or a Photoshop, really.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
No I don't think that at all. Unless you want me to suspect you... :glare:

If K.Rool is in Smash, I'll probably sell a kidney or 2 for a Wii U.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
That would be a badass outfit though, you gotta be honest. ;)
Yeah, it looks like his crown has a giant ruby in it now or something, it'd definitely be interesting if it were real, and would play to the rumor of K.Rool being in Smash with "A new concept look designed by Retro Studios". However, I still don't think that his appearance/non-appearance in this game affects his chances in Smash whatsoever. Even if Dixie is in the new game, K.Rool is not only more popular, but is also more important to the franchise. He's THE villain of Donkey Kong, I don't think a couple of games are that big enough to warrant him being left out. Retro Studios didn't include Mother Brain in the Prime series, they created their own enemies. They even created their own version of Ridley (Meta-Ridley, the true form of Meta Knight) for the Prime series, it's not surprising that they're not wanting to use the main villain.

Top Bottom