• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Did I ever tell you how awesome your avatar is? It depicts exactly how I feel about recent developments.
I've been told many times. It's been depicting my feelings about this game since E3.

I really hope K. Rool is not a stage boss, after seeing how intrusive and annoying the Yellow Devil is.

Just gonna wait and see how this all shakes out.
It's pretty much assured he'll be a regular trophy. Which is the best case scenario at this point, I don't want such a great character reduced to an annoying punching bag that occasionally hits back or an occasional reminder that he got screwed.

Last edited:

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
No, I don't care that Dixie is in. That does not make up for no K. Rool. It means that half of you can be content with Dixie alone, and the non DK fans can just make cries of "relevancy" and be happy about it because they like literally anything that is served to them. Dixie will be accepted by DK fans and K. Rool will be dead and buried. He needed this. Far more so than Ridley and Mewtwo, he badly, badly needed this. He was the true protagonist going into SSB4, with Ridley and Mewtwo as his sidekicks. Alas, he was killed in the end by his eternal rival, Dixie Kong, whom you lot told me several times wasn't worth attacking.

If you don't believe the cancerous fans of this series will accept anything, keep in mind we have Dark Pit apologists now, and Duck Hunt Dog's reception is almost entirely positive.

When looking at each and every single newcomer, keep in mind they were all chosen over K. Rool, as well as Wolf, Ice Climbers, Lucas, Ivysaur, Squirtle, and Snake.

Mii was chosen 3 times over K. Rool, in fact! He's 3 times more important!

Anybody can be "fun", the people that are in are not more fun than the people that aren't in simply because they're in, contrary to popular belief. If anything, several of them are quite pitifully low potential characters, much less compared to K. Rool. I thought this was a game where iconic Nintendo characters fought one another, not an advertisement crossover game.

Oh, and yeah, Dixie Kong does fall under "advertisement". Tropical Freeze was her first appearance that wasn't a cameo, a remake, or a spin off in 18 years. Tropical Freeze is the only argument one can use to justify her over K. Rool in any fashion, as she was never terribly "relevant" herself. She has fans, but they're only a fraction of K. Rool's, as the size of both their threads can plainly tell you.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
So are we gonna blindly believe whatever this guy tells us without any evidence backing it up? Okay then. I expected more from my fellow Kutthroats.

Hebrew Hammer

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2251-5154-5209
I won't let this keep me down. If we don't get K Rool this time around i'll be fine with another DK rep (even if it's Dixie). To me that means the series is not being ignored when it comes to new characters. Sure it's not the most wanted character from the franchise but after Dixie who else is really wanted? K Rool, that's who. And if Ridley and Shulk are playable that leaves K Rool as the most wanted newcomer yet to make it in, leaving him as a prime candidate spot for Smash 5. Because lets face it, as much as we want K Rool, the Ridley people are much more vocal about their wants than we are (whether thats a good thing is a different story. )So don't let his possible deconfirmation get you down, that's what outsiders want to see in this thread. Just take the blow with dignity and hope for his inclusion in the future. And who knows, maybe this whole leak is fake and K Rool is in after all, you never know until the game is in your hand. And remember, no matter what, we are ALWAYS KUTTHROATS!!

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
So are we gonna blindly believe whatever this guy tells us without any evidence backing it up? Okay then. I expected more from my fellow Kutthroats.
I'm not just gonna believe it. My hpe for K. Rool remains strong, as optimism in of itself is a reward. I will remain here to the very end, and no matter what the naysayers speak, I will hold my ground

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
No, I don't care that Dixie is in. That does not make up for no K. Rool. It means that half of you can be content with Dixie alone, and the non DK fans can just make cries of "relevancy" and be happy about it because they like literally anything that is served to them. Dixie will be accepted by DK fans and K. Rool will be dead and buried. He needed this. Far more so than Ridley and Mewtwo, he badly, badly needed this. He was the true protagonist going into SSB4, with Ridley and Mewtwo as his sidekicks. Alas, he was killed in the end by his eternal rival, Dixie Kong, whom you lot told me several times wasn't worth attacking.

If you don't believe the cancerous fans of this series will accept anything, keep in mind we have Dark Pit apologists now, and Duck Hunt Dog's reception is almost entirely positive.

When looking at each and every single newcomer, keep in mind they were all chosen over K. Rool, as well as Wolf, Ice Climbers, Lucas, Ivysaur, Squirtle, and Snake.

Mii was chosen 3 times over K. Rool, in fact! He's 3 times more important!

Anybody can be "fun", the people that are in are not more fun than the people that aren't in simply because they're in, contrary to popular belief. If anything, several of them are quite pitifully low potential characters, much less compared to K. Rool. I thought this was a game where iconic Nintendo characters fought one another, not an advertisement crossover game.

Oh, and yeah, Dixie Kong does fall under "advertisement". Tropical Freeze was her first appearance that wasn't a cameo, a remake, or a spin off in 18 years. Tropical Freeze is the only argument one can use to justify her over K. Rool in any fashion, as she was never terribly "relevant" herself. She has fans, but they're only a fraction of K. Rool's, as the size of both their threads can plainly tell you.
Then you and I must be the only ones who aren't thrilled about that mutt getting in over K. Rool (**** Hunt) Sakurai has these idiots eating out of the palm of his golden hand. That's right, the once-great Super Smash Bros. series has been **** on and reduced to nothing more than an advertising vehicle for less viable characters who are probably not worth rescuing on their own. It's sad. I used to love Smash until Brawl. Brawl was the biggest cash-cow of them all with Sonic making his debut. It doesn't seem to matter whar we think, does it?

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Favoritism at it's finest. I can't wait to hear the justifications for this.

JHC, apart from the three most popular characters getting the middle finger salute, DK getting screwed in terms of stages, and Ganondorf STILL remaining a Falcon clone, this hasn't been a good day. If it wasn't for Mega Man, there'd be no real reason for me to care about this game.
Yeah guys because no-effort model swaps are totally equatable to fully original fighters. Imagine all the extra characters they could have added in the days that it took to create the three clones.

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Stay strong, be stubborn and don't give up! Defeatism begets defeat! Show you are worth your salt to honor the pirate king himself!

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
Not only extra characters, but also more unique additions like the Duck Hunt Dog. Sakurai's favoritism really disappoints me, I mean, he's the director of one of the best videogame franchises EVER, and I find utterly selfish to see him scorn fan-favorite franchises in favor of his "babies".

Seriously, Sakurai has really messed up this one, it's not even forgivable anymore. And I'm not only talking about the DK franchise, I'm talking about all franchises that suddenly are below the shadow of the "almighty" KI series, which was nothing 3-4 years ago.

Last edited:

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Guys, this isn't over. We still have one trailer to go, and the K. Rool teasing too. Stay strong.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
This! The guy could be full of ****, he already admitted to lying and making fake leaks!
Edit: If the chrom thread can recover from an actual brutal deconfirmation, organize, and create a dlc campaign complete with website and twitter account, we can surely not give up at one unproven leak right?

Last edited:

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Bowser Jr. and Shulk are 100%, Dark Pit, Dr. Mario, and Duck Hunt Dog are 99%. Ridley, Mach Rider, Impa, Mewtwo, Chorus Men, and Dixie Kong are not nearly as likely, but are the current threats we have to face.

It's possible K. Rool could still beat Dixie, but things are looking bad. I'm not going to cling onto hope and be disappointed, only negatives are assumed right now. Anything in K. Rool's favor is a positive surprise, rather than the other way around.

And it's still terrible K. Rool is fighting for survival when that dog is just there snickering at us, along with 7 Mario reps.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Where is all this talk about Dixie coming from? She's not anywhere on the CSS. I'd still take her over no new DK character, if only so KI won't have more, which is just ****ing depressing.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Not by Sakurai, which is apparently all that matters. Here's hoping whenever Smash Bros. 5 is made, we get a new director.

I'm also furious that Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, and Lucina are all fine, but Lucas and Wolf apparently aren't.
Man I had for the longest time not wanted to think the way you did, but **** I'm in about the same boat now. Sure I like some of the newcomers, but they're not enough to hype me up either if indeed this leak is all true (And with the video that is now COPYRIGHT CLAIMED BY NOA we're on the knife edge). Also I agree, bull**** on Wolf and Lucas not being included as they're essentially past clones that have no real reason to not be on the starting roster other than money grabbing if he'll take the time to include Dr. Mario of all the damn characters again. Far more people are going to be pissed not seeing them then they would be not seeing Doc.

I've got one little shred of hope, but it's a dying light and my disappointment for Smash went through the roof after coming home to this mess. I should have been hyped up, I should have been celebrating that they announced a new Nintendo Direct, but no, more proof in favor of the leak, yay us.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Where is all this talk about Dixie coming from? She's not anywhere on the CSS. I'd still take her over no new DK character, if only so KI won't have more, which is just ****ing depressing.
The leaker posted an allegedly legit list of the remaining characters, which includes Dixie along with other 4 characters.

Bowser Jr. and Shulk are 100%, Dark Pit, Dr. Mario, and Duck Hunt Dog are 99%. Ridley, Mach Rider, Impa, Mewtwo, Chorus Men, and Dixie Kong are not nearly as likely, but are the current threats we have to face.

It's possible K. Rool could still beat Dixie, but things are looking bad. I'm not going to cling onto hope and be disappointed, only negatives are assumed right now. Anything in K. Rool's favor is a positive surprise, rather than the other way around.

And it's still terrible K. Rool is fighting for survival when that dog is just there snickering at us, along with 7 Mario reps.
I know things are looking bad, but until we have undefeatable evidence (like we have for Bowser Jr. and Shulk), I won't believe anything. K. Rool has a chance until proven otherwise.

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
This is indeed a grim day for the great majority of us Smash fans. But hope is the last thing you lose right? I still believe K Rool can be in the game.

All this teasing for nothing? Kremling trophies all over the place, Kritters in Smash Run and mysteriously ignored, "Gear Getaway", big Kremling boss... I can't. I just can't give up yet.

And same goes for Ridley, why so much teasing?! If all this was for a complete let down, Sakurai surely enjoys our pain :(

Last edited:

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I just want a direct already, it's taken forever.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Hah! The only salt you'll be getting from me is sea salt! Glory to the Kremling King!
That's the spirit! Show those filthy landlubbers what we are made of! We are the King K. Krew! Yarrr!

Wait, if you turn that into an acronym...we need to rebrand our krew.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
I told myself I would be happy so long as I got K. Rool, Bowser Jr., or Ridley. Odds are looking I'll be getting 1/3 of my wishlist. I'm not giving up on K. Rool, but in the event that he isn't playable, I still have one newcomer to be "happy" for.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I told myself I would be happy so long as I got K. Rool, Bowser Jr., or Ridley. Odds are looking I'll be getting 1/3 of my wishlist. I'm not giving up on K. Rool, but in the event that he isn't playable, I still have one newcomer to be "happy" for.
Same here, although I think bowser jr. would've been better with the paint brush as his weapon instead of the koopa clown kart but I'll use him nonetheless. K. Rool is the one who would really get me hyped up though for this game(or Ridley). Right now I'm just like "bleh".

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
This is indeed a grim day for the great majority of us Smash fans. But hope is the last thing you lose right? I still believe K Rool can be in the game.

All this teasing for nothing? Kremling trophies all over the place, Kritters in Smash Run and mysteriously ignored, "Gear Getaway", big Kremling boss... I can't. I just can't give up yet.

And same goes for Ridley, why so much teasing?! If all this was for a complete let down, Sakurai surely enjoys our pain :(
If we hadn't seen the Kritter trophy earlier today AGAIN and that having restored so much hope in the morning for him I probably would have stopped believing all together. Like I've said before King K. Rool teasing was never on the level of Ridley, but both were teased in different ways (And sure straw grasping to a larger extent then needed to be, but it's also Sakurai so who the hell are we to know what's a tease and what just happens to be coincidence, maybe the Kritter trophy is just the most common in the game :ohwell: ). It's really going to feel like Sakurai is a bit of a **** if neither one of them happen after everything he's done to make the fanbases of these two (And especially the fan base for both) sweat so much about potential inclusion.

If they weren't in, just deconfirm them early on and move on so we're not losing our minds about their inclusion. Giving them the chance for this long only to pull the rug out from underneath us is only going to be bad for our attitude towards the game. It shouldn't have went this far if they're not in, which is partially why I still have hope (and apparently Mewtwo is confirmed so I got one of the hype three, the least important one though) that they will still make into the game somehow not being a part of the leak.

And if Dixie makes it in, screw it I'm happy enough with that because I do genuinely want a Dixie and a DK newcomer, so as long as she's unique enough on her own as opposed to being a clone. And then after her inclusion there's no excuse to not include K. Rool in the next game (That makes me so sad to even consider we have to wait for the next Smash for him potentially).

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
There is a seemingly credible leak stating a DK rep, a Pokémon rep and a new series character floating around. Have you heard?

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
I don't buy it. Mainly because Mewtwo and Ridley are included.
I don't buy it either, but not because Ridley and Mewtwo are included. I don't buy it because I have no proof of it, thus I don't think it's real. I'll believe it when I see it with my own eyes. That's why I still think there's hope for K. Rool.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Don't give up hope! We're not finished yet...!

Remember when Gematsu was undisputed? Then came Robin.

Just... Hold Fast Kutthroats.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
No one can actually argue Dixie out-prioritized K. Rool when Bowser Jr. took the "reps" argument and smashed it to pieces. . .right?

Three generic Miis, multiple shock characters or "unique" veteran series additions who were basically Sakurai OCs, three fleshed-out Kid Icarus characters, and a Bowser Jr. who basically functions as the Lord Fredrik of Smash are far juicier targets than Dixie.

Still, it is idiotic to tout a playable Dixie to be some "replacement" for playable K. Rool, like his absence is magically absolved just because a character bearing the DK logo is in the game. We play as characters, not "reps."

Last edited:

El Chunko

Smash Cadet
Not to m
Guys, this isn't over. We still have one trailer to go, and the K. Rool teasing too. Stay strong.
Not to mention a dk trailer would be likely. much like how the robin trailer was done by the ppl who made FE, a dk trailer could easily be provided by retro studios

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
The leaker has lied to us once with that DLC crap, so he could be lying again. Don't lose your waaaaaay hope yet.

Not to mention a dk trailer would be likely. much like how the robin trailer was done by the ppl who made FE, a dk trailer could easily be provided by retro studios
See? Be optimistic! Nothing is lost yet!

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
No one can actually argue Dixie out-prioritized K. Rool when Bowser Jr. took the "reps" argument and smashed it to pieces. . .right?

Three generic Miis, multiple shock characters or "unique" veteran series additions who were basically Sakurai OCs, three fleshed-out Kid Icarus characters, and a Bowser Jr. who basically functions as the Lord Fredrik of Smash are far juicier targets than Dixie.

Still, it is idiotic to tout a playable Dixie to be some "replacement" for playable K. Rool, like his absence is magically absolved just because a character bearing the DK logo is in the game. We play as characters, not "reps."
Even taking reps into account, we entirely should've got 2 DK newcomers over Mario, Kid Icarus, and Fire Emblem. . .

Tubbers09

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tubbers09
3DS FC
4811-7028-1398
Switch FC
5712-1549-9596
The leak is looking quite legitimate right now, but I am a stubborn fool. My head and hopes will be held high until the very end. If K.Rool isn't in the game though, the only newcomers I really care about are Rosalina and Little Mac. That is depressing.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Inb4 Bowser Jr.'s Cannonballs moveset and similarities to speculated K. Rool moveset and Diddy Kong were done on purpose to make him easier to program, because K. Rool is playable after all. :D

Well, actually, my hype dropped down to nothing, but there's still hope for K. Rool, its not over yet, even if his chances are far less likely...

Annoying this had to fall out on my birthday. Ugh...

The leak is looking quite legitimate right now, but I am a stubborn fool. My head and hopes will be held high until the very end. If K.Rool isn't in the game though, the only newcomers I really care about are Rosalina and Little Mac. That is depressing.
If K. Rool isn't in the game, I have Mega Man and Robin (and maybe Ridley/Dixie Kong)... but if these leaks are legit, I'll be extremely salty because Ganondorf is STILL A MOTHER****ING CLONE!!!

JohnathanACE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JohnathanACE
3DS FC
0946-2312-2428
There is a seemingly credible leak stating a DK rep, a Pokémon rep and a new series character floating around. Have you heard?
Wait what's the leak? Could you give us a link?

Also guys don't lose hope yet. This is confirmed to be the final roster and there is always DLC. I think if the leak with Dixie is true then that really supports K. Rool being DLC.

Last edited:

Mewtwoultima

Smash Apprentice
I'm really sorry about what has happened K.rool Thread. Honestly, I'm okay with the so far revealed supposed roster. The only ones that bother me are dark pit and Dr. Mario and that there were better similar characters to choose from. What do you guys have against duck hunt dog? The complaints really remind me of the R.O.B. ones back in brawl. Nothing wrong with having bizarre retro reps you know and I was a supporter for him honestly.
I like most of the newcomers. Shulk is a good choice, and while Bowser Jr. makes sense and I think is solid, I honestly felt it was fine with just Rosalina being in. Pittoo is the only one I don't like and the fact Lucas and Ice Climbers are supposedly cut. I knew Wolf and Snake weren't coming back. We didn't need three Star Fox characters since you have to improvise the movesets for most of them (Other than Krystal) and there's much better choices and Snake.... I don't know what to say. It's hit and miss overall for me, but you know, it isn't over yet. It isn't the final roster yet.

I know it seems gloomy, but don't feel down K.rool thread. He will get some sort of chance. I agree the favoritism is annoying, but Kid Icarus does have a great cast of characters. The problem is it was fine with just 2 reps and Medusa and Hades seem to be superior choices in my eyes. I do hate the idea of Dr. Mario being playable though. He was just unnecessary, even back in melee.

The key is to have a balance. Can't have too much favoritism (KI representation, Kirby character roles in SSE) or too much fan service (MGS4, Shadow being brought back.) It's a reason why I think the original had the best roster because of the balance of representation and logical choices.

Which newcomers bother you guys and what would you have done instead if you were director when it came to character choices or representation? I don't know, but it seems that the western fan base usually wants the more unique or groundbreaking newcomers while Japan usually wants only a few highly requested ones or is conservative with choices since they barely had any wanted retro characters or miscellaneous ones since the west wants Takamaru more and thinks Sukapon would be a cool rep.

Briokinho

Smash Cadet
What is sad is, the 3DS version will probably be the best selling Smash game to date. Knowing mr. Suckurai, prepare yourselves for the next installment 7 years later: Super Animu Bros Waifu edition, featuring Pit, Dark Pit, Palutena, Medusa, Hades, Pyrrhon, Chrom, Marth, Ike, Lucina, Owain, Tharja, Lissa, Gangrel, Robin and Evil Robin. DK and Metroid, as subpar franchises, get relegated to Samus and Donkey only. Ridley is still a boss, and K. Rool a regular trophy. Dixie and Diddy are stage decorations.

Top Bottom