• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
What is sad is, the 3DS version will probably be the best selling Smash game to date. Knowing mr. Suckurai, prepare yourselves for the next installment 7 years later: Super Animu Bros Waifu edition, featuring Pit, Dark Pit, Palutena, Medusa, Hades, Pyrrhon, Chrom, Marth, Ike, Lucina, Owain, Tharja, Lissa, Gangrel, Robin and Evil Robin. DK and Metroid, as subpar franchises, get relegated to Samus and Donkey only. Ridley is still a boss, and K. Rool a regular trophy. Dixie and Diddy are stage decorations.
SSB5 may have a different director, which is the best that can be said at this point.

Weavel

Smash Ace
Nintendo doesn't give a **** about the west, they added all ****ing characters japan wanted and a large percentage of characters are uncreative clones.

Please give me some reason to believe the leak is not real.

Mewtwoultima

Smash Apprentice
SSB5 may have a different director, which is the best that can be said at this point.
Look, I know too much favoritism is annoying and all, but why do you seem to hate him so much just for one character having a very gloomy chance of being in? Who would you take out and put in instead and what new characters bother you so much besides the ones revealed in the leak?

Hebrew Hammer

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2251-5154-5209
Nintendo doesn't give a **** about the west, they added all ****ing characters japan wanted and a large percentage of characters are uncreative clones.

Little Mac disproves that entirely. Barely anyone in Japan cares about Punch Out and it was primarily western players who wanted him included.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Duck Hunt is obscure everywhere else BUT America as well. The dog is even a bigger Western heavy character than Little Mac.

Last edited:

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Y'all need to relax a bit. Nothing is set in stone yet. I really want K. Rool to be in, but I accepted long ago that there was a decent chance he wouldn't make the cut. This is why you should keep your expectations low... unless you like stupid **** like Dr. Mario and Dark Pit.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Little Mac, Duck Hunt and (if that list turns out to be true) Ridley are characters aimed for the West. So no complaining about that.

That list could be fake. K. Rool could still be in.

Clones are there to make the roster bigger, they're not replacing any newcomer.

Clones did not replace your character.
Thanks for the :4greninja:

I'm gonna stop posting here for today. I'll go to sleep and hope all of you are a bit more calm tomorrow. It's not the end of the world.

Last edited:

Weavel

Smash Ace
Little Mac disproves that entirely. Barely anyone in Japan cares about Punch Out and it was primarily western player who wanted him included.
they added little mac because of some nostalgia of some old game in the west nothing more. Just like they added pacman,original megaman and mr game an watch.

saltybeach

Smash Journeyman
Leak is
There is a seemingly credible leak stating a DK rep, a Pokémon rep and a new series character floating around. Have you heard?
@FalKoopa
Do you mind linking this leak? All the ones I have seen highly suggest dixie.

Even though the leak is real(like I have been trying to convince you guys for a few days) this isn't over JUST yet. Though it might be time to lower some expectations.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Clones did not replace your character.
Says the guy with a Dr. Mario avatar. Please go to your own support thread.

Ghirahilda said:
This!

People are just acting biased!
Yeah, the people defending these characters literally nobody wanted and in fact won multiple hate polls are very biased, I agree.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Look, I know too much favoritism is annoying and all, but why do you seem to hate him so much just for one character having a very gloomy chance of being in? Who would you take out and put in instead and what new characters bother you so much besides the ones revealed in the leak?
I'm a bit tipsy right now, so I might not be the most reasonable poster.

Shafting Mewtwo, K. Rool, and Ridley who were by far the most popular choices, as well as cutting Luigifed characters like Lucas, Wolf and even the unique Ice Climbers but adding several clones and not altering Toon Link are bad choices.

All Wario's new trophy does is talk about how disgusting he is, which is mainly a WarioWare thing. Meaning that once again, the first ten years of the character's history is getting nothing at all.

Keeping Ganondorf a clone is a huge disrespect to the character, and a large mark of laziness, since even Sakurai himself made fun of Ganon not using his sword on the Brawl dojo.

As for who I'd take out? I'd remove Greninja and replace him another non-starter Gen VI Pokemon, or add a new PT featuring him as well as Chespin and Braixen. Because as flawed a concept as the PT was, at least you got to play as one form of your favorite Kanto starter. Here it's like "You didn't choose Charmander or Froakie? **** you."

Remove Dr. Mario, Lucina, and Dark Pit. Those three could have easily just been alternates.

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Y'all need to relax a bit. Nothing is set in stone yet. I really want K. Rool to be in, but I accepted long ago that there was a decent chance he wouldn't make the cut. This is why you should keep your expectations low... unless you like stupid **** like Dr. Mario and Dark Pit.
Jesus ****ing Christ how many times does it have to be said that these clones take up next to no development time. They are little more than model and voice swaps with slightly different properties. This seriously cannot be stressed in any simpler terms. These characters take absolutely nothing from the game. They could have decided not to add those characters in the first place and it wouldn't have changed a goddamn thing. Did you complain about Male Wii Fit Trainer? Or the four different Villager alts? Hoodie Mac, Murica Mario, Zero Mission ZSS? Because all of those alts probably took more combined effort than the three clones did. And yet for some reason the clones are the ones that get all the flack because of some arbitrary "character slot" limit that everybody seems to think exists. It ****ing doesn't.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Actually, K. Rool is incredibly popular in Japan as well, he's popular worldwide, unlike Ridley.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
What is sad is, the 3DS version will probably be the best selling Smash game to date.
That is not sad, that is a good thing. Hopefully all future Smash games are on portable devices as well.
Eh. I hope Sakurai stays as the director of the next installment.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
K Rool is still possible, I want him almost as much as Ridley. The best of luck to all of you in these dark times!

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
Jesus ****ing Christ how many times does it have to be said that these clones take up next to no development time. They are little more than model and voice swaps with slightly different properties. This seriously cannot be stressed in any simpler terms. These characters take absolutely nothing from the game. They could have decided not to add those characters in the first place and it wouldn't have changed a goddamn thing. Did you complain about Male Wii Fit Trainer? Or the four different Villager alts? Hoodie Mac, Murica Mario, Zero Mission ZSS? Because all of those alts probably took more work than the three clones did. And yet for some reason the clones are the ones that get all the flack because of some arbitrary "character slot" limit that everybody seems to think exists. It ****ing doesn't.
If these characters are so similar that they take so little time to make, why have them at all? What are they adding to the game? I don't understand why we need 2 marths or 2 marios. I understand some of the clones have differences, but characters like Lucina are carbon copies. I'm not saying clone characters take up a spot of some other potential character, I'm saying it's lazy.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Uh... so Dixie/Mewtwo/Ridley are supposedly the last to be revealed? We may have need of that K. Rool DLC Kampaign that was brought up a while back.

Jesus ****ing Christ how many times does it have to be said that these clones take up next to no development time. They are little more than model and voice swaps with slightly different properties. This seriously cannot be stressed in any simpler terms. These characters take absolutely nothing from the game. They could have decided not to add those characters in the first place and it wouldn't have changed a goddamn thing. Did you complain about Male Wii Fit Trainer? Or the four different Villager alts? Hoodie Mac, Murica Mario, Zero Mission ZSS? Because all of those alts probably took more combined effort than the three clones did. And yet for some reason the clones are the ones that get all the flack because of some arbitrary "character slot" limit that everybody seems to think exists. It ****ing doesn't.
Easy there, I never claimed they took up a character slot or consumed any development time. I merely said people shouldn't get their hopes up (unless they like stupid **** like Dr. Mario and Dark Pit).

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Uh... so Dixie/Mewtwo/Ridley are supposedly the last to be revealed? We may have need of that K. Rool DLC Kampaign that was brought up a while back.
Personally, I don't really buy that. Seems too good to be true. Was it ever confirmed that the guy who said it was the real deal?

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
If it were me dealing with this game, as far as the character roster of newcomers is concerned, I'd replace all of them except for mega man, little mac, pac-man, and possibly bowser jr. with Ridley, King K. Rool, Krystal, Waluigi, Dixie Kong, etc. And for vets, keep Wolf, Ice Climbers, Lucas, and Ness. And of course the most wanted returning Veteran, Mewtwo.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Please, no one actually argue that a single clone took the place of a single unique newcomer.

Arguing that three clones took the place of a cut semi-clone veteran or half of a single unique newcomer, on the other hand. . .that's fair game.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Also, just wanted to point this out, Nintendo KNOWS these kind of thing leak, they learned it with X/Y, it's entirely possible that characters like Ridley and Mewtwo weren't in this build so the most hype-inducing characters couldn't be leaked, they aren't Wario or suggestive trophies that would make the game's rating go up. Just throwing my 2 cents

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Don't understand the Dixie hate, she's been the protagonist of some of Nintendo's most famous games. That is more than many of the newcomers for this game AND in Brawl could say. Dixie does not deserve some of the ire being thrown her way. The truth of it is that she and K. Rool have been perfect additions ever since Brawl.

Next, I think we need to think constructively about how we can best support K. Rool moving forward. We need to capitalize on this attention while we still can. Get on twitter, send e-mails, make art, make videos...communicate that you care about this character. That will do more than angry rants, even if those sometimes make us feel better.

I'm disappointed like you. K. Rool was my most wanted character. To me, besides being a good character in his own right, he represents the good memories I had playing DK and Nintendo games when I was a kid. Those are good feelings worth "fighting" for.

We need to have some fortitude and patience as we are at a critical moment. If we don't want to wait 12 years instead of 6, we need to take a deep breath and act now.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Please, no one actually argue that a single clone took the place of a single unique newcomer.

Arguing that three clones took the place of a cut semi-clone veteran or half of a single unique newcomer, on the other hand. . .that's fair game.
If these guys were late additions that were completed within the span of a day I wouldn't care too much. If it took longer to make them and they cut newcomers to make them fit, then I'd be salty over it.

Don't understand the Dixie hate, she's been the protagonist of some of Nintendo's most famous games. That is more than many of the newcomers for this game AND in Brawl could say. Dixie does not deserve some of the ire being thrown her way. The truth of it is that she and K. Rool have been perfect additions ever since Brawl.

Next, I think we need to think constructively about how we can best support K. Rool moving forward. We need to capitalize on this attention while we still can. Get on twitter, send e-mails, make art, make videos...communicate that you care about this character. That will do more than angry rants, even if those sometimes make us feel better.

I'm disappointed like you. K. Rool was my most wanted character. To me, besides being a good character in his own right, he represents the good memories I had playing DK and Nintendo games when I was a kid. Those are good feelings worth "fighting" for.

We need to have some fortitude and patience as we are at a critical moment. If we don't want to wait 12 years instead of 6, we need to take a deep breath and act now.
As a whole, most DK fans don't hate Dixie, and the same is true for the K. Rool thread. They just want K. Rool and the Kremlings to make a comeback, and feel that K. Rool should be playable over Dixie. Dixie Kong is my all-time favorite DK character and I'd love to see her, but right from the start I'd far rather have K. Rool playable in Smash than Dixie Kong.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

:( This is a grim day for king k rool all of the leaks are pointing toward dixie at this point. :(

(I still have hope but it ain't looking good one bit.)

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Clone characters still take time to develop, now I understand that one doesn't take nearly as long as a unique character, but multiple clones is a different story. Developers still have to use time. Just in case you all didn't know, developers need time to create ANY character. By creating clones, you are using potential time that could be used to create a unique character. I feel that some people have a right to complain, especially with Subspace gone and other features that have yet to be confirmed AS WELL as Namco-Bandai's assistance. Especially with all the bias already found to be in the game.
This doesn't only apply for King K. Rool either.

Mewtwoultima

Smash Apprentice

Shafting Mewtwo, K. Rool, and Ridley who were by far the most popular choices, as well as cutting Luigifed characters like Lucas, Wolf and even the unique Ice Climbers but adding several clones and not altering Toon Link are bad choices.

All Wario's new trophy does is talk about how disgusting he is, which is mainly a WarioWare thing. Meaning that once again, the first ten years of the character's history is getting nothing at all.

Keeping Ganondorf a clone is a huge disrespect to the character, and a large mark of laziness, since even Sakurai himself made fun of Ganon not using his sword on the Brawl dojo.

As for who I'd take out? I'd remove Greninja and replace him another non-starter Gen VI Pokemon, or add a new PT featuring him as well as Chespin and Braixen. Because as flawed a concept as the PT was, at least you got to play as one form of your favorite Kanto starter. Here it's like "You didn't choose Charmander or Froakie? **** you."

Remove Dr. Mario, Lucina, and Dark Pit. Those three could have easily just been alternates.
We don't know if Mewtwo or Ridley got shafted yet so I would hold my pants up. K.rool unfortunately seems a bit bleak which is too bad. But when dixie kong was playable in Tropical Freeze, I knew she had a better chance. It wasn't until kremlins were revealed to be enemies in smash run that K.Rool's prioritiy was restored since it meant the kremlins weren't forgotten after all. I do agree getting rid of Lucas and Ice Climbers is stupid and surprising. While Wolf was unique and had his reasons, three Star Fox reps just seemed like a stretch to me... I hate to say this but... EVERY FIGHTING GAME HAS CLONES!!!! My god, you guys seem to get bothered so much by so-called clones. Look at Ryu, Ken, and Akuma in Street Fighter. Roll and Megaman in Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Charlie and Guile in Marvel vs. Capcom 2. Sakura and dan hibiki were luigified versions of Ryu and Ken. Lillith and Morgan in darkstalkers are very similar. Jotaro and dio brando have similarites in the Jojo's Bizarre adventure fighting game. How come I never really see those fans complain about those characters in those games but the Smash Bros. fans always do? Its not just Sakurai, Namco and Capcom are guilty of this to. Especially Capcom. While I didn't like Toon Link back then, I realize it makes sense he's in since Japan really likes the character and wanted him and you guys did to (I remember in the brawl days when a lot of western fans were open to having him in). While some Windwaker moves would be cool, it makes sense that he's similar since they mostly use similar weapons anyway and because there's more than one Link.

True, it would be nice to have some more Wario Land recognition, but we haven't seem him in action.

We've only seen like what, 5 moves? To early to judge. I only saw the Up-B, down taunt, forward tilt, neutral a, down smash, and up smash. Only the down smash and Up-B seem the same so far. I hate to say it, but the reason he was similar to Captain Falcon in the first place was because he was NEVER going to be in Melee originally, but he was one of 6 last minute additions because of his body build supposedly being similar to Captain Falcon. Silly? Of course, but it allowed him to be playable. I do hope he has more original moves because it would be a shame for him to be similar and would be better for Black Shadow to carry that torch.

Why? Greninja is one of the most popular 6 gen pokemon out there right now. Not just as a pokemon, but also in competitive play. Actually, I thought of him being in a Kalos pokemon trainer rotation which I would have liked. But you know, they seem to be borrowing elements from Project M after all.

Pittoo and dr. mario I agree with. But I disagree on Lucina. She deserves to be in and has her reasons. I said my reasons in great detail in the Lucina thread. Honestly, a similar character doesn't bother me. As long as the character is highly requested which Lucina WAS, as was Luigi, Falco, and Toon Link and it makes sense. In which for all four of them having similarities, it makes sense because it was based off the games they come from. The only time it bothered me was with Ganondorf in Brawl and Melee and characters like dr. mario and young link. And having dark pit. Because in that case, dr. mario, and dark pit are better served as costume swaps due to not having much requests and being alts to begin with (dark pit is a different entity to an extent, but seems more dark link material honestly.) while Lucina is a very loved character among the Fire Emblem fanbase, was wanted more than Chrom and many fans admit this, and like Robin, represents how an entire franchise was saved. Just like what R.O.B. did for video game history.

I understand the frustration about K.Rool's bleak chances, but keep your head up, think of the strengths that make up for it, and just think of how fun the gameplay will be and how it already looks like it improves on Brawl's weaknesses such as the Wi-Fi and Project M inspired Final destination variations of stages and no tripping.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

:( This is a grim day for king k rool all of the leaks are pointing toward dixie at this point. :(

(I still have hope but it ain't looking good one bit.)
Funny thing is, Sakurai keeps teasing that damn Kritter and showing off a lot of DK stuff. That right there implies K. Rool, but the leaks imply the exact opposite. I don't know what to think anymore. All of the newcomers in this leak appear to have cloned moves, though, and Bowser Jr. shoots cannonballs... That could easily be cloned from K. Rool. Plus we know that Mii Fighters have a lot of cloned specials, too, with the chakram still blatantly looking very similar to K. Rool's krown.

Either way I'm going to try and be more active in the Kremling Kampaign again, unless for some reason K. Rool is announced this week, but K. Rool does look far more kuestionable.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
If these guys were late additions that were completed within the span of a day I wouldn't care too much. If it took longer to make them and they cut newcomers to make them fit, then I'd be salty over it.

As a whole, most DK fans don't hate Dixie, and the same is true for the K. Rool thread. They just want K. Rool and the Kremlings to make a comeback, and feel that K. Rool should be playable over Dixie. Dixie Kong is my all-time favorite DK character and I'd love to see her, but right from the start I'd far rather have K. Rool playable in Smash than Dixie Kong.
Yeah, I understand that. And I agree. I love Dixie (look at my avatar) but K. Rool was my #1. I'm referring to some of the (select but very incendiary) posts basically blaming Dixie for this.

Just a reminder, when DKCR rolled out, Dixie was among the characters that some of the extreme Nintendo fans (read: anti Rare people) threw under the bus as being "irrelevant", "ugly", and "pointless" (after Diddy's jetpack). I feel like this negativity is influencing some of the anti-Dixie remarks. But it shouldn't, hopefully...Dixie is a good character. She just has some very annoying people supporting her just because she's "relevant" (even if her last appearance in a main game before DKCTF was in 1996) or because Nintendo finally seems to be warming up to her. Don't forget whose pin Dixie wore on her beret for most of her "life" as a character.

Dixie's story should give K. Rool fans hope. I don't think this is the end for the character. It could have helped him A LOT to appear as a playable character. But Dixie made a similar leap into the present (similar ot the one we wished K. Rool made himself).

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Yep, I'm not giving up either, the thing that still makes me suspicious is how much a of a troll this leaker is. Fact is that even if he does have access he can mess with us all he wants, especially if he's a sadistic fellow. Until the games out, I'm not ruling out anything.

Also Sakurai still said he had several newcomer videos left, he said he was nearing the end of the pile, however that means we still have 2-3 left, I personally expect one more standalone, then one with a direct, each with at least 2 apiece, which should confirm things one way or another, and the possibility of one being this week is still high, especially if he decides to shoot down this leak, because as good as it is, anything could be faked with enough talent, especially pre-made videos, I mean for all we know this guy could be a game developer working for sony or Microsoft making this in his down time to troll us all

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah, I understand that. And I agree. I love Dixie (look at my avatar) but K. Rool was my #1. I'm referring to some of the (select but very incendiary) posts basically blaming Dixie for this.

Just a reminder, when DKCR rolled out, Dixie was among the characters that some of the extreme Nintendo fans (read: anti Rare people) threw under the bus as being "irrelevant", "ugly", and "pointless" (after Diddy's jetpack). I feel like this negativity is influencing some of the anti-Dixie remarks. But it shouldn't, hopefully...Dixie is a good character. She just has some very annoying people supporting her just because she's "relevant" (even if her last appearance in a main game before DKCTF was in 1996) or because Nintendo finally seems to be warming up to her. Don't forget whose pin Dixie wore on her beret for most of her "life" as a character.

Dixie's story should give K. Rool fans hope. I don't think this is the end for the character. It could have helped him A LOT to appear as a playable character. But Dixie made a similar leap into the present (similar ot the one we wished K. Rool made himself).
Oh, I absolutely believe K. Rool will come back in future DK games. I just kinda wished he was playable in Smash... really, as far as I'm concerned, we should have both Dixie AND K. Rool. That would balance out the DK roster nicely, giving us all four main DK characters.

Zynux

Smash Lord
Ya'll need to relax. The final roster isn't confirmed. Also, we need to remember that Clones don't really take up slots or any character. And please no Dixie hate (even though she's no K. Rool or replacement, but still...).

However...

So much truth in this it hurts (especially about Wario, goddammit when will they acknowledge the 2D platformer of Wario's Greedy exploits put him on the map?). Well, I disagree with the Pokemon bit (though I would still take out Greninja) but overall this really sucks, but unsurprising.

Ever since the April Direct I was ready for this. My pessimism is justified once again.

Last edited:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
I'm not sure what to believe at this point. At the moment, it's frustrating that an iconic villain like K. Rool seems to have lesser chances now, but I just don't want to give up now. Not until what his role is in the game.

Top Bottom