• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
Welp... never played a game in the series before. Time to prepare for the inevitable on Saturday.
May as well. If Nintendo are gunna be coy about releasing them on eShop...

Have fun! A lot of love went in to these games. Hope you'll see why they're so treasured by myself and almost everyone else.

DKC1's my favourite because of just how perfect it feels. (Nostalgia plays a big factor to be sure but as far as I'm concerned nostalgia should never be used as a reason against someone's opinion. There's got to something special to evoke that kind of beloved memory.)

DKC2's defo the hardest by a large margin just to forewarn you. So don't feel bad if it kicks your behind. We've all been there. (It's the reason why it's my least favourite. I do like it but I like winning more. ;p But it's hailed as the best one for whatever so...meh.)

DK3 is an in-betweener. But arcs more to the first game's difficulty in my opinion with some hard ones for the hardcore.

Last edited:

Sanastro

Smash Rookie
Suddenly more optimistic for the good King K.Rool to be playable. The whole "Final Five" thing and Diddy's Dixie alt are getting me excited. Let's see what this week gives us, boys.
Don't forget that the 3 Mii fighters are not included in the picture of the "final roster"....Most likely, we only have 2-4 slots left ...

Just a guess, how the roster could be rearranged:

Version1:

Version2:

Especially with version1, there is still hope for the King :]

Last edited:

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
Don't forget that the 3 Mii fighters are not included in the picture of the "final roster"....Most likely, we only have 2-4 slots left ...

Version1:

Version2:

The first one seems pretty likely, however I don't really think there is going to be another Star Fox character :/

I'm gonna be pretty mad if all 3 miis get their own slot too

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
You seem so upset. Tell ya what, if K. Rool makes it in, I will change my avatar to a photo of myself with the biggest, sunniest, most idiotic smile of pure glee and happiness that you could ever imagine.

Also, did anything come of the guy on Gamefaqs who said he would liveblog?

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
You seem so upset. Tell ya what, if K. Rool makes it in, I will change my avatar to a photo of myself with the biggest, sunniest, most idiotic smile of pure glee and happiness that you could ever imagine.
:D

Hyle "Slush" Russell

Smash Cadet
Diddy, Dixie, Cranky and Funky all got bombarded with the "BAWWWWW RARE CHARACTER = BAD" reactions on crap boards like NeoGAF as well before they appeared in Brawl/Returns/Mario Kart/Tropical Freeze. You can dig back through the old "Diddy for Brawl" thread and see people coming in before his reveal and calling him a "stupid ugly monkey who replaced DK Jr." for no apparent reason other than trying to dictate public opinion. None of those people are still around today. K. Rool will follow in their footsteps sooner or later.
Yeah, and it all comes from them being

1. Western-developed characters that certain Japanophile Nintendo fans have no time for.
2. Hating them for the simple fact that Rare made them and they feel compelled to hate Rare because they're now "the enemy", despite most Rare fans (and probably Rare employees) wishing they could still be with Nintendo.

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I would just like to say that it's really been fun talking to you guys on here, I've grown to love the DK franchise even more. It's amazing to me why Nintendo has'nt tried to sell it out as much like they've always been doing with mario, zelda, and pokemon. I mean c'mon, where can I find some cool DK and kremling shirts at my lical clthes store or some cool DK cups and action figures? Mario and Zelda are my favorite game franchises too but am I the only one here who thinks DK (and possibly Metroid) is underrated despite how well known it is?

Hyle "Slush" Russell

Smash Cadet
I would just like to say that it's really been fun talking to you guys on here, I've grown to love the DK franchise even more. It's amazing to me why Nintendo has'nt tried to sell it out as much like they've always been doing with mario, zelda, and pokemon. I mean c'mon, where can I find some cool DK and kremling shirts at my lical clthes store or some cool DK cups and action figures? Mario and Zelda are my favorite game franchises too but am I the only one here who thinks DK (and possibly Metroid) is underrated despite how well known it is?
I've been running DK Vine for 15 years and most people think we're a bunch of nutters for being a Donkey Kong fan site. It seems like it's only acceptable to be a fan of Mario, Pokemon, or Zelda (the top three selling Nintendo franchises) or a fan of one of the smaller series like Metroid or Star Fox, or a fan of one of the much smaller, essentially discontinued series like F-Zero or Earthbound. DK, being the fourth-bestselling Nintendo franchise, is always overlooked. It's massively successful but the online community has no time for it, possibly because the Internet became a household fixture just as the Rare buyout occurred and the "common wisdom" is that Donkey Kong Country is overrated.

You know what's been great about this thread and the K. Rool campaign in general? Even if we don't get K. Rool, and even if Donkey Kong fans get NOTHING, it's still made a crack in the online perception of K. Rool and DKC. More people know of K. Rool and are fans of K. Rool than ever before. If he's not in the game and if DK fans get jilted, it'll be the first time that the general Internet opinion will view DK getting screwed as a massive injustice. That bodes great for the future, and I salute you Kutthroats for helping making that happen.

BertholdtFubar

Smash Cadet
I've been running DK Vine for 15 years and most people think we're a bunch of nutters for being a Donkey Kong fan site. It seems like it's only acceptable to be a fan of Mario, Pokemon, or Zelda (the top three selling Nintendo franchises) or a fan of one of the smaller series like Metroid or Star Fox, or a fan of one of the much smaller, essentially discontinued series like F-Zero or Earthbound. DK, being the fourth-bestselling Nintendo franchise, is always overlooked. It's massively successful but the online community has no time for it, possibly because the Internet became a household fixture just as the Rare buyout occurred and the "common wisdom" is that Donkey Kong Country is overrated.

You know what's been great about this thread and the K. Rool campaign in general? Even if we don't get K. Rool, and even if Donkey Kong fans get NOTHING, it's still made a crack in the online perception of K. Rool and DKC. More people know of K. Rool and are fans of K. Rool than ever before. If he's not in the game and if DK fans get jilted, it'll be the first time that the general Internet opinion will view DK getting screwed as a massive injustice. That bodes great for the future, and I salute you Kutthroats for helping making that happen.
Holy hell, I remember DK Vine from years and years ago, particularly reading the miscellaneous features and top 10s. It's amazing that it was posting those things as far back as 1999. Hell, I even remember the names Chad and Slush as the two main figures there if memory serves.

And I do agree; if DK fans don't get either Dixie or K. Rool, that would be completely unjust. 2 new Fire Emblem reps, 2 new Kid Icarus reps, and no new reps for Donkey Kong, which outsells both of those? It just doesn't seem right.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well, Diddy still has the Dixie colour palette.

Looks like that pretty much deconfirms her. :(
Mario had the Wario color. That didn't deconfirm Wario.

Don't deep read it.

Dixie still has a shot, and hopefully she gets in along with K. Rool (and Ridley and Mewtwo and many characters in Brawl).

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
With how close we are to the possibility of an official K. Rool render... I thought it would be nice to go back to a moment when we all banded together for the glory of our Kremling King. We can't give up yet, we don't know if he'll be there or not...

Remember, no crying until the end.

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman

I discovered DK Vine through this forum and while I've mostly been intimidated by the hardcore-ness at first it feels like a home away from home.

It's refreshing to see, read, look and listen to stuff that both takes itself seriously and not at all at the same time*. It's a level of non-BS I've never experienced in a long time.

*It's quite inspiring too...! ;) ( http://www.dkvine.com/games/gallery/albums/fan_artwork/bellboy64/thekryinggame.jpg )
Seriously. Those are the best eyes I've ever done. I'm still kinda shocked by it. My creep powers must've been on blast that few days...

Ryuji

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ryuji777x
3DS FC
0044-3176-2969
That's one thing the DK series need more of - merchandise to promote it. How awesome would it be if you could buy a K.Rool crown or even a costume? Hell, even a plushie or pez candy would be decent paraphernalia. It really is a shame that it doesn't get more attention.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Oh, wow, hey Hyle! I joined DK Vine but I never got into chatting yet... I only made one post, but I might look around again later.

The big thing I'm seeing here is K. Rool has so much support worldwide. Even if DK gets the shaft in Smash Bros., Nintendo has to see how much K. Rool is wanted overall to come back to the franchise. I was surprised to find that apparently K. Rool is the #3 most wanted character overall, and the #1 most wanted Nintendo newcomer. That's amazing, and there's so much support for DK getting more content in general.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
It's nice to see all of you so full of optimism all of a sudden. Things are looking good for K. Rool, with all this "the CSS isn't final", and Sakurai listening to what fans want (Fierce Deity and stuff...)

Let's stay together until the galleon sinks, or until it reaches its destination safe and sound.

Devil G.

Smash Apprentice

Version1:

Version2:

Miis use their own menu, mate.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
The optimism in this thread harkens back to the older days, where we were just as amazingly hopeful for our king.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Doesn't every possible mock up of a "completed" css that follows the dates show that it's impossible for Dk to have a new rep. I thought if following the rules of the "launch dates" the css seems to go with it's only possible for dixie to be added with the "Clones" Correct me if im wrong here.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Doesn't every possible mock up of a "completed" css that follows the dates show that it's impossible for Dk to have a new rep. I thought if following the rules of the "launch dates" the css seems to go with it's only possible for dixie to be added with the "Clones" Correct me if im wrong here.
The position of the character in the roster can change a lot as you unlock characters. Check Brawl for proof of this. When you unlocked a character, everything changed to fit that character, until it ended up placing everyone where they should be. I did a roster prediction a while ago with the confirmed newcomers and the 5 secret ones, and K. Rool fits perfectly there.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'd like his crowd chant to be something more like...

"King K. Rool! *eugh!* King K. Rool! *eugh!*" *The eugh is meant to be the crowd mimicking the sound Rool makes in DKC*

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Diddy, Dixie, Cranky and Funky all got bombarded with the "BAWWWWW RARE CHARACTER = BAD" reactions on crap boards like NeoGAF as well before they appeared in Brawl/Returns/Mario Kart/Tropical Freeze. You can dig back through the old "Diddy for Brawl" thread and see people coming in before his reveal and calling him a "stupid ugly monkey who replaced DK Jr." for no apparent reason other than trying to dictate public opinion. None of those people are still around today. K. Rool will follow in their footsteps sooner or later.
Speaking of terrible arguments, I saw a dumb post right here that stated this, "Don’t flatter yourself. As a villain from a spinoff series, you never had a chance to begin with."

Some people...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Speaking of terrible arguments, I saw a dumb post right here that stated this, "Don’t flatter yourself. As a villain from a spinoff series, you never had a chance to begin with."

Some people...
It warms my heart to see how quickly people went against him though. :p

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

Some people...
You're seeing that caliber of "argument" even on Smashboards. Just people tired of other users talking about a character they want, stupidly claiming "he never had a chance to begin with" or "he was always unlikely" as if they were Sakurai in the flesh.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
You guys probably already know but I would just like to say that there will be a live direct from ninteno treehouse covering 8 hours of super smash bros. gameplay and it's final product. And it's on Sept. 12. Hope we get at least one or even two more character reveals within that time.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
You guys probably already know but I would just like to say that there will be a live direct from ninteno treehouse covering 8 hours of super smash bros. gameplay and it's final product. And it's on Sept. 12. Hope we get at least one or even two more character reveals within that time.
Nope, the Tree House will be 8 hours in which they'll play some final Smash Bros 4. But they'll also show new 3DS and Wii U things. It's not 8 hours just for Smash. Just to clarify.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
If k rool is announced I will go ****ing crazy. Seeing the other confirmed character threads explode with hype will be nothing compared to this. I tired of feeling disappointed by this games roster. PROVR ME WRONG SAKURAI, UNLEASH THE KING UNTO THE WORLD!

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
I doubt it. And besides, the entire game will probably be leaked within the next 48 hours. We K. Rool supporters should be holding out for the Wii U version. If there's a Gangplank Galleon stage, that's where it will be.

Kickback

Smash Cadet
I doubt it. And besides, the entire game will probably be leaked within the next 48 hours. We K. Rool supporters should be holding out for the Wii U version. If there's a Gangplank Galleon stage, that's where it will be.
well nintendolife said that there would be some reveals before the launch of smbros 3ds japan editon. Me personally hope they reveal a playable demo for the rest of the world so we have something else to do besides envying the japanese gamers while we wait.. Oh and K.rool as a playable character

Last edited:

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Hopefully in this livestream they won't have their little "treat" be some Nintendo reps playing Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels

SmilingMad

Smash Lord

Version1:

Version2:

The shape of the roster is not going to stop any character from getting in anyway. It's as if the roster is completely unable to shift things around, which it isn't.

I'm hoping for one, but I'm not going to expect any characters I'd really like to see. K.Rool or Ridley would be awesome but I like to be on the safe side.

Top Bottom