• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
It's so frustrating that threads like ours and Ridley's are so fretful about whether our character will show up at all despite them having every reason to, and have wanted our choices for so long, while Shulk and Chrom fans sprung up within the past two years, and can now basically just sit back and relax, knowing they're about to get theirs without delay.

There's absolutely the possibility of secret newcomers without trailers happening, what with Sakurai's quote about trailers being that "we will still present the new characters with intro cutscenes." Hidden newcomers aren't presented, and that quote doesn't say 'all new characters.' I won't lie and say the 'bottom of the barrel' quote doesn't worry me a fair amount though.
Worries me too. Though to be honest, not as much as it would have two months ago. After the leak was all but confirmed at E3, my hype for the game honestly took a huge nosedive. Prior to E3, I was spending more time here, following every new bit of info, and coming up with reveal trailers and movesets. Now I just don't care nearly as much.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
It's so frustrating that threads like ours and Ridley's are so fretful about whether our character will show up at all despite them having every reason to, and have wanted our choices for so long, while Shulk and Chrom fans sprung up within the past two years, and can now basically just sit back and relax, knowing they're about to get theirs without delay.

There's absolutely the possibility of secret newcomers without trailers happening, what with Sakurai's quote about trailers being that "we will still present the new characters with intro cutscenes." Hidden newcomers aren't presented, and that quote doesn't say 'all new characters.' I won't lie and say the 'bottom of the barrel' quote doesn't worry me a fair amount though.
It definitely unfair, I agree. These two support bases have been waiting for years (over a decade even) for a chance that their beloved character will join the coveted roster of Smash, and what might we get instead? A bunch of upstarts who're still wet behind the ears and/or have an incredibly small fanbase (especially when compared to K. Rool and Ridley).

I used to be excited for Shulk, but that confounded leak ruined any hype I had, same goes for Palutena. I certainly don't give a darn for the Chorus Men either. We can only hope a completely non-Gematsu character shows up to give it the final coup de grace.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I think I'm going to wait till Monday before I comment. I can't say I like the 'gloom and doom' atmosphere here. >_>

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Good afternoon K.Rool fans, I have a bit of a gift for you:

SSB4KRool.jpg

For a new set of moveset videos, I'm re-drawing the speculated newcomers, and since K.Rool is first up, he was done first. :p

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
To be honest, I'd only be disappointed if Goku, Shadow or Shrek are revealed (That'll never happen of course). All the possibilities I like: Shulk gets in, a character from one of my favorite games ever is in Smash. K Rool gets in? AWESOME! Ridley gets in? ALSO AWESOME! And in the case of Chrom and Chorus Kids, maybe people will shut up about them since gameplay will be shown and it'll be a Wii Fit Trainer scenario.
But seriously, K. Rool or Ridley would be awesome.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Everyone is jumping to conclusions on shulk being the one (even though quite a few xeno developers tweeted this)

We can't predict the man, it could be anybody shown on monday,

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
You know, it sucks. Except for Mac, it's like fan demand doesn't matter this time around...
Whilst to some extents I have the same feeling, I still think it's a little premature yet to say it's the case. At the end of the day you might well find that Sakurai's logic is to reveal the characters he expects to be more popular around the casual crowd and help shift more units first, and then hide the ones requested by the more dedicated fanbase (Who he knows will buy it anyway) until release. The likelihood of the scenario is debatable but so is anything until the game is released.

Until then, keep on hoping and keep up to track on the characters in the game so far that you're interested in. After E3 I did have a time of doubt for the game, given what I felt was the absence of characters I want (namely Mewtwo and K.Rool) and so I went through the characters and wrote a list of any I was interested in playing in the new game. It came out at about 1/3 of the current roster (Despite the fact that my main and many other characters I enjoyed in Brawl/Melee are not announced yet) and it restored a lot of my hope for the game. Even if you are beginning to feel a bit bleak about the possibility of extra newcomers past Gematsu/Brawl veterans (As am I; K.Rool, Dixie and Mewtwo are the only ones I personally rate as having reasonable chances now) you will find that there is still plenty to get excited about.

The pain for that would be ogrebearing
Check yourself before you Shrek yourself. :4pacman:

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I do expect it to be gematsu, but so what? SAKURAIS statement confirmed for me that leak us likely true, and that for goes back to my empirical theory it is only the revealed newcomers. Hellooctober for mewtwo. Ridley. Isaac. King k. Who knows.

shull, see ya Monday. My new hope is sakurai knows how big gematsu got, and, like rosalina being taken off the secret list, changed plans,so now did so again, and is going to reveal a different character.

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
That post from Sakurai is a huge bummer. While it's possible that the video comment hinted at secret newcomers other than the Gematsu 3, I can already feel the straw I'm grasping. At this point, I hope people who were skeptical about the Kremling Kampaign fully support it. That is where my remaining optimism goes. While the DLC kampaign may seem implausible, I feel like any hope for K. Rool in the main roster is even more improbable.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
That post from Sakurai is a huge bummer. While it's possible that the video comment hinted at secret newcomers other than the Gematsu 3, I can already feel the straw I'm grasping. At this point, I hope people who were skeptical about the Kremling Kampaign fully support it. That is where my remaining optimism goes. While the DLC kampaign may seem implausible, I feel like any hope for K. Rool in the main roster is even more improbable.
I prefer getting the pain over with prior to release. How would you feel if you went into it blind, and the game tells you that you've unlocked everyone, and K. Rool isn't among them?

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I agree. That is my attitude, too. I did not mean to say otherwise (your post reads like you are disagreeing, maybe I'm misreading it). The hopes for K. Rool in the actual roster are increasingly slim or non-existent, in my opinion. DLC at least offers some hope because it seems like those characters are still being finalized.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
....so.. It IS possible the Kremling Krew has returned without their leader.
Let's hope so. We want as few obstacles in our path to DLC as possible.

God, it's pathetic that this is what we've been reduced to hoping for in the wake of the upcoming newcomers being what they are.

Last edited:

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Let's hope so. We want as few obstacles in our path to DLC as possible.

God, it's pathetic that this is what we've been reduced to hoping for in the wake of the upcoming newcomers being what they are.
I meant he most likely won't be on the main roster.

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
To be honest I was really hyped when I saw it, but now... I dunno, I'm not that sure. It's probably Shulk, and even more now that his creator has retweeted as TheRealLegitStevenSeagal said.

That doesn't mean I'm not excited to see if it's K Rool though!

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
10 AM EST.
Dangit, I'm gonna have to go to bed early, which is dumb considering it's Summer Vacation.
...But why so early in the morning? Seriously, the Pacific has to get up at 7 AM PST to see who it is.
Strange. o_O

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I agree. That is my attitude, too. I did not mean to say otherwise (your post reads like you are disagreeing, maybe I'm misreading it). The hopes for K. Rool in the actual roster are increasingly slim or non-existent, in my opinion. DLC at least offers some hope because it seems like those characters are still being finalized.
I was agreeing with you.

Also agreed. This is bleeding ridiculous.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
All the bandwagoners have flocked to the Shulk thread... I'm desperately trying to hold on to some fragment of hype for the guy but all this auto expectation is really killing it for me...

And the fact that K. Rool and Ridley's chances seem to be dwindling by the minute isn't helping either.

Last edited:

Handy Man

Smash Ace
10 AM EST.
Dangit, I'm gonna have to go to bed early, which is dumb considering it's Summer Vacation.
...But why so early in the morning? Seriously, the Pacific has to get up at 7 AM PST to see who it is.
Strange. o_O
10:00 AM is not what I would call early.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
All the bandwagoners have flocked to the Shulk thread... I'm desperately trying to hold on to some fragment of hype for the guy but all this auto expectation is really killing it for me...

And the fact that K. Rool and Ridley's chances seem to be dwindling by the minute isn't helping either.
Heh, you'd think Sakurai developed Xenoblade or something. . .

Anyhow, the Kremling Kampaign is currently reaching out to Roger DiLuigi of the JapanTime podcast on Twitter, as well as JonTron from YouTube, but it would certainly be helpful if more than just the main account tweeted to them. If you're on Twitter, do the movement a big favor and request to @RogersBase and @JonTronShow that they tweet out plugs for the kremlingkampaign.wordpress.com website for #KRool4Smash4. The more people who ask, the better the chances are of them spreading the word to 25 thousand followers apiece.

Hop to it, Kutthroats!

Last edited:

majorasmaskfan

Smash Journeyman
You have to admit if retro studios retweeted it there would be bandwaging at both threads of villianous reptiles.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Here's some more questions;
Why Now?
Why is it on a Monday?
Why not wait until the August Direct?
What makes this one character so special to get a THREE MINUTE LONG TRAILER all to theirself, Livestream Included?
What exactly is Sakurai Planning?
What made Sakurai think of doing this?
Who's the special Character?
Is it a Kirby character? (Probably, but maybe not.)
Is it Ridley?
Is it King K. Rool?
SO MUCH QUESTIONS!

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
OK, I tweeted at the person. I wanted to mention that anyone tweeting should use tinyurl.com to shorten the URL link (so it takes less characters). I'm using http://tinyurl.com/KremDLC Just mentioning it because I know some people are new to twitter or don't have much experience with it. I'm not entirely sure on this, but also keep in mind that tweets to other people should begin with text other than their username "@K.RoolsWife" (for example). If you just start with "@K.RoolsWife", I think the tweet may only be visible to the receiver. But if you include other text (e.g. "Where's your husband? @K.RoolsWife"), anyone can see it/search for it. Correct me if I'm wrong if you know better.

Remember: We have more than double the # of supporters Shulk's thread has, and that's including the recent "bandwagon" additions. If K. Rool is going down, we need to make sure that he goes down while his fans still clamor for him (inside and outside of this thread, especially on social media).

I mentioned this already, but I think we should organize K. Rool discussions with the #KRool4Smsh4 tag, too. You know how we have discussions about stages, costumes, movesets, or even fan art? Post it on twitter! The visibility on Smashboards is great, without it the community would be much more fractured. But we need to push to expand its visibility. The #KRool4Smash4 hashtag can be an easy way to communicate with the "outside world". Hope people keep joining in.

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Here's some more questions;
Why Now?
Why is it on a Monday?
Why not wait until the August Direct?
What makes this one character so special to get a THREE MINUTE LONG TRAILER all to theirself, Livestream Included?
What exactly is Sakurai Planning?
What made Sakurai think of doing this?
Who's the special Character?
Is it a Kirby character? (Probably, but maybe not.)
Is it Ridley?
Is it King K. Rool?
SO MUCH QUESTIONS!
One of the questions being your grammar.:troll::troll::troll:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816

I AM SO MAD AT MYSELF! I FORGOT THE VEINY EYE!

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
Bottom of the barrel, huh...?

Watch THIS!

Top Bottom