• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
I will try to post in the thread some more before Friday. But the first thing I will do is look for the full roster and see if K. Rool is there. I actually will completely disregard any other character until I know K. Rool's fate. I hope everyone has some hope left. We only have less than 48 hours remaining...the hype is real.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Y'know, I've been studying this evidence again for whatever reason, and something just hit me.

Neo Zero says that it's not final, but he was pretty suspicious about what that meant. Is it possible that it's all we're getting now, but there will be Wii U exclusive characters, that'll end up as free 3DS DLC, similar to what Johnknight is saying? Could that explain K. Rool's current absence?
I am a supporter of the idea there will be more characters - both because the leakers have said so, and because Mewtwo has not yet been shown and I am very confident for him. Whether K. Rool gets the spot or not is a different matter. I think by this point there aren't many possibilities left that people are considering for the 5 characters - Mewtwo, Dixie, K. Rool, Ridley, Chorus Kids, and the few remaining Brawl veterans. My personal best scenario would be Mewtwo, K.Rool, Ice Climbers, and any other two (of which I would rate Dixie/Chorus Kids highest) but there you go.

Either way I am stoked for the roster (need some optimism here!). I count at least 20 characters in the current (including leak) roster I am looking forward to trying so ultimately by now K.Rool would be the icing on the cake.

ReynTime

Smash Rookie
After playing DK64 I see no reason not to include K.Rool, all the move set potential in the world right there.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Anyways, everyone knows Sakarui is biased as ****.
It would not surprise me if we don't get a new Metroid or DK rep this game because Sakarui would rather there be 13 kid icarus enemies and items and a nice sexy stripper pole dance for palatuana.

I'm not ****ing joking about this http://i.imgur.com/Qf16whK.jpg
It's like he's making fun of us. And no doubt this will inspire more from my least favorite type of Smash Bros. fan.

I'll forgive everything if K. Rool gets a sexy striptease.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Wow in two days we'll know the fate of our great King. Doesn't feel real despite all of the excitement I have to see what they have to reveal Friday and what else we can find out with the Japanese release. For whatever reason I'm more confident than ever we're going to see him, it's weird really. I shouldn't be expecting so much, and part of me is afraid we've seen the full roster, but you know what, I still completely expect to see our King K. Rool playable within these next couple of days!

God I hope I'm right...

BertholdtFubar

Smash Cadet
It's like he's making fun of us. And no doubt this will inspire more from my least favorite type of Smash Bros. fan.

I'll forgive everything if K. Rool gets a sexy striptease.
While Ridley might be too big for Smash, K. Rool is just too goddamn sexy.

Klaww

Smash Cadet
NNID
KlawwTheClown
3DS FC
1220-6841-7284
If there are some more characters left, I have some optimism still.

Mewtwo was the hardest character to unlock in Melee, while Wolf was the hardest to unlock in Brawl.

Both of them are villains.

While I don't think a villain trailer is likely at this point anymore, the past 2 games have finished off the unlockables with a cool villain. Bowser Jr. is already out of the way since he was unlocked in the leak. All that's left are Ridley, Mewtwo and King K. Rool, unless they pull something.

Unless they do end the game with Bowser Jr. Ooh, maybe they could end it with Dark Pit! :yoshi64:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
That's just fundamentally false. Sakurai has gone over his decision-making process for adding newcomers many times. He considers characters on an individual basis regardless of series based on factors like uniqueness or popularity, occasionally penciling in a spot for revolving door one-off from Pokemon or Fire Emblem. He does not sit down and go:

"Time to make a newcomer list! I think we need a Mario Rep, a Mario Rep, a New Series Rep, a New Series Rep, a New Series Rep, a Kid Icarus Rep, a Pokemon Rep, a DK Rep, a Clone Rep, a Third Party Rep, and a Third Party Rep. What a great list of unique and colorful characters!"

Because he "strives for a balance that will satisfy fans of all series [except DK]," as a general rule, the more characters a series has, the less likely they are to get more characters, with more flexibility granted to the larger series, which are naturally more popular. But the idea of "Reps" has been shot down time and time again by multiple series getting multiple characters in each Smash game to date, and yet people insist on digging up its corpse and flailing it around as if it remotely means anything. It doesn't.
Even if Sakurai thought that all the DK64 Kongs were perfectly suited to Smash, DK was never going to get 5 slots because that would be too big in comparison to other series. It's also unlikely that he thought that Diddy in Brawl was a better inclusion than literally every other Nintendo character that didn't get in. He got in because he's the next most iconic DK rep. Once again if he already added 2-3 other reps in Brawl Diddy probably wouldn't have made it, unless you want to argue that Sakurai would've been cool with 4 DK reps back then.

He even refrained from adding characters like DDD to the earlier installments to avoid 'over-representing his own series'. According to your logic that would be impossible because rep allocation doesn't exist. Ironically he's doing that now with KI and look at the criticism he's getting for it.

Last edited:

El Chunko

Smash Cadet
Heres what I think would be the ideal krool trailer:

It starts off with diddy and dk running after a trail of bananas left on the ground, leading to a ship. they get on the ship to see that their entire hoarde has been dumped on the ship.they charge towards it only to be hit by a cannonball from offscreen. the camera thee pans to a big shiolette of a dastardly figure and zooms in...

bowser jr in his koopa clown car, turns out they are on his airship :troll: BJ gameplay commences, ending with the ssb logo and kredits.

Kredits.

I
t cuts back to the trailer, showing BJ getting hit with a cannonball. Dk and diddy then look up to the top of the hoard, where a big shiolette stands with his blunderbuss, laughing ..

"KING K.ROOL TAKES KONTROL!" It then shows k rool ppunching the kongs into the horizon, and cuts to gameplay

Oh, and then its revealed sakurai is taking out half the KI content and replacing it with DK stuff :p

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
Heres what I think would be the ideal krool trailer:

It starts off with diddy and dk running after a trail of bananas left on the ground, leading to a ship. they get on the ship to see that their entire hoarde has been dumped on the ship.they charge towards it only to be hit by a cannonball from offscreen. the camera thee pans to a big shiolette of a dastardly figure and zooms in...

bowser jr in his koopa clown car, turns out they are on his airship :troll: BJ gameplay commences, ending with the ssb logo and kredits.

Kredits.

I
t cuts back to the trailer, showing BJ getting hit with a cannonball. Dk and diddy then look up to the top of the hoard, where a big shiolette stands with his blunderbuss, laughing ..

"KING K.ROOL TAKES KONTROL!" It then shows k rool ppunching the kongs into the horizon, and cuts to gameplay

Oh, and then its revealed sakurai is taking out half the KI content and replacing it with DK stuff :p
I would give all the money I own to Sakurai if this were to happen. He would deserve every cent I ever earn:laugh:

Last edited:

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
I would literally pay 100+ dollars just to play as K. Rool in Smash. Are you as dedicated as I am?

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Darn it, you guys are making it hard for me not to post on here until friday. Well, I'll just leave these 3 miiverse pictures here then.
my banana hoard!.png
reptiles rule.png
koopa and kong vs k. rool.png

Zynux

Smash Lord
I think a DK newcomer is definitely overdue and deserving. However, would K. Rool fans here be upset if Dixie Kong got in over him? Personally, I would be fine with either one. They are both equally deserving in my opinion.
I can't be picky and choosy anymore. The reality that we may not even get either of them is disheartening.

If worst comes to worst, I hope DK fans stop the silly arguments and get together so that both can get into the game.

FangedSniper

Smash Apprentice
I'd just like to say something, a little word of motivation for you all.

Do you know why most of us are here? It's because we chose K.Rool over Dixie Kong. You, and me, and the rest of the Kutthroats. Now, I don't know about you but I think the King has potential! Potential that far surpasses Dixie Kong! We chose to side with a unique character with a unique moveset, and I'll be damned if even one of you loses hope for K. Rool. He's in the Hyped Three for a good reason! So don't give up hope, never do my fellow Krewmates!

LONG LIVE THE KING!

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
I'd just like to say something, a little word of motivation for you all.

Do you know why most of us are here? It's because we chose K.Rool over Dixie Kong. You, and me, and the rest of the Kutthroats. Now, I don't know about you but I think the King has potential! Potential that far surpasses Dixie Kong! We chose to side with a unique character with a unique moveset, and I'll be damned if even one of you loses hope for K. Rool. He's in the Hyped Three for a good reason! So don't give up hope, never do my fellow Krewmates!

LONG LIVE THE KING!
We didn't choose K. Rool over Dixie Kong. We just chose K. Rool. We chose K. Rool because he is K. Rool. Dixie Kong has nothing to do with it.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
No idea. I didn't pay any attention to the demo, so I have no idea who is in it and who isn't.
I believe it was only Mario, Link, Pikachu, Villager, and I think Kirby?

At the very least, Robin and Mega Man were definitely not part of it.

Last edited:

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
The only reason he'd be covering up the top screen would be that he's trying to hide something. And since he's trying to hide something, that means there's something fishy here. And since there's something fishy here, I don't believe that this guy actually has the game in his hands. And since I don't believe that this guy actually has the game in his hands, I'm going back to waiting impatiently.

Last edited:

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892

I just wanted to say that regardless of what happens, I love you all. It's been a fun ride, but it's not ogre yet. Our king is waiting for us, be it three weeks from now or three years from now. He will return, and I for one won't let a bunch of fat shamers and bullies stand in our way. Long live the glorious Kremling King.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Even if Sakurai thought that all the DK64 Kongs were perfectly suited to Smash, DK was never going to get 5 slots because that would be too big in comparison to other series. It's also unlikely that he thought that Diddy in Brawl was a better inclusion than literally every other Nintendo character that didn't get in. He got in because he's the next most iconic DK rep. Once again if he already added 2-3 other reps in Brawl Diddy probably wouldn't have made it, unless you want to argue that Sakurai would've been cool with 4 DK reps back then.

He even refrained from adding characters like DDD to the earlier installments to avoid 'over-representing his own series'. According to your logic that would be impossible because rep allocation doesn't exist. Ironically he's doing that now with KI and look at the criticism he's getting for it.
Diddy was singled out as a unique, important and popular Nintendo character (the latter of which the DK64 Kongs are not) to add into Brawl, not as a "DK Rep." Sakurai may have planned Dedede in 64 and as two separate back-up options in Melee modestly held off on Dedede due to him being from Kirby, but he didn't consider Dedede in the first place or add him into Brawl for being a "Kirby Rep."

You're claiming that the team does double the ordinary amount of work, arbitrarily penciling in "Reps" for every bit of series content in the game, then going back over a second time and deciding on the specific content, seemingly just to justify the use of a fan-made term. Not only is there no evidence to support that, it's just not practical when the team can just decide on content on its own merits, loosely balanced out by series' relative importance/popularity.

. . . . .

Anyhow, I'll be making a response video addressing the entire thread once we find out the final roster, one way or another, but until then, one last time. . .

Long live the king!

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Welp, it's apparently begun (On Neogaf of all places...). Years of hopes and dreams come to a head right now. No matter what comes, I'll support our great krocodile king. Let the Kutthroat national anthem play, and good luck to all of us.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Diddy was singled out as a unique, important and popular Nintendo character (the latter of which the DK64 Kongs are not) to add into Brawl, not as a "DK Rep." Sakurai may have planned Dedede in 64 and as two separate back-up options in Melee modestly held off on Dedede due to him being from Kirby, but he didn't consider Dedede in the first place or add him into Brawl for being a "Kirby Rep."

You're claiming that the team does double the ordinary amount of work, arbitrarily penciling in "Reps" for every bit of series content in the game, then going back over a second time and deciding on the specific content, seemingly just to justify the use of a fan-made term. Not only is there no evidence to support that, it's just not practical when the team can just decide on content on its own merits, loosely balanced out by series' relative importance/popularity.

. . . . .

Anyhow, I'll be making a response video addressing the entire thread once we find out the final roster, one way or another, but until then, one last time. . .

Long live the king!
I don't think it's as rigid as 'Mario will get 7 reps, DK will get 3 etc." but I think they have rough proportions. They wouldn''t allow DK to get more reps than one of the big 3 franchises even if they thought DK had better characters for Smash.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
RIP to another fellow villain

May next game's developer not choose to develop three clones over you during 'extra time.'

Also, Squawks trophy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom