• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Dang. My prediction was false. I was hoping today K Rool would be revealed, since it's the anniversary of Donkey Kong.

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
Not very. The fanbase was obsessed with Medusa being a shoo-in at the time, at it was only after Uprising's release in late March 2012 that Palutena began to blossom.
I was never really sold on her period. I know the whole idea of every slot being sacred is BS of the highest degree but I still believe that others should've gotten more priority. I guess because she's in because she's the creator's favourite pet "bubbly".

Also, K. Rool is a thing.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Palutena won't take up the development time of three characters.
She has 12 specials, but not 3 different models.

Miis on the other hand share a model, but all have completely different movesets and 12 specials each.
So Miis certainly take up more development time than Palutena.

And I can't imagine Palutena taking more time than someone who would cause technical problems such as Olimar or Ice Climbers.

But mainly it's just people being biased. Lots of people dislike Miis so they'll be blamed for the inevitable exclusion of any character. It's going to happen, we just don't know who won't make it in yet.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Yeah, if anything, Chunky Kong should have been revealed for DK's anniversary instead.

Until then, #ChunkyWatch continues.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Dang. My prediction was false. I was hoping today K Rool would be revealed, since it's the anniversary of Donkey Kong.
Newcomers always debut in Directs. We should hope for September if not post-release. (I think K. Rool will likely be an unlockable.)

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
This development time ordeal is nonsense.

There is no direct 'formula' for how long it takes or what resources are put to each character, much less what difficulties get in the way for each character.

It is not [(number of models) X (number of moves)] (hitbox of character + 2)
Even adding in actual variables we have no way of actually predicting, such as the difficulty in balancing certain characters into others, if there design is "more complicated" of if they are a character-creation mode, are all lacking serious empirical data.

I'm sure his love for Palutena, if anything, made the character's inspiration happen really quickly.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Guys, it looks like Sakurai(assuming it REALLY is Sakurai) posted this on Miiverse of DK and Diddy fighting K. Rool, the problem is is it a real picture or just fanmade? it looks kinda fake to me because of the way K. Rool's positioned in it and the model itself which I've seen on the internet before but you decide, it's the first picture on the page.

https://twitter.com/KRool4Smash4

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Guys, it looks like Sakurai(assuming it REALLY is Sakurai) posted this on Miiverse of DK and Diddy fighting K. Rool, the problem is is it a real picture or just fanmade? it looks kinda fake to me because of the way K. Rool's positioned in it and the model itself which I've seen on the internet before but you decide, it's the first picture on the page.

It's real.

The picture was leaked by P. Shop, the best friend of @ InASnowBoundLand InASnowBoundLand . He posted it on the previous page of this thread.
I really hope that you weren't serious. Even a blind man could tell that it's fake.

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace

uh...

I love that we Kan Do it poster. And it's so fitting that you post that today...looks like all our work has paid off. It's happening!!! My best friend, P. Shop, leaked today's post of the day to me.

Kongrats everyone!

;-)
All circlejerking aside how do you think this has even the slightest chance of being real. I mean look at it. It's literally just a picture of K. Rool superimposed onto a picture of DK and Diddy on Mario Galaxy.

Last edited:

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Okay, I'd like to clear something up for those who misunderstood my last post about Dixie Kong.

The reason I pretty much badmouthed her was that she GOT a revival since Sluggers. Now it's K. Rool's turn. That is all.

And I like that P. Shop picture. I recal seeing that K. Rool model and pose in a Gmod picture...

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Not very. The fanbase was obsessed with Medusa being a shoo-in at the time, at it was only after Uprising's release in late March 2012 that Palutena began to blossom.
'eh, I think that Palutena makes more sense as a second Kid Icarus character because she's the only character to appear in every Kid Icarus game other than Pit himself, and she even cameo'd in Brawl as well. It makes SENSE for Palutena to be the next character. Its not about who the most popular character is, its about importance to the franchise. If you follow the lineup, after Pit its Palutena and after Palutena its Medusa. After Medusa it could go either way, but its probably Hades, due to being the main antagonist of Uprising; Medusa edges out over him because she appears way more often (Hades only appears for a few chapters) and Medusa is the original villain as well.

Granted, unlike other cases such as in Donkey Kong, Medusa being the "original" villain doesn't mean much since she's only got one game over the other villains. In Donkey Kong, K. Rool was ALWAYS the main villain prior to Returns.

Also, I recorded all the classic DKC K. Rool boss battles! I didn't provide much commentary on this, but there is some commentary. I kept all deaths except for one Gameover I had on the Kaptain K. Rool battle. Oddly enough, I found Kaptain K. Rool's first form the hardest boss this time; normally for me its Baron K. Roolenstein's second form that slaughters me but I guess I got really lucky with the electricity waves.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Can I be added to the Kutthroats list?
No problem, BKupa tends to update every so often, so when he updates, don't worry, you'll get added. ^^

Also,

Believe it. :D

Yeah I'm not sure why you'd think that. K. Rool would probably be revealed post-release, and even then, we've never once gotten Newcomers for Smash Wii U on a weekly Pic of the Day. I'd love it if they decided to start newcomers during Pic of the Day's, but I doubt it.

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I think it was in one of those press releases, it's on the Smash Bros Miiveres fan page if you look at Diddy's character page.

In other news, I was disappointed today when I remembered that Crocodile Isle is beneath the see (twice, if you cound the second one). It makes this Kremling Bill I exchanged for at the bank a little bit useless, don't you think?

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I am trying to piece together every single Pro and Con of King K. RoOl being in the initial roster, but I am not sure if I have seen all the Directs or Smash media thus far. Does anyone know what is against King K besides relevance...because obviously that did NOT stop Megaman...

If someone could make a complete pros and cons list for his playable inclusion from the news we have thus far that would be great! As far as I can tell he has more pros...but some of his pros like the Kremlings being in Smash Run people say that they were just randomly put in like the Tikis....what do you say to that? Help my mind y'allll
There are, in my opinion, two important bits about the Kremlings being in Smash Run that work in K. Rool's favour:

1) It completely debunks any argument of Nintendo not being able to use Kremlings due to Rare owning the rights (Although a handful of other games, such as King of Swing, Jungle Climber, Mario Strikers and Mario Sluggers, handily debunk this as well)

2) It shows that the Kremlings are not being ignored in favour of the enemies in more recent DK games.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
The presence of Tikis doesn't contradict anything he said. They only would if there were nothing but Tikis in Smash Run, which, based on Kritters and "Large Kremling," there aren't.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
The presence of Tikis doesn't contradict anything he said. They only would if there were nothing but Tikis in Smash Run, which, based on Kritters and "Large Kremling," there aren't.
I never said that they contradicted anything.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118

Great points, still.
I'm not entirely sure what point you are trying to make with this picture (If it sounded like I was suggesting more recent enemies would not appear, I apologise). As BKupa mentioned, the second point I wanted to make is that, at least as far as Smash Bros is concerned, the Kremlings aren't being replaced with the Tikis, and the argument that they are is one I have seen used before as a negative against K. Rool making an appearance.

DingoPlatinum

Smash Rookie
We are gonna have japanese Nintendo Direct tomorrow! Could this mean possible veteran character reveal or japanese wanted newcomer?
Also there is a rumour about Diddy Kong racing 2.

Seems like I can't post links yet. Go to MyNintendoNews to see the News.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
We are gonna have japanese Nintendo Direct tomorrow! Could this mean possible veteran character reveal or japanese wanted newcomer?

The Direct is going to focus on 3rd party games. Nothing Smash-related.

We might get a veteran in tomorrow's PotD, though.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118

It's a possibility; people seem to be expecting another character to be announced soon and the Direct tomorrow does line up quite nicely. The 3rd party focus puts a bit of a damper on it but I am not sure whether this is a complete disconfirmation. In particular, were Rosalina/Little Mac announced in Smash Bros specific Directs?

Also, to steer my post into more relevant territory: how popular is K. Rool in Japan? If a new character were announced would it be likely to be him or are there other, more highly anticipated newcomers in that region?

D

Deleted member

The only Directs that are worth looking into for Smash are the every-other-month global Nintendo Directs.
The next one won't be until August.

The fact that tomorrow's Direct isn't one of those Directs means there is very little chance of there being a Newcomer. Especially since it is Japan-exclusive (from what I understand) and focused on non-Nintendo games.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Then why did you post a picture of the Tiki enemy in the first place?
Am I not allowed to post pictures of whatever I want here (within the realm of relevancy)? You guys are way too serious here. Lighten up.

I'm not entirely sure what point you are trying to make with this picture (If it sounded like I was suggesting more recent enemies would not appear, I apologise). As BKupa mentioned, the second point I wanted to make is that, at least as far as Smash Bros is concerned, the Kremlings aren't being replaced with the Tikis, and the argument that they are is one I have seen used before as a negative against K. Rool making an appearance.
I wasn't really trying to make any points here. I agree with you. I just felt like posting a picture of the Tiki Buzzes to remind that they aren't being forgotten either.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
The only Directs that are worth looking into for Smash are the every-other-month global Nintendo Directs.
The next one won't be until August.

The fact that tomorrow's Direct isn't one of those Directs means there is very little chance of there being a Newcomer. Especially since it is Japan-exclusive (from what I understand) and focused on non-Nintendo games.
yeah but there's no harm in checking, right?

D

Deleted member

Unless Sakurai is in charge of the Direct tomorrow for whatever reason, Sakurai being Sakurai doesn't mean anything.

FirstBlade

Smash Journeyman
So, does anybody expect something to come from EVO. Personally, I'm expecting nothing but somebody brought up to me the fact that Melee finals are surrounded by "Announcements and Awards". It is most likely general EVO announcements but I think there is about 1% possibility something could be revealed.
[collapse="EVO schedule"][/collapse]

Also, look at what Nintendo tweeted:
[collapse="Nintendo Tweet"]
[/collapse]

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
So, does anybody expect something to come from EVO. Personally, I'm expecting nothing but somebody brought up to me the fact that Melee finals are surrounded by "Announcements and Awards". It is most likely general EVO announcements but I think there is about 1% possibility something could be revealed.
[collapse="EVO schedule"][/collapse]

Also, look at what Nintendo tweeted:
[collapse="Nintendo Tweet"]
[/collapse]
Quick question, what did the Nintendo Tweet say? It isn't loading for me.

FirstBlade

Smash Journeyman
Quick question, what did the Nintendo Tweet say? It isn't loading for me.
Nintendo is holding its first ever Smash Bros. for 3DS tournament at Comic-Con. They are streaming it on their Twitch channel on July 25th.

I thought it was sort of neat and interesting and also probably a miniscule chance they might show something off. Personally, I'm not expecting anything though.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Nintendo is holding its first ever Smash Bros. for 3DS tournament at Comic-Con. They are streaming it on their Twitch channel on July 25th.

I thought it was sort of neat and interesting and also probably a miniscule chance they might show something off. Personally, I'm not expecting anything though.
Alright thanks so much. For some reason the image wouldn't load for me.

Top Bottom