• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Ah, I love Smash Boards. It's the better, more organized version of Miiverse, minus dumb things like Shrek and Bigley....And this place also King K. Rool Songs. And THOSE ARE THE BEST!
Love you guys. <3

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Wait, what?

I thought you just said you saw differently-sized blue and green Kritters. Are you now claiming you actually saw a Krusha?

Also, I rewatched a few Smash Run videos to see if anything new would arise. Reaper is another one of those 'event bosses' like Bulborb and Bonkers.

This guy is Krusha.

How big was the Kremling enemy you saw and what attacks did it do?
I'm pretty sure he looked like that.
But he wasn't huge at all, and I was smashed out of the screen before seeing an attack.
Would he have been a lot bigger than the other Kritters? He was not. Is there footage of just blue kritters?

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I'm pretty sure he looked like that.
But he wasn't huge at all, and I was smashed out of the screen before seeing an attach.
Would he have been a lot bigger than the other Kritters? He was not. Is there footage of just blue kritters?
This is a GIF of a Blue Kritter.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
This is a GIF of a Blue Kritter.

I

Then I must have seen a bigger version of that, a la the video above where regular enemies such as Bonkers can be bigger, because that is not the size of what I saw. I will leave it at that because I will just assume that is what it is, then, and will make no claim further as I am unsure. I wish I had stayed around that smash run to fight more so with Megaman.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
DKC Bosses, Cranky Kong, Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong... C'mon Sakurai, top it off with some K. Rool please.
I liked the Animal Crate idea...
Candy Kong or Funky as an AT too
obviously these are all after the K Rool Topping. but those are the tops. He is the ice cream meat.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I

Then I must have seen a bigger version of that, a la the video above where regular enemies such as Bonkers can be bigger, because that is not the size of what I saw. I will leave it at that because I will just assume that is what it is, then, and will make no claim further as I am unsure. I wish I had stayed around that smash run to fight more so with Megaman.
Holy **** I hope you're right, its been FOREVER since we've actually seen Krusha. Krusha isn't much bigger than regular Kritters normally, but they might've sized him up to make him look more menacing. What Krusha IS, though, is much more muscular and powerful, he's more easily able to shrug off damage. The only things that can kill Krusha is Donkey Kong jumping on his head and throwing barrels at him. There's also a more powerful Krusha which can only be killed with barrels; not even Donkey Kong jumping on him can kill that Krusha.

Granted, it could just be one of the many Krusha variants that have been created over the years. Similar enemies to Krusha have been created such as Kasplat and Kludge.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
This is the most agonizing character I've ever supported. I'm on the edge of my seat with anxiety. I just want closure already. Is he in, or is he not? The game can't release soon enough.

Well actually, it can, because nobody likes a rushed beta release.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
This is the most agonizing character I've ever supported. I'm on the edge of my seat with anxiety. I just want closure already. Is he in, or is he not? The game can't release soon enough.

Well actually, it can, because nobody likes a rushed beta release.
Honestly, the more I keep hearing, the more and more I think K. Rool's chances of being in rise. ALL OF THIS KREMLING LOVE... DAMNIT ALL OF THIS KREMLING LOVE IS SO EPIC!

There is literally NOTHING against K. Rool at this point, and tons pointing in his favor. The Kremling love being especially notable. I mean, I was content with just three versions of Kritter, but now it sounds like we might have Krusha which is just another enemy mook, plus potentially another bigger Kremling as a miniboss (my bets being Klubba at this point), plus all of these mentions of Chunky Kong being an AT... Heck, I can picture it now:

Three event matches with K. Rool on the Boxing Ring (or just one event match with three KO's, with the conditions for each KO changing every time). For the first KO/event match, beat K. Rool with Donkey Kong. Second KO/event match, KO K. Rool with Diddy Kong by knocking down the lights. Third KO, defeat K. Rool with the Chunky Kong AT. It'd be pretty epic to see that (although incredibly difficult to handle).

Plus the inevitable "Three Trouble Kings" event match, obviously it'd be a single event match instead and pushed further back to be a much harder event match. My guess being you have to defeat Bowser, Dedede, and K. Rool with either Mario, Kirby, or Donkey Kong.

I'm TRYING to be cautiously optimistic, but everytime I hear news about yet another Kremling enemy in Smash Run I just feel even better about K. Rool.

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, the more I keep hearing, the more and more I think K. Rool's chances of being in rise. ALL OF THIS KREMLING LOVE... DAMNIT ALL OF THIS KREMLING LOVE IS SO EPIC!

There is literally NOTHING against K. Rool at this point, and tons pointing in his favor. The Kremling love being especially notable. I mean, I was content with just three versions of Kritter, but now it sounds like we might have Krusha which is just another enemy mook, plus potentially another bigger Kremling as a miniboss (my bets being Klubba at this point), plus all of these mentions of Chunky Kong being an AT... Heck, I can picture it now:

Three event matches with K. Rool on the Boxing Ring (or just one event match with three KO's, with the conditions for each KO changing every time). For the first KO/event match, beat K. Rool with Donkey Kong. Second KO/event match, KO K. Rool with Diddy Kong by knocking down the lights. Third KO, defeat K. Rool with the Chunky Kong AT. It'd be pretty epic to see that (although incredibly difficult to handle).

Plus the inevitable "Three Trouble Kings" event match, obviously it'd be a single event match instead and pushed further back to be a much harder event match. My guess being you have to defeat Bowser, Dedede, and K. Rool with either Mario, Kirby, or Donkey Kong.

I'm TRYING to be cautiously optimistic, but everytime I hear news about yet another Kremling enemy in Smash Run I just feel even better about K. Rool.
I'm still not sold on K Rool's chances. I'll admit the Kremlings do raise his chances but that doesn't do it for me.

Is there actually nothing against K Rool? There is the competition of Dixie and the fact that he hasn't showed up for a while. I still believe Dixie would be getting in before K Rool and with all the limited slots left, the competition for slots are bigger than ever. Of course, this is just speculation so anything could happen I guess.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm still not sold on K Rool's chances. I'll admit the Kremlings do raise his chances but that doesn't do it for me.

Is there actually nothing against K Rool? There is the competition of Dixie and the fact that he hasn't showed up for a while. I still believe Dixie would be getting in before K Rool and with all the limited slots left, the competition for slots are bigger than ever. Of course, this is just speculation so anything could happen I guess.
The Kremlings have been gone just as long as K. Rool.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
The only thing really hindering Rool's chances now are Dixie. And with the KremlingAs s included I'd say they're about even.

As Nintendo's 4th most successful franchise, I'd ideally like to see one on disc and one as DLC. DK more than deserves 4 reps.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
....why is one of his fingers floating in the air to the left? (Sorry, that doesn't relate to your point, but that's just something that caught my attention.)

As for "scripted" spawn points, what do you mean? You mean like they have specific areas where they appear?
Looking at Smash Run's map, I can't think of a good place to put him that isn't out in the open.
Kraid shoots his fingers off as an attack, it's pretty wacky.

Yeah, with the "scripted" spawn locations I meant that they always spawn at a specific spot on the map, would also make it easier to find them once you see the "Target: Kraid" notification. Gotta admit I haven't taken a look at the Smash Run map myself, it was just an idea. It's worth noting Kraid doesn't need to move, in Zero Mission he's always standing on one spot.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I can't recall the name of the character but in DKC2, there's a rather large Kremling that you have to pay coins to in order to pass. He gives you a good thump if you try and pass without paying him.

Maybe it's him?

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I have officially clarified that the "Big Kremling" is NOT King K. Rool. Plus some more info on Smash Run "Bosses".
What I found out using this video is;
1) They are not Event Specific, they just get noticed at a certain time.
2) They drop alot of power-ups, mainly of one type but with others added in there. (Bonkers drops mainly +Attack)
3) THERE ARE MULTIPLE OF THEM.
King K. Rool is still here, guys.
How does this help his chances?

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Funny you all should talk about DLC. . .look what I've been cooking up over the past few days. I am planning on spreading this around between as many other websites as possible, hoping to develop a significant following that could actually make a difference. What better place to start than K. Rool's very own biggest fan thread?

http://kremlingkampaign.wordpress.com

We're almost certainly getting DLC (Sakurai "not ruling it out," Gematsu leaking that it's being planned), so even though we're not sure of K. Rool's final fate yet, it's absolutely a great idea to start pushing him for DLC right now, while things are still calm and before the "GOKU, SHREK, NARUTO FOR DLC" requests reach fever pitch post-release. We'd be foolish not to, considering this is our big chance to actually be noticed in a time frame when Nintendo is actively listening to fan comments about the game due to events like E3 and the Best Buy showcases.

Anyhow, this is where I invite all of you onboard and hope that you'll help out in any way you can. Starting around Monday and continuing whenever there are slow periods in this thread, I'm going to start reaching out to Nintendo and Namco representatives in small ways detailed on the site, like on Twitter or by email. This is where everyone can take literally a single minute to chip in and potentially accomplish something big as a group (although more than a minute per member could accomplish something even more quickly).

Another thing, I've included a tab for 'Supporter Comments,' so, if you'd like to share, say, a background story about why you love K. Rool, why you support him for Smash, why you think he'd be a smart choice for DLC, etc., you can leave it in the site's comments. I'll upload it onto a post there so we can develop a Comment Wall of sorts, all as a testament to how much people really enjoy the character.

I hope you all will join me in continuing to support our favorite Kremling King beyond this thread as part of this Kampaign.

I may do this soon.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I just listened to that part of the video again. Only Kirbopher jokes about "this might be something [the rep] wasn't not supposed to share" in reference to the bosses, but it's never outright stated to be a secret new mode. The rep was, for all intents and purposes, explaining a basic feature of the mode that was only briefly touched on by Sakurai: "events."

What he did mention was how bosses appearing are events, like the Bullet Bill Barrages or Combo Bonuses or whatever. There was even a screenshot of one of these boss events underway during the video's gameplay.

Basically, how bosses work are that, on the map, a little arrow appears with a number, which increases or decreases depending on how far or near the player is to the boss. When the number reaches 0, they're right next to the boss, and the number turns into a 'Target!' label, which can be seen in the Bonkers pic from earlier. These guys are not only massive, even moreso than the Mega Goombas and whatnot, but have actual fleshed out attacks (Bonkers jumps around, throws seeds, and has like three different hammer swings, one of which can pitfall characters).

So yeah, Smash Run bosses are an event featuring predominantly mini-boss characters, not some magic door concept that people have erroneously cooked up about Kraid. If it were, yeah, it'd make sense to feature major characters, but as it stands, it doesn't.
Yeah, someone shared this elsewhere (with the video it came with):

So we know people have played through some of the boss events. I'm actually surprised we haven't heard more info about them. I'd actually be a bit upset if K. Rool was a Smash run boss. At least a stage boss is a bit of a special position, Smash Run looks like it will have a ton of bosses.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
How does this help his chances?
It makes sure that K. Rool isn't an enemy/boss in Smash Run, so I guess it slightly raises his chances. :b:
Yeah, someone shared this elsewhere (with the video it came with):

So we know people have played through some of the boss events. I'm actually surprised we haven't heard more info about them. I'd actually be a bit upset if K. Rool was a Smash run boss. At least a stage boss is a bit of a special position, Smash Run looks like it will have a ton of bosses.
My post further up this thread (page 277 I believe) would love to have a chat with you.

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
Yeah, looking more into the whole Smash Run (mini-)boss thing, I feel like they're more like glorified "normal" enemies. And K. Rool is definitely on a higher pedestal than an enemy like that haha. At least he should be.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
I can't recall the name of the character but in DKC2, there's a rather large Kremling that you have to pay coins to in order to pass. He gives you a good thump if you try and pass without paying him.

Maybe it's him?
Klubba. He's been brought up several times already. There's also his palette-swap boss counterpart, Kudgel

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Klubba. He's been brought up several times already. There's also his palette-swap boss counterpart, Kudgel

Palette swaps and brothers, too. Klubba and Kudgel are basically the Kremling equivalents of the Hound and the Mountain, respectively, from Game of Thrones, with Klubba being the unscrupulous guy who happily declares "F*** the king" and Kudgel being the terrifying brute who's basically the strongman fighter of his army.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
How does it confirm he's not in Smash Run?
There were 2 Bonkers in 2 seperate places. Do you wanna see 2+ King K. Rools jogging about?
(But he could be in Smash Run... as a playable character doing Smash Run. :troll:)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Retro better be looking, cause those Kritter attack patterns would be amazing to have in a 3rd DKCR game.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
There's something about Krusha's huge muscles rippling under his skin-tight tank top that makes my dong expand.

All these points going towards K. Rool being in are making my Ridley-loving side salty, but the fact that we might see K. Rool again is getting me all hot and bothered.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
This is only semi/kinda related to K. Rool, but it somewhat proves that the screen doesn't only hold 48 max as some people have been suggesting. (I posted this elsewhere so I C&P it)

I've been doing some sleuthing, and here's what I've found. The Brawl Demo to final select screen boxes changed proportions by 75%,69%. As you can see from these images below:

http://i.imgur.com/LN1wNEc.png

http://i.imgur.com/3XDSjye.png

I applied this same number between the demo Wii U select screen. I resized Pit's character box by the exact same number that I did with Yoshi above, (75%,69%) and this is what I came up with:

http://i.imgur.com/e7z41or.png

The first 13 columns will fit, but a 14th won't. Which means that 52 slots (IE 51+random), fits perfectly on the CSS rescaled to the same ratio that Brawl's were.

Someone proved a while ago that the 3DS screen could potentially hold 54 slots.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
This is only semi/kinda related to K. Rool, but it somewhat proves that the screen doesn't only hold 48 max as some people have been suggesting. (I posted this elsewhere so I C&P it)

I've been doing some sleuthing, and here's what I've found. The Brawl Demo to final select screen boxes changed proportions by 75%,69%. As you can see from these images below:

http://i.imgur.com/LN1wNEc.png

http://i.imgur.com/3XDSjye.png

I applied this same number between the demo Wii U select screen. I resized Pit's character box by the exact same number that I did with Yoshi above, (75%,69%) and this is what I came up with:

http://i.imgur.com/e7z41or.png

The first 13 columns will fit, but a 14th won't. Which means that 52 slots (IE 51+random), fits perfectly on the CSS rescaled to the same ratio that Brawl's were.

Someone proved a while ago that the 3DS screen could potentially hold 54 slots.
51 would be perfect. Literally perfect. 35 (no squirtle, ivy, snake or lucas :() + 12 (gematsu + rosalina) would be 47. Add in K. Rool, Ridley, Mewtwo, and either a retro (Takamaru) or a personal preference character (Isaac) and boom. 51. THAT would be a great roster.

Top Bottom