• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Found this earlier today. . .

So a French pal of mine has got the chance to try out pretty much everything that was announced at E3, and revealed that Galleon from the SSE is a boss in Smash Run. Also, two bosses - if not more, can appear before you at the same time.

EDIT: Also, customization isn't only exclusive to the Mii Fighters. That is to be added to the costumes/skins part of the thread. ;)
If this guy's telling the truth, we now have proof of some individual characters being Smash Run bosses in addition to Bonkers/Reaper/Bulborb. Not horrible news, but it does keep K. Rool in the running to fill that role.

Last edited:

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Found this earlier today. . .

If this guy's telling the truth, we now have proof of some individual characters being Smash Run bosses in addition to Bonkers/Reaper/Bulborb. Not horrible news, but it does keep K. Rool in the running to fill that role.
So who are some of the individual characters we know of so far? Are Bonkers, Great Reaper, Bulborb, a Large Kremling, and Galleom the only rumored ones thus far?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
So who are some of the individual characters we know of so far? Are Bonkers, Great Reaper, Bulborb, a Large Kremling, and Galleom the only rumored ones thus far?
Bonkers, Bulborb, and Reaper are generic large enemies who can pop up in events.

Galleom is an individual character who can pop up in events.

Kraid and "Large Kremling" are ambiguous; the Nintendo Rep brought them up in the context of boss events, which may or may not be separate from events featuring generic large enemies, based on this new news. However, he clearly didn't look at their names on the screen, based on "Large Kremling," thus whether it's Kraid and a Kremling character, Mini-Kraid and a generic large Kremling enemy, or some combination thereof, is unknown.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
After playing Diddy's Kong Quest earlier I was thinking that Kludge would have been a cool SR Boss or even a cool AT.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
That would be Kruncha from DKC2 (possibly Krusha in pirate attire, like how Kannon is Klump after taking target practice).

Kludge is from Barrel Blast.

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
A friend posted this to me on facebook today, I know you guys may have already seen it but after checking for it on the internet I could'nt find it so I'm guessing it's new. It's a K. Rool action figure from Nintendo World which seems like it's from this year(could be older but again, I'm guessing it's new) along with the snes Donkey Kong Country games, although it has nothing to do with him being in ssb4, I thought it was still nice to know that Nintendo still hasn't forgotten him.

k.roolnintenworld.jpg

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
That K. Rool action figure looks awesome!
It does, I'd be willing to buy one if I saw it, just found out that Nintendo World is actually an exclusive video game store in New York City, I can't believe I never knew about it until now, now I'll have to go there next time a visit there. They sell all kinds of stuff, from both past and present including nes,snes, and n64 games. And players guides as well.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
My analysis of K. Rool's odds at being a Smash Run boss after this Galleom news:

"Large Kremling" is K. Rool:
--By far the most notable Kremling character that could be chosen
--"Large Kremling" was mentioned in the context of 'boss characters,' seemingly separate from 'boss enemies' in that characters are individuals, while enemies are generic, despite the events being identical
--Nintendo Rep could be teasing Boss K. Rool by being intentionally vague in his description
--If the team f***s up and leaves K. Rool off the main roster, it's just a hop, skip and a jump to reducing him to a random event

"Large Kremling" is not K. Rool:
--Nintendo Rep did not recognize K. Rool despite knowing the name "Kremling"
--"Large" is arguably not one of the top few defining features of K. Rool one would use to vaguely describe him (crown, cape, fat, green, eye tic, etc.)
--All other "Large Kremling" candidates are relatively obscure; General Klump/Krusha haven't been in a non-port since 1999, Klubba and Kudgel haven't been in a non-port since 1995. Lack of familiarity with them would be completely understandable, and their names do blend together for all but DKC fanatics (it's even just happened over the past few posts with @ TheAnvil TheAnvil )
--Klump and Krusha aren't ruled out from being "boss characters," since, like Yoshi, they're both an individual and a species

I might be forgetting some points. Overall, while I'm a bit more on edge due to the possibility opening back up, I still think there's plenty of reason to doubt "Large Kremling" being K. Rool.

Last edited:

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
A friend posted this to me on facebook today, I know you guys may have already seen it but after checking for it on the internet I could'nt find it so I'm guessing it's new. It's a K. Rool action figure from Nintendo World which seems like it's from this year(could be older but again, I'm guessing it's new) along with the snes Donkey Kong Country games, although it has nothing to do with him being in ssb4, I thought it was still nice to know that Nintendo still hasn't forgotten him.

View attachment 17872
His belly looks like a golf ball.

kylexv

Smash Master

View attachment 17872
Saw that when I went to NYC last week. Pretty cool.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I don't know why but I just picture K. Rool playing this version of his classic theme on a piano of his own on his pirate ship. Kind of in a Captain Hook sort of way, without the hook of course.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325

View attachment 17872
I know this probably has nothing to do with the matter at hand, but I really like that toy and model for K Rool, so I may or may not have made a Smash Icon out of it on the Roster Maker Thread.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Surprised no one has much to say on the matter of Galleom.

Something else he brought to my mind. . .he's yet another component of the demo that people have claimed to see, but that hasn't been caught on camera. The fact that there are so many little things that people mention of this sort, like a Mechon trophy, Kraid and "Large Kremling," and Ganondorf appearing when 'Random' is chosen makes me think Chunky Kong isn't just a hoax, especially since two separate people mentioned him doing the same, unusual thing, unlike all of those other things.

Granted, separate people could be making all these things up, but none of them seem too out there to be possible, either.

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325

Something else he brought to my mind. . .he's yet another component of the demo that people have claimed to see, but that hasn't been caught on camera. The fact that there are so many little things that people mention of this sort, like a Mechon trophy, Kraid and "Large Kremling," and Ganondorf appearing when 'Random' is chosen makes me think Chunky Kong isn't just a hoax. Granted, separate people could be making all these things up, but none of them seem too out there to be possible, either.
Galleom probably isn't causing much conversation because he was a part of the Subspace Army. In the Smash Direct (I rewatched it earlier today, still amazes me) Sakurai said that the Subspace Army would appear alongside series enemies.

And yeah, why wouldn't people get footage of Ganondorf? The others I understand if they missed due to killing them, but they had 5 minutes to capture Ganondorf in smash run, you would think at least a picture would surface. Wouldn't you?

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord

Something else he brought to my mind. . .he's yet another component of the demo that people have claimed to see, but that hasn't been caught on camera. The fact that there are so many little things that people mention of this sort, like a Mechon trophy, Kraid and "Large Kremling," and Ganondorf appearing when 'Random' is chosen makes me think Chunky Kong isn't just a hoax, especially since two separate people mentioned him doing the same, unusual thing, unlike all of those other things.

Granted, separate people could be making all these things up, but none of them seem too out there to be possible, either.
The Ganondorf thing is clearly false.

Regarding Galleon, I don't really see the significance. He's a robot, so there can be several. The fact that two bosses can appear at the same time suggests that the bosses are not going to be unique characters, unless they program it so that there can't be two of the same boss at once.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Yeah, he's a SSE character, but his existence is reason for us to reevaluate what we previously thought to be 'boss events.'

The Nintendo Rep clearly didn't glance down at the event names, and his description of the boss events perfectly matched the preexisting ones, thus, at the time, it made sense that Kraid and "Large Kremling" were just Mini-Kraid and a generic Kremling strongman, like every other event enemy.

Now, we have more concrete proof that actual individual bosses can and will show up, which could have implications for us (unless Galleom just bizarrely has clones). Hell, for all we know, we could get footage of Boss K. Rool any day, as more people start to play the 3DS version in European countries.

Last edited:

King_K_Rules

Smash Journeyman
Are all these alternate skins being revealed in the POTDs giving anyone hope for K. Rool? Putting on costumes is basically his thing. I'd love to see a Kaptain costume, or even a boxer one.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Galleom's nothing really all that special though. I'd have been surprised if we DIDN'T get the Subspace Army bosses back yet, but I don't see the problem with Galleom potentially popping up as an event boss. Its still not as iconic as King K. Rool or anything, he was just a generic boss in SSE created for Brawl. I don't see how this has any implications for K. Rool really.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Yeah, he's a SSE character, but his existence is reason for us to reevaluate what we previously thought to be 'boss events.'

The Nintendo Rep clearly didn't glance down at the event names, and his description of the boss events perfectly matched the preexisting ones, thus, at the time, it made sense that Kraid and "Large Kremling" were just Mini-Kraid and a generic Kremling strongman, like every other event enemy.

Now, we have more concrete proof that actual individual bosses can and will show up, which could have implications for us (unless Galleom just bizarrely has clones). Hell, for all we know, we could get footage of Boss K. Rool any day, as more people start to play the 3DS version in European countries.
Like I said, there's the fact that two bosses can show up at once.

It wouldn't be that weird to see two Galleoms, but two K. Rools just running around the stage? I very much doubt that would happen.

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
...(unless Galleom just bizarrely has clones)...
I doubt that Galleom has clones, though it's possible due to him being a robot. I think it's more likely that Duon would have clones, due to him being created from Shadow Bugs / MG+W. Speaking of Duon, is it possible that the person mixed the two up? They do have their similarities. Just a thought.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Galleom's back?
Tabuu's been stealing from Game & Watch again.
Goddamnit, Tabuu.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Galleom's back?
Tabuu's been stealing from Game & Watch again.
Goddamnit, Tabuu.
This is exactly the problem. The Subspace Emissary bosses weren't anything notable, so people too easily get them confused and mixed up.

SmashRiver64, Galleom is a completely different boss. You're thinking of Duon. Galleom is a giant robot and is the only boss fought twice before the Great Maze. First he's fought by Marth, Ike, and Metaknight, then by Lucas and Pokemon Trainer (the first trio defeat Galleom and he falls into the chamber where Lucas and Pokemon Trainer are).

It wouldn't be that weird to see two Galleoms, but two K. Rools just running around the stage? I very much doubt that would happen.
This right here basically outright disconfirms K. Rool. SSE bosses are one thing, but two bosses being able to show up at the same time? SSE bosses mean we can get bigger more recurring bosses potentially, but definitely not someone like K. Rool.

I mean, would people bat an eye about Klubba or Kudgel appearing twice? They really weren't that notable. Krusha's and Klump's appeared multiple times already anyway despite being regular characters. But K. Rool would make no sense like this.

Granted, it still doesn't rule out stage hazard.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

That's true, although that could be interpreted two ways. . .is it two of the same boss appearing at once, or two separate individuals showing up at once? You'd think it's the former, just because it seems as though only one event flashes onscreen at a time, but it'd be great if @_Sheik could come in here and clarify with his friend for sure sometime.

Last edited:

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
I don't think the Galleom sighting has any effect on K. Rool. Galleom is a generic Subspace boss. K. Rool is the main antagoist of Donkey Kong. Plus, he is a robot so there could theoretically be two of him.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Galleom is also pretty darn huge, how would he fit in some of the places? A low-roofed Hallway, for example. Bonkers can fit in there, but Galleom wouldn't fit. :\

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Galleom is also pretty darn huge, how would he fit in some of the places? A low-roofed Hallway, for example. Bonkers can fit in there, but Galleom wouldn't fit. :\
The bosses only appear in certain areas anyway. They'll fit in areas designed specifically for event bosses.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Followed! (I'm @HBluePikmin btw)

Your fans are fighting for you, my King!

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I absolutely saw and faught Galleom, but how is it relevant to

I also picked up a trophy called Cranky Kong if that's of any discussion.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I absolutely saw and faught Galleom, but how is it relevant to

I also picked up a trophy called Cranky Kong if that's of any discussion.
That's the second time people have been talking about a mysterious Smash Run enemy and you've come in and said you've seen it. Can you just do a rundown of everything you remember seeing in Smash Run just to clear the air in case anything else comes up later?

Also, @wildvine47 reported seeing a Cranky trophy as well, which is interesting. . .what did his pose look like?

Top Bottom