• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Zynux

Smash Lord
Your Icon is gorgeous, by the way. I Love Daisy.
<3

In addition, Grant is actually pretty active in the community. He's been on Game Grumps before, and I think he used to have an account on one message board or another. I'm not altogether surprised he retweeted it, but David Wise would be pretty shocking.
Grant Kirkhope was also a guest caller at Awesome Games Done Quick 2014, often very open about his time with Rareware and had no problem giving insight on some behind the scenes stuff (like about Project Dream, him releasing the Banjo Kazooie Beta songs last year, etc.). He's a very cool dude, and seems pretty active and open to the gaming community. It is unsurprising that he retweeted it; hell he may actually support K. Rool and didn't retweet just out of obligation.

If David's last tweet really was in April, however, then yeah don't expect anything from him.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So I retweeted several tweets from Kremling Kampaigner on both my accounts and also tweeted my own. I'm ALMOST done setting up my gaming blog site! I'm just working on some responsive issues, then I'll finish my green color scheme for K. Rool. I'm going to try and also add a character showcase where I can display a render behind the content, K. Rool's gonna be the first one I add up. ^^

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I can tweet it at JonTron. I only have 1 follower myself, so it's no use for me to re-tweet.

MexM

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4468-1063-3341
Kinda sucks that NeoGAF is being very negative about the Kremling Kampaigner. I would support it but I forgot my Twitter password. lol

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I'll tweet to JonTron as well.

Also, I just cooked this up so we can spread the love to Japanese sites and developers.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Kinda sucks that NeoGAF is being very negative about the Kremling Kampaigner. I would support it but I forgot my Twitter password. lol
Same here. lol I'd do it too if I remembered it. XD

I'm glad to see this project getting so much attention.

I saw Nintendo Minute @ E3 when they discussed SSB for 3DS, and one Smash Run game had A LOT of Kritters in it. God, just seeing them again gets me excited.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
How is NeoGAF being very negative about it?
I got into a bit of a b****fest with one user on NeoGAF because he tried arguing that "if Ridley is not in the game, it means the people who said he was too big were right." The negativity was more in my direction because of that, whereas the movement was basically met with indifference and a few "why bother, it's not going to work" reactions. Which is okay, it's bound to come across at least a handful of those during its lifespan. . .I'll probably let it develop elsewhere for a while, then bring it back at a more opportune time.

Last edited:

MexM

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4468-1063-3341
I got into a bit of a b****fest with one user on NeoGAF because he tried arguing that "if Ridley is not in the game, it means the people who said he was too big were right." The negativity was more in my direction because of that, whereas the movement was basically met with indifference and a few "why bother, it's not going to work" reactions. Which is okay, it's bound to come across at least a handful of those during its lifespan. . .I'll probably let it develop elsewhere for a while, then bring it back at a more opportune time.
Yup, I saw that, MyFinestHour. Hope you have luck.

How is NeoGAF being very negative about it?
Well, aside from what BKupa666 said, some have also posted things like
"I'd just rather that stuff just stay on Miiverse/Smashboards where it belongs."

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
I had the "it's not going to work" attitude when it was first brought up but I went along with it. Now however, I have faith in it because of how much people are contributing to it. I'll try sending an email some time to Nintendo Customer Service.

Edit; I'll also go to Miiverse.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I'll tweet to JonTron as well.

Also, I just cooked this up so we can spread the love to Japanese sites and developers.

My computer doesn't have sound, but by the title I'm assuming that you dubbed that entire song into Japanese.
(._.) ...

(Also, I was going to add a "._." face picture, but searching ._. in Google Images is VERY VERY BAD. DON'T DO IT.)

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
My computer doesn't have sound, but by the title I'm assuming that you dubbed that entire song into Japanese.
(._.) ...

(Also, I was going to add a "._." face picture, but searching ._. in Google Images is VERY VERY BAD. DON'T DO IT.)
No lol, he just grabbed the Japanese version of the song. :p

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
Hey, guess what? You know Grant Kirkhope, the composer of Banjo-Kazooie and DK64, and DK's voice actor in DK64? He just retweeted the Kremling Kampaign website to 22.7 thousand followers! We're making waves here!
I always thought Grant was cool. Just glad to see it confirmed! ;)

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well, the updates to my website are officially finished (for now), complete with full K. Rool color scheme and branding! Its even responsive (though there's a minor fix I need to make now that I added K. Rool). I even have a page for the Kremling Kampaign, all of the menu items start with "K," and I added King K. Rool as the first character in the Karacters listing.

http://www.tsr-online.org

My site's not that popular because I got to the point where I couldn't update it often enough, but hopefully I might be able to bring some attention back to it again. The K. Rool branding won't stay permanently, although I'll definitely keep the K. Rool branding on some pages even after I add other character showcases. (K. Rool will be a permanent fixture until at least Smash Bros. comes out, except on additional character pages I may create).

Once I get the chance this week I'll also do a video on K. Rool and post it on the K. Rool profile.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Hey, may I suggest you guys try tweeting the kremling kampaign to Kevin Bayliss, he was the voice actor for every character in DK64 except for DK. Oh did I mention he's also the voice actor for King K. Rool in the first 3 DKC and DK64 games as well?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ok grant kirkhope definatly helped king k rools chances (and im not just talking about DLC also the non dlc catergory if not a on disc character.)

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
I just wonder how many people are going to support it. I can see a lot not taking interest in it because of the "why bother" attitude like the NeoGAF community. Grant is certainly a start but we're gonna need more people willing to join our cause and probably more popular or well-known people for it really to get going by simply spreading the word.

But I just have to ask: does anyone believe we could actually do it? It'll be quite a feet if we actually do succeed.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
How about this?

Also, I just put up a thread on Reddit's r/smashbros about the Kremling Kampaign. There's the potential to draw a lot of support from there, but it needs to be visible first. If everyone could go to that link and upvote it, that would push it up on the page and be quite helpful (if you don't have a Reddit account, it takes about ten seconds to make, so no worries there).
I didn't even notice that gif when I was searching for them :b:

I upvoted the Reddit post, let's get this advertised as much as we can! Bring more people into smashboards for our campaign!

That was probably a really bad picture to put considering its context, but you get the point...

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
What do you guys think King K. Rool's Victory Theme will be?
Will it be the same as DK/Diddy?
Or be a seperate tune, like Meta Knight and Rosalina did?

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Who runs the Twitter Account for the K Rool Kampaign? I'm just wondering.

EDIT: Never mind, it's not that important for me to know.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Holy hell, that is incredible.

That is exactly what I said when I mentioned something in one of my posts two pages back!
I just went over a marketing campaign briefly but I see you really took it way into effect, or had some of the ideas way into head already! Damn dude.

I mean, if it grows into have enough followers (especially if people join your twitter and dont just sign the petition, meaning, they follow the movement and dont just sign), it could be possible to gain some funding for it through a campaign
But that is way ahead and pretty intangible as we cannot really set a goal for it for another company.

The fact that Grant got on board is brilliant. We need to get more influentials on board, those who reach others, and those involved in the community heavily. Meaning, opinions Sakurai would possibly value in regards to DK, but also just in mass- for obvious grant (no pun intended), to show such early loyalty.

The more mediums that can be turned into memes all over the internet, the better. Hell, if something could get recognized enough to get onto a show like Tosh.0 or other highly viewed bits, even more incredible. Going viral could also be key.

also man; suggestion for the page, would be to have some format for calling. The numbers to nintendo and Namco are just so open, if there were something more standardized for people to read from, there may be more callers. Even I get a bit blushed trying to think of what to say to such a big company under the prospects of 'who will even hear this, the answering director operator?'

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Holy hell, that is incredible.
That is exactly what I said when I mentioned something in one of my posts two pages back!
I just went over a marketing campaign briefly but I see you really took it way into effect, or had some of the ideas way into head already! Damn dude.

I mean, if it grows into have enough followers (especially if people join your twitter and dont just sign the petition, meaning, they follow the movement and dont just sign), it could be possible to gain some funding for it through a campaign
But that is way ahead and pretty intangible as we cannot really set a goal for it for another company.

The fact that Grant got on board is brilliant. We need to get more influentials on board, those who reach others, and those involved in the community heavily. Meaning, opinions Sakurai would possibly value in regards to DK, but also just in mass- for obvious grant (no pun intended), to show such early loyalty.

The more mediums that can be turned into memes all over the internet, the better. Hell, if something could get recognized enough to get onto a show like Tosh.0 or other highly viewed bits, even more incredible. Going viral could also be key.
We need to get our message out there, and, by the looks of it we have a ton of people on board our operation. Seriously though, we need to get more influential figures in with this. It's amazing that Grant supports us, but who next is the big question.

Things are definitely looking up for us Kutthroats.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Targeting smaller game developers would be a good way to go. Behind the scenes guys are usually hugely konnected (this is a pretty massive list of people), independent kompanies are often networking more than we realize and also very eager to get their name out the door into big projekts or kampaigns, and just some of the hundreds of people in the gaming kommunity stating themselves nintendo fanboys or girls on places like twitter, would be a good way to start (though later I would rekommend branching out to other websites with more specificity).

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
This could get offensive/rude:

We could start with some lesser known YouTubers and Kompetitive Smashers to try to join our Kampaign. Then we could work our way up the "ladder", so to speak.

I think a good way to boost it a bit would be to tweet out a general tweet to all of your followers that you support the kampaign, see if you can get em on board. What do you think?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I'm currently planning on reaching out to pro-Smashers and prominent YouTubers to help the cause. JonTron in particular is apparently a big Rare fan, so hopefully he can come onboard as well.

In Wrinkly Kong terms, here's a psuedo-homework project for anyone who wants to help out: dig up contact information for any developers or behind-the-scenes people who we might be able to reach out to. Getting a lot of people to visit and enjoy the site is nice, but its actual effectiveness depends on how many tweets, emails, calls, and whatnot it can generate.

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
I'm currently planning on reaching out to pro-Smashers and prominent YouTubers to help the cause. JonTron in particular is apparently a big Rare fan, so hopefully he can come onboard as well.

In Wrinkly Kong terms, here's a psuedo-homework project for anyone who wants to help out: dig up contact information for any developers or behind-the-scenes people who we might be able to reach out to. Getting a lot of people to visit and enjoy the site is nice, but its actual effectiveness depends on how many tweets, emails, calls, and whatnot it can generate.
So get the contact information, tweet these people with the link, and report back? Sounds like a solid plan. :estatic:

Can you add me to the OP Supporter List pls ;-;

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Just a little something I wrote in anticipation, and celebration, of our king.

A malicious grumble resounded through the empty hall. Green scaly clawed fingers tapped impatiently on an arm of wood. White teeth glistened from the dim lighting above as they curved to form a scowl.

King K. Rool, leader of the Kremlings, sat on his throne in deep thought.

“Uh, your majesty?”

The monarch reared his head at the voice and spied an underling on one knee bowing before him. “Ah!” He exclaimed in excitement. “What news of the troops infiltrating the battlefront?”

Gulping nervously, his minion replied in a raspy voice, “Everything seems to be going according to your plan sir. Our ranks have successfully joined the massive army.”

“Excellent.” The king said with a smile, a very rare sight as of late. He then rose from his throne, began to pace in front of it, and continued his thinking out loud. “So then, now that we’ve got some headway into this crossover business… Wait.” Turning to his loyal underling, he suddenly barked, “Has it arrived yet?!”

Knowing what his leader meant, the Kremling shook his head in a mixture of dismay and fear.

“What?!” K. Rool roared in anger as he swiftly jumped and grabbed the lowlife by the throat, hoisting him up in the air. “You dared to come here and tell me that the key to our, no, my success still hasn’t come?! I’ve executed fools for less!”

The miserable minion struggled under K. Rool’s chocking grasp. “Uggg, p-please s-s-sir, I didn’t mean-“

A moment later another mook appeared holding a small white envelope. “Your lordship.” he announced while waving the paper aloft.

The king’s mood immediately shifted as he quickly dropped his victim to the floor and hastily grabbed the letter from the other. “Could it be?” He flipped it over and saw a large familiar symbol pressed in a red wax seal. “At last, it is!” Cutting open the envelope with one claw, he hurriedly read the contents, the smile on his maw growing bigger by the second.

Getting up off the floor, the Kremling that K. Rool nearly strangled joined the second and meekly asked, “So uh, what is it your majesty?”

With the slyest of expressions, their monarch displayed the letter before them. “This is the key, my key!” Throwing the paper towards the ceiling, he tilted his head upwards. “Enjoy yourselves while you can filthy Kongs!"

A maniacal laughter resonated through the room. The Kremling king's time has come at last.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
So get the contact information, tweet these people with the link, and report back? Sounds like a solid plan. :estatic:

Can you add me to the OP Supporter List pls ;-;
Yes, and also post the contact info either in this thread or on the website so others can follow suit.

I'll add you as soon as I update the OP.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I just realized, too. Maybe try the BitF forums? Lots of Smash fans are there, after all.

ChosenZelos

Smash Apprentice
Wow this is an awesome idea! I'll try to spread this around.

I was thinking for a while that we should do some sort of "Operation Rainfall" for K. Rool. Glad that someone actually got it started up.

HAIL TO THE KING!

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I just realized, too. Maybe try the BitF forums? Lots of Smash fans are there, after all.
I put it up there the other day, but a lot of the posters mainly responded with variations on "OMG STOP HARASSING SAKURAI!!" I guess the fact that BiTF exists because of his characters leads to a certain degree of hypersensitivity where he's concerned. Maybe someone else can try putting it up there again later?

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Sakurai said: "Each has their own unique attacks and battle strategies, and they make the game more interesting. If I have an image of a character in my mind that dances around and jibes with what I want, then that's the most important thing."

If we do that for K. Rool, let him see his attacks, make a convincing moveset so he can let it dance in his head, then he might get the idea to implement Dr. Capt'n Krusha K. Rool.

Top Bottom