• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

D

Deleted member

Can I just say the K. Rool fanbase is the best fanbase? Not only is 99.9% of your discussion meaningful (unlike some other threads) but this kampaign actually seems to be picking up momentum. I salute you. I would aide you but I have an irrational fear of twitter

ChosenZelos

Smash Apprentice
Can I just say the K. Rool fanbase is the best fanbase? Not only is 99.9% of your discussion meaningful (unlike some other threads) but this kampaign actually seems to be picking up momentum. I salute you. I would aide you but I have an irrational fear of twitter
No worries! There's other ways to spread the Kampaign besides twitter! Share it with friends, if you see a discussion about K. Rool somewhere, it wouldn't hurt to share the link and just say "Hey, let's try and make something happen here."

All in the name of our great king. :D

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Someone gimme a link to the Kampaign Page, I'm gonna post it on MkleodGaming's (aka McleodGaming, the SSF2 Guy) Facebook Page,
Kremlings will Konquer!

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
I don't have Twitter... Wish I could do more, but I can spread the word around Ninsheetmusic, there are plenty of Smash fans there and maybe they'll join too.

The more supporters, the better!

Edit: Done. :estatic:

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Be careful, friends. JohannFKNFaust is dissing alot of Vets (like Game & Watch and Ice Climbers) around the Smash Boards, let's hope he doesn't get to us Kutthroats.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Don't bring personal feuds to unrelated threads. Thanks. We are aware of the situation.

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I'm so proud of everyone here. Maybe we'll actually be heard. Wouldn't that be great!

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
...Does Reggie Fils-Amie have an Official Twitter Account?
Someone tweet the Kampaign to him.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Hey guys, add me to the list. K. Rool is long overdue a spot and I would be overjoyed for him to be playable.

The Kampaign is an interesting idea and I hope that it works but I am also hopeful that it won't be necessary. Whilst it is never possible to predict Sakurai I still personally believe that if a character beyond the 47 some people predict from Gematsu and Mewtwo is added, it would be K. Rool. He seems to tick every box Sakurai mentions for newcomers (From that old Polygon interview) and hasn't really got anything against him now that Kremlings are appearing in Smash Bros. Also, at around the time the roster would've been being decided, was he not topping popularity polls for newcomers? Seens as this got us Sonic and Megaman (And I think I remember reading that Wario was ranked very highly in polls which got him a place as well, but could be wrong) I think it's good reason to stay hopeful for his appearance.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Hey guys, add me to the list. K. Rool is long overdue a spot and I would be overjoyed for him to be playable.

The Kampaign is an interesting idea and I hope that it works but I am also hopeful that it won't be necessary. Whilst it is never possible to predict Sakurai I still personally believe that if a character beyond the 47 some people predict from Gematsu and Mewtwo is added, it would be K. Rool. He seems to tick every box Sakurai mentions for newcomers (From that old Polygon interview) and hasn't really got anything against him now that Kremlings are appearing in Smash Bros. Also, at around the time the roster would've been being decided, was he not topping popularity polls for newcomers? Seens as this got us Sonic and Megaman (And I think I remember reading that Wario was ranked very highly in polls which got him a place as well, but could be wrong) I think it's good reason to stay hopeful for his appearance.
Ridley's always been above K. Rool, but K. Rool is right behind.

Also, the obligatory welcome message returns!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Ridley's support in Japan is non-existent, so K. Rool is the most popular overall.

And actually K. Rool is currently rated higher than Ridley in the RTC thread, in both chance and want.
I was pretty sure as a whole Ridley was more popular, with K. Rool's advantage being global support. Perhaps I'm wrong. :p

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
"Non-existent" was obviously a hyperbole, but from what I hear there's rarely any requests for him in Japan.

Isaac's support seems to be dying, though, so I guess they'll be equal soon.
I'm pretty sure that the site Chronobound looked at was a bit biased (like these boards are with Ridley). I've seen him more than a few times in Japanese artwork on Miiverse.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure that the site Chronobound looked at was a bit biased (like these boards are with Ridley). I've seen him more than a few times in Japanese artwork on Miiverse.
Alright, but it doesn't really matter exactly how low Ridley's support is there.

The main point was that K. Rool is the most popular out of the two overall.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
IIRC, Chronobound looked at multiple sites, so it wasn't just one. Nonetheless, Ridley (along with most other characters) also gets artwork over at Miiverse despite his low popularity over there, so that's not necessarily a point in Isaac's favor.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
So, I think getting this onto Miiverse and onto mii street pass could be a good idea. Is there a way to link people in either of those ways?

Be careful, friends. JohannFKNFaust is dissing alot of Vets (like Game & Watch and Ice Climbers) around the Smash Boards, let's hope he doesn't get to us Kutthroats.
Do not refuse action out of fear

"Non-existent" was obviously a hyperbole, but from what I hear there's rarely any requests for him in Japan.

Isaac's support seems to be dying, though, so I guess they'll be equal soon.
litote

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Yo guys check this out, we seem to have a supporter, one with a good following as well!

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
Alright, but it doesn't really matter exactly how low Ridley's support is there.

The main point was that K. Rool is the most popular out of the two overall.
Maybe but Ridley's popularity has been going on far longer than K Rool. I don't know too much pre-Brawl but apparently Ridley had a pretty large fanbase around Melee while K Rool's started a bit after Brawl and only recently has he been getting a lot of attention.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Maybe but Ridley's popularity has been going on far longer than K Rool. I don't know too much pre-Brawl but apparently Ridley had a pretty large fanbase around Melee while K Rool's started a bit after Brawl and only recently has he been getting a lot of attention.
K. Rool's fanbase undoubtedly started post-Brawl due to DK only finally getting Diddy Kong in Brawl. Ridley hasn't had the competition in-franchise to worry about.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Keep in mind that Ridley's name is thrown around so often due to being turned into a meme by the bottom-feeders of the Internet. He's popular, no doubt, but the sheer number of troll mentions he gets probably makes him appear bigger than he actually is (in more ways than one).

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Been a long time since I've been on this thread, glad to see the support for K.Rool is still growing and maintaining a very well-balanced community. Can't really do much to show my support ATM, but here, this will hold off until I release something in the near future:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Keep in mind that Ridley's name is thrown around so often due to being turned into a meme by the bottom-feeders of the Internet. He's popular, no doubt, but the sheer number of troll mentions he gets probably makes him appear bigger than he actually is (in more ways than one).
I think the fact is that Ridley's name is more popular right now and he's more suggested because his supporters have been around a lot longer, as others have said. He was teased as early as Melee when he was only a background element in a stage of that game, and was a boss in Brawl. K. Rool has only ever appeared as a trophy, which is significantly different. DK didn't even get a second rep until Brawl, plus DK has far more characters to work with. Metroid only really has Samus and Ridley as viable candidates, hence why naturally DK fans wouldn't think of K. Rool until we at least get Diddy Kong (which finally happened in Brawl).

EDIT: Technically, its also notable that K. Rool himself is newer than Ridley, since he didn't come into the picture until 94, Ridley was in the original Metroid in 1986, 8 years prior, then in Super Metroid earlier the same year King K. Rool was introduced.

Last edited:

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
Don't worry. I hate people and everything they stand for.

K. Rool is love. K. Rool is life.

Last edited:

Sagashi

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sagashi
Hey, why not? Count me in. The King's one of my favorite villains, and I feel Smash desperately needs more villains to be in. Also we could use pirates, so that's 2 niches I want he fills.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Hey, why not? Count me in. The King's one of my favorite villains, and I feel Smash desperately needs more villains to be in. Also we could use pirates, so that's 2 niches I want he fills.
Twice in the same page again! Awesome! Welcome to the Kremling Kutthroats. :D

You are now One of Us. ^^

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I don't have a Twitter so I'm no help there. Any Facebook pages?

Last edited:

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Made a Twitter tonight, just to help out with the Kampaign! Though there were a lot of other good things to follow, too, so really this was just the final incentive for me to make one, I guess. :laugh:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Generally I agree, but I don't like it when they bash Dixie.

bobadz

Smash Ace
Generally I agree, but I don't like it when they bash Dixie.
Agreed on both accounts.

I support Ridley more, but the Ridley thread is so chaotic. Plus there's the trolling that come which all things Ridley related.

So I like hanging out in my seconded most supported character thread. The King k. Rool thread.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Guys, please keep the wishlists out of this thread. That one was made by a GameFAQs troll.

Last edited:

Sølid

Radio
3DS FC
4441-8453-4042
I've been following this thread for a while now and I'm an avid supporter of the King, make me an official Kutthroat my bretheren!

Top Bottom