• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

D

Deleted member

Well to be fair, there's no one "villainous" or "evil" in Punch-Out, even if plenty of the characters have evil laughs or do morally questionable things (like Aran Ryan).

They're all just assholes. :laugh: Some more so than others.

Last edited by a moderator:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I was joking with King Hippo.

Also, to the people asking to be added to the Kutthroat List, I'll be sure to get around to it next time I do an OP update.

D

Deleted member

true but king hippo is kinda like the a villin in some sence but we are getting off topic
....No, he's not.
He's just a fat, lazy, gluttonous monarch of an island in the South Pacific that you have to beat in a boxing match.

Unlike K. Rool, who's hell-bent on taking over DK Isle (or destroying it once three takeover attempts failed) and disposing of the Kongs.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
All he wanted was some bananas :'(
At first.
Then he kidnapped Donkey Kong and tried to take over the island.
Then he kidnapped both Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong, created KAOS and tried to take over the island.
Then he tried to fire a bloomin death ray at the Kong's home. Then tried to take over the island.
Then he was in Mario sport spinoffs.
At least, that's how I remember it.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
At first.
Then he kidnapped Donkey Kong and tried to take over the island.
Then he kidnapped both Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong, created KAOS and tried to take over the island.
Then he tried to fire a bloomin death ray at the Kong's home. Then tried to take over the island.
Then he was in Mario sport spinoffs.
At least, that's how I remember it.
Lets not forget that he also endangered an alien species, and used one of their prized relics to try and destroy Donkey Kong. Again.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I usually just lurk these forums, so this is actually my first post here.
Anyway, I just wanted to share my thoughts on who this "Kremling Boss" could be. I'd be willing to bet that it's Klump for a few reasons-

1) Klump is actually LARGER than King K.Rool in Barrel Blast, which is his latest appearance.
2) Klump was one of the first Kremling enemies ever fought in DKC, which in my opinion makes him a pretty important enemy
3) Klump's redesign in Barrel Blast changed his design pretty drastically, which could explain why the rep didn't recognize him by name.

K.Rool has been my most wanted character since Melee, so I wanna let you guys know that I'm rooting for him too. I think Klump would make a great boss in Smash Run.

Eugh... don't bring up that abomination. They ruined his design. :urg: Seriously, whose idea was it to replace the hard hat with the bucket? Yes, Klump was my favourite Kremling.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Oh yeah, forgot about that one.
Though I've heard those games are bad so I never really touched them.
They actually weren't the worst, I mean, their K Rool was easily the weakest interpretation ever, but they held fun in them. They were simply very different. Wish I knew where I lost the game though.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I usually just lurk these forums, so this is actually my first post here.
Anyway, I just wanted to share my thoughts on who this "Kremling Boss" could be. I'd be willing to bet that it's Klump for a few reasons-

1) Klump is actually LARGER than King K.Rool in Barrel Blast, which is his latest appearance.
2) Klump was one of the first Kremling enemies ever fought in DKC, which in my opinion makes him a pretty important enemy
3) Klump's redesign in Barrel Blast changed his design pretty drastically, which could explain why the rep didn't recognize him by name.

K.Rool has been my most wanted character since Melee, so I wanna let you guys know that I'm rooting for him too. I think Klump would make a great boss in Smash Run.

Welcome, now you can't leave!

Last edited:

Handy Man

Smash Ace
Also, to the people asking to be added to the Kutthroat List, I'll be sure to get around to it next time I do an OP update.
Can I please be added as well, whenever you update the OP? I'll welcome myself.

EDIT: Nevermind, I already joined. :happysheep:

Last edited:

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Eugh... don't bring up that abomination. They ruined his design. :urg: Seriously, whose idea was it to replace the hard hat with the bucket? Yes, Klump was my favourite Kremling.
They did it cause redesigns are edgy. Except they forgot to give him scaly super armor, and to give him no helmet at all so people could see his beautiful Sean Connelly face.

KodyTauros

Smash Rookie
NNID
KodyTauros
Haven't been here for a while, has anyone gotten anything about the Chunky Kong assist trophy since it was said they saw him?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I told one of my buddies about the "Large Kremling in Smash run". He immediately suggested it was...
Lol I thought about that too, biggest Kremling I'm aware of. :D (Well, him and Kerozene, I suppose. Kerozene is also quite big, although I do think K. Lumsy is bigger. :p)

EDIT: I swear, there's some sort of non-specific guy watching this thread and just liking literally everything without ever posting. Maybe an introduction is in order?

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
That's the 3rd time the video was used on this very page. Quite a testament to how catchy it is.

Last edited:

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
May I mention how I love the use of the DKC show in all of this thread?
Seriously, I've gained an unhealthy obsession with that show after I rewatched the Crystal Coconut VHS. This is the first time I've met other people that like it :u

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Seriously, I've gained an unhealthy obsession with that show after I rewatched the Crystal Coconut VHS. This is the first time I've met other people that like it :u
Welcome to SmashBoards. :awesome:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I used to love the show, I'd get up every morning and watch Mega Man (if I got up early enough) followed directly by Donkey Kong Country. And unlike Mega Man, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog, I grew up playing Donkey Kong Country non-stop. Well, I did play Mega Man X sometimes, but I could never get far, so I usually preferred playing Donkey Kong Country instead. (I did play Super Mario World sometimes, but Sonic I didn't really play until I bought a Genesis at a rummage sale with four games, one of which being Sonic 3; although I still liked Sonic long before I actively played the games, so I probably caught the cartoons on TV.)

Nowadays I realize how none of the cartoons were really that good, even DKC. However, some parts of the show were ok. I don't love the DKC cartoon anymore, in fact I'd probably be embarrassed that I liked it as a kid if I watched it again now. But its probably one of the better cartoons based on video games from back in the day.

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
Trust me, I don't like it either. It'd probably be the design they ended up using though unfortunately.
Then again, after how Sakurai treated Mega Man and Pac-Man, I wouldn't be surprised if he used the old design.

K.Rool's got about as much mystery surrounding him as Ridley does. He's nowhere to be seen in any of the demo footage as a trophy, there's that chunky kong rumor, kremlings are in smash run, there's an unnamed kremling boss in smash run... there's just a lot going for him.

edit:
Oh also I just want to add, I think it'd be really awesome if there were an event match where you have to KO King K.Rool on the boxing ring stage with Diddy Kong by knocking down the lights. It'd be just like the final boss fight from DK64. I mean there's literally a boxing ring stage where you can knock down lights. And diddy kong is playable. It would just make too much sense.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'm so internally divided over where I'm pegging K. Rool's chances at this point (and Ridley and Mewtwo, too). On one hand, there's the Gematsu characters and the demo CSS screens coincidentally fitting 48 slots...and yet, there's still such telltale signs pointing to each of those three characters.

K. Rool has not only Kritters now, but a Large Kremling Boss who's almost assuredly a resurrected Rare enemy, Ridley has been teased like no NPC ever has been before and has been proven to have a strangely small size for a boss, and Mewtwo has Sakurai's quote and the teasing in Greninja's trailer where his webbing was removed.

It also just 'clicks' that those three antagonists, the top three most popular Nintendo requests, would be hidden away, in a 'saving the best for last' sort of scenario...that, and Mewtwo has the precedent of being unlockable, while it makes sense that there wouldn't be three DK or Metroid characters on the starting roster (Kirby is Sakurai's baby, therefore that made sense in Brawl).

But the last thing I want to do is get my hope up unreasonably.
Yes. It all does make too much sense to let a silly little leak which left out many characters, and a resizing issue get in the way.

Also, on a completely separate note, I'm spending too much time on this thread. About two years ago I was working on a Zelda musical inspired by my ex, but all the musical DK sequences have really gotten into my head and, well...
I mean, I made a live action 'Mario Party' game when I was 13. I will just keep it that if this keeps up, I will have a new working project. Which will require me to get more into DK history.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Hell yeah! I watched the entire show in a day just because I got so completely hooked on it. Honestly I think it's great for it's time. The animation was a little off sometimes, but it was the ****ing 90s that how that worked!

And the cast was generally amazing!

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Hell yeah! I watched the entire show in a day just because I got so completely hooked on it. Honestly I think it's great for it's time. The animation was a little off sometimes, but it was the ****ing 90s that how that worked!

And the cast was generally amazing!
Psst, I'd shower you in coconut cream pies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I would've prefered it if they took his model out of DK64 to. In Smash 64, DK's model looked very weird to me, especially at that time. To me, DK was the one character that looked most like an actual toy. Mario, Link, Fox and Pikachu especially looked more 'real' to me. Mario, Link and Fox looking pretty much exactly like their in-game models. This is why I didn't play DK as much as I should, but sticked mainly with Pikachu.

Just look for yourself, doesn't this:

Look better than this?

I think it does.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
I would've prefered it if they took his model out of DK64 to. In Smash 64, DK's model looked very weird to me, especially at that time. To me, DK was the one character that looked most like an actual toy. Mario, Link, Fox and Pikachu especially looked more 'real' to me. Mario, Link and Fox looking pretty much exactly like their in-game models. This is why I didn't play DK as much as I should, but sticked mainly with Pikachu.

Just look for yourself, doesn't this:

Look better than this?

I think it does.
Yeah, though I'd say the Smash model has a better fur texture. In DK64 his fur looks like plastic and a bit too reddish.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
DK in Smash 64 is one of the worst models on the Nintendo 64, his limbs constantly detach from his body, he moves weird, and his polygon count is incredibly low. The DK64 model is far superior.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeah, though I'd say the Smash model has a better fur texture. In DK64 his fur looks like plastic and a bit too reddish.
This is literally the only positive thing one could say about the Smash 64 DK design. It paled in comparision to DK64's model in every other aspect. And I'd even say that it's the picture that makes the fur stand out more, not so much the in-game model.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
14 years ago is a long time man.

...I feel old.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Apparently there's a Japan-Only Nintendo Direct going on today. So once we know the time it's starting/ending, prepare your F5'ers. We might just see a newcomer/veteran.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If there's gotta be a newcomer, I pray to Master Hand that it won't be a Gematsu-leaked one...

Top Bottom