• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

The Flying Brick

Smash Apprentice
Man, as the Galleon is entering the stormy waters of the final week, only this music goes through my mind, as I stand there among my fellow Kutthroats...
This is it, guys. Let's keep our heads high and our spirits up! 'Tis the least we can do at this point to be hopeful, as we have always been! This ship isn't going down so easy, not if I have anything to say about it!
We will persevere!

Kaptain K. Roolenstein

Smash Apprentice
So close, I can't believe we have to find out what will happen to K. Rool during launch when he had a countless amount of opportunities for him to be revealed or deconfirmed. Regardless, My hope for K. Rool is still up. Also because I feel like sharing:

I was thinking to myself what the Kremlings would do in a third DKC made by Retro. I was thinking up some story scenarios and thought maybe the Kremlings return and K. Rool plans to erupt the volcano of Donkey Kong Island with his Flying Krock which hovers above the volcano so there would be nothing left of the island (a nice step up of taking over the island and having fire be the opposite theme of Tropical Freeze). I think it would be a nice nod to how much more dangerous the Kremlings have gotten since DK64.

Also thought of these:
* The Mechanical Crocodile Isle returns and hooks itself to DK Island and drags it across the sea to the Kremlings new home.
* A reverse of Tropical Freeze, DK island hops to rescue his friends until he comes across the Kremlings new island home made by Retro.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
So close, I can't believe we have to find out what will happen to K. Rool during launch when he had a countless amount of opportunities for him to be revealed or deconfirmed. Regardless, My hope for K. Rool is still up. Also because I feel like sharing:

I was thinking to myself what the Kremlings would do in a third DKC made by Retro. I was thinking up some story scenarios and thought maybe the Kremlings return and K. Rool plans to erupt the volcano of Donkey Kong Island with his Flying Krock which hovers above the volcano so there would be nothing left of the island (a nice step up of taking over the island and having fire be the opposite theme of Tropical Freeze). I think it would be a nice nod to how much more dangerous the Kremlings have gotten since DK64.

Also thought of these:
* The Mechanical Crocodile Isle returns and hooks itself to DK Island and drags it across the sea to the Kremlings new home.
* A reverse of Tropical Freeze, DK island hops to rescue his friends until he comes across the Kremlings new island home made by Retro.
So revenge for the Kongs sinking their home in DKC2? Eye for a bloodshot eye? I like it.

I know Tropical Freeze already addressed water levels, but I see a lot of potential for them with that aesthetic. Levels that are half sunk, toxic tower water chase levels, pirate levels, and maybe new kremlings varieties that actually take advantage of the fact they're crocodiles.

Kaptain K. Roolenstein

Smash Apprentice
So revenge for the Kongs sinking their home in DKC2? Eye for a bloodshot eye? I like it.

I know Tropical Freeze already addressed water levels, but I see a lot of potential for them with that aesthetic. Levels that are half sunk, toxic tower water chase levels, pirate levels, and maybe new kremlings varieties that actually take advantage of the fact they're crocodiles.
For some reason I had a funny mental image of Kritters wearing scuba gear to stay underwater despite the fact that their crocodiles.

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
Guys, I just read in one of the news thread, we may get to see something new on Sep. 12 (the same date that smash is released for japan), but this will be the final stream though.

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
Yea Nintendo is doing a live stream for the Japanese release of the 3DS version on the 12th (this Friday). We may get a look at the final roster...and we WILL see K. Rool there. I'm really feeling it!!:p

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yea Nintendo is doing a live stream for the Japanese release of the 3DS version on the 12th (this Friday). We may get a look at the final roster...and we WILL see K. Rool there. I'm really feeling it!!:p
Don't jinx it.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
I'm 99% sure we won't see the full roster there. If we're lucky we might get a newcomer, but I honestly wouldn't expect that much.

That said, I hope I'm wrong.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Still excited for the King. That "Dixie" recolour doesn't mean anything, but I feel much better about him than I did when the leak came out.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
I've been playing Kirby 64 recently, and it got me thinking: Were people calling Meta Knight irrelevant even though it took him 15 years to appear again in a "proper" home console release? Since detractors love pretending that the Paon games don't exist, let's ignore everything that came out before Kirby's Return to Dream Land.

Kirby's Dream Land (1992) No Meta Knight
Kirby's Adventure (1993)
Kirby's Pinball Land (1993) No Meta Knight
Kirby's Dream Course (1994) No Meta Knight
Kirby's Avalanche (1995) No Meta Knight
Kirby's Dream Land 2 (1995) No Meta Knight
Kirby's Block Ball (1996) No Meta Knight
Kirby Super Star (1996) ✓
Kirby's Star Stacker (1997) No Meta Knight
Kirby's Dream Land 3 (1997) No Meta Knight
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards (2000) No Meta Knight
Super Smash Bros. Melee (2001)
Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land (2002) Handheld remake
Kirby Air Ride (2003) Unlockable character
Kirby & The Amazing Mirror (2004)
Kirby: Canvas Curse (2005) No Meta Knight
Kirby Squeak Squad (2007)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (2008)

7 appearances in total, and a 12 year difference between his last appearance in a mainline console game and his debut as a playable character in Smash Bros.

Donkey Kong Country (1994)
Donkey Kong Land (1995)
Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest (1995)
Donkey Kong Land 2 (1996)
Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble (1996)
Donkey Kong Land III (1997)
Donkey Kong 64 (1999) ✓
Donkey Kong Country (2000) Handheld remake
Super Smash Bros. Melee (2001)
Donkey Kong Country (2003) Handheld remake
Donkey Konga (2004)
Donkey Kong Country 2 (2004) Handheld remake
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (2004) No K. Rool
Donkey Konga 2 (2005) No K. Rool
DK: King of Swing (2005)
Donkey Kong Country 3 (2005) Handheld remake
DK Jungle Climber (2007)
Donkey Kong Barrel Blast (2007) Unlockable character
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (2008)
Mario Super Sluggers (2008) Unlockable character
Donkey Kong Country Returns (2010) No K. Rool
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (2013) No K. Rool
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (2014) No K. Rool
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U (2014) ???

18 appearances in total, and a 15 year difference between his last appearance in a mainline console game and his debut as a playable character in Smash Bros.

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Sorry for trying to be optimistic, jeez.

I also said it MAY be shown. Not that confident, but hey you never know.
I meant about the comment "we WILL see K. Rool" because there's no guarantee that'll happen. Optimism is fine, but don't expect anything. I'm optimistic for K. Rool, but I don't "expect" him to appear, and even if he is in I don't "expect" him to be revealed specifically at this event in any way, shape, or form.

lelelelelel

Smash Apprentice

Also thought of these:
I would like to see the kremlings taking control of the animal buddies with a machine or something that makes them grow bigger, the last level of each world is a boss fight with one of them and if you win you can use that animal buddy for the rest of the game :p

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
Ode to the King, the Kongs payback time will finally be at hand!!!

Thank you so much for sharing that. The remix is so freakin beautiful and rightfully represents how epic K. Rool is! Only 3 more days left! Still have hope everyone!!

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Thank you so much for sharing that. The remix is so freakin beautiful and rightfully represents how epic K. Rool is! Only 3 more days left! Still have hope everyone!!
I just subscribed to this guy today, Ive been listening to his music the past 2 hours lol he is amazing, he needs to get into video game music if he hasnt already.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Rumors of the game being sold early are floating around. If it's true, we can expect new information. As I go to bed now, here's hoping I wake up to see that years of hoping and dreaming have finally true, and King K. Rool is finally playable in Super Smash Brothers.

To be brutally honest, I don't expect him. Regardless of his many, many merits, this game's questionable roster decisions set an ominous tone for his chances. Still, I doubted Mega Man, and look what happened. The Kritters in Smash Run show that at the very least, the Kremling Krew has not been totally abandoned. Let's hope his sheer popularity from us and others can land him the spot he deserves.

THE END?

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Rumors of the game being sold early are floating around. If it's true, we can expect new information. As I go to bed now, here's hoping I wake up to see that years of hoping and dreaming have finally true, and King K. Rool is finally playable in Super Smash Brothers.

To be brutally honest, I don't expect him. Regardless of his many, many merits, this game's questionable roster decisions set an ominous tone for his chances. Still, I doubted Mega Man, and look what happened. The Kritters in Smash Run show that at the very least, the Kremling Krew has not been totally abandoned. Let's hope his sheer popularity from us and others can land him the spot he deserves.

THE END?
Although I don't agree (for the most part) on the "questionable roster decisions", I must say the fact that most of the heavily requested characters are in (and Ridley and Mewtwo being very likely at this point) is the best hint we have towards K. Rool being playable.

If that is true and the game is jumping around Japan already, then I guess we'll know the fate of our king soon.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
This is the only time, September 12, that I could have seen K Rool being announced BEFORE GAME.
If he was going to be.

I never thought he would be anything other than final hour or post fact.

This is my first time being excited, first time seeing an actual possibility.
Happy Hannukah, Duke!

KingZing

Smash Journeyman

I believe the Kremling King
Always gonna shine again, and
I believe a banana hoard
Waits for it to be sto-len
I believe in crushing Donkey Kong
Why shouldn't I believe the same in K. Rool?

I believe in make believe
Monkey tales and crocodiles, and
I believe in promises,
spoken as you destroy DK - Isle
I believe in crushing all the Kongs

You may say I'm a fool,
Feelin' the way that I do
You can call me-a hardcore Kutthroat
Say I'm crazy as Cranky Kong
I believe in golden linings
and that's why I believe in K. Rool!

(...)

I believe there'll come a day
Maybe it'll be tomorrow
When the Krem Krew sails away
All we have to do is follow
I believe our dream can still come true

You may say I'm a fool,
I believe in K. Rool for Smash 4
All the wonders Sakurai can do
I believe in his team's magic
and that's why I believe in K. Rool!

You may say I'm a fool,
There's not much I can do
I'm gonna be with K. Rool my live through

'Cause I still believe in miracles
And Sakurai's done a few
And the time will surely come
when you can see the King's point of view
I believe in second chances
AND THAT'S WHY I BELIEVE IN K. ROOL!!

Stay strong fellow Kutthroats!

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I colored this page from an old black and white DKC manga, may be Super Mario Kun (don't know). Kinda reminds me of the Kutthroats here in this thread, which is why I chose to color it.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
If you believe, then you will receive.
If you do not believe, what can you achieve?
If you do not believe, you might as well leave.
So says Christopher Reeve.

BELIEVE
That face cannot deceive.

Devil G.

Smash Apprentice
I'm digging this tension, we'll know for sure if the King is in either today or tomorrow.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Just a few more days.. just a few more days..

Come to think of it, it's everyone's last chance in a few more days. This entire section will probably be closed once the game releases. :(

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Just a few more days.. just a few more days..

Come to think of it, it's everyone's last chance in a few more days. This entire section will probably be closed once the game releases. :(
Not exactly

It will close once sakurai reveals the final character that was not revealed yet.

SeatreasureReturned

Smash Apprentice
As a DIxie Kong supporter I want to wish you all the best of luck these next couple days. It would be a crime not to get a new DK rep. So if not my favorite nintendo character, I hope K.Rool makes the cut.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

Also thought of these:
Yeah, I've been thinking about the plot to DKCR3 a lot myself. . .your idea is certainly one of the better ones I've read.

I'm hoping for a game that basically corrects the final few oversights Retro left over from Tropical Freeze:

--More Animal Buddies (they've addressed this in an interview)
--Bonus rooms that aren't repetitive and flow-breaking (Tropical Freeze has concept art of unique bonus rooms)
--Kremlings (Tanabe said 'No Kremlings this time' with Tropical Freeze, leaving the door open in the future, and thanks to Smash, over the past two years, the fanbase has largely shifted its demands from "Not Tikis" to "Kremlings, damn it," which can't hurt)

If next game checks all these boxes and keeps up everything Tropical Freeze did well, it really has the potential to become the best DKC of all time.

Last edited:
NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
As a DIxie Kong supporter I want to wish you all the best of luck these next couple days. It would be a crime not to get a new DK rep. So if not my favorite nintendo character, I hope K.Rool makes the cut.
The funny thing is both of them could still make it. And I would love it if that happened. DK deserves more love, and so far the series hasn't had any.

Top Bottom