• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
While this doesn't really matter, has anyone noticed this thread has the second most replies than any other running thread.
Um, yeah? Pretty much everyone on Smashboards knows that the Ridley and K. Rool threads are the two biggest threads, and they've been the biggest for as long as I've been on Smashboards (well, I've only been on Smashboards a few months). I think Palutena was the third-biggest before her announcement, but I don't recall.

Well, referring to character threads mostly.

Camc10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cam10_84
3DS FC
3625-9535-8650
Um, yeah? Pretty much everyone on Smashboards knows that the Ridley and K. Rool threads are the two biggest threads, and they've been the biggest for as long as I've been on Smashboards (well, I've only been on Smashboards a few months). I think Palutena was the third-biggest before her announcement, but I don't recall.

Well, referring to character threads mostly.
I knew they were the 2 most wanted characters, just not that k.rool's thread was one of biggest.

Zynux

Smash Lord
I knew they were the 2 most wanted characters, just not that k.rool's thread was one of biggest.
You shouldn't be surprised; K. Rool's massive girth pre-ordains that he will have one of the biggest threads. Ridley and K. Rool only further prove that size does matter. Thus, such an outcome was inevitable.

Embrace K. Rool's golden-plated girth. :smirk:

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
While this doesn't really matter, has anyone noticed this thread has the second most replies than any other running thread.
Yes, and on top of that, I think it's reasonable to say that this thread is the largest organic character thread on Smashboards. The Ridley thread absolutely dwarves everything, but that's because it's largely turned into a social thread at this point, whereas 90% of the time, this thread is at least somewhat on topic (no 'K. Rool x Character' fanart, no fanfiction about alter egos). K. Rool also doesn't have Sakurai and much of the Internet being pricks to his fans and boosting his post count exponentially.

Last edited:

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
Yes, and on top of that, I think it's reasonable to say that this thread is the largest organic character thread on Smashboards. The Ridley thread absolutely dwarves everything, but that's because it's largely turned into a social thread at this point, whereas 90% of the time, this thread is at least somewhat on topic (no 'K. Rool x Character' fanart, no fanfiction about alter egos). K. Rool also doesn't have Sakurai and much of the Internet being pricks to his fans and boosting his post count exponentially.
Man. I've got to make for some lost time then!

;)

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Although to be fair, we've had our own fair share of people saying "K. Rool is irrelevant," "Nintendo is killing off references to Rare properties," "K. Rool will be a boss!" etc. Every other week there's ANOTHER rumor/leak of K. Rool being a stage boss, and some people have even tried arguing that the "large Kremling" is actually K. Rool even though it makes no sense at all. Or other comments like "The Donkey Kong franchise is fine with just Donkey and Diddy."

Blah, blah, blah. Was surprised I actually saw a fake leak that had K. Rool as playable on it for once. :p

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Although to be fair, we've had our own fair share of people saying "K. Rool is irrelevant," "Nintendo is killing off references to Rare properties," "K. Rool will be a boss!" etc. Every other week there's ANOTHER rumor/leak of K. Rool being a stage boss, and some people have even tried arguing that the "large Kremling" is actually K. Rool even though it makes no sense at all. Or other comments like "The Donkey Kong franchise is fine with just Donkey and Diddy."
Oh, don't get me wrong, K. Rool has detractors, and virtually every argument they spew is pathetic, but it's not a MEME to be anti-K. Rool.

Whereas Ridley has TooBigots plaguing every Smash community on the Internet (probably because 'too big' is as complex a catchphrase as their hiveminds can handle), there's no "Where's Waldo K. Rool??" fad, for example.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
This is only semi/kinda related to K. Rool, but it somewhat proves that the screen doesn't only hold 48 max as some people have been suggesting. (I posted this elsewhere so I C&P it)

I've been doing some sleuthing, and here's what I've found. The Brawl Demo to final select screen boxes changed proportions by 75%,69%. As you can see from these images below:

http://i.imgur.com/LN1wNEc.png

http://i.imgur.com/3XDSjye.png

I applied this same number between the demo Wii U select screen. I resized Pit's character box by the exact same number that I did with Yoshi above, (75%,69%) and this is what I came up with:

http://i.imgur.com/e7z41or.png

The first 13 columns will fit, but a 14th won't. Which means that 52 slots (IE 51+random), fits perfectly on the CSS rescaled to the same ratio that Brawl's were.

Someone proved a while ago that the 3DS screen could potentially hold 54 slots.

Said this quite a few times, to those such as @EbonyRubberWolf, or that guy who always posts something about a 'mario theory,' but ultimately get rather bored. Thank you.

K.Rool near the finish. Which to me, nearly pulls Ridley along with it based on tactics used.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Despite having been in 9 DK games and one Mario sports game (Super Sluggers), do you guys think our King should get more love like DK and Diddy? According to what I know, Diddy as well as every other Kong and character aside from Donkey Kong himself were all created by Rare yet they're still being used in Mario Spinoff's, I heard Funky was even a character in Mario Kart 7(could've been Wii also, not sure) it'd be cool if they could use other characters in Mario spinoff games from the DK franchise, especially K. Rool. You think he might be a dlc character for Mario Kart 8(assuming they release a character dlc for that game) if ends up being in ssb4?

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Time for King K. Rool x Palutena artwork.
I'm writing a story about how K. Rool has dissociative personality disorder. There's one personality called "King Kong Rool" who thinks they're Donkey Kong's brother.
This just in, when asked about King K. Rool, Sakurai said "I don't know. He hasn't really been in any games recently. We'll think about. He'd be a little slow. Would that be all right?" *laughs at your soul*
"K. Rool is too fat," says a newly popularized group of idiots.

:troll:

I actually rather like the relatively mellower nature of this thread. Being that I frequent Ridley's thread so much, this one offers a nice change of pace. It's also easier to keep up with.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Oh, don't get me wrong, K. Rool has detractors, and virtually every argument they spew is pathetic, but it's not a MEME to be anti-K. Rool.

Whereas Ridley has TooBigots plaguing every Smash community on the Internet (probably because 'too big' is as complex a catchphrase as their hiveminds can handle), there's no "Where's Waldo K. Rool??" fad, for example.
Yeah, lol, I know, they're all stupid. Ridley gets far more detractors obviously.

Steelia

Smash Champion
It really depends on whether or not the developers use the traditional golden-belly K. Rool or the more recent plain-belly K. Rool. Personally, given all the old-school throwbacks to Donkey Kong Country (and potentially more down the road, if the "big Kremling" is Krusha/Klubba/etc), I would expect golden-bellied K. Rool, so super-armor is not out of the question.
That'd be perfect. Bowser would have super-armor on his back, K. Rool would have super-armor on his belly, and Mewtwo would have super-armor all over!

:awesome:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Blah, blah, blah. Was surprised I actually saw a fake leak that had K. Rool as playable on it for once. :p
Worst detractions are "We don't need no more Mario characters".

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I always find it odd that in many movesets for K Rool, people always say the neutral should be the blunderbuss. tbh, I think the neutral should be the crown throw, since neutral should resonate with the original character himself. the side special should be K Rool propelling himself with his blunderbuss like in DKC2, and his down special should be the shock wave from DK64, then his up special should be helicopter backpack from dkc3. Just my opinions movesets. I really hope the big kremling ain't K Rool, that would suck. Also, put me on the supporter list please.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Could anybody tell me how to make it so that my signature links to this thread?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
While we're on the subject of Character Arguments, one of the WORST I've seen for any character is;
If they were in the game, Sakurai would've revealed them by now!
God, that one almost gives me more of a headache than that one Goku guy from Miiverse.
...Well, the moment has passed, back to King K. Rool.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627

T-there...are people....w-who actually think this....?? :facepalm:

KingZing

Smash Journeyman

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
What few detractors K Rool has are running on a different set of standards onw why they believe the character should not be compared to the Ridley situation. There is definitely a lot less of them, they aren't nearly as vocal, and the reasons though often times misplaced and flawed logically are not usually completely insane. So the need to react in the way the Ridley thread often does isn't usually necessary.

I think what also plays part in it is how said community handles the detractors or differences in opinion even if they aren't straight out detractors. This is where I think most of the character threads includes this one handle well enough while with the Ridley thread is so large, so bloated, and delves off into somes maddening subjects that I think it falls short in that regards and why I am kind of critical of that thread compared to others even though I still like the idea of Ridley as I do K Rool.

I think there are some positive things to say of a character thread that isn't enomorus for the sake of being so and really how I think most of them should be.

Last edited:

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Go all out K. Razy with your signature here. ;)
I know how to edit my signature, but I want it too link to this thread, via someone clicking the picture

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I know how to edit my signature, but I want it too link to this thread, via someone clicking the picture
Use the BBCode [U.RL='your link goes here] [/U.RL] on either side of your image, just without the periods.

As for why K. Rool doesn't usually appear in Mario spinoff while other Kongs do, I remember reading a theory about how it's because they don't want a second main villain present to overshadow or hog the spotlight from Bowser. That's not a problem with other Kongs because they're blatantly sidekick material.

Last edited:

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Wonder if there will be any news on the Fourth of July. I know it ain't likely, but still. I would have to say that King K Rool would most likely get announced on July 9, since that is DK's anniversary

Weird, my signature says its saved, yet it doesn't seem to be showing up

Bet its cause I haven't made ten posts yet

Does it show up... Now?

Last edited by a moderator:

Steelia

Smash Champion
Put the URL tag first directing to this thread, then the IMG tag... uh...

Code:
[URL='http://smashboards.com/threads/k-rools-kremling-kutthroats-welcoming-all-new-users-to-crocodile-isle.324259/'][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/dEJk1Zp.png[/IMG][/URL]
That's what I use. You can swap out the image URL with your image of choice. :)

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
What few detractors K Rool has are running on a different set of standards onw why they believe the character should not be compared to the Ridley situation. There is definitely a lot less of them, they aren't nearly as vocal, and the reasons though often times misplaced and flawed logically are not usually completely insane. So the need to react in the way the Ridley thread often does isn't usually necessary.

I think what also plays part in it is how said community handles the detractors or differences in opinion even if they aren't straight out detractors. This is where I think most of the character threads includes this one handle well enough while with the Ridley thread is so large, so bloated, and delves off into somes maddening subjects that I think it falls short in that regards and why I am kind of critical of that thread compared to others even though I still like the idea of Ridley as I do K Rool.

I think there are some positive things to say of a character thread that isn't enomorus for the sake of being so and really how I think most of them should be.
The Ridley situation as a whole is somewhat of a perfect storm (for lack of a better term). The mixture of constant, hateful trolling from a major chunk of the community and supporters who are tired of dealing with said rudeness for over a decade fighting back (which in turn makes Ridley fans the most passionate even to the point of insanity), it creates a never-ending mountain that can only be stopped by Sakurai himself.

I'm willing to bet if there was a Gangplank Galleon stage with a "Enemy from DK's past may appear at any second" quote and K. Rool's shadow appeared on it with no official de/confirmation this thread would be almost as big as Ridley's.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Wonder if there will be any news on the Fourth of July. I know it ain't likely, but still. I would have to say that King K Rool would most likely get announced on July 9, since that is DK's anniversary

Weird, my signature says its saved, yet it doesn't seem to be showing up

Bet its cause I haven't made ten posts yet

Does it show up... Now?
Make sure not to double post- mods don't like that. Also, welcome to the forums!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
By the way, @ Raxxel Raxxel , use the "Edit" Button at all times. Don't double post; mods are pretty ruthless about double posts.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I get the feeling that Gangplank Galleon will basically be the replacement for the Pirate Ship stage in Brawl. We've already seen such replacing with Lumiose City/Skyloft taking Delfino Plaza's concept and MK7's Rainbow Road essentially being Port Town Aero Dive. Would certainly make a better DK stage then the ones in the previous game. :p

Plus it's the most fitting choice for K. Rool's home stage anyway.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I get the feeling that Gangplank Galleon will basically be the replacement for the Pirate Ship stage in Brawl. We've already seen such replacing with Lumiose City/Skyloft taking Delfino Plaza's concept and MK7's Rainbow Road essentially being Port Town Aero Dive. Would certainly make a better DK stage then the ones in the previous game. :p

Plus it's the most fitting choice for K. Rool's home stage anyway.
I hope it's not just a replacement for the pirate stage, it has so much more potential than that. At least have a cannonball or two rain down at some point:sadeyes:. Or have Scurvy appear and sing pirates scorn :p

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
While we're on the subject of Character Arguments, one of the WORST I've seen for any character is;

God, that one almost gives me more of a headache than that one Goku guy from Miiverse.
...Well, the moment has passed, back to King K. Rool.
Thanks. I didn't like those brain-cells anyway...!

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I hope it's not just a replacement for the pirate stage, it has so much more potential than that. At least have a cannonball or two rain down at some point:sadeyes:. Or have Scurvy appear and sing pirates scorn :p
Too much DK to add, TOO MUCH DK TO ADD

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
The Ridley situation as a whole is somewhat of a perfect storm (for lack of a better term). The mixture of constant, hateful trolling from a major chunk of the community and supporters who are tired of dealing with said rudeness for over a decade fighting back (which in turn makes Ridley fans the most passionate even to the point of insanity), it creates a never-ending mountain that can only be stopped by Sakurai himself.

I'm willing to bet if there was a Gangplank Galleon stage with a "Enemy from DK's past may appear at any second" quote and K. Rool's shadow appeared on it with no official de/confirmation this thread would be almost as big as Ridley's.
I only disagree in the context that the Ridley thread is also full of stuff that isn't revelent to the just dealing with the backlash from detractors as it also contains a large amount of random things that aren't simply found in the other character threads, I mean more then a few pages could be filled with posts just talking about making the thread bigger seemingly for the sake for doing so. Regardless that neither here or there I suppose.

If the Gangplank Galleon was a stage I would image it would have some familiar elements with the Pirate Ship, but even stages with similar structures try to throw a few things into the mix to make it at least feel different.

Top Bottom