• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
If there's gotta be a newcomer, I pray to Master Hand that it won't be a Gematsu-leaked one...
It would not be, that list is the newcomers to be revealed. Not the secret ones, hence why Rosalina wasn't on it.

Apparently there's a Japan-Only Nintendo Direct going on today. So once we know the time it's starting/ending, prepare your F5'ers. We might just see a newcomer/veteran.
Glad we are independent today...

Xenorange

Smash Lord
It would not be, that list is the newcomers to be revealed. Not the secret ones, hence why Rosalina wasn't on it.

Glad we are independent today...
Your first comment confuses me, what does Rosalina have to do with secret characters?

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Honestly, I'm under the impression that everyone we see before release are either on the starting roster or 3rd party and therefore probably just shown to hype people up or Luigi (Only shown because of the Year of Luigi). I'm confident that Toon Link and Lucario are starters this time around, since there have been cases of characters not being secret in future games (such as Falcon and Ness in Melee, though they were secret again in Brawl). So... who knows? We could get more newcomers revealed, or another surprise veteran which was secret before.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Honestly, I'm under the impression that everyone we see before release are either on the starting roster or 3rd party and therefore probably just shown to hype people up or Luigi (Only shown because of the Year of Luigi). I'm confident that Toon Link and Lucario are starters this time around, since there have been cases of characters not being secret in future games (such as Falcon and Ness in Melee, though they were secret again in Brawl). So... who knows? We could get more newcomers revealed, or another surprise veteran which was secret before.
That wouldn't make much sense though having all 5 Mario characters and 4 of the 5 Zelda characters on the starting roster.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
That wouldn't make much sense though having all 5 Mario characters and 4 of the 5 Zelda characters on the starting roster.
I didn't say Luigi would be a starter. Sakurai even mentioned that he wouldn't normally reveal Luigi before release. As for the Zelda characters... *shrug*

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
It would make about as much sense as having all three Kirby characters on the starting roster.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
It would make about as much sense as having all three Kirby characters on the starting roster.
I didn't say Luigi would be a starter. Sakurai even mentioned that he wouldn't normally reveal Luigi before release. As for the Zelda characters... *shrug*
Even so 4 of the 5 Mario characters, 4 Pokemon, 2 Kid Icarus, and Ike and Marth.
No offense to either of y'all but I just don't see it happening.

shrooby

BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Even so 4 of the 5 Mario characters, 4 Pokemon, 2 Kid Icarus, and Ike and Marth.
No offense to either of y'all but I just don't see it happening.
I'm not really going to try to argue because it's incredibly arbitrary. :p
I mean, the way people tend to argue that a character would be unlockable is that it they "feel like *character* would be unlockable." You can't get much more arbitrary than that.
I care more about what the final roster looks like than the roster I start with. After all, I'll probably only have the starting roster for about ten minutes.

I "feel" that King K. Rool. would be unlockable. :troll:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'm not really going to try to argue because it's incredibly arbitrary. :p
I mean, the way people tend to argue that a character would be unlockable is that it they "feel like *character* would be unlockable." You can't get much more arbitrary than that.
I care more about what the final roster looks like than the roster I start with. After all, I'll probably only have the starting roster for about ten minutes.

I "feel" that King K. Rool. would be unlockable. :troll:
Speaking of that how many characters in total were on Brawl's starting roster?
If I'm not mistaken it was a little over/under 25% of the full roster right?

Last edited:

shrooby

BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Speaking of that how many characters in total were on Brawl's starting roster?
If I'm not mistaken it was a little over/under 25% of the full roster right?
There were 39 characters in Brawl and fourteen of them were unlockable. That's 35% unlockable.
Or, if you like to deal with "slots" more, there are 35 characters, so that would be 40% unlockable

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
There were 39 characters in Brawl and fourteen of them were unlockable. That's 35% unlockable.
Or, if you like to deal with "slots" more, there are 35 characters, so that would be 40% unlockable
Oh ok so there was a little over 25% unlockable my bad got that backwards.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
If you are arguing about unlockables and K. Rool, I think he makes sense for being unlockable. I think villains give that feeling of being secret characters, as final bosses in fighting videogames; like Ganondorf and Mewtwo (Mewtwo is not a true villain, but he gives the "evil" vibe). As for the rest of the villains; Bowser got the title of "starter villain" so he gets to stay non-secret, and neither Dedede or Metaknight are true villains.
Conclusion: if you are evil scary, you are secret. I recommend clearing classic mode with DK as soon as you start playing SSB4.

Xenorange

Smash Lord
If Luigi is hidden but still confirmed on the site, then where does that leave game and watch? Why isn't he confirmed yet?

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Too many people to quote, or tag, so I won't any.

My comment was that I believe Rosalina was going to be a secret character, and that later on she was decided to be starting roster, hence why she was not on the Gematsu leak, and then was.
We do not know we have 'four of five' zelda characters, for all we know there are six.
Likewise, Luigi may be secret, which is strong theory. And I do suspect he is the only secret character we have gotten, but I've heard "we received him due to year of luigi only" so many times that I'm not sure if it was a Sakurai quotation or not, at this point.

If Luigi is hidden but still confirmed on the site, then where does that leave game and watch? Why isn't he confirmed yet?
He has not gotten his big reveal yet!
Some speculate Pacman 'passed the torch'
My gut sank reading that, mostly because that is a ... slight possibility. I don't want to assume he is in, and he is not revealed, so I won't know for sure until. Though I believe he almost certainly will not be cut again, especially if Pacman IS in the game, there is too much to say Sakurai loves cooky, he loves his creations and what he does with them, he loves history, he loves video game timelimes coming together--- okay, Game and Watch is in.

But Luigi is luigi, and was revealed. Game and Watch has not gotten the official nod yet, so, we will leave it at that. I doubt he will in fact get the official nod; yet, if he does, I retract my starting roster only revealed, statement.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
That doesn't say he is hidden this game; it says he never was not hidden before. Meaning, it says he may not be a secret character in this game, OR that he is and they are revealing him anyway. It could go either way.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Man I want some satisfying character reveals like Duck hunt dog, K Rool, Balloon Fighter, Sceptile, Toad..

Meaning, I want someone other than Pacman who I wanted in the game.
Like... one. Just one from Nintendo. Literally one would do at this point.
I havent gotten that at all if I add the 'from Nintendo' caveat.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Man I want some satisfying character reveals like Duck hunt dog, K Rool, Balloon Fighter, Sceptile, Toad..

Meaning, I want someone other than Pacman who I wanted in the game.
Like... one. Just one from Nintendo. Literally one would do at this point.
I havent gotten that at all if I add the 'from Nintendo' caveat.
Realistically all I wanted was a DK newcomer. Dixie or K. Rool, whichever one I'd be fine with.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I want that white board drawing explained SO BADLY!
Why were those things the ones drawn! WHY THEM, and only them! What does it mean, does it mean anything

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I want that white board drawing explained SO BADLY!
Why were those things the ones drawn! WHY THEM, and only them! What does it mean, does it mean anything
Wasn't it something Sakurai drew on the white board at the start of developement?

bobadz

Smash Ace
I think it's hilarious that, despite how desperately the Jungle Beat developers wanted "their DK" to become "the new DK," casting aside DKC as "not fresh enough" in the process, they failed completely at their goal, and in fact solidified fans' desire for more DKC at the time. With Brawl, Retro's games, and the flood of Rare stuff we're getting here, DKC content has kept its place of prominence in the minds of fans.
It's funny. DKC was popular world wide, including Japan. Them changing stuff for jungle beat ticked people off world wide.

It's sorta like sonic 06, only jungle beat is playable.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
You know, the new Smash is taking bits here and there from Smash 64, especially with the 3DS Version.
As much as I want The Desk from the Opening of Smash 64 (how it was before it transformed into Peach's Castle, maybe with some Plushies of the Fighters in the background just sitting there) to be a stage, this points out something to do with our Great King.
DK's Home Stage, Jungle Hyjinx/Japes/I forget from the Original DKC.
You know who appeared in the original DKC?
KING K. ROOL, DATS WHO.
Solid evidence right there, call me a Leaker and send me to Sal Romano.

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
It's pretty safe to say that Mr G&W is still playable

The funny thing is, Mr. Saturn, Sandbag, and Master Hand have been confirmed while Wario and G&W are still waiting in the wings.

But this is getting way off topic, so here's a quick reminder of who's hour it is.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Say, this is something I've only just thought about but just now wanted to ask.
What do you guys think King Kirby Rool would look like?

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
The funny thing is, Mr. Saturn, Sandbag, and Master Hand have been confirmed while Wario and G&W are still waiting in the wings.

But this is getting way off topic, so here's a quick reminder of who's hour it is.

It's always his hour.

Say, this is something I've only just thought about but just now wanted to ask.
What do you guys think King Kirby Rool would look like?
I thought the K standed for KRAAAAZY!

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I remember seeing this awesome K. Rool video on youtube, it made me laugh a lot.

Basically it was K. Rool reading his Smash invitation, and the names had been dubbed over with "Mr Sakurai" "Smash Bros" etc.

I can't find it anymore :(.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I remember seeing this awesome K. Rool video on youtube, it made me laugh a lot.

Basically it was K. Rool reading his Smash invitation, and the names had been dubbed over with "Mr Sakurai" "Smash Bros" etc.

I can't find it anymore :(.
I made that video. It should be under the 'Videos' tab in the OP listed as "K. Rool Returns!" It's also linked to the banner image at the top of the OP.

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Hey, guys, by the way, I have a few K Rool drawings on Miiverse, search up Raxxel, and click the guy with black hair and a yellow shirt. That's me. For extra precision, I have one of my K Rool drawings as my background pic. Ignore the minimalist ones that comment on the yeahs a drawing got.

Top Bottom