• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
The Shulk thread is trying to beat us in the number of supporters!
I'm sorry, I think I gave them the idea.
@ BKupa666 BKupa666 , I think you should update the support list, before they beat the unupdated list.

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
@ BKupa666 BKupa666 , I think you should update the support list, before they beat the unupdated list.
I agree with this for real tho.

Those Shulk supporters are going crazy. They're acting as if he's confirmed to be playable already.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I'll probably update this weekend before I go on vacation anyhow.

Let's not concern ourselves with what that thread is doing. It's just bandwagoning right now, and from zealots wasting their time trying to gather every single Shulk fan on other forums to "prove" they're better than us for whatever reason, rather than just naturally letting the list grow on Smashboards alone. We're not that desperate.

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I'll probably update this weekend before I go on vacation anyhow.

Let's not concern ourselves with what that thread is doing. It's just bandwagoning right now, and from zealots wasting their time trying to gather every single Shulk fan on other forums to "prove" they're better than us for whatever reason, rather than just naturally letting the list grow on Smashboards alone. We're not that desperate.
Reminds me of a quote I made many months ago.

"I never thought bandwagoners essential. They're crude, and unspeakably plain. But maybe they've a glimmer of potential, if allied to my vision and brain."

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The trailer music for King K. Rool would have to be one of his boss themes, possibly remixed.
Crocodile Cacophony. That'd be the prime pick. But that's kinda unlikely, if anything it'd be Gangplank Galleon. But, still, Crocodile Cacophony is awesome.

Kaptain K. Roolenstein

Smash Apprentice
Whenever I hear Shulk's name I instantly imagine it as "she hulk", like a regular Hulk with a wig and lipstick yet still looks like a guy for some reason, all big and whatnot. I probably just pissed off the Shulk fans now, so if you'll excuse me, I shall go through unorthodox procedures to eliminate that horrifying image from my mind.

Last edited:

ChosenZelos

Smash Apprentice
Whenever I hear Shulk's name I instantly imagine it as "she hulk", like a regular Hulk with a wig and lipstick yet still looks like a guy for some reason, all big and whatnot. I probably just pissed off the Shulk fans now, so if you'll excuse me, I shall go through unorthodox procedures to eliminate that horrifying image from my mind.
I feel like your sig is very suitable for your post.

StrangeTamer

Smash Cadet
A villians trailer sounds like something they would hype up in this way. Not a protagonist of a game that barely got localized.
You know, this could work out very well. Considering the trailer is 3 minutes, some have been speculating a veteran reveal alongside the newcomer, and they could reveal Ganondorf (hopefully with a revamped moveset) like they did with Charizard. The trailer could start with some build up; Mario Vs. Bowser, Link Vs. Ganondorf, Kirby Vs. King Dedede (or perhaps they would switch it up for the fun of it and have Mario fight Ganondorf, Link fight Dedede, and Kirby fighting Bowser), then King K. Rool is revealed, and a whole Heroes Vs. Villians segment plays through

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
I'm doing a reference drawing of K. Rool on a little sketch pad I keep handy and something about it just... I dunno... awoke something? Like an epiphany or something. The drawing's not remarkable in anyway, it's just a side-profile to help me keep my dimensions and structure consistent.

But I just really like King K. Rool. It's an odd thing to say. I mean it's large part as to why I'm even here. But it's like I've actually just fully realized it for the first time.
I'm just drawing...thinking about what I intend to do next... does it look right etc. And it clicked. He is just a really great character.

I think if all is said and done and he's not in Smash I think I might be alright with that. I'm not beholden to it as I used to be anymore. I've got a burst of true clarity for the first time in a long while. At least right now.
I'm... well... happy.
I'm quite happy he's a part of my life.

Here's the image in question. It's nothing remarkable like I said. But it meant more to me than I expected.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
You know, this could work out very well. Considering the trailer is 3 minutes, some have been speculating a veteran reveal alongside the newcomer, and they could reveal Ganondorf (hopefully with a revamped moveset) like they did with Charizard. The trailer could start with some build up; Mario Vs. Bowser, Link Vs. Ganondorf, Kirby Vs. King Dedede (or perhaps they would switch it up for the fun of it and have Mario fight Ganondorf, Link fight Dedede, and Kirby fighting Bowser), then King K. Rool is revealed, and a whole Heroes Vs. Villians segment plays through
3 minute long trailer reveal definitely seems to scream "veteran announcement" alongside a newcomer. However, as much as I want it to be K. Rool, I think Ridley is more likely. Still, anything that's non-Gematsu helps K. Rool.

The only other thing I can think of is announcing Roy alongside a new FE character. Mewtwo would be perfectly acceptable appearing in a villains trailer, but I doubt Mewtwo would appear alongside yet another new Pokemon. We already had that with Charizard and Greninja.

Other people have suggested maybe Captain Falcon and a new F-Zero character, but I kinda doubt that as well. The only thing that makes logical sense for a three-minute video is a villains trailer, which a lot of people have been hoping for. In a hypothetical Villains Trailer, I can see it teasing an unannounced K. Rool and showing Ridley, plus perhaps returning villains like Ganondorf, Mewtwo, and Wolf or Wario.

A "Villains Trailer" may in fact replace website announcements and then we'll get 1-2 more newcomer reveals at future Directs, and that's it for the starting roster (with some of the known characters probably unlockable).

All the teases seem to be for Shulk, but I don't see how Shulk works in a 3-minute video. And although he's popular, I don't see how he's popular enough to hype this in this way.

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
3 minute long trailer reveal definitely seems to scream "veteran announcement" alongside a newcomer. However, as much as I want it to be K. Rool, I think Ridley is more likely. Still, anything that's non-Gematsu helps K. Rool.

The only other thing I can think of is announcing Roy alongside a new FE character. Mewtwo would be perfectly acceptable appearing in a villains trailer, but I doubt Mewtwo would appear alongside yet another new Pokemon. We already had that with Charizard and Greninja.

Other people have suggested maybe Captain Falcon and a new F-Zero character, but I kinda doubt that as well. The only thing that makes logical sense for a three-minute video is a villains trailer, which a lot of people have been hoping for. In a hypothetical Villains Trailer, I can see it teasing an unannounced K. Rool and showing Ridley, plus perhaps returning villains like Ganondorf, Mewtwo, and Wolf or Wario.

A "Villains Trailer" may in fact replace website announcements and then we'll get 1-2 more newcomer reveals at future Directs, and that's it for the starting roster (with some of the known characters probably unlockable).

All the teases seem to be for Shulk, but I don't see how Shulk works in a 3-minute video. And although he's popular, I don't see how he's popular enough to hype this in this way.
I thought the Miis announcment wouldn't bring much hype and would be kinda lame. Boy was I wrong.:laugh:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I thought it was lame. It killed my hype for a while. The only thing I liked was Reggie and Iwata fighting.
I don't mind the Miis being there. I think it is fun to be able to beat up Bowser as yourself.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I do not understand all of the blatant grieving and hostility towards the announcement Sakurai made about a new character being revealed. Is it because he said that there are not many videos left? That Shulk himself retweeted the annoucement?

As far as I see, it is the intrinsic assumption that seems to be placed about Gematsu that makes it upsetting.
We need to look at the assumptions we are making here.
One, that Gematsu is correct. Yes, a lot of it is. Okay, concede. Likely so, but it is still an assumption.
Two, that it is all the characters. Rosalina disproves this, and to me it shows that she either was added later to development, or that she was initially going to be secret, and later switched to not be a secret character (thusly leaked). Which brings me to point three-
Gematsu is all the characters we will get. Why? What point does that serve to reveal all of the characters? Judging by who we have seen revealed, it seems to be the characters who would generate most hype in the non-smash fans; that is, not characters particularly wanted by fans already established in the game, but by outside sources. Variation. It would make complete sense for the locked characters to be the ones we have wanted to be in the entire time, the ones previous with some connection to smash in some way (as a boss, trophy, AT, etc). It would serve Sakurai little to blatantly ignore all of these characters.

Honestly I cannot fathom the Gemtatsu leak being anything but the characters who would be revealed before the game. We all seem to even glaze over the rosalina bit, but either she was added later, not included on the leak intentionally (potentially along with others), or was originally not going to be revealed and then later was (likely because she was switched onto the starting roster-- perhaps the reverse happened with Ike and chrom, where Ike was going to be secret and chrom starting roster, but after the leak, they were switched). We have more evidence pointing TOWARDS more characters from the leak than not.

Now-- if the leak is not what is disappointing people, what is?
We were given information about a new character reveal. It will be a big deal. We were told specifically that we are near the end of new character videos, which we knew- the game is coming out soon. That almost sounds specifically like we should in fact expect more characters to be in the game, or else he would have surely said 'there are not more new characters,' because if it were all the newcomers, he would have told us. THAT is terrible marketing, pretending to possibly have more newcomers when you do not have anymore. If all the newcomers are somehow revealed before game launch, the point would be because everyone would find out and he wants us to know.

Guys, we have more characters. I honestly think it will be Shulk, but if not, my money is on Ridley.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
But... compare Ridley to samus, DK to K Rool.

K Rool is---- too big.
I think in general if you compare K. Rool's bosses to Ridley's bosses, K. Rool is generally a bit more bigger. Of course, Ridley is extremely small in this game, and when Nintendo wants to make a boss playable, they shrink the boss down. Problem solved.

I do not understand all of the blatant grieving and hostility towards the announcement Sakurai made about a new character being revealed. Is it because he said that there are not many videos left? That Shulk himself retweeted the annoucement?

As far as I see, it is the intrinsic assumption that seems to be placed about Gematsu that makes it upsetting.
We need to look at the assumptions we are making here.
One, that Gematsu is correct. Yes, a lot of it is. Okay, concede. Likely so, but it is still an assumption.
Two, that it is all the characters. Rosalina disproves this, and to me it shows that she either was added later to development, or that she was initially going to be secret, and later switched to not be a secret character (thusly leaked). Which brings me to point three-
Gematsu is all the characters we will get. Why? What point does that serve to reveal all of the characters? Judging by who we have seen revealed, it seems to be the characters who would generate most hype in the non-smash fans; that is, not characters particularly wanted by fans already established in the game, but by outside sources. Variation. It would make complete sense for the locked characters to be the ones we have wanted to be in the entire time, the ones previous with some connection to smash in some way (as a boss, trophy, AT, etc). It would serve Sakurai little to blatantly ignore all of these characters.

Honestly I cannot fathom the Gemtatsu leak being anything but the characters who would be revealed before the game. We all seem to even glaze over the rosalina bit, but either she was added later, not included on the leak intentionally (potentially along with others), or was originally not going to be revealed and then later was (likely because she was switched onto the starting roster-- perhaps the reverse happened with Ike and chrom, where Ike was going to be secret and chrom starting roster, but after the leak, they were switched). We have more evidence pointing TOWARDS more characters from the leak than not.

Now-- if the leak is not what is disappointing people, what is?
We were given information about a new character reveal. It will be a big deal. We were told specifically that we are near the end of new character videos, which we knew- the game is coming out soon. That almost sounds specifically like we should in fact expect more characters to be in the game, or else he would have surely said 'there are not more new characters,' because if it were all the newcomers, he would have told us. THAT is terrible marketing, pretending to possibly have more newcomers when you do not have anymore. If all the newcomers are somehow revealed before game launch, the point would be because everyone would find out and he wants us to know.

Guys, we have more characters. I honestly think it will be Shulk, but if not, my money is on Ridley.
Every new announcement with a Gematsu newcomer just makes people more disappointed. All I want is a confirmation of one non-Gematsu newcomer and I'll be fine. I agree with you, but the diehard Gematsu believers seem to think Gematsu is ALL we're getting, and it rubs off on everyone else. All of the Kremling love, all the Ridley teases, lack of Isaac revealed as an AT so far... could hint at non-Gematsu characters, but I'd just like one character, ONE character announced not on the leak. And Rosalina doesn't work because you can make the argument that she was revealed between leaks.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I mean, Rosalina doesnt really work for me. If it works, then we must admit that things change, such as Little Mac, Mii, and Pacman being announced incorrectly with the first Gematsu leak.
Either way, hasnt rubbed off on me. I expect it to be a gematsu character and that would actually make me more convinced we have indeed just been getting the revealed starting roster.

That said, I'd love it if sakurai changed plans again, as I believe he did with Rosalina and Ike, and he changed gears because Gemtasu got so popular that he had to switch gears.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I think you made a mistake. That's not what will be used in K. Rool's trailer. Its what SHOULD be used in K. Rool's trailer. :D

I mean, Rosalina doesnt really work for me. If it works, then we must admit that things change, such as Little Mac, Mii, and Pacman being announced incorrectly with the first Gematsu leak.
Either way, hasnt rubbed off on me. I expect it to be a gematsu character and that would actually make me more convinced we have indeed just been getting the revealed starting roster.

That said, I'd love it if sakurai changed plans again, as I believe he did with Rosalina and Ike, and he changed gears because Gemtasu got so popular that he had to switch gears.
I think its incredibly possible the leak is the starting roster, as well... I'd just like a confirmation that was the case...

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Just updated the OP with all the new Kutthroats and artwork from the past 20 or so pages before I leave for the next week. People who have been asking several times to be on, like @BlueBubbee and @DingoPlatinum, feast your eyes. We've now passed the 400 marker, which is certainly a cause for celebration as well.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I am starting to see this a bit differently now.
The ploy is to build hype

Gematsu is not... hype worthy, to most anyone looking to pay attention to a newcomer at this point. It is what we expect.
Who is on this list? Chrom, Shulk, Chorus Kids.

What is done? An announced new character, big deal countdown. It is minutes long.
This all builds hype. Super!
But-- retweeted by Monolith, Shulks papa. So... directly leading the community that is paying attention to the road we already had established, in regards to newcomers.

It just seems, fishy to me. Like as much of a level of misdirection as everything else has been. The misdirection for all the other characters.
Maybe I'm hopping on board this meaning too much, because it is either too obviously Shulk, and everything Sakurai has done must be face value vulgar as it didnt seem to have been, or- he has been brilliantly marketing to appeal to many audiences.

I won't go as far as that extreme, but I do believe there is a pretty decent shot Shulk is in, and that Sakurai is utilizing some more advanced marketing strategy (asking monolith to send us down the wrong path) to keep us on our toes about who will be revealed, because even before that retweet most would have guessed Shulk, and what is the point of a reveal we are mostly all already guessing? Even less if we are hyping it.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Thanks for thread title change, BKupa. The thread already seems to be in a better mood.

Incidentally, from Sakurai's statement that they're reaching the bottom of the newcomer trailers... What do you think about the possibility of hidden newcomers? Has it increased or decreased?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I am starting to see this a bit differently now.
The ploy is to build hype

Gematsu is not... hype worthy, to most anyone looking to pay attention to a newcomer at this point. It is what we expect.
Who is on this list? Chrom, Shulk, Chorus Kids.

What is done? An announced new character, big deal countdown. It is minutes long.
This all builds hype. Super!
But-- retweeted by Monolith, Shulks papa. So... directly leading the community that is paying attention to the road we already had established, in regards to newcomers.

It just seems, fishy to me. Like as much of a level of misdirection as everything else has been. The misdirection for all the other characters.
Maybe I'm hopping on board this meaning too much, because it is either too obviously Shulk, and everything Sakurai has done must be face value vulgar as it didnt seem to have been, or- he has been brilliantly marketing to appeal to many audiences.

I won't go as far as that extreme, but I do believe there is a pretty decent shot Shulk is in, and that Sakurai is utilizing some more advanced marketing strategy (asking monolith to send us down the wrong path) to keep us on our toes about who will be revealed, because even before that retweet most would have guessed Shulk, and what is the point of a reveal we are mostly all already guessing? Even less if we are hyping it.
I agree with this... I mean, 3 minutes JUST for a Shulk reveal? Doesn't make sense. What would make far more sense is a Villain Trailer. Clearly he's trying to build hype. I already expect Shulk anyway (not a dead set 100% guarantee, there's maybe a small chance of a different Xenoblade character getting in IMO), but Shulk just doesn't seem that hype worthy to me.

Oh, awesome new thread title, BKupa.

Thanks for thread title change, BKupa. The thread already seems to be in a better mood.

Incidentally, from Sakurai's statement that they're reaching the bottom of the newcomer trailers... What do you think about the possibility of hidden newcomers? Has it increased or decreased?
He didn't say they were getting to the end of the newcomers, just the end of the newcomer videos. The wording seemed awfully fishy. I think it does increase the chance of hidden newcomers.

Are you disrespecting our almighty king? If he wants his finest hour, then so be it.
Of course I wasn't. I was merely saying that there's no way K. Rool's Finest Hour will be the music in his Smash Reveal. However, that's the music that SHOULD be in his Smash reveal, because it just fits too perfectly.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

Hidden newcomers, huh? Well, let's assume for the moment that we're definitely going to get the three remaining Gematsu characters. We have a character reveal on Monday, and almost certainly a character reveal in the August Direct. There even exists the possibility of a newcomer reveal in September, now that random newcomer reveals are a thing, but it may not be the most likely thing. So we're almost certainly going to get two more newcomers before release. Assuming the worst case scenario that both are Gematsu characters, that leaves one left. Are they really only going to have one secret newcomer? After Brawl received criticism for not having that many unrevealed characters?

I don't know, but I will say that I think there may be more newcomers beyond those leaked, and that those characters may be hidden. Just a few of my thoughts on the matter.

Last edited:
Top Bottom