• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
If you really want to get noticed, maybe get something going on Miiverse too...I mean enough hype was generated from Super Mario 3D World's comments about the Captain Toad levels for Nintendo to sit up, listen and make a whole game based around it.

Although I guess it'd be hard to get noticed on Miiverse amongst all the Goku, Shadow and Steve from Minecraft requests.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I don't get the "Dixie looks like Diddy" argument at all. They really don't look anything alike. It's not as if you could possibly get confused as to which one they were at a quick glance (like I often do with Ike and Marth). Saying she looks like Diddy is like saying that K. Rool looks like King Dedede and Bowser. Neither statements are true.

I don't really understand why any DK fan, because let's face it if you want K. Rool then you're a DK fan is looking down their nose at Dixie.
I agree. If possible I'd want both, K. Rool and Dixie Kong fill out the roster nicely. If we can only get one, then K. Rool all the way. Although I can't understand how you can mistake Ike and Marth, either, considering how different they look even in Brawl. Now you should have no trouble distinguishing Ike and Marth, though. ^^

I don't think he ever seemed mentally, stable.
He's not, of course. K. Rool is demented and insane. He IS mentally unstable, which is why he's krazy enough to konstantly go after Donkey Kong and is always changing his persona game by game.

That said, I think I do prefer the idea of K. Rool having a deeper, more evil sounding voice, which he'll probably get anyway.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I agree. If possible I'd want both, K. Rool and Dixie Kong fill out the roster nicely. If we can only get one, then K. Rool all the way. Although I can't understand how you can mistake Ike and Marth, either, considering how different they look even in Brawl. Now you should have no trouble distinguishing Ike and Marth, though. ^^

He's not, of course. K. Rool is demented and insane. He IS mentally unstable, which is why he's krazy enough to konstantly go after Donkey Kong and is always changing his persona game by game.

That said, I think I do prefer the idea of K. Rool having a deeper, more evil sounding voice, which he'll probably get anyway.
Yes I was referring to Ike and Marth in Brawl. Sometimes in the heat of battle, I find it hard to distinguish between them. Which I don't think is that unreasonable considering I barely acknowledge either character, they have similar skeletal structures and a very similar colour scheme.

K. Rool and Dixie should both be in, as DK is more than deserving enough for 4 playable characters.

Last edited:

GrapeEscape

Smash Apprentice
What's the point in starting a movement to raise awareness for King K. Rool at this point in time? If Sakurai hasn't begun development on the character at this point in time then there's no way he'll be finished before release. Newcomer DLC is highly unlikely, so don't even try using that as an excuse. We're basically rallying for him to be included in Super Smash Bros. 5 at this point (unless he's already in the game, that is).

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
What's the point in starting a movement to raise awareness for King K. Rool at this point in time? If Sakurai hasn't begun development on the character at this point in time then there's no way he'll be finished before release. Newcomer DLC is highly unlikely, so don't even try using that as an excuse. We're basically rallying for him to be included in Super Smash Bros. 5 at this point (unless he's already in the game, that is).
There's nothing saying newcomer DLC is less likely than veteran DLC at this point in time.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I'll believe Newcomer DLC is highly unlikely when I don't see it. Also, you're implying rallying for the King's inclusion in future games is a bad thing. . .it's not. Even if he's not added as DLC, his name is put out there as a prime candidate for both the next Retro DKC and Smash title. There's really no downside here.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
I agree. Harassing random Nintendo employees isn't going affect Sakurai decisions anyway.

Sakurai is aware of what characters are popular. Whether or not he includes them is entirely up to him.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
"Harassing" is a strong word. This is more of "showcasing an interest" than anything else.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I would imagine that DLC would be a mixture of vets and newcomers. At most we're going to see like 3 Nintendo cuts, I would imagine all three will return along with several newcomers.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Tweeting and e-mailing random PR workers who have nothing to do with developing games is just going to be a bother to them.
That's why I personally don't feel like tweeting or emailing specific people. Instead I'd rather just spread awareness of King K. Rool in general. And there's no harm in doing that; tell Nintendo that we want K. Rool back (and especially in Smash 4).

EDIT: And if he's already in the game, let's spread awareness to Nintendo that we want K. Rool back in the DKC games as well.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Tweeting and e-mailing random PR workers who have nothing to do with developing games is just going to be a bother to them.
It gets the message across, and really shouldn't be a bother to them. At least this is well-constructed. It could be a breath of fresh air compared to the garbage they normally sift through, more than likely, what with consumers' constant whining and complaining.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
One Nintendo Rep actually emailed @dk64kingkrool back in response to his submission to her. In her letter, she identified him as 'King K. Rool' despite the sample letter he sent in only referring to him as 'K. Rool.' There's at least some familiarity with the character within Nintendo's ranks.

I've just set up a Twitter account: @KRool4Smash4. If you're on Twitter, be sure to follow it and retweet some of its content. With that account, I'm planning on reaching out to some pro-Smash players and ex-Rare staffers to see if they'll help promote the movement even further.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Showing support for K.Rool in general is probably good. For all we know he is the main villain of the DKCR trilogy (if it is a trilogy). Or if not, it could prompt him to become it in said trilogy. Showing support for something you love to a developer is always a positive thing.

That's why I personally don't feel like tweeting or emailing specific people. Instead I'd rather just spread awareness of King K. Rool in general. And there's no harm in doing that; tell Nintendo that we want K. Rool back (and especially in Smash 4).

EDIT: And if he's already in the game, let's spread awareness to Nintendo that we want K. Rool back in the DKC games as well.
I'd say tweet it to people that have many followers, gamers who are known in the community; those who have videos highly watched on youtube, etc. The ones who can get the movement to spread rapidly, and get others in the gaming community hyped, and informed. A movement spreads by getting the information spread.

More intense social media.
Get popular tweeters to tweet it, youtubers to youtube it, and even facebook.
At some point make a meme for it so it can spread on instagram, pinterest, etc.
And if someone is so inclined to make a movie...

There are also tons of other smash sites. Such as Brawl in the family, Neoseekers, etc.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I give my thumbs of approval. K. Rool would be such an awesome addition. Im surprised he wasnt in brawl.
Probably because it took until Brawl until Diddy made it in. My guess? They really wanted the Diddy+Dixie tag-team to work, but it failed, so they were only able to include Diddy in Brawl. Now's the perfect time to bring in at least one of them, if not then both.

From DKVine's Facebook page.

That's awesome, I already shared that pic on Facebook. :D

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I like the look and design, but I agree. It is amusing in context but it would be damaging to associate K. Rool with an actual murderous dictator. Easy way to derail our message. I think it was just posted for fun, though (not on anything "officially" related to the campaign, that is).

Also, I don't think it is harassment if you are polite with the people you communicate with. I think we need to keep that mind at all times, even when we're just discussing K. Rool with other Smash fans. There will be haters but we need to be "the better person" or the discussion will move away from the message we want to send.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
That wasn't actually connected with the Kampaign, it was just an amusing image copied over from Facebook. We already have a Komrade K. Rool image, so I figured this would be interesting in that same way.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
BKupa, I really like how well you're keeping the thread alive and fresh.
Posting a lot, frequent name changes, doing things like this.
It all keeps the thread going well, and this thread would be a lot different if you weren't the OP.

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
I'm finally starting to get some work on my animation now and already I'm smiling. I didn't think it could get any more ridiculous till I started audio-scrubbing. (I'm writing out the dialogue and lyrics in the timeline first so I have the timing ready)

In case you forgot or didn't know I'm making my own take on this video (I have the audio ripped and I'm remaking the scene in 2D)
and updating the looks of the characters to be more in line with their game counterparts. It's gonna better than it sounds. I'm crazy about detail.

Bet you thought we'd go a page without that song, huh? (WELL, NOT IF I CAN HELP IT!!!)

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, what episode is One of Us in?
"Ape-Nesia"

Brief synopsis: Donkey Kong gets knocked on the head and lose his memory of who he is. Bad guys take advantage of it, getting him to steal stuff on their behalf and the like. The song is basically K. Rool convincing DK he's related to him and they're partners (in crime).

It's why I love the song so much. Because it's so obviously such bull yet DK is just that stupid!

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I think, if K. Rool were anything less than playable, it would be important for the fanbase to not get depressed and stop talking about the character. The focus should shift from getting K. Rool into Smash to getting him into the third Retro DKC game. After Returns, it was pretty much just casually assumed that "No worries, Kremlings are showing up next time, how could they not" which was stupid in hindsight.

Tropical Freeze started its development right before K. Rool's Smash fanbase really started picking up, but a third game would begin development in the wake of all the hullabaloo being made about him. If the hullabaloo kept up just a bit longer, and maybe a collection of emails and tweets were sent to Retro developers, we could finally see the character returned to his former prominence, just as he would be after a playable Smash appearance. Then, he'd grow to have a bandwagon for the next Smash, the strength of which would make you think Sakurai was developing DKCR3.

Last edited:

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
I just want to know why Nintendo is withholding the DKL series VC release here in the west. The whole series has been out in Japan for months.

Not to mention the DKC trilogy, which was randomly taken off Wii VC in 2012, never to be heard from again.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I just want to know why Nintendo is withholding the DKL series VC release here in the west. The whole series has been out in Japan for months.

Not to mention the DKC trilogy, which was randomly taken off Wii VC in 2012, never to be heard from again.
Because they want you to buy a Super Nintendo to play it, which is the better way to.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
I love King K Rool and I want him in Smash. I support K Rool in Smash 4.

I had posted these reasons on the Ridley thread (using K Rool as support for Ridley) so I thought I'd leave them here too.

Kremlings are in smash run. King K Rool and the Kremlings both had their last appearance in Mario Super Sluggers (2008). Their last appearances were together, so why split them up now?

Also this

I hope to get into more discussion here on K Rool soon.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte

I don't understand the DKL withholding either. I'm saving my e-Shop money for DKL 1...

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I don't understand the DKL withholding either. I'm saving my e-Shop money for DKL 1...
They're saving it until King K. Rool is announced to appear in Smash so they can have him krash the party and we'll have a big Kremling bash. :D

I love King K Rool and I want him in Smash. I support K Rool in Smash 4.

I had posted these reasons on the Ridley thread (using K Rool as support for Ridley) so I thought I'd leave them here too.

Kremlings are in smash run. King K Rool and the Kremlings both had their last appearance in Mario Super Sluggers (2008). Their last appearances were together, so why split them up now?

Also this

I hope to get into more discussion here on K Rool soon.
Actually that's incorrect. If you check the dates, K. Rool and the Kremlings were last seen in Donkey Kong: Barrel Blast. Although Super Mario Sluggers was released merely a couple of weeks before Barrel Blast.

Yes, I'm aware that Lord Frederik references the King K. Rool battles. So does Tiki Tong. Have you read the Tiki Tong trivia? It even mentions that Tiki Tong also has one eye larger than the other, and it mentions that some theorize Tiki Tong actually IS King K. Rool. Would be cool if they planned it out in advance that the Tikis were supposed to be the Kremlings anyway (which they actually were; Nintendo decided to try and go with something new). Despite this, though, everyone's klamouring for the Kremlings back.

We already know Retro isn't coming back to the series, but after the massive popularity of the past two DKC games I can't see Nintendo abandoning the series again, they'll probably try and get someone else onto the game (perhaps the people who did Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D). Maybe we'll even see another 3D DK platforming game.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Hey, guess what? You know Grant Kirkhope, the composer of Banjo-Kazooie and DK64, and DK's voice actor in DK64? He just retweeted the Kremling Kampaign website to 22.7 thousand followers! We're making waves here!

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Hey, guess what? You know Grant Kirkhope, the composer of Banjo-Kazooie and DK64, and DK's voice actor in DK64? He just retweeted the Kremling Kampaign website to 22.7 thousand followers! We're making waves here!
That's a pretty cool progress.

Also, this whole thing in general is very clever and a good idea.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Awesome! That's completely and totally epic. I'm gonna hop into twitter and see if there's anything I can repost now.

Top Bottom