• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Already was disconfirmed by the Jungle Japes stage awhile ago.
...Un-bury him and Bury him again, but in a different spot.
All characters must Be Prepared for the circumstances of de-confirmation.
...This is a Song Que.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I absolutely saw and faught Galleom, but how is it relevant to

I also picked up a trophy called Cranky Kong if that's of any discussion.
How does it work?

BKupa seems to think that because Galleom appears as a boss, "individual character" have a chance of getting in instead of just minibosses. Even though Galleom is merely a random SSE enemy and isn't really all that significant. He's not a major Nintendo iconic boss, generic enemy, or anything of the sort.

Does Cranky still appear in Jungle Japes? I heard Cranky was missing.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
That's the second time people have been talking about a mysterious Smash Run enemy and you've come in and said you've seen it. Can you just do a rundown of everything you remember seeing in Smash Run just to clear the air in case anything else comes up later?

Also, @wildvine47 reported seeing a Cranky trophy as well, which is interesting. . .what did his pose look like?
I had seen the trophy as well. It looked like his Brawl trophy.

Edit: Heck, I was the first one to go to the Cranky Kong thread and bring it up.

Last edited:

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
When Cranky Kong joins the battle, Wrinkly Kong is in charge of making a silhouette in the window. Wrinkly Kong: Leave it to me! :troll:

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
BKupa seems to think that because Galleom appears as a boss, "individual character" have a chance of getting in instead of just minibosses. Even though Galleom is merely a random SSE enemy and isn't really all that significant. He's not a major Nintendo iconic boss, generic enemy, or anything of the sort.
Galleom is random and insignificant, but he's still an individual boss character who, unless cloned, opens up the door for other individual boss characters to show up. For the people thinking Klubba or Kudgel were probably showing up as "Large Kremling," this changes nothing, it just broadens the mode's scope from just generic large enemies.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
...Un-bury him and Bury him again, but in a different spot.
All characters must Be Prepared for the circumstances of de-confirmation.
...This is a Song Que.
This is my chance to be popular and have friends.

Zynux

Smash Lord
Are all these alternate skins being revealed in the POTDs giving anyone hope for K. Rool? Putting on costumes is basically his thing. I'd love to see a Kaptain costume, or even a boxer one.
It would be such a missed opportunity for K. Rool to not have any alternate costumes, as it's pretty much his Shtick.

The only time I could see K. Rool not having any alt costumes is if he changes costumes during battle, with possibly some moves he performs changing his look to fit the attack. Or if he has multiple "stances", where can change his moveset properties based on his costume.

This is my chance to be popular and have friends.]
It worked! We are now Komrades in arms, Klumps fighting side by side. We ride together, we *Burphonk* together.

As for popularity, the lady kremlings are squealing as we speak Embarrass

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
It would be such a missed opportunity for K. Rool to not have any alternate costumes, as it's pretty much his Shtick.

The only time I could see K. Rool not having any alt costumes is if he changes costumes during battle, with possibly some moves he performs changing his look to fit the attack. Or if he has multiple "stances", where can change his moveset properties based on his costume.
Yeah, if K. Rool is playable he'll at LEAST have Kaptain K. Rool's outfit.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
most of it was posted before. And I misspoke, the boss I assuredly fought was a large Roturret. I played smashrun maybe six times with three characters, and focused on the feel of them over the enemies. Mostly, there's just so much going on and it lasts do long that its hard to keep track.

cranky is hunched over. I know I missed a big chest one time I played and I was kicking myself for it.

Also of note though is that it was two roturret, or one if it and something else. When they hit you, they hit hard,and amidst a slur of many enemies. Each smash run seems to be themed. I certainly got the DK main theme the once. I will be more explicit when I get my computer back to post from. all I can add is that, having seen the DK enemy course, I cannot fathom King K Rool being a boss, the chaos of it alone would be insulting. it truly would not feel inclusive to his character, big kremling could actually just mean bigger kremlings. if bosses are what were shown, they are often heavily surrounded and not easily distinguishable. Most dont even seem to have much in depth characterization

Last edited:

wilttilt

Smash Apprentice
Don't mind me, just stopping by with some fan art. Got randomly inspired yesterday, took a model into Blender, and managed to pop out this bad boy through the day.

Feels a bit rushed, I may go back and do some adjusting, but I would say it looks good enough for now. The pose feels uninspired, but I did the best with what I've got I guess. And I suppose you could add me to the support list if you feel like it :p

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Don't mind me, just stopping by with some fan art. Got randomly inspired yesterday, took a model into Blender, and managed to pop out this bad boy through the day.

Feels a bit rushed, I may go back and do some adjusting, but I would say it looks good enough for now. The pose feels uninspired, but I did the best with what I've got I guess. And I suppose you could add me to the support list if you feel like it :p
That's an amazing model, it looks like how an up to date King K Rool would look. I really like it.

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
I want to see K. Rool and Chorus Men so badly. But we're probably gonna end up seeing Shulk.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah, I'm not sure who it could be. My guess is its probably Shulk, though. Still, Ridley would be the better character to reveal next.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I kinda doubt K. Rool would be announced Monday. I'd be ecstatic if he was, but mostlikely it'll be Shulk. The only other option is Ridley, really. K. Rool would be more likely to be unlockable, but Ridley has all the teasing going for him.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Out of all the remaining Gematsu newcomers, he's the mostlikely and most obvious. There's nothing standing in his way, we know Gematsu is legit but outdated, Shulk is extremely popular worldwide and now would be the prime opportunity to announce him.

Chrom and Chorus Men are oddballs, they'd seem more likely to be announced later or just be plain unlockable. Well, Chrom's not an oddball, but we just got Ike recently, I doubt we'll get Chrom or another FE rep so soon. (Keep in mind, I don't necessarily believe Gematsu is 100% accurate. Of the leaked characters, Chrom and Chorus Men are the most likely ones who could've been shifted in early development.)

The only thing against Shulk is him not being in Xenoblade X and Xenoblade X not coming out until next year. However, out of all the "leaked" newcomers, Shulk is the most hype worthy, and boy are they hyping this announcement. At the same time, though, Shulk does feel like he'd be a better pick to be announced closer to the Japanese release...

I still think Shulk is the mostlikely pick for this newcomer, but I'm really hoping its someone else, preferably a non-Gematsu newcomer.

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
Thanks, nice explanation. Between the three Gematsu newcomer, I agree Shulk is the most probable, but I really hope it's a non-Gematsu newcomer too. I wish the newcomer is K Rool because Sakurai said there are few newcomer videos left, so less newcomers, and I really want to be sure that K Rool is among them.

Go, K Rool! :ness:

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Im gonna make a little flag that says "I roll for the Rool" for Monday.
Also, I entered my facebook and everyone was like "its gonna be Chorus Kids"... looks like I need to remember some people what "hour" it is.
But yeah, not getting my hopes very high still...

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Im gonna make a little flag that says "I roll for the Rool" for Monday.
Also, I entered my facebook and everyone was like "its gonna be Chorus Kids"... looks like I need to remember some people what "hour" it is.
But yeah, not getting my hopes very high still...
Chorus Kids would be a horrible thing to hype really. At least Shulk is halfways decent. The best ones to hype would be K. Rool or Ridley, though.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Chorus Kids would be a horrible thing to hype really. At least Shulk is halfways decent. The best ones to hype would be K. Rool or Ridley, though.
Well, of all of the Gematsu candidates, Shulk is the one who sounds more intriguing. Then it follows Chrom because you wonder how is Sakurai gonna make him different from the other two FE guys. And last for me is Chorus Kids, poor fellas got their staple of "ultimate Gematsu confirmation". But Im sure any character they reveal is gonna be pretty cool.

But K. Rool would be the best.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Thanks, nice explanation. Between the three Gematsu newcomer, I agree Shulk is the most probable, but I really hope it's a non-Gematsu newcomer too. I wish the newcomer is K Rool because Sakurai said there are few newcomer videos left, so less newcomers, and I really want to be sure that K Rool is among them.

Go, K Rool! :ness:
Number of videos does not equate to number of newcomers, just number of newcomers announced before release.

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
Number of videos does not equate to number of newcomers, just number of newcomers announced before release.
Oh sorry I meant that I wanted to see K Rool in a video before they end, because I really want to know if he's in or not as soon as possible.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
The enemy runs, or at least the areas of the rubs for certain games, are themed. During one game I had a ton of kremlings, the cranky trophy, and if I hadn't been hit away in sure the area would have shown more. It was a DK themed area of the run.
Could you describe the "themes" aspect of Smash Run you mentioned more?

TheRealLegit StevenSeagal

Smash Apprentice
Shulk creator retweeted sakurais post, seems very likely it's shulk. Just saying don't get hopes up for K.rool... on other hand low expectations will make it all the much sweeter if it's the king.. so low expectations from me!

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
It's so frustrating that threads like ours and Ridley's are so fretful about whether our character will show up at all despite them having every reason to, and have wanted our choices for so long, while Shulk and Chrom fans sprung up within the past two years, and can now basically just sit back and relax, knowing they're about to get theirs without delay.

There's absolutely the possibility of secret newcomers without trailers happening, what with Sakurai's quote about trailers being that "we will still present the new characters with intro cutscenes." Hidden newcomers aren't presented, and that quote doesn't say 'all new characters.' I won't lie and say the 'bottom of the barrel' quote doesn't worry me a fair amount though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom