• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Actually, I don't recall this being brought up,m but what sort of Final Smash would you guys like to see for the King?

I'd rather like to see him calling in aid from the Flying Kroc and just going on an all-out air raid. Either that or summon the aid of a bunch of Kremlings to mess stuff up all over the field.
King Cut out or the Blast-o-Matic are obvious to me but there are other options

InfiniteTripping

Smash Journeyman
I don't get how believing K Rool will make it shows loyalty. And even if you want to argue that it does, why it is necessary to be loyal to a fictional character. I'm thinking the CSS is final. I don't want to believe it but it looks to be the case.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I don't get how believing K Rool will make it shows loyalty. And even if you want to argue that it does, why it is necessary to be loyal to a fictional character. I'm thinking the CSS is final. I don't want to believe it but it looks to be the case.

This seems to indicate that all of the pictures were taken at or around the same time. Seeing as the All-Star mode was still locked, it doesn't look like it's the final roster.

InfiniteTripping

Smash Journeyman

This seems to indicate that all of the pictures were taken at or around the same time. Seeing as the All-Star mode was still locked, it doesn't look like it's the final roster.
I still think that is a big assumption, that they were all taken from the same save state. They probably have a bunch of 3DS games in varying degrees of completion that the photos were taken, but I think they showed them the CSS to show them all the characters that would be in the game. There's no reason the ESRB would have to see ROB, Game and Watch, etc.

FangedSniper

Smash Apprentice
Neo Zero said the fate is cruel...

What character do we know that's name is derived from "cruel"???

Cruella da vil K.ROOL CONFIRMED!!!!

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
There's just one thing I pray more than anything of this week and that is to not have K. Rool posted in a POTD as an AT otherwise I'll probably cancel my pre-order right there and then. He better be playable!

we will know the fate of our king soon.

just out of curiosity,what kritter/kremlin would you guys wanna be?

i wanna be a 'klomp'
Besides K. Rool, I wanna say either Krusha or Kackal.

Last edited:

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
The only thing for me personally that is going for K. Rool is his heavyweight size, everything else is subjective/speculation. We don't have a true heavyweight on this roster ATM. K. Rool easily fits that bill, oh and moveset potential.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I've noticed that there's been quite a bit of pessimism towards K. Rool's chances as of late. Why exactly is that? As far as I know, the only new development going against him is that roster leak, which may or may not be final. Yet for some reason people keep saying that K. Rool's chances have significantly dropped, while other characters like Ridley and Mewtwo are still considered moderately likely. So why is K. Rool considered any less likely now than other characters not on that leak?

Last edited:

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
I've noticed that there's been quite a bit of pessimism towards K. Rool's chances as of late. Why exactly is that? As far as I know, the only new development going against him is that roster leak, which may or may not be final. Yet for some reason people keep saying that K. Rool's chances have significantly dropped, while other characters like Ridley and Mewtwo are still considered moderately likely. So why is K. Rool considered any less likely now than other characters not on that leak?
I think it's because everyone is believing those leaks with Dixie in them and not K. Rool. If not, I guess it's all gone back to the "relevance" argument for some reason.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I think it's because everyone is believing those leaks with Dixie in them and not K. Rool. If not, I guess it's all gone back to the "relevance" argument for some reason.
I thought those were fake/not directly related to the roster leak?

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I don't think anyone think he is any less likely, but a lot of people are realizing his chances were never that good to begin with. Now that it seems only 5 slots are left, K. Rool taking one of them is something that i suppose is really up in the air right now.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
The tragic irony of this situation is that the two reptilian titans' positions have changed since the main speculation period. Ridley is sitting pretty on the likely scale according to the general opinion around here (barring typical detractors of course), while K. Rool seemingly is one death's row.

Note that I'm talking about the current state of people's expectations, not actual facts.

Last edited:

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
The tragic irony of this situation is that the two reptilian titans' positions have changed since the main speculation period. Ridley is sitting pretty on the likely scale according to the general opinion around here (barring typical detractors of course), while K. Rool seemingly is one death's row.

Note that I'm talking about the current state of people's expectations, not actual facts.
If it is, but he get's in regardless, I'm going to laugh in the faces of all the detractors who doubted him from the start.:smirk:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I

I still don't understand, if all the photos were from the same file why isn't game&watch with pac man in the character timeline?
I always figured that it would just either have the default picture with the All-Star selection or it would change when ALL of the characters are actually unlocked into a final form. I doubt they took the time to update it with each additional character that was unlocked, it'd just be a waste of time honestly for each individual and you'd have to make it for any number of combinations of unlocks any way since characters aren't necessarily unlocked in a specific order (Or at least haven't been in past games).

But god King K. Rool is just too perfect to be in this game. He doesn't have any potential implementation problems like Ridley could arguably have (Like how to make him work in a reasonable fashion, which has been demonstrated by fans many times, but maybe Sakurai didn't figure any of those out, really hope that isn't the case though and I do still believe in his inclusion). He can have an entirely unique move set with there really no reason for him to be a clone. He's both a heavyweight and a villain, two things the new Smash is arguably lacking in. The main two DK reps in Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong are already in. Finally he fits with the whole lack of DK content and actually makes some sense of it if the stage in Gangplank Galleon or something like that.

He's hugely requested by the fans and the only thing he possibly has against him is the dumbest mah relevancy argument that has been thrown around, which is pointless when it comes to Smash honestly. So in reality there is one thing, and one thing only standing between King K. Rool and Smash, and that's Sakurai. It's up to him to decide the fate of our Kaptain in the end, and hopefully he's figured out he can only gain from including him in the game and pleasing fans with a completely unique heavyweight that we've wanted for SO long.

BertholdtFubar

Smash Cadet
Then this means nothing, the lock is there because game&watch isn't unlocked
That's not what I'm saying, I'm saying that Game & Watch simply isn't on the menu image with Pac-Man, Mario, Donkey Kong, etc. I doubt they would change the menu icon just because Game & Watch is unlocked.

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
I'm lurking NeoGAF as I usually do on the latest Smash thread (XV) and some very idle talk talk about K. Rool has came up. It's the usual. "K. Rool is a bad 90s (RARE) design" "He's ugly"; including at least one remarking he's a Bowser rip-off. Nothing malicious. I found it funny. But just the odd insistent detracting. The usual 3-or-so naysayers with 1 maybe 2 defenders complete certain agreements. Namely he needs/deserves a redesign.

As such I've came to a rather amusing conclusion.

"King K. Rool is too fat/ugly!"... is the new "Ridley's too big!"

Or at least it's approaching it.
Look, I'll be the first to admit K. Rool ain't the handsomest guy in the world (*cue bishie K. Rool fan-art getting posted in response*) but to be honest that's part of the reason why I like him so much!

Mistress Nicole

Smash Apprentice
I'm lurking NeoGAF as I usually do on the latest Smash thread (XV) and some very idle talk talk about K. Rool has came up. It's the usual. "K. Rool is a bad 90s (RARE) design" "He's ugly"; including at least one remarking he's a Bowser rip-off. Nothing malicious. I found it funny. But just the odd insistent detracting. The usual 3-or-so naysayers with 1 maybe 2 defenders complete certain agreements. Namely he needs/deserves a redesign.

Look, I'll be the first to admit K. Rool ain't the handsomest guy in the world (*cue bishie K. Rool fan-art getting posted in response*) but to be honest that's part of the reason why I like him so much!
The only potentially ugly thing about K. Rool is his bloodshot eye and in his recent appearances it's hardly noticeable.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301

That's why we love him, though! He's the leader of a gang of sapient, sociopathic, anthropomorophic crocodiles and his name is a pun on the word "cruel", he's hardly going to be a tenoud'aten bombshell.

Last edited:

Devil G.

Smash Apprentice
I like my coffee hot and my K. Rool ugly, leave him as he is. And yeah, I too am staying positive until the end =P

Glad to see so many people with high moral. Let's stay strong, we ride this train to the end!

I'm convinced that Sakurai is trying to please as many fan requests as possible.

We have Mega Man.
We have Pac-Man.
We have Dr.Mario (some people did indeed want him back).
We have a Fierce Diety Link alt.
We have Palutena.
We have Shulk.
We have Little Mac.
We even have Sonic back.
The game is faster than Brawl.
No tripping.

These are all things that fans have requested and it proves that Sakurai is listening to us. So why not have K.Rool, Mewtwo and Ridley playable? They are pretty much the most requested characters ever that still have a chance.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
K. Rool ugly? He's an animal, he' supposed to be that way. Just like Bowser, Pig Ganon and the Kongs, it's part of why I like him but to me he looks cool that's why I really like him as well as the others I mentioned. Screw those anime rpg characters(no offense to those who are fans of them on here).

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

Diddy, Dixie, Cranky and Funky all got bombarded with the "BAWWWWW RARE CHARACTER = BAD" reactions on crap boards like NeoGAF as well before they appeared in Brawl/Returns/Mario Kart/Tropical Freeze. You can dig back through the old "Diddy for Brawl" thread and see people coming in before his reveal and calling him a "stupid ugly monkey who replaced DK Jr." for no apparent reason other than trying to dictate public opinion. None of those people are still around today. K. Rool will follow in their footsteps sooner or later.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Glad to see so many people with high moral. Let's stay strong, we ride this train to the end!

I'm convinced that Sakurai is trying to please as many fan requests as possible.

We have Mega Man.
We have Pac-Man.
We have Dr.Mario (some people did indeed want him back).
We have a Fierce Diety Link alt.
We have Palutena.
We have Shulk.
We have Little Mac.
We even have Sonic back.
The game is faster than Brawl.
No tripping.

These are all things that fans have requested and it proves that Sakurai is listening to us. So why not have K.Rool, Mewtwo and Ridley playable? They are pretty much the most requested characters ever that still have a chance.

Amen to that, brother.

The fans' unwavering support and affection is truly awe-inspiring. Batten down the hatches and grab ahold of the ship's mast, lads - there's a storm a-comin', and the winds are a-howlin' for King K. Rool!

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
I would love to see him back just for one reason. I used to watch this movie when I was a little kid called Donkey Kong abd the Legend of the Crystal Coconut (has anyone else seen it?). I watched that movie so many times. I have also played Donkey Kong on the 64 a little but besides that i really havent played any Donkey Kong games, which is why i would much rather him than Dixie Kong.

Last edited:

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
If I had to take a guess, it's because Mewtwo and Ridley were both directly teased and or hinted at as in Greninja's trailer, its hands looked like Mewtwo's hands and the whole Pyrosphere thing with Ridley. K. Rool has not been directly teased as playable as only the Kremlings hint towards his inclusion to these people believing Mewtwo and Ridley have higher chances than K. Rool.

Last edited:

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Suddenly more optimistic for the good King K.Rool to be playable. The whole "Final Five" thing and Diddy's Dixie alt are getting me excited. Let's see what this week gives us, boys.

TheSmasher916

Smash Journeyman
Welp... never played a game in the series before. Time to prepare for the inevitable on Saturday.

Last edited:
Top Bottom