• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

MrHomelessHobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Orangeporrige
Guys! I have some great news, I got contacted by an anonymous leaker who leaked the picture of the day for September 11th!
It confirms King K Rool is playable!

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
We will likely know the roster by about a week or two before the Japanese release

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816

Here is one drawing from Miiverse.

DingoPlatinum

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone! :ness: This is my first post in here.King K. Rool is my most wanted newcomer for Super Smash Bros for Wii U and 3DS. I even have drawn a picture about him in Miiverse.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
This is the friendliest and most on point, optimistic, and logical thread on Smashboards. Best fanboys, too.

We win the internet, guys.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I wonder how many of the thousands of views on the "One of Us" and "K. Rool's Finest Hour" videos came from this thread. . .

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I actually don't remember watching the DKC cartoon back in the 90's.

Is it still on reruns, or is it sitting on the shelves of some studio waiting to be released on DVD?

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
When I was a kid. Everytime my cable company made the deal of "you get HBO for free this weekend" my first thought was "Oh boy I get to see the DK cartoon!". My big bro even VHS'ed most of the episodes so we could see them whenever we wanted to.
Its a shame Metroid never got their own cartoon with a dancing and singing Ridley.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
When I was a kid. Everytime my cable company made the deal of "you get HBO for free this weekend" my first thought was "Oh boy I get to see the DK cartoon!". My big bro even VHS'ed most of the episodes so we could see them whenever we wanted to.
Its a shame Metroid never got their own cartoon with a dancing and singing Ridley.
There's still Slowbeef's Ridley.

I don't recall if K. Rool ever got that kind of treatment. But we already have the cartoon for that. :D

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Am I the only one who would actually prefer the cartoon voice over the game voice?
Listening to it again recently... I actually don't mind the cartoon voice. I don't care for K. Rool's DK64 voice much. I'd prefer etiher the cartoon voice or the original DKC game voice.

I still own my "legend of the crystal coconut" VHS tape.
My family has it. They got it a while back. I moved out a couple years ago, though, so I haven't seen it in a while. ^^

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Listening to it again recently... I actually don't mind the cartoon voice. I don't care for K. Rool's DK64 voice much. I'd prefer etiher the cartoon voice or the original DKC game voice.
The original DKC games and DK64 shared the same voice actor, though there was more of an inspiration taken from Darth Vader in the latter portrayal.

Last edited:

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
I made that video. It should be under the 'Videos' tab in the OP listed as "K. Rool Returns!" It's also linked to the banner image at the top of the OP.
Actually, the link in the "Videos" tab goes to the "What if K Rool was in Brawl" Youtube poop. Maybe you accidentally put the same link for both.

By the way, great video, hadn't seen it before!

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Another thing that adds to K Rools chances is that there has not been a new DK stage revealed, meaning that they are obviously hiding it for a new DK character to be announced, which means we are getting at least one DK newcomer. Dixie looks too much like Diddy, in that they have the same body shape. That leaves King K Rool to be a newcomer. I am confident that we will finally have our king present in the game.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Another thing that adds to K Rools chances is that there has not been a new DK stage revealed, meaning that they are obviously hiding it for a new DK character to be announced, which means we are getting at least one DK newcomer. Dixie looks too much like Diddy, in that they have the same body shape. That leaves King K Rool to be a newcomer. I am confident that we will finally have our king present in the game.
Hey, don't diss on Dixie, she'd still be quite unique! Dixie has her ponytail twirl which she can use for recovery and side specials, and she's never once used jet barrels plus her gumball gun's ammo could probably bounce after it hit the ground. She wouldn't be as unique as K. Rool, though, and I do think K. Rool deserves playable status first.

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
I'm considering changing my avatar to something King K. Rool related, since my Bowser Jr. hope is fading ever so slowly.

Bowser Jr. and K. Rool are the only newcomers I care about at this point, and the King is looking a lot likelier than the Prince.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I don't get the "Dixie looks like Diddy" argument at all. They really don't look anything alike. It's not as if you could possibly get confused as to which one they were at a quick glance (like I often do with Ike and Marth). Saying she looks like Diddy is like saying that K. Rool looks like King Dedede and Bowser. Neither statements are true.

I don't really understand why any DK fan, because let's face it if you want K. Rool then you're a DK fan is looking down their nose at Dixie.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Okay, so I've officially begun spreading the K. Rool for Smash DLC movement around to other sites. So far, I've hit up GameFAQs, NeoGAF, and DKVine.

--GameFAQs Link
--DKVine Link
--NeoGAF Link

Here are the threads for those sites, just in case anyone here is active on any of them and wants to help bump them and keep them in the public eye. The GameFAQs one in particular will need additional attention, given that it's already down on Page 2 due to the sheer amount of spam on the site.

Now is the time where garnering attention for the Kampaign is our goal. As such, if anyone has any other ideas where to spread the movement and its website (site linked here - be sure to include this), please go right on ahead and do so. The more eyes we can get on K. Rool and this movement, the better.

Before long, we can start making calculated pushes to Nintendo, such as an 'Email Nintendo Day' or a 'Tweet at Nintendo Week.'

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
It makes him seem more mentally unstable, imo.
I don't think he ever seemed mentally, stable.

Okay, so I've officially begun spreading the K. Rool for Smash DLC movement around to other sites. So far, I've hit up GameFAQs, NeoGAF, and DKVine.

--GameFAQs Link
--DKVine Link
--NeoGAF Link

Here are the threads for those sites, just in case anyone here is active on any of them and wants to help bump them and keep them in the public eye.

Now is the time where garnering attention for the Kampaign is our goal. As such, if anyone has any other ideas where to spread the movement and its website (site linked here - be sure to include this), please go right on ahead and do so. The more eyes we can get on K. Rool and this movement, the better.

Before long, we can start making calculated pushes to Nintendo, such as an 'Email Nintendo Day' or a 'Tweet at Nintendo Week.'
More intense social media.
Get popular tweeters to tweet it, youtubers to youtube it, and even facebook.
At some point make a meme for it so it can spread on instagram, pinterest, etc.
And if someone is so inclined to make a movie...

There are also tons of other smash sites. Such as Brawl in the family, Neoseekers, etc.

Last edited:
Top Bottom