• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
No I don't think that at all. Unless you want me to suspect you... :glare:

If K.Rool is in Smash, I'll probably sell a kidney or 2 for a Wii U.

It's just I've never wanted a newcomer this bad before. And people on another forum got fed up with my K. Rool support. D:

And wow, that much, eh? lol

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, I pretty much wanted Diddy more than anyone ever in Smash. I've only wanted K.Rool since Brawl, but I wanted Diddy in since Smash 64.

And yeah, probably that much yeah. I need to have money anyway, cause I'm getting a kid and all.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Yeah, I'm not expecting it to be real at all, buuut...it would absolutely make sense to not have Kremling enemies if it were. Think about it...Retro handles even the introduction of basic characters like Rambi and Cranky as massive surprises. Kremlings wandering around the levels would be a dead giveaway that their leader isn't far behind, and he's a far better 'get' than either of those two. Things are in much more of a state of doubt here, and that's just what Retro would want if he were present.

Also, if he's not, who would lead the Vikings? I don't think it's as obvious an answer as "Tiki God" was last time.
So...basically they'd pull a situation like Dr. Eggman in Sonic Rush Adventures?

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Aha. Well good luck with the kid. ^_^

And if that image is false, I'd totally wanna kick that "leaker" in the nuts. :glare:

D

Deleted member

Dang, I hate good rumors, they're usually false. :(

Would love to see the Kremling King return to the franchise.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Aha. Well good luck with the kid. ^_^

And if that image is false, I'd totally wanna kick that "leaker" in the nuts. :glare:
Is IGN even known for this kind of thing? A fake leak of a certain game as an advertisement? It's the first I've ever heard of it...I seriously don't know why IGN would do it...usually they're too busy giving good games bad scores while praising Call of Duty every year. :facepalm:

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Is IGN even known for this kind of thing? A fake leak of a certain game as an advertisement? It's the first I've ever heard of it...I seriously don't know why IGN would do it...usually they're too busy giving good games bad scores while praising Call of Duty every year. :facepalm:

You, sir, win the Internet for this post for almost making me spit out my water while laughing. Thanks for making my day. XD

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Thanks, I like to call out IGN for their IGNorance to what's good. I'm seriously starting to think that they hate Nintendo, if not them, then a majority of the members of the site do, especially when calculating a poll for who people thought did the best at E3. Microsoft got ahead of Nintendo by over 17%...what is with this world?

But in all seriousness, expect Retro Studios to pull a move with K.Rool like with the "No Eggman" in Sonic Rush Adventures.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
That's I like about Retro, not only do they produce amazing stuff, but they also surprise us!
It's amazing that even after so long, Nintendo in general can still surprise us. Which is one of the main reasons I liked the inclusion of the Wii Fit Trainer in Smash, I never saw it coming but they made it work and she looks amazing to play as, and it's incredible. I can't remember if they ever pulled a super-big surprise in the Metroid Prime series, but that's maybe because I never got to finish the first one and never got a chance to play any of the others...I need to pick up the collection. :\

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Too bad the Trainer got so much hate at her reveal. She's unique, and surprising. She's the new R.O.B. I like her. :)

Back on the subject of K. Rool, though, I prefer his original look to this supposed leak, but glad it's at least close.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I wouldn't say she got so much hate persay, she was hated at first, but most learned to like her when they saw how she played and the unique way they designed the character. And with the amazing amount of artwork created for her, even more than MegaMan (Yeah, Villager and Wii Fit Trainer are, somehow, getting bigger amounts of attention than MegaMan. How? I have no idea, but...it's happening.)

On the subject of K.Rool, I'm sure his design is really similar, it only looks like he's only wearing a bigger crown and his snout looks a little more plump and short, other than that, it looks pretty much the same. Maybe his cape has a pattern on it like his outfit in Super Mario Sluggers, but I'm sure they wouldn't change K.Rool.

Wait...this is Retro Studios we're talking here...what if they created...Meta K.Rool?!

Also:

This is probably fake, but it's interesting none-the-less.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Some say it's some unused concept art that was designed for DKCR but never made the final cut. I haven't seen anyone calling it out for the artwork of a fan, but it probably is. If it is unused content, however, at least it's some hope that Retro actually cares about K.Rool.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
OMG, guys, if that concept art doesn't depict K. Rool, I'll eat my hat.

Now my hype for Tropical Freeze is through the roof. :3

Wait. What concept? I'm flipping out here. I don't even know what to do. What's happening???

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Dude, I can't tell if you're messing with me or just being sarcastic. >.>

What? No, I'm trying to understand what's been going on. There's a concept for K. Rool that's Tropical Freeze-related? What in the **** did I miss?

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I wouldn't say she got so much hate persay, she was hated at first, but most learned to like her when they saw how she played and the unique way they designed the character. And with the amazing amount of artwork created for her, even more than MegaMan (Yeah, Villager and Wii Fit Trainer are, somehow, getting bigger amounts of attention than MegaMan. How? I have no idea, but...it's happening.)

On the subject of K.Rool, I'm sure his design is really similar, it only looks like he's only wearing a bigger crown and his snout looks a little more plump and short, other than that, it looks pretty much the same. Maybe his cape has a pattern on it like his outfit in Super Mario Sluggers, but I'm sure they wouldn't change K.Rool.

Wait...this is Retro Studios we're talking here...what if they created...Meta K.Rool?!

Also:

This is probably fake, but it's interesting none-the-less.
It was made by a guy from gamespot, in the end he owned up to it being fake (dont know if he was trying to self promote his studio or what).

And the new IGN one probably is as well, and if thats his character art under that teaser it is horrendous just based on his body proportions.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
It was made by a guy from gamespot, in the end he owned up to it being fake (dont know if he was trying to self promote his studio or what).

And the new IGN one probably is as well, and if thats his character art under that teaser it is horrendous just based on his body proportions.

Maybe it's meant to be bad graffiti art? Just a hunch.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

Was this actually related to Tropical Freeze, or is the connection that it's proportionally related to K. Rool and has a Viking helmet?

Wait a minute. Hey guys. How did the Vikings even find DK Isle? What if K. Rool sent them after being exiled or away for years, to get his revenge?

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529

I wouldn't deny it being fake, it's just...odd that IGN would put that in their advertisements section for each page, what are they trying to accomplish...you know...aside from pissing people off?

Also...

We've seen a Pirate K.Rool...a Mad Scientist K.Rool...even a Boxer K.Rool...but now...we have a K.Rool...THAT CAN FLY! :p

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Was this actually related to Tropical Freeze, or is the connection that it's proportionally related to K. Rool and has a Viking helmet?

Wait a minute. Hey guys. How did the Vikings even find DK Isle? What if K. Rool sent them after being exiled or away for years, to get his revenge?

Both, I guess. I'm not really sure.

And interesting idea.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529

I actually thought the same thing! XD It would make sense, especially since these enemies just randomly coming out of nowhere from a colder climate to take over a select island? It makes no sense, K.Rool has to have some connection. I wouldn't be surprised if we got a situation like Eggman in Sonic Rush Adventures to be honest.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
There's actually an even better K. Rool that goes over Bowser and uses a Dumb Drum in place on the shell. (Genius, honestly.)

Here:

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
I'm also working on a K. Rool moveset over DK. :) Using a model originally made for D3.

Is it ok if I show a pic of the model here?

But to go back to Tropical Freeze... K. Rool sending them over just makes too much sense. Something fishy is going on here.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm also working on a K. Rool moveset over DK. :) Using a model originally made for D3.

Is it ok if I show a pic of the model here?

But to go back to Tropical Freeze... K. Rool sending them over just makes too much sense. Something fishy is going on here.

Walrus like fish!

Maybe it makes too much sense. I'm guessing they'll sneak K. Rool in there somewhere though. I'm sure they want to give a bit of leeway to their new villains, to flesh them out a bit, but it makes sense to include the Kremling King somewhere in Tropical Freeze.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
If they don't, it'll be strange and disappointing. But I wonder who the new main villain would be now that Tong's gone.

But if K. Rool is the other player character... he wouldn't fight himself... or would he? :O

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Walrus like fish!

Maybe it makes too much sense. I'm guessing they'll sneak K. Rool in there somewhere though. I'm sure they want to give a bit of leeway to their new villains, to flesh them out a bit, but it makes sense to include the Kremling King somewhere in Tropical Freeze.
I know I've said this before, but this whole premise just SCREAMS Sonic Rush Adventures to me. Big bad new villain, leader of a group of sea-faring rebels (Sonic - Pirates, DK - Vikings) who is out to collect something or do something dramatic and huge, but in the end, it turns out that they're not as important as you thought and were just playing the role of lap-dog for the main villain of the franchise...it almost sounds like a complete mirror. :smirk:

If they don't, it'll be strange and disappointing. But I wonder who the new main villain would be now that Tong's gone.

But if K. Rool is the other player character... he wouldn't fight himself... or would he? :O
Time Paradox?

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Time Paradox?

Maybe, although that wouldn't fit the theme of the game too well.

I know I've said this before, but this whole premise just SCREAMS Sonic Rush Adventures to me. Big bad new villain, leader of a group of sea-faring rebels (Sonic - Pirates, DK - Vikings) who is out to collect something or do something dramatic and huge, but in the end, it turns out that they're not as important as you thought and were just playing the role of lap-dog for the main villain of the franchise...it almost sounds like a complete mirror. :smirk:

Hmmm... Also reminds me of Star Fox Adventures...

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Maybe, although that wouldn't fit the theme of the game too well.

Hmmm... Also reminds me of Star Fox Adventures...
Oh my God, I just remembered that regarding Starfox Adventures. So this is definitely something that's been done before in the Nintendo universe, now I'm even more skeptical about it being true, because even if IGN is just being a **** to us fans, it's still possible. :confused:

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Hang on a second...I just thought of something...the date given on that silhouette...isn't that date one of the days of the San Diego Comic-Con? What if...What if K.Rool was revealed for both Tropical Freeze AND Smash 4? I know I'm grasping at as many strings as I can grab...but just give it some thought...

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Hang on a second...I just thought of something...the date given on that silhouette...isn't that date one of the days of the San Diego Comic-Con? What if...What if K.Rool was revealed for both Tropical Freeze AND Smash 4? I know I'm grasping at as many strings as I can grab...but just give it some thought...

Dude, I think I like you. lol

Niiiice, I like the sound of that.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

Hah! That'll be the day. I certainly think that would be an amazing occurrence and would remember that day for the rest of forever as the greatest day in history. However, I'm going to remain skeptical and just hope K. Rool makes an appearance in TF. (And Smash, which I think is even more likely because Sakurai =/= everybody else.)

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
K. Rool appearing in Tropical Freeze wouldn't really guarantee him a place in this Smash, since it's probable that the roster has been decided well in advance, but in the scenario that Sakurai is given behind-the-scenes info about this game, it would basically eliminate every single argument about why he shouldn't be in...and silence the masses crawling from the woodwork to declare Dixie a lock and K. Rool an impossibility.

Top Bottom