• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

BertholdtFubar

Smash Cadet
Well, we're at the home stretch, people. The game's in Japanese stores, a leak within the next 1-2 days is inevitable.

I think the complete lack of any DK content whatsoever is either one of two things:

It could mean that Sakurai completely neglected the franchise this installment, or...

It could mean that there's a whole deluge of DK-related info that has been kept under wraps, perhaps to be revealed all at once. And maybe, just maybe, K. Rool (or at the very least Dixie) being playable.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I just realized, Starfox will be the first series to go down in number of reps. Wow.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
There are a few things that are notable though, like DK finally getting his iconic roll in his moveset, his crowd chant is now reminiscent of the rap song from 64, Chunky Kong AT, and of course, KREMLINGS (who also use attacks from a very specific scene in 64).

The question is if these changes/additions are all there is, or just the tip of the iceberg.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I just realized, Starfox will be the first series to go down in number of reps. Wow.
Nope, Mother's roster will be cut in half with the loss of Lucas, and two entire franchise representations will be lost with Ice Climbers and Snake getting the axe (though admittedly I don't care at all for Snake).

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Nope, Mother's roster will be cut in half with the loss of Lucas, and two entire franchise representations will be lost with Ice Climbers and Snake getting the axe (though admittedly I don't care at all for Snake).
Losing Lucas hurts a hell of a lot. I hope he at least ends up as an alt for Ness, as the poor kid can never catch a break.

Guys, they had to stiff DK and Star Fox. They had to make room for all the Kid Icarus content!
Are you trying to give me a frustration induced stroke?

There are a few things that are notable though, like DK finally getting his iconic roll in his moveset, his crowd chant is now reminiscent of the rap song from 64, Chunky Kong AT, and of course, KREMLINGS (who also use attacks from a very specific scene in 64).

The question is if these changes/additions are all there is, or just the tip of the iceberg.
That's the thing. It seems so strange that this many references would be added (though the Kritter attack could be a coincidence), but there's so little representation overall.

BertholdtFubar

Smash Cadet
A Gangplank Galleon reveal along with K. Rool would be absolutely amazing. However, for some reason, I have a bad feeling about the DK series in this game. I hope the final five will prove me wrong, but until then, I'm just holding my breath for the inevitable leaks.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
A Gangplank Galleon reveal along with K. Rool would be absolutely amazing. However, for some reason, I have a bad feeling about the DK series in this game. I hope the final five will prove me wrong, but until then, I'm just holding my breath for the inevitable leaks.
I still highly doubt we've got any sort of "Final 5." I think either 2 more characters or 6-7 more is more likely than specifically 5. Based on the starting roster compared to the leaked roster, I'd bet that the final row never changes, and if it does, its only to add in Mii Fighters or add 1-2 characters max, otherwise they'll just keep expanding above the final row with columns/rows.

D

Deleted member

Sakurai, Let K. Rool Get Into Smash Bros! I still have hope for K. Rool since he hasn't been shown off at all but the Kremlings have, and the All-Star lock. But seriously, this show's songs are the best. Like the Diddy Drop Rap with K. Rool.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
A DK trailer revealing K. Rool or both him and Dixie would be the best character reveal trailer since Mega Man imo.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
The Pac-Man trailer was the most hype for me, even if it was the lamest one. I was practically crying when watching it. A K. Rool trailer will make me flood the room with tears.

Kaptain K. Roolenstein

Smash Apprentice
I would like to see the kremlings taking control of the animal buddies with a machine or something that makes them grow bigger, the last level of each world is a boss fight with one of them and if you win you can use that animal buddy for the rest of the game :p
I love it! It would also make for a great excuse to reintroduce the animal buddies again so they can go really crazy with them (heck they can even leave their mark by making a few animal buddies of their own). I'd imagine Squitters boss fight to be really crazy.

Yeah, I've been thinking about the plot to DKCR3 a lot myself. . .your idea is certainly one of the better ones I've read.

I'm hoping for a game that basically corrects the final few oversights Retro left over from Tropical Freeze:

--More Animal Buddies (they've addressed this in an interview)
--Bonus rooms that aren't repetitive and flow-breaking (Tropical Freeze has concept art of unique bonus rooms)
--Kremlings (Tanabe said 'No Kremlings this time' with Tropical Freeze, leaving the door open in the future, and thanks to Smash, over the past two years, the fanbase has largely shifted its demands from "Not Tikis" to "Kremlings, damn it," which can't hurt)

If next game checks all these boxes and keeps up everything Tropical Freeze did well, it really has the potential to become the best DKC of all time.
Thanks, I remember when Retro was going on about water levels, I thought to myself Enguarde was in for sure. Snap! I agree with all the other points, more animal buddies would bring more variety (maybe like the old school DKC games have an animal buddy fight against a boss). I also miss the variety of bonus levels like "Bash the Baddies" or "Find the Exit" along with the bonus level matching with the theme of the level.

One fear I had with the new DKC games were the Kremlings fading from everyone's memory, when really with each subsequent Country game and even a Smash Bros, people are kind of demanding the Kremlings and King K. Rool more and more. Win or lose, I feel as though the Kremlings are in a much better spot than before with demand on the rise.

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
K. rool would be AWESOME next to the likes of ridley and mewtwo. tons of personality, nearly indefinite moveset possibilities.... not to mention all his alt costumes (king, captain, mad scientist, boxer. egyptian pharoh)... also helps that i love the big fat guy.... consider me a kremling cutthroat! (can i be the kruncha? XD)

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
The Pac-Man trailer was the most hype for me, even if it was the lamest one. I was practically crying when watching it. A K. Rool trailer will make me flood the room with tears.
I watched the Pac-Man trailer at least 30 times back when it was first on the website since it was so hype for me. If there is a K. Rool trailer, I will watch it hundreds of times. No freakin joke.

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
hmmm what i was thinking for his final smash he remotely controls his island into the fray, then it fires the blast o matic to destroy everything onscreen.... thing is it has a long charge time (about 20 seconds) where k rool would have to fend off everyone. if he gets kod.... the countdown ends in a dud. XD

SmashWarrior202

Smash Cadet
NNID
Smashmatt202
3DS FC
1633-4497-7356
So here's my deal with King K. Rool: I do kind of want him for Super Smash Bros., but not as badly as others. In fact, I'm kind of surprised at how much support and backing he has, not jus ton this forum, but in general! Hell, someone told me he's a more popular choice then Ridley in Japan (since Donkey Kong games are apparently more popular then Metroid games over there).

But here's how I view it... I want King K. Rool AND Dixie Kong, otherwise I don't really want either. To me, those two would complete the Donkey Kong roster, fill it out nicely, since those four are the major players of that series. If either Dixie or K. Rool aren't present, I don't really want to bother with either. It would be like including Peach over Bowser or Bowser over Peach, it just wouldn't feel right. If one or the other IS confirmed but not bother, I'd be fine with it, I'll just hope that by the next game the other will be included, and thus the DK roster will be complete!

...Of course, if CRANKY KONG were included instead of Dixie Kong and/or King K. Rool I'd be perfectly fine with that! ;)

But yeah, King K. Rool seems like a cool addition. He'd be the king of all heavyweights, and likely the heaviest of them all. I don't know if it'll be likely, given that the Kremlings haven't appeared in Donkey Kong Country Returns OR Tropical Freeze, but if there's one thing being in the Smash Community has showed me, it's that the K. Rool following is both vocal and numerous, even in Japan, to the point that I'd think Sakurai would have to acknowledge them at some point. Here's hoping, for your guys' sake, that he makes it.

Mistress Nicole

Smash Apprentice
K. rool would be AWESOME next to the likes of ridley and mewtwo. tons of personality, nearly indefinite moveset possibilities.... not to mention all his alt costumes (king, captain, mad scientist, boxer. egyptian pharoh)... also helps that i love the big fat guy.... consider me a kremling cutthroat! (can i be the kruncha? XD)
You know what that means...

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I watched the Pac-Man trailer at least 30 times back when it was first on the website since it was so hype for me. If there is a K. Rool trailer, I will watch it hundreds of times. No freakin joke.
I watched the Pac-Man trailer a couple of times, but I probably watched the Robin trailer about 50 times. K. Rool would definitely be one I rewatch a LOT. :D

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Nuh-uh, it would be the best character reveal trailer in the history of Smash.
Throw in Ridley or any veteran and I will officially be spaded and neutered.

The hype I had when we got 5 newcomers confirmed in Melee (along with 10 of the 12 veterans) ALL AT ONCE would NOT COMPARE!!!

===

Also, if you're REALLLLLLLLLLY a K. Rool fan, if your reaction isn't at least on par with this if WHEN K. Rool is confirmed as a playable character, shame on you!!!

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Honestly, I can't believe that we're only days away from the release of the game and I still don't know the fate of my king. I've already waited longer than I should have to know the truth, so I expect nothing less than what I've been wanting. If K. Rool isn't playable, then all my waiting was for nothing? The Smash Run kritters never meant anything? Would Sakurai really wait til the release of the game to destroy my hopes and dreams? I can't accept that. My Kremling King, I know I will get the chance to play as you! I believe in you, Rool! You can't lose!

Last edited:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
A DK trailer revealing K. Rool or both him and Dixie would be the best character reveal trailer since Mega Man imo.
That would be mega hype right there. My favorite trailers are the Little Mac (The punch is mightier than the sword!), Robin/Lucina, and Mega Man trailers. The K. Rool trailer would be put on infinite loop. :grin: Also, can't wait for Ridley's reveal too!

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
as i watch this... HOW THE **** DOES A LIZARD MISTAKE AN APE WITH AN EYEPATCH AND PIRATE HAT AS HIS OWN RACE!?!?!?
donkey kong you are an idiot. <w<
He's not an idiot, he's just got amnesia. You'd need to watch the whole episode to figure it out. At the beginning of the episode, Donkey Kong hits his head on something pretty hard and loses his memory, wanders off, and Skurvy (the pirate) tries to convince DK he's a crocodile pirate, which is where he gets the eyepatch. He tricks DK with a fake mirror ("The Mirror Never Lies"). Admittedly, DK isn't THAT smart, so he does fall for it.

Later on he's wandering around acting like a pirate and King K. Rool shows up to try and trick DK as well, having figured out DK has amnesia. Then K. Rool sings "One of Us."

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
It's odd. Even though I technically got who I wanted most (:4megaman:), my hopes and desires for K. Rool are at the same level as they were for Mega Man. That is to say the game would not feel complete without adding him. I know this goes without saying, but I really hope he makes it. I really do.

I can't take this much longer. The tension is killing me.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I just want to see a reveal trailer with that loveable fat croc appear on my screen with a remix theme of gangplank galleon playing(crocodile cacophony would be cool too but gg would be my ideal nerdgasm) as he kicks all the other characters butts then have it end with him and his protagonists (dk and diddy and possibly dixie) staring down at eachother before leaping at one another(maybe have his kremlings follow along with him as backup) for the final battle before cutting to the ssb logo.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I'm not sure whether we'll get a trailer or not on Friday. For awhile now I've though that unlockables were never going to be revealed. That explains why certain vets haven't been revealed this late on. The demo roster also had every revealed character except Lucina, which leads me to believe that that is the starting roster.

Sanastro

Smash Rookie
Just a little image that I've found to keep up the hope:

King K Rool confirmed ;-)

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
It's odd. Even though I technically got who I wanted most (:4megaman:), my hopes and desires for K. Rool are at the same level as they were for Mega Man. That is to say the game would not feel complete without adding him. I know this goes without saying, but I really hope he makes it. I really do.

I can't take this much longer. The tension is killing me.
i feel the same for wolf

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
IDK why, but I just imagined a Trailer for him exactly like Shulk's, except Bowser is King K. Rool, and Shulk being DK, except this time King. K Rool no-scopes DK with a blunderbuss when he jumps out the bushes and laughs. Followed by Diddy and Dixie twin-attacking as Marth and Link, with the King doing epic dodges before knocking one out with his crown and the other with kannonball.

Top Bottom