• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I am secretly hoping we'll see some of the sunken Crocodile Island from DKC2 as part of some underwater world, or secret world? Or perhaps featured in some levels otherwise.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Have there been many K. Rool posts on Miiverse yet? I've seen ones of Ridley and a few others, but none for the Kremling King...I'd be spamming them if I had a Wii U, but alas, I am waiting on this Smash to decide whether to buy one.

D

Deleted member

Not yet. I would make one if I had a Wii U now, but I don't and I suck at drawing anyway. If I do find one on the Internet, though, I'll post it here.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I think they'd call a potential DKCR with Kremlings simply 'Kremlings' Revenge' or something similar to that. Am hoping they'll make levels both on DK Isle and Crocodile Island. Potentially even the Northen Kremsphere from DKC3.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Have there been many K. Rool posts on Miiverse yet? I've seen ones of Ridley and a few others, but none for the Kremling King...I'd be spamming them if I had a Wii U, but alas, I am waiting on this Smash to decide whether to buy one.

Funny, I've seen a couple on my Miiverse. By a couple, I mean quite a few.

Groose

Smash Champion
Funny, I've seen a couple on my Miiverse. By a couple, I mean quite a few.
Make more! Spam Miiverse into oblivion in the name of your King.

And on a different topic... I just watched this video on Youtube: "King K. Rool's Reaction to not being included in Brawl." Man, it's been ages since I saw that DK cartoon, but I vividly remember where that video was chopped from.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
And may I request to be included in this supporter's list? K. Rool is my favorite Nintendo\ DK villain. He is my only no get char if he isn't in.:love:

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Make more! Spam Miiverse into oblivion in the name of your King.

And on a different topic... I just watched this video on Youtube: "King K. Rool's Reaction to not being included in Brawl." Man, it's been ages since I saw that DK cartoon, but I vividly remember where that video was chopped from.

K. Rool would be proud to hear you say that. ;)

And I did already. I must have posted, like 3?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So did I! I mean, they fit into the world of DKC perfectly! Sure, frogs vs crocs is a nice concept, but apes vs crocs is even more awesome in my opinion.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Not to mention a little more original and interesting, especially K. Rool and his multiple disguises. :D

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Maybe K.Rool was eventually made up to acompany the Kremlings? I really don't know much about Battletoads anyway.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
about miiverse:

^this one's mine^

Yeah, pretty decent support. while looking I also saw big support for Mewtwo, Rayman, and SANDBAG. like, I'm not even kidding. there was like, almost as much sandbag art as K. Rool.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Both the Battletoads and the Kremlings share that Rare style of crude but distinguishable character design. The Kremlings originally being conceived as Battletoads characters would not surprise me one bit.

Now we need to spam Nintendo's phone line with "Do you have Kremlings?"

Luigi player

Smash Master
I don't think K. Rool will make it... unless maybe he has a hidden roll in DKC Tropical Freeze, which I also doubt... (and even if he had, it's likely he still wouldn't make it)

R.I.P. King K. Rool

Maybe Sakurai surprises with him joining Smash, because he sees the crazy moveset potential and some support for him (although the Villager already has crazy moves...).

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I don't see why sakuri wouldn't include K Rool, Ridley and Mewtwo in smash. pretty much the only characters i'm sure are getting in. like, 95% sure.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
about miiverse:

^this one's mine^

Yeah, pretty decent support. while looking I also saw big support for Mewtwo, Rayman, and SANDBAG. like, I'm not even kidding. there was like, almost as much sandbag art as K. Rool.
OMG...Rayman still has a following?! That's great to hear as a fellow fan lol.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
OMG...Rayman still has a following?! That's great to hear as a fellow fan lol.
yeah, going back 3 hours, I remeber seeing like, 3 or 4 rayman drawings. to put it into perspective, I only saw one for crystal, 2 for sora, and the above 4 K. Rool pictures (not counting mine). Mewtwo had about 5 or 6 though.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
If Sakurai doesn't include King K.... Okay, let's not even think like that...

I'm surprised none of my 2 K. Rool arts made it here. lol

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Those are some superb Miiverse drawings, particularly the second and fifth ones. Here's hoping for many more to come.

"K. Rool's reaction to not being included in Brawl" really has stood the test of time, and, even though the same can't really be said for other DKC cartoon YouTube Poops, they're still amusing to rewatch on occasion.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I dont come here much anymore...not outta disrespect just that i dont think there is anything else ro discuss...plus all the talk about K.Rool working with Tikis or adopting a Tiki personality...made me run...i dunno what else to say...

Brawl didnt add a single char for me that i loved or wanted...the newcomer i played as most was Lycario and thats just because there was no Mewtwo...

We gotta get atleast 1 of the big 3! It would be extremely unfair and ******** if we dont i dont care who or how who ever looks at it....

The announcement of both versions having the same roster and that they will be cuts from brawl...doesnt phaze me....

As selfish and bias as it may sound i see it more as payback time...

the char roster is more likely to play into my favor this time round anyway...but im not really fussed about what happens...too much Drama and way to much time to wait till release....

They took my Mewtwo
They Treat Metroid like dirt
Heavyweights always suck
They Nerferd Samus in brawl...(they treat metroid like dirt)
Stupid ****ing space animals been ****** everyone since day1...

All these things effect me and my playstyle....since all Smash games

Surely it has to get better this time in anyway....

Groose

Smash Champion
And may I request to be included in this supporter's list? K. Rool is my favorite Nintendo\ DK villain. He is my only no get char if he isn't in.:love:
Of course! Welcome to the club. Or, as our King would put it...

You're one of us now.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
DIDN'T EVEN USE A REFERENCE PICTURE! AWWW YEAHH!

(If you couldn't tell, I'm really proud of this one.)

Korporal K. Reep

Smash Apprentice
Supposedly there's a GameSpot interview with regards to Tropical Freeze where the rep made sure to say that there will be a 4th character, when asked about a potential 4th Kong. Playable Roolie, anyone? :bee:

Also,
[COLLAPSE="How would you guys feel if..."]
...K. Rool's blunderbuss fired pineapples in SSB4/DKCTF? :awesome:
[/COLLAPSE]

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I don't see King K. Rool appearing in DKC: Tropical Freeze. I don't see him being a final boss (unless a hidden one somewhere in the game) and I definitely don't see him as a 4th playable character; as awesome as either of these would be.

Like BKupa666 said, either King K. Rool will appear in Smash or he will die in obscurity. We are going to have to cross all of our fingers into a possible Smash Bros. appearance.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Nah he won't fade in obscurity yet. It's not like K.Rool is dependant on Retro Studios to be considered at all. I mean, Retro Studios seem to go for new enemies each and every time in each game. However, PAON has succesfully used King K.Rool up to 3 times. And he's even playable in 2 of these appearances, and the other one he's a real legit boss battle.

PAON was involved with Brawl's development to for example. I'm betting they will return to make another Climber-esque game probably for 3DS. As we had King of Swing for GBA, and Jungle Climber for DS. Any DK-inspired racer would also likely be created by them. They used K.Rool in all games they made, and made him playable in 2. And a end boss in 2 as well. They are also the first who ever made him playable. If PAON is involved with Sakurai again, I see this as a big thing for King K.Rool's chances.

There's also Camelot wanting to make a DK64 sequel. And it's unlikely a direct DK64 sequel WOULDN'T have K.Rool in it.

The Vikings in Tropical Freeze aren't a treat to the Kremlings as well. It's much better they opted for new enemies instead of the Tikis again. Cause if we'd have Tikis yet again, we could argue they'd take away the roles of Kremlings as the new main enemies of DKC. Yet, there's no Tiki to be seen yet in Tropical Freeze. And better yet, this make the Kremlings and K.Rool the biggest treat to the Kongs yet, and still the main enemies of the DKC series.

K.Rool WILL return in a Donkey Kong game. His Smash appearance would surely help with this, but it isn't exactly needed. Though, I'd still be estatic if it happened of coarse.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Not sure if it's relevant or not, but I just noticed that Sluggers was developed by Namco Bandai, the same guys who are helping Sakurai with SSB4...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
And in Sluggers he got a new alter ego.

Am hoping he gets a new look in Smash to.

Top Bottom