• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

RogersBase

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RogersBase
3DS FC
1848-1722-4915
Heh, you'd think Sakurai developed Xenoblade or something. . .

Anyhow, the Kremling Kampaign is currently reaching out to Roger DiLuigi of the JapanTime podcast on Twitter, as well as JonTron from YouTube, but it would certainly be helpful if more than just the main account tweeted to them. If you're on Twitter, do the movement a big favor and request to @ RogersBase RogersBase and @JonTronShow that they tweet out plugs for the kremlingkampaign.wordpress.com website for #KRool4Smash4. The more people who ask, the better the chances are of them spreading the word to 25 thousand followers apiece.

Hop to it, Kutthroats!
I was tagged in this post so I figure that I should at least comment on it.

Here's the thing about the internet. Things are written in ink, not pencil. When you say something about someone, it sticks, no matter how much time has passed.

You're currently putting together a fan campaign to get King K. Rool as DLC in Smash? Awesome, best of luck to you. But will I be helping to spread the word? Absolutely not. I was going to tweet about it and then I recognized the K. Rool avatar.

This is you, isn't it?

As someone who previously (and successfully) ran two big fan polls for Sakurai-san, I can't tell you the number of "YOU SUCK FOR NOT INCLUDING THIS CHARACTER/THIS POLL IS RIGGED SCREW YOU" tweets and e-mails that I have received over the years. Usually, I don't pay any attention to them. However, when a moderator on Smashboards, a site that I truly love and respect, calls me a "bozo" and the poll that I worked on a joke, I take notice and remember.

This "bozo" now runs one of the most successful Super Smash Bros. podcasts on the internet, has a loving and supportive fan base of 25k+ followers on Twitter and more friends in the Smash community than I ever thought I would have the pleasure of interacting with.

Next time you ask for help from someone, make note of whether or not you ever disrespected their work. Cheers.

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman

Here's the thing about the internet. Things are written in ink, not pencil. When you say something about someone, it sticks, no matter how much time has passed.

You're currently putting together a fan campaign to get King K. Rool as DLC in Smash? Awesome, best of luck to you. But will I be helping to spread the word? Absolutely not. I was going to tweet about it and then I recognized the K. Rool avatar.

This is you, isn't it?

As someone who previously (and successfully) ran two big fan polls for Sakurai-san, I can't tell you the number of "YOU SUCK FOR NOT INCLUDING THIS CHARACTER/THIS POLL IS RIGGED SCREW YOU" tweets and e-mails that I have received over the years. Usually, I don't pay any attention to them. However, when a moderator on Smashboards, a site that I truly love and respect, calls me a "bozo" and the poll that I worked on a joke, I take notice and remember.

This "bozo" now runs one of the most successful Super Smash Bros. podcasts on the internet, has a loving and supportive fan base of 25k+ followers on Twitter and more friends in the Smash community than I ever thought I would have the pleasure of interacting with.

Next time you ask for help from someone, make note of whether or not you ever disrespected their work. Cheers.
U mad, bro?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

This is you, isn't it?

Woah man, calm down. He just wanted to spread the word. Jeesh.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

This is you, isn't it?

At the time, there were individuals cataloging irregularities in how quickly people were voting on certain characters, rather than others. At the time, before I became a mod and gained a bit more common sense, I made the hasty judgment call to slap the blame on you, rather than the actual people using bots. I own up to this. It's your prerogative to not help the movement based on this. Know that I do apologize for said hasty judgment, and hope you recognize it was the poor outburst it was, rather than some underlying sentiment I or anyone else in this thread holds. Cheers in return.

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781

This is you, isn't it?

Hey, remember how that happened 2 years ago? Plus, I can take a quick look at that post and see...
Unfortunately, that won't be the case, according to the bozo in charge.

@bond2425 said: @ RogersBase RogersBase Will you only be showing the character that's wins the Smash Polls to Sakurai? Or all the characters that competed in the Polls?

To which @ RogersBase RogersBase replied: @bond2425 Only the character that wins.

So much for this thing having any shred of credibility.
And frankly I agree. So what if you're apparently popular? While you're here, you're on the same grounds as everyone else who isn't a mod. Frankly, I haven't even heard of you before now, and you're not giving a very good first impression.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Guys....

This just blew my mind.

Smash Run is a boat! 0_o

RogersBase

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RogersBase
3DS FC
1848-1722-4915
At the time, there were individuals cataloging irregularities in how quickly people were voting on certain characters, rather than others. At the time, before I became a mod and gained a bit more common sense, I made the hasty judgment call to slap the blame on you, rather than the actual people using bots. I own up to this. It's your prerogative to not help the movement based on this. Know that I do apologize for said hasty judgment, and hope you recognize it was the poor outburst it was, rather than some underlying sentiment I or anyone else in this thread holds. Cheers in return.
Apology accepted. Thanks for replying. :]

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Anyhow, to the 90+ people viewing as guests, check out the website linked in the title for additional information on the 'K. Rool for Smash DLC' movement.

Guys....

This just blew my mind.

Smash Run is a boat! 0_o
Gangplank Galleon confirmed.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Apology accepted. Thanks for replying. :]
<3 Roger. Before you leave, who do you have for a reveal on Monday? Also, I know you used to doubt Ridley's playability, but before you leave this forum, i recommend asking some people in the Ridley thread for the evidence towards Ridley's playability (shadow evidence, character speed, Sakurai teasing, etc.). It would be an interesting discussion for Japan Time

Big fan of Japan Time. Cheers.

Last edited:

RogersBase

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RogersBase
3DS FC
1848-1722-4915
<3 Roger. Before you leave, who do you have for a reveal on Monday? Also, I know you used to doubt Ridley's playability, but before you leave this forum, i recommend asking some people in the Ridley thread for the evidence towards Ridley's playability (shadow evidence, character speed, Sakurai teasing, etc.). It would be an interesting discussion for Japan Time

Big fan of Japan Time. Cheers.
Thanks! Always nice to hear from a fan! I actually JUST made a video on the Monday announcement. My guess is Shulk though I wouldn't be opposed to King K. Rool since we always need more villains.

That being said, there's simply too much pointing toward Shulk for it not to happen. I'd be very surprised if we got a different character.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Thanks! Always nice to hear from a fan! I actually JUST made a video on the Monday announcement. My guess is Shulk though I wouldn't be opposed to King K. Rool since we always need more villains.

That being said, there's simply too much pointing toward Shulk for it not to happen. I'd be very surprised if we got a different character.
Alright! Sorry, didn't check youtube today yet. Again, I recommend checking out the Ridley thread. Specifically ask for @ Smashoperatingbuddy123 Smashoperatingbuddy123 and @aldelaro5 's posts on his supposed playability. It's a topic that needs more attention and Japan Time could be a great outlet for that.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

Gah, we have too much Swordsmen already, in my opinion.
Gematsu or not, Unique Gimmick or no Gimmick, enough is enough.
I do like Shulk/Xenoblade, but seriously.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Gah, we have too much Swordsmen already, in my opinion.
Gematsu or not, Unique Gimmick or no Gimmick, enough is enough.
I do like Shulk/Xenoblade, but seriously.
We also have enough fighters that punch and kick, and enough that shoot stuff right? :rolleyes:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I must ask - is Project M out of the question for King K. Rool? As of now, of course.
I haven't looked at Project M too much, but from what I've seen, most of its members and developers are eyeing Dixie as a candidate moreso than K. Rool due to her being an easier candidate for their 'clone engine' or whatever it's called. Dixie could clearly be based off of Diddy's model, while the closest K. Rool has to a functional clone model is Dedede, and even he's quite different.

However, I did see a thread over in General Discussion the other day talking about how the Wii U got hacked for Mario Kart 8. So long as K. Rool gets a character model on the Wii U (which, based on trophies and other possible roles, is a guarantee), he could be added in that way in a few years.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Yea that makes shulk the most likely at this point but

It does not neccesary rule out the king crocodile and ridley for are july 14th character (or one of the other gemusatu characters.)

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I haven't looked at Project M too much, but from what I've seen, most of its members and developers are eyeing Dixie as a candidate moreso than K. Rool due to her being an easier candidate for their 'clone engine' or whatever it's called. Dixie could clearly be based off of Diddy's model, while the closest K. Rool has to a functional clone model is Dedede, and even he's quite different.

However, I did see a thread over in General Discussion the other day talking about how the Wii U got hacked for Mario Kart 8. So long as K. Rool gets a character model on the Wii U (which, based on trophies and other possible roles, is a guarantee), he could be added in that way in a few years.
Ugh. Have we really sunk this low? Honestly if we get some random singers who aren't even the main character of their franchise and a third blue-haired Fire Emblem swordsman instead of two of the most requested villains for Smash, I'm going to flat out give up on Sakurai.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Ugh. Have we really sunk this low? Honestly if we get some random singers who aren't even the main character of their franchise and a third blue-haired Fire Emblem swordsman instead of two of the most requested villains for Smash, I'm going to flat out give up on Sakurai.
I still think Ridley is playable. Maybe the Gematsu leak is just the characters to be announced before release? There's nothing to suggest K. Rool or Mewtwo at this point, but Ridley... ugh, Ridley LOOKS like a playable character, and his shadow is incredibly small. The Ridley thread found a great shadow comparison between Ridley's shadow and Mega Man's, and Ridley's shadow is about double the size of Mega Man's. And Mega Man is a medium-size character, relatively short. Ridley is way too small to be a boss at this point.

I'm not going to sink to the level of trying to request K. Rool for Project M, though. I'm going to kampaign for K. Rool DLC. I should log into twitter and see if there's anything on KRool4Smash4 I can retweet, and I'm going to finish up that K. Rool video tonight. Although I don't have N64 boss footage... hmm... I'll see if I can get a save file.

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
I still believe K. Rool could easily be in the final roster. Sure he may not have a leak on his side, nor constant teasing of his shadow but he has popularity. K. Rool is definitely one of the top five most wanted newcomers in the world. If September comes around and he is not included, we push harder for his DLC inclusion.

ChosenZelos

Smash Apprentice
I'm all for Chrom, He's pretty awesome, yeah it would be a bit odd with having three blue-haired Fire Emblem Lords, but I'm sure they could give him a unique moveset? I wouldn't mind if they wen't with Robin though.

I do have a lot of beef against Chorus Men. It will make my blood boil. I just really can't understand the justification of giving them a roster spot. I could understand representing the Rhythm Heaven series through AT or other means.

It's just disappointing to see DK constantly get the short end of things. There are no revealed DK stages, no assist trophies (CHUNKY WHERE ARE YOU), and only two playable characters.

I think it's also bad game design/philosophy if they decided on a roster before production even began (which seems to be the case according to Gematsu), You would think the roster and other aspects would evolve as develop went on. With internal discussions and reviews about what's being development. I do think Gematsu is real, but it seems to be from the early stages of Smash 4's development. So for these reasons I'm optimistic in my hope that K. Rool will have a spot.

/endrant

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm all for Chrom, He's pretty awesome, yeah it would be a bit odd with having three blue-haired Fire Emblem Lords, but I'm sure they could give him a unique moveset? I wouldn't mind if they wen't with Robin though.

I do have a lot of beef against Chorus Men. It will make my blood boil. I just really can't understand the justification of giving them a roster spot. I could understand representing the Rhythm Heaven series through AT or other means.

It's just disappointing to see DK constantly get the short end of things. There are no revealed DK stages, no assist trophies (CHUNKY WHERE ARE YOU), and only two playable characters.

I think it's also bad game design/philosophy if they decided on a roster before production even began (which seems to be the case according to Gematsu), You would think the roster and other aspects would evolve as develop went on. With internal discussions and reviews about what's being development. I do think Gematsu is real, but it seems to be from the early stages of Smash 4's development. So for these reasons I'm optimistic in my hope that K. Rool will have a spot.

/endrant
Of course the roster would evolve as development went on. That always happens. At the same time, Sakurai does decide on the roster he wants to include at the beginning of development, but things can change throughout development and characters get cut or replace, new last-minute characters are added, etc.

ChosenZelos

Smash Apprentice
Of course the roster would evolve as development went on. That always happens. At the same time, Sakurai does decide on the roster he wants to include at the beginning of development, but things can change throughout development and characters get cut or replace, new last-minute characters are added, etc.
Yeah, though the Gematsu list looks like it's from the very early stages of development.

A Pokemon from X or Y

They weren't able to specify which one. Sakurai stated at E3 that they had set aside a spot for one Pokemon from X and Y and eventually decided to go with Greninja due to artwork?

As well as the lack of Gematsu mentioning Rosalina, this gives me hope that the Gematsu leak is very old, and that we may see completely different characters.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
This whole Monday announcement is too damn weird. All evidence points to Shulk, but why Shulk? Why does Shulk get announced on July 14th? Why does he get a 3-minute video? Why tease him in this way when they could just announce him later? In fact, frankly, I think to hype to the Japanese better it'd make more sense to announce Shulk later.

Ridley or K. Rool would make more sense as two of the most popular character requests. A three minute video to show off Shulk is weird, but a 3 minute video to show off a villains trailer? Hell yes! Doesn't seem likely at this point, though.

King_K_Rules

Smash Journeyman
A villians trailer sounds like something they would hype up in this way. Not a protagonist of a game that barely got localized.

ChosenZelos

Smash Apprentice
This whole Monday announcement is too damn weird. All evidence points to Shulk, but why Shulk? Why does Shulk get announced on July 14th? Why does he get a 3-minute video? Why tease him in this way when they could just announce him later? In fact, frankly, I think to hype to the Japanese better it'd make more sense to announce Shulk later.

Ridley or K. Rool would make more sense as two of the most popular character requests. A three minute video to show off Shulk is weird, but a 3 minute video to show off a villains trailer? Hell yes! Doesn't seem likely at this point, though.
Hmm, it does seem odd, none of the other newcomer videos have been that long iirc? Maybe this one will be more in line with Grenijna's and finally reveal a bunch of veterans too?

It could also be that since Shulk is more of a lesser known character he fits better into a small-scale event? One in which only Smash players will be interested in? I'm not too sure.

The three minutes is interesting. Hopefully it's Ridley or K. Rool! I feel like if one is revealed the other is most likely to get in.

Top Bottom