• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
That damn Kritter trophy is going to be the death of us all, just keeps showing up in places and keeps getting me more hyped whenever I see it. The first time was like eh, probably nothing, but every time after that just seems to be less and less likely to be a coincidence. Sure it's straw-grasping like we as fans of Smash always do, but I mean come on, the kritters have been shown THIS much and they aren't hinting at something. I mean we're not to Ridley levels of Sakurai teasing/trolling/hype building, but it's starting to get more and more ridiculous with these little things that could be hinting at his inclusion. Come on Kutthroats, the day K. Rool is playable may be before us soon and my hype and faith in K. Rool might be higher than ever right now. (Please don't disappoint me Sakurai, please don't...)

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
I hope that the fact that the kritter trophy is on a path leading to an alternate level different from the Master Hand one doesn't mean that K. Rool will be a boss.

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I hope that the fact that the kritter trophy is on a path leading to an alternate level different from the Master Hand one doesn't mean that K. Rool will be a boss.
Actually... If it means K. Rool is a Masterhand level boss, I think that's the next best thing after being playable. He would still have a heavier spotlight.

Last edited:

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Every way leads to Master Hand, you just have a choice now. And the purpose of routes is to decide whether you go for the (I supposed random) trophy or for the coins or whatever.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
They better have Rival Scenes, I could imagine Little Mac's right now
Little Mac is in a barrel factory, sniffing a rose with his fancy moustache. Then, K. Rool comes in. "Grrrrr?" Little Mac says in a gentlemanly voice. "Ugh!" K. Rool says in challenge. Little Mac then throws his rose in the air, in which it then gets punched by K. Rool. Fighting then begins.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Kritter trophy AND "Gold Hoard". Coincidence? I think not.

So many DK references, I like it. Now give me them DK newcomers already.

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
With those videos, that leak looks legit. Hopefully they have not unlocked everyone and our King can still be in. If not, let's try to push for K. Rool in the next DK game and eventually Smash 5.

The Flying Brick

Smash Apprentice
It's not over for K. Rool yet. Sure, the leaked roster so far doesn't bode well, but the leaker has confirmed that there are more characters that weren't unlocked yet. Also, there's still no explanation to the Kritter teasing.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Leak is over. It's legit. There's no way that could be faked.

Still annoyed about the obvious favoritism overrepresentation of KI, especially with Dark Pit, but this is not complete. There are three characters I really hope are in the 'still to be revealed:' Mewtwo, Ridley, and of course the Rool. Praying that they're there.

I'll just use them to beat the living **** out of DP in training mode. In the name of practice, of course.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I will be really mad at Sakurai if this leak is true. Dark Pit, seriously? This is clear favoritism right here.

Briokinho

Smash Cadet
I will be really mad at Sakurai if this leak is true. Dark Pit, seriously? This is clear favoritism right here.
Even if K.Rool made it in i would still be pissed at this. Really Sakurai? Cut Wolf, Lucas and ICs, add Dark Pit and Dr. Mario as clones? Even if you f***ing ported them from Brawl it would still be better. Just the sight of Dork Pit on that CSS makes me want to puke.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
This isn't game over for K. Rool just yet, but from what we know of Bowser Jr...

--Cannonball projectiles
--Boxing gloves
--Mouth-based standards
--Minions
--Unique costumes

Sakurai took a great chunk of what we wanted out of a K. Rool moveset and tacked it onto a less desirable character.

Balmora

Smash Rookie
It's not over for K. Rool yet. Sure, the leaked roster so far doesn't bode well, but the leaker has confirmed that there are more characters that weren't unlocked yet. Also, there's still no explanation to the Kritter teasing.
This. While I'm not convinced that the kritter teasing necessarily means that K. Rool is in the game, we'll have to wait and see who these unlockable characters are before any conclusions are made.

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Obviously somebody is just very skilled with MS paint. There was a minor discoloration in frame #1337 and Shulk is clearly just an edited Little Mac. No fifth stripe on Ness's shirt still. I don't like Dr. Mario no way he could be in the game. Ganondorf as a falcon clone? Who the hell came up with that idea?

Also 9/11 was an inside job and the moon landings were faked.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I don't think this is good at all. Ridley and Mewtwo have got some teasing, while K. Rool doesn't have that.

While there are a few slots left, I'm not really confident in the King now. :urg:

Obviously somebody is just very skilled with MS paint. There was a minor discoloration in frame #1337 and Shulk is clearly just an edited Little Mac. No fifth stripe on Ness's shirt still. I don't like Dr. Mario no way he could be in the game. Ganondorf as a falcon clone? Who the hell came up with that idea?

Also 9/11 was an inside job and the moon landings were faked.
What are you getting at?

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
On terms of King K. Rool:

We shall wait and see the full roster.

Bowser Jr. is convincing; however, Shulk and his videos are not that convincing.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
J
On terms of King K. Rool:

We shall wait and see the full roster.

Bowser Jr. is convincing; however, Shulk and his videos are not that convincing.
He looks like a Marth clone honestly. I still have faith that this is a fake leak. Anything can be faked.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
Well... ****.

Start working on your K. Rool 4 DLC petitions, my fellow Kutthroats.

The Flying Brick

Smash Apprentice
I don't think this is good at all. Ridley and Mewtwo have got some teasing, while K. Rool doesn't have that.

While there are a few slots left, I'm not really confident in the King now. :urg:

What are you getting at?
I'd say K. Rool DID get teased, but not as blatant as Ridley and Mewtwo. Have you already forgotten Sakurai's weird affection for the Kritter trophy? Seems to me he's hinting at something, though it's not as immediately obvious as Ridley's shadow.

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
The leak is legitimate - to say otherwise is foolishly delusional. Of all the potentially playable characters left from the Donkey Kong franchise, only Dixie Kong has any resemblance of a chance now, given current speculation of supplementary leaks (alongside Ridley and Mewtwo). Needless to say, it is over for King K. Rool, or almost so it makes no difference.

How shamefully unfortunate. As deserving as Dixie Kong is, more-than-likely she will be relegated to an undesirable semi-clone status, because gods forbid Masahiro Sakurai gives a damn about Donkey Kong at all. In the end, however, not all that awaits us is disappointment.

As veteran commentators have previously stated, long as K. Rool's presence maintains its prominence (whether as an Assist Trophy or a Boss), then his popularity will remain as he will be remembered by future generations. Even if we cannot capitalize such popularity in upcoming Super Smash Brothers games (given the director's preferential inclinations), we can redirect it towards upcoming Donkey Kong games. As long as the royal king makes his return, that is what matters.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Damn the leak...is real...wow..all my faith is lost in Sakurai...and especially Nintendo...what a piss poor roster...even with the DLC..sad..sad..day..there is no way that video footage is fake...when the best thing about your game is the characters in it that U DONT OWN (Pacman Megaman) then something is wrong..ugh so done with thier choices. Mario Kart 8 had a poor roster...and now its Smashs turn...sorry King K..sorry Dixie..:(

Last edited:

Devil G.

Smash Apprentice
Damn the leak...is real...wow..all my faith is lost in Sakurai...and especially Nintendo...what a piss poor roster...even with the DLC..sad..sad..day..there is no way that video footage is fake...when the best thing about your game is the characters in it that U DONT OWN (Pacman Megaman) then something is wrong..ugh so done with thier choices. Mario Kart 8 had a poor roster...and now its Smashs turn...sorry King K..sorry Dixie..:(
Not all the characters have been shown yet...

Last edited:

ArturoLamilla

Smash Cadet
NNID
ArturoWiiU
What the Hell? Sakurai is an idiot, Why not put K. Rool? If the new leak is real even Mewtwo and Ridley would enter and Dixie would be the new DK character. This isn't fair for DK fans. ****ing Sakurai! If our fate says something different in the future of Smash I would forgive this man (Sakurai). It's a very sad day for us DK fans :(

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Leaker is saying that Dixies is in... what? I love Dixie and I support her, but I want both

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
This is beyond depressing.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Our last hope is one of the characters to be confirmed as an assist. But who?

Top Bottom