• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Oh, well. I'll take Dixie over no new DK characters.
This has always been my sentiment. And as I said in the Official Character Thread, the only characters I ever truely expected to be in where Dixie and Mewtwo. As in, those where the only ones I actually had hope for. King K.Rool is an awesome character all around, but unfortunately still too much of a pipe-dream. Like Ridley. I am still really hoping that there is gonna be a Wii U stage for Gangplank Galleon to give us some awesome DKC2 vibes now that Dixie is in, and gives K.Rool the neccecary role to make people really care about him all of a sudden.

And that might just be enough for Retro to push for King K.Rool as the next villain in their DKCR3. And that's what we where all secretly hoping for right? I know I was at least. The Kremlings have nonetheless returned as enemies in Smash Run, so I also count that as a sort of victory. With their unique attack patterns, surely that would push for inspiration for K.Rool in the next game!

Kuttroaths, it's been a long journey, and even though the ship has sailed, the Kremlings are in a much better position than before. And thus so is the King. I hope we'll see him appear in one way or another, and I think it's quite likely we will! One day, this will happen. It just happens that DKC progresses in playable characters more slowly than other series. It's been a great ride. Thanks to @ BKupa666 BKupa666 for all the time he's lead the Kuttroaths, and hereby my salute to you all!

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Well, it was fun while it lasted, guys. I am honored to have been a Kutthroat.

R.I.P. King K. Rool 1994-2008

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
This is close enough to the top of a new page for me to make this post. . .

As the end draws near, I'd like to ask every Kutthroat to PLEASE REMAIN CALM, AND THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU POST, BEFORE YOU POST IT.

Over the next few days and weeks, this thread is going to be inundated with visitors, a not-insignificant chunk of whom will be the literal scum of the fanbase, the bottom of the bottom-feeders. They are in here for no other reason than to "taste your tears," or "enjoy the salt," or whatever other slimy synonymous terms they've spewed.

I implore you to not to give them what they want and, by so doing, turn this great thread into a freakshow.

Let them f***ing starve.

Last edited:

ChosenZelos

Smash Apprentice
It's my birthday... I knew it was going to happen today!

RIP... I WILL REMEMBER YOU.

If Dixie is true... I guess that this is bittersweet. At least DK gets a new rep.

The Flying Brick

Smash Apprentice

As the end draws near, I'd like to ask every Kutthroat to PLEASE REMAIN CALM, AND THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU POST, BEFORE YOU POST IT.

Over the next few days and weeks, this thread is going to be inundated with visitors, a not-insignificant chunk of whom will be the literal scum of the fanbase, the bottom of the bottom-feeders. They are in here for no other reason than to "taste your tears," or "enjoy the salt," or whatever other slimy synonymous they've spewed.

I implore you to not to give them what they want and, by so doing, turn this great thread into a freakshow.

Let them f***ing starve.
Right, I'll be leaving this thread for now, then. I can already feel my blind f***ing rage building, and I don't get mad easily. See you guys sometime in the future, I gotta go punch stuff now.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I'll support King K. Rool to the bitter end. We have not seen all of the characters that were included in this "leak", so it is too soon to count King K. Rool out.

I will hold out until we see the official roster.

Devil G.

Smash Apprentice

Over the next few days and weeks, this thread is going to be inundated with visitors, a not-insignificant chunk of whom will be the literal scum of the fanbase, the bottom of the bottom-feeders. They are in here for no other reason than to "taste your tears," or "enjoy the salt," or whatever other slimy synonymous terms they've spewed.

Let them f***ing starve.
Agreed, let's stand proud!

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
So much for the hype 3. I don't think mega man and bowser jr. are going to be enough to keep me from getting bored of playing this game easily. I'll might as well cancel my pre-order.

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
I wish I could be outraged at the lack of K. Rool but I'm still too baffled by the developers' treatment of Ganondorf to care about anything else

Last edited:

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
I know BKupa said that we have to stop feeding the bottom feeders.

But I'm having a difficult time not throwing my chair in utter disgust. As I said on Kitty Corp:

I remember the Melee days very fondly. I recall vaguely that Sakurai wanted to deliver a quality sequel to the 64 game. Now it's like "**** it". Anything goes, since everyone will cumulatively drop millions on anything called "Super Smash Bros." I'm sad that the series is not what it used to be, now they're milking it for every dollar it's worth without caring what people want. I honestly don't know if I'll be excited if the next Nintendo console(s) have a title in the series. The effect will be greatly diminished.

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
And you call yourselves Kutthroats?! We must have faith in our King until the very end! He's gotta be a hidden character, a Wii U exclusive (East vs West theory). Just c'mon! I can't believe this is already over!

Until I hear or see direct and 100% legitimate proof that K Rool is not in, I will not give up!

WHO'S WITH ME?!

I wish I could be outraged at the lack of K. Rool but I'm still too baffled by the developers' treatment of Ganondorf to care about anything else
Truth is I didn't care for Bowsy or Shulk. Just seeing Ganondorf with the same f***ing moveset has made me gone mad.

Last edited:

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
And you call yourselves Kutthroats?! We must have faith in our King until the very end! He's gotta be a hidden character, a Wii U exclusive (East vs West theory). Just c'mon! I can't believe this is already over!

Until I hear or see direct and 100% legitimate proof that K Rool is not in, I will not give up!

WHO'S WITH ME?!

Truth is I didn't care for Bowsy or Shulk. Just seeing Ganondorf with the same f***ing moveset has made me gone mad.
Same here! **** it, I am not giving up until sakurai says "k rool isn't playable!"

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Assist Trophy or Stage Boss is no big deal. K.Rool needs any kind of exposure he can get. And those two will definitely push Retro to include him in their next Returns game.

Also, Dixie Kong is a real good character overall to and people here should learn to appriciate her.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
This is sooo similar to the Brawl speculation era. :urg:

I suppose our hope now lies with Retro to bring him back before he gets into Smash.

ThatGreenAlien

Smash Rookie
NNID
thatgreenalien
It's too bad K. Rool doesn't have much of a chance at all at this point.

If he's a boss though, that's the second best thing. I'd be slightly less okay with that.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
You know what, no, its not over until the big man says its over! I am standing my ground, and will not give in to this fake leak, no matter what the odds!

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
I'm gonna say this:

I won't give up, but even if k rool is deconfirmed, we need to make a dlc push. He is possibly the MOST requested character worldwide. If dlc is happening, we can make him a prime candidate.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
...What?

Until I see with my very own eyes that those are in fact the remaining characters, I won't believe ANYTHING. He could be playing with us. Until he shows us images as proof, I'll still believe K. Rool has a chance.

El Chunko

Smash Cadet
I'll support King K. Rool to the bitter end. We have not seen all of the characters that were included in this "leak", so it is too soon to count King K. Rool out.

I will hold out until we see the official roster.

Last edited:

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Stay strong kutthroats! Even if he is out, he really isn't. We can make a difference with dlc (if he isn't in already.) until sakurai says otherwise, I'm staying. Hell, even if he does I'm staying!

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Wow, I can't ****-in believe it, Dark Pit made it over King K Rool... I just can't...
Favoritism at it's finest. I can't wait to hear the justifications for this.

JHC, apart from the three most popular characters getting the middle finger salute, DK getting screwed in terms of stages, and Ganondorf STILL remaining a Falcon clone, this hasn't been a good day. If it wasn't for Mega Man, there'd be no real reason for me to care about this game.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
They are in here for no other reason than to "taste your tears," or "enjoy the salt," or whatever other slimy synonymous terms they've spewed.

Let them f***ing starve.
So much for that...:troll:
While I have always been indifferent to K. Rool, I applaud this thread for how well this thread has held up. You guys deserve a pat on the back.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Favoritism at it's finest. I can't wait to hear the justifications for this.

JHC, apart from the three most popular characters getting the middle finger salute, DK getting screwed in terms of stages, and Ganondorf STILL remaining a Falcon clone, this hasn't been a good day. If it wasn't for Mega Man, there'd be no real reason for me to care about this game.
I concur. It's pretty obscene. Especially considering knrool and mewtwo are so heavily requested, where as dark pit is actually disliked bybmany from what I've seen

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
I'm glad I still have interest in Bowser, honestly. Other than him, Lucina and Mac, there's no one I really want or am excited to try.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Not by Sakurai, which is apparently all that matters. Here's hoping whenever Smash Bros. 5 is made, we get a new director.

I'm also furious that Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, and Lucina are all fine, but Lucas and Wolf apparently aren't.
Did I ever tell you how awesome your avatar is? It depicts exactly how I feel about recent developments.

King_K_Rules

Smash Journeyman
I really hope K. Rool is not a stage boss, after seeing how intrusive and annoying the Yellow Devil is.

Just gonna wait and see how this all shakes out.

Top Bottom