• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I am trying to piece together every single Pro and Con of King K. RoOl being in the initial roster, but I am not sure if I have seen all the Directs or Smash media thus far. Does anyone know what is against King K besides relevance...because obviously that did NOT stop Megaman...

If someone could make a complete pros and cons list for his playable inclusion from the news we have thus far that would be great! As far as I can tell he has more pros...but some of his pros like the Kremlings being in Smash Run people say that they were just randomly put in like the Tikis....what do you say to that? Help my mind y'allll
There are no cons to such a prospect. :shades:

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
I've kind of been posting on this thread for a bit, and...

I would like to join the Kremling Kutthroats.
I love the King.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Everyone asking to be on the Kutthroat List will be added the moment I update, no worries.

Also, since we apparently just can't help but talk about that little attention-grab by -Ghetsis-, note that he put the "information" up on July 3rd. People are only now fapping paying attention to it, so many are under the impression that the window for Wario's reveal as "proof" is eight updates. Spoiler alert, it's not. . .it's three; "next week" means this Friday.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I need to see Wario's HD Troll Face as soon as paw-ssible.
:warioc::troll:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Everyone asking to be on the Kutthroat List will be added the moment I update, no worries.

Also, since we apparently just can't help but talk about that little attention-grab by -Ghetsis-, note that he put the "information" up on July 3rd. People are only now fapping paying attention to it, so many are under the impression that the window for Wario's reveal as "proof" is eight updates. Spoiler alert, it's not. . .it's three; "next week" means this Friday.
Unfortunately that also means its more likely to be legit if Wario is revealed... although not much, since Wario is still the most likely next character anyway.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm curious as to why Wario is so universally considered as the next most likely reveal.

Someone care to enlighten me?

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Well, Falco was the next most likely reveal last leak. They are just choosing from the list of sure returns like Wario, Ness, C. Falcon and others. Since a veteran reveal on Friday is getting more possible each time, people have a chance of getting a lucky guess and making their leak "real".
Also, I did a thing. Long live the king. EDIT: Finally figured a way around the image size, thanks to the people who clicked.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm curious as to why Wario is so universally considered as the next most likely reveal.

Someone care to enlighten me?
Because all the other unconfirmed Brawl starters have something that can potentially delay their return. Metaknight for being too OP, so he'd need to be held back, plus he could seriously be pushed back to being an unlockable, Lucas due to potentially being cut, or if Ness is cut, Lucas might end up being unlockable instead. Ice Climbers due to complications with getting them to work on the 3DS.

There's literally nothing standing in Wario's way and most everyone is surprised that its taken this long to announce Wario's return as well.

Well, Falco was the next most likely reveal last leak. They are just choosing from the list of sure returns like Wario, Ness, C. Falcon and others. Since a veteran reveal on Friday is getting more possible each time, people have a chance of getting a lucky guess and making their leak "real".
Also, I did a thing. Long live the king. (only link for now while I figure how to make smaller) http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i244/TSG_2006/KRoolbyBloo.jpg?t=1404875289
I never thought Falco was the mostlikely reveal. I've always figured it was Wario.

EDIT: And yes, it is true, the more weeks we go WITHOUT a new character reveal, the more likely it is the next week we will have one. Since its been a month now since E3, this week is perfect for a new character reveal.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Because all the other unconfirmed Brawl starters have something that can potentially delay their return. Metaknight for being too OP, so he'd need to be held back, plus he could seriously be pushed back to being an unlockable, Lucas due to potentially being cut, or if Ness is cut, Lucas might end up being unlockable instead. Ice Climbers due to complications with getting them to work on the 3DS.

There's literally nothing standing in Wario's way and most everyone is surprised that its taken this long to announce Wario's return as well.
That makes sense. I admit, I don't usually but into the reasoning because there are really no discernible patterns in the way characters have been revealed till now.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Last week, I told my friends the Gematsu 3, Dark Pit, Big Boss and King K. Rool were newcomers. As proof, Wario would be revealed Friday, all this info courtesy of my friend's uncle who works at Bandai Namco. Lets just say, it didn't end well for either side :troll:

Its really not a good idea to listen to a timed leak, especially one that predicts a Wario reveal or says Mewtwo is returning. "Leak of the week" is a term I use in this case.

Also, I now want to be added in to the Kutthroat list. I really wanted K. Rool back in the Brawl days, but I didn’t think too much about him joining SSB4. This thread now makes me really want him in once again.

I guess the second half of this video works with this scenario:

Oops, wrong song :awesome:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
For all we know, they WERE lower priority, hence why it took Sakurai this long to announce them, while characters like Dixie Kong and K. Rool have been in the game the whole time and they're just not planned to be announced before release. Or Sakurai felts that Mii's deserved to be in other characters because it allows people to create a larger variety of characters. Personally, I think Mii's count as a "customizable" option and not as actual characters.
Me too! I honestly cannot actually picture how it would work for them not to be this way. They would standout too much to not be available in online mode, and the icon would always need to ask you "who you want to choose from, " and possibly even 'if you want t select a new character to create." Let's not even get started on how much of a nightmare the mii character would be for the random button.
It just cannot be part of the main roster, it is a completely different thing. We are only calling it 'mii' and not character creation because it makes sense to call it a mii.

I do think K. Rool and Dixie should both be in, but the chances of that are slim at this point. We seem to be getting a smaller cast overall and smaller list of newcomers. In the past two titles at least two franchises got new characters, but I doubt it'll be the case this time. (I'd LOVE to be proven wrong, though.)
What exactly makes it seem like a smaller cast, though? I know sakurai said that early on, but he has blatantly misdirected us before in the name of happy shock value. Can you actually see it that we get no hidden new characters revealed in the game, that he tells us every new character before game release?

This, too. They borrowed moves from existing characters. For all we know, Sword Mii is based on a few of Isaac's moves and that Cannonball/bowling ball move is based on one of K. Rool's (dropping cannonballs down onto the battlefield, based on DKC). Gunner Mii's Final Smash is just cloned from Samus as well.
Hmmm... elaborate?

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I love that we Kan Do it poster. And it's so fitting that you post that today...looks like all our work has paid off. It's happening!!! My best friend, P. Shop, leaked today's post of the day to me.

Kongrats everyone!

;-)

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Me too! I honestly cannot actually picture how it would work for them not to be this way. They would standout too much to not be available in online mode, and the icon would always need to ask you "who you want to choose from, " and possibly even 'if you want t select a new character to create." Let's not even get started on how much of a nightmare the mii character would be for the random button.
It just cannot be part of the main roster, it is a completely different thing. We are only calling it 'mii' and not character creation because it makes sense to call it a mii.
I think Mii's will still have a slot on the roster, but they'll basically just be opposite the Random button.

What exactly makes it seem like a smaller cast, though? I know sakurai said that early on, but he has blatantly misdirected us before in the name of happy shock value. Can you actually see it that we get no hidden new characters revealed in the game, that he tells us every new character before game release?
Of course we'll have hidden secret characters. But new character reveals have been quite slow for this game in comparison to Brawl, Sakurai did say they've reached probably the max limitations they can balance for roster sizes, and all the characters this time are having a ton more effort put into them. That right there indicates a smaller roster as a whole for this game.

Hmmm... elaborate?
Elaborate on what?

I love that we Kan Do it poster. And it's so fitting that you post that today...looks like all our work has paid off. It's happening!!! My best friend, P. Shop, leaked today's post of the day to me.

Kongrats everyone!

;-)
That's not bad, P. Shop. Pretty good. (Wish it was real. Wondering how that was Photoshop'd so well. :p)

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

Kongrats everyone!

;-)

I do not know where this was born or what story you tell, but I enjoy much. Very.

Of course we'll have hidden secret characters. But new character reveals have been quite slow for this game in comparison to Brawl, Sakurai did say they've reached probably the max limitations they can balance for roster sizes, and all the characters this time are having a ton more effort put into them. That right there indicates a smaller roster as a whole for this game.
They have not really been slow- we did not get a new character reveal for that game until Ike on the Dojo, that was in August, and the dojo was not running for nearly as long. We only had one E3 where charcters were revealed, as well. I think there is some misquoting going no in regards to that balancing, too. Even 'smaller roster as a whole,' would make it seem this roster is somehow smaller than prior game, which if obviously just about impossible at this time.

Elaborate on what?
The moves you listed--- I do not know where you grabbed them from.[/quote][/quote]

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I do not know where this was born or what story you tell, but I enjoy much. Very.

They have not really been slow- we did not get a new character reveal for that game until Ike on the Dojo, that was in August, and the dojo was not running for nearly as long. We only had one E3 where charcters were revealed, as well. I think there is some misquoting going no in regards to that balancing, too. Even 'smaller roster as a whole,' would make it seem this roster is somehow smaller than prior game, which if obviously just about impossible at this time.

The moves you listed--- I do not know where you grabbed them from.
Sorry I meant smaller increase in roster.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I think King K. Rool and Porky are the only newcomers I support who I don't have a personal connection with.
That is how strong this community is. (That and I want a pirate in SSB)

I am one of you, one of you! :troll:

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace

Kongrats everyone!

;-)
This looks shopped. I can tell from some of the pixels and from having seen quite a few shops in my time. I bet you've never even met P. Shop.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Everyone blames Miis for development costs yet conveniently ignore Palutena having 12 different Specials...
I always hated the idea of Palutena, but waited until she was revealed until I wrote her off completely.

Unfortunately, her moveset is extremely bland and uninspired. It's extremely clear that she's just in because he wanted her in, not because he thought she'd make a compelling character.

IMO Palutena ranks as the worst Smash character ever, followed by Mii's.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I think someone should remix the song or it could get old very fast due to how much it's used here.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
I always hated the idea of Palutena, but waited until she was revealed until I wrote her off completely.

Unfortunately, her moveset is extremely bland and uninspired. It's extremely clear that she's just in because he wanted her in, not because he thought she'd make a compelling character.

IMO Palutena ranks as the worst Smash character ever, followed by Mii's.
Palutena... I never had an opinion on her, until she was confirmed for these games. Now I can't stand the woman.

And I agree with you on the "Sakurai likes her" thing. A slot that could be used for a great character with endless potential, like our Kremling King, is wasted on some bland goddess. :p My intent is not to insult her fans, but she's not a great choice for me.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
My problem with Palutena's trailer is that the Special Moveset didn't feel like they were being designed with a coherent playstyle in mind. It felt more like "Hey, I'm going to cram as many Special Moves as I want to" when really, 4 Special Moves is more than enough. In other words, for me, the emphasis on the quantity rather than quality is what made me feel meh towards her reveal.

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
So just a random note: I finally got myself Tropical Freeze, and I mentioned in the Dixie thread that the game made me like her even more (she's my go-to partner), but now that I've played it more, I also just can't help but think how awesome it would be to have K. Rool and the Kremlings as the enemies. I really like the penguins and owls and arctic animals and whatnot (can't remember their names), but seriously, how awesome would a game like that be with the crocs! Here's hoping for them to make an appearance at some point in the series! And a good way to start appearing again would be via Smash, definitely...

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So just a random note: I finally got myself Tropical Freeze, and I mentioned in the Dixie thread that the game made me like her even more (she's my go-to partner), but now that I've played it more, I also just can't help but think how awesome it would be to have K. Rool and the Kremlings as the enemies. I really like the penguins and owls and arctic animals and whatnot (can't remember their names), but seriously, how awesome would a game like that be with the crocs! Here's hoping for them to make an appearance at some point in the series! And a good way to start appearing again would be via Smash, definitely...
Well, we've already got the Kremlings in Smash... just need their most lovable leader. :D

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
My problem with Palutena's trailer is that the Special Moveset didn't feel like they were being designed with a coherent playstyle in mind. It felt more like "Hey, I'm going to cram as many Special Moves as I want to" when really, 4 Special Moves if more than enough. In other words, for me, the emphasis on the quantity rather than quality is what made me feel meh towards her reveal.
Exactly. It's like "well she's a really bland character so I'll just pack her full of special moves to compensate".

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
As far as Palutena's concerned, I think her playstyle has promise if it revolves around beam fighting and not just "OMG FLASHY UPRISING MOVES!!!", but I still hate that she absorbs thrice as much development time as a normal character on her specials. And I'm fine with her inclusion, but to deny that Sakurai chose her specifically because she's his baby (roster was decided before her popularity spiked) is disingenuous.

Anyways, back to K. Rool. . .not sure if there are any musically-inclined people in here, but a One of Us Remix would certainly be quite welcome, what with how often it's posted in here.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
As far as Palutena's concerned, I think her playstyle has promise if it revolves around beam fighting and not just "OMG FLASHY UPRISING MOVES!!!", but I still hate that she absorbs thrice as much development time as a normal character on her specials. And I'm fine with her inclusion, but to deny that Sakurai chose her specifically because she's his baby (roster was decided before her popularity spiked) is disingenuous.
Actually, how popular was she in March 2012?

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I think I would have rather had a KI villain than Palutena but what's done is done.

I keep having dreams about K. Rool being in Smash, last night he was teamed with Dixie, and had her sitting on his shoulders!

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Gotta make room for three separate Miis. (Excuse me while I vomit a little)
To be fair, if K Rool doesn't get it I seriously would doubt it would be because of the Mii's development time. More likely if K Rool is not in it's more likely because he was never considered in the first place. Just doesn't seem like a character they would simply leave on the cutting room floor due to time constraints.

Top Bottom