• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Groose

Smash Champion
I'm just going to drop this off here. I was working on capturing footage in order to make my support video, and I made this in the process. I think it'll come in handy in the future...

Last edited:

MrHomelessHobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Orangeporrige
Make me a Kremling kutthroat and I will break into Sakurai's house and hold him hostage until he becomes a k tool supporter.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I'm just going to drop this off here. I was working on capturing footage in order to make my support video, and I made this in the process. I think it'll come in handy in the future...

If only it was Dixie instead of Cranky, then it'd make even more sense.

Kaptain K. Roolenstein

Smash Apprentice
Hey, guess what? You know Grant Kirkhope, the composer of Banjo-Kazooie and DK64, and DK's voice actor in DK64? He just retweeted the Kremling Kampaign website to 22.7 thousand followers! We're making waves here!
First off, holy **** that is amazing. I'm still trying to think of the words for how I feel for K. Rool in that Supporters Comments section. Everyone's comments are so good and well thought out!

Groose

Smash Champion
If only it was Dixie instead of Cranky, then it'd make even more sense.
Unfortunately, Dixie only makes a few brief appearances in the Donkey Kong cartoon. I'm not sure if she's seen together with K. Rool onscreen, and I'm certain that they don't dance together.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah, Dixie Kong is a very minor character on the cartoon; the cast of the cartoon was entirely from the original DKC game plus a few new characters, with Dixie Kong only briefly appearing in a few episodes. Plus as I've heard she was completely out of character. :p

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
She appears in a single scene with K. Rool, where he kisses her hand to win her vote in an election for the office of "Future Ruler of Kongo Bongo." Otherwise, they're never onscreen together, and yeah, she's in very few episodes otherwise, and almost always as a background extra to boot.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
:facepalm: You guys missed my point entirely. I was talking about how it'd make sense for Dixie and K. Rool to be dancing together should both of them be in the roster. You know, to show they were never in competition for slot space and are in "harmony" so to speak. It had nothing to do with the show itself.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
:facepalm: You guys missed my point entirely. I was talking about how it'd make sense for Dixie and K. Rool to be dancing together should both of them be in the roster. You know, to show they were never in competition for slot space and are in "harmony" so to speak. It had nothing to do with the show itself.
No, we all got your point (at least I think we did). It was just a matter of "sadly, there are no scenes like that in DKC where we can actually show something like that off."

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325

Not exactly what you're looking for

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
lol yeah, I couldn't find a dancing gif of him :/
How about this?

Also, I just put up a thread on Reddit's r/smashbros about the Kremling Kampaign. There's the potential to draw a lot of support from there, but it needs to be visible first. If everyone could go to that link and upvote it, that would push it up on the page and be quite helpful (if you don't have a Reddit account, it takes about ten seconds to make, so no worries there).

Chase

Smash Ace
I love King K Rool and I want him in Smash. I support K Rool in Smash 4.

I had posted these reasons on the Ridley thread (using K Rool as support for Ridley) so I thought I'd leave them here too.

Kremlings are in smash run. King K Rool and the Kremlings both had their last appearance in Mario Super Sluggers (2008). Their last appearances were together, so why split them up now?

Also this

I hope to get into more discussion here on K Rool soon.
I wrote that part of the article actually. It's true though. :joyful:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
THE Grant Kirkhope retweeted it?

That's amazing. I'm a HUGE fan of his work.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I want a new Mario Baseball game on the Wii U for two reasons.
1. It's a fun series, and I enjoyed it.
2. If K. Rool's playable in it again, his chances of getting into more games would increase, and he would gain some relevance.

Zynux

Smash Lord
Impressive getting Grant to retweet that, though at the same time I'm not surprised; Grant is a really chill dude who would be into that sort of thing.

Now just get David Wise on the bandwagon and the Krool Train may get some pretty serious recognition.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
...You know what would be cool?
An Alt. Costume that looks similar to the Kritter's Striker Outfit.
...But not as a Goalie.

Zynux

Smash Lord
In before David Wise prefers Lord Fredrik :troll:

In all honesty, I do not expect David Wise to participate at all; however, if he does that will be a pleasant surprise.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I already sent a request to David Wise. It's a coin toss whether he helps out as well. It is worth noting that he's an infrequent tweeter...his last tweet was in late April, whereas Grant is on Twitter daily.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
In before David Wise prefers Lord Fredrik :troll:

In all honesty, I do not expect David Wise to participate at all; however, if he does that will be a pleasant surprise.
Agreed, it'll certainly be a great day for us Kremling Kutthroats.
Your Icon is gorgeous, by the way. I Love Daisy.

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
I already sent a request to David Wise. It's a coin toss whether he helps out as well. It is worth noting that he's an infrequent tweeter...his last tweet was in late April, whereas Grant is on Twitter daily.
In addition, Grant is actually pretty active in the community. He's been on Game Grumps before, and I think he used to have an account on one message board or another. I'm not altogether surprised he retweeted it, but David Wise would be pretty shocking.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
I just posted the site on my facebook gaming group and tweeted the hashtag (thought I only use my twitter once per year). But what I really want to do for supporting is some fan art. I' ll try to get my muse tonight.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Hey, guess what? You know Grant Kirkhope, the composer of Banjo-Kazooie and DK64, and DK's voice actor in DK64? He just retweeted the Kremling Kampaign website to 22.7 thousand followers! We're making waves here!
Holy ****. We got Grant on our side. That is awesome.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
In addition, Grant is actually pretty active in the community. He's been on Game Grumps before, and I think he used to have an account on one message board or another. I'm not altogether surprised he retweeted it, but David Wise would be pretty shocking.
Indeed. Something to keep in mind, while it would be really symbolic to get David Wise behind the movement, his Twitter account has roughly one-seventh as many Twitter followers as Grant's does, probably due to Grant's community activity. If the goal is to spread the movement around, getting Grant is the bigger victory.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Hey. I have an idea. Maybe we should tweet this to JonTron, since he is a fan of Rare's games and might like the idea of K. Rool in Smash. Maybe he'd be willing if we mention that Grant retweeted it. Jon has a much larger following than Grant, so we'd make a lot of progress if we got him to support the movement.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Hey. I have an idea. Maybe we should tweet this to JonTron, since he is a fan of Rare's games and might like the idea of K. Rool in Smash. Maybe he'd be willing if we mention that Grant retweeted it. Jon has a much larger following than Grant, so we'd make a lot of progress if we got him to support the movement.
Not really the best Idea, especiallywhathappenedwithConker, but it's worth a shot.

Top Bottom