• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Warning Received
It isn't enough just to make a game and satisfy the fan base. Need to make it for everyone
See, it's not about requests, it won't benefit K. Rool and Ridley.
Just letting you know, I'm glad this was finally stated.

Last edited:

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
See, it's not about requests, it won't benefit K. Rool and Ridley.
Just letting you know, I'm glad this was finally stated.
I'm sorry, I thought this was the K. Rool support thread.

Yes, yes it is, because those drones cheering in the crowd don't care who's put in and respond positively to absolutely everything.

I was right to fear Sal Romano with Mii and Palutena. Now you see just how horrifying he really is when it's all but entirely confirmed.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
All in all, a meh. Mii's are all right, but if that's all were getting newcomers-wise, it's kinda disappointing.

D

Deleted member

I don't think that King K. Rool's chances are dead, but I find them to be impaired. He still has a chance, but I see him getting in at 50/50.
With the first batch of the Gematsu leak being correct while correctly stating the Miis will be called "Mii Fighters," I say that Shulk, Chrom, and Chorus Men are confirmed. From a numerical standpoint, this is bad for potential newcomers. King K. Rool still has a chance by being god-tier in terms of requests and his uniqueness.

ChosenZelos

Smash Apprentice
Feels pretty disappointing right now.

I don't think Pacman should be in. This pretty much just confirms the Gematsu leak too. Chorus-men? I'm okay with Shulk and Chrom, but Chorus-men is bleh.

Happy about Palutena though.

Not looking too good for our King :(

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Either way, nothing against K. Rool. Ironically, nothing against Ridley, either. Pyrosphere wasn't even available.

I don't necessarily think Chrom and Chorus Men are outright confirmed, though. We know this is early information. Chrom could've been set to replace Ike but they decided against it, and Chorus Men could've been cut later in development. We still have to see. (The leaker had accurate info, but it doesn't mean the characters will make it to the final game).

D

Deleted member

I'm personally starting to doubt just how much those factors really mean.
King K. Rool is one of Japan's most wanted newcomers. He is on the same level as Mega Man, Palutena, and Shulk, with the former two being confirmed while the latter is arguably semi-confirmed. I think that Sakurai has taken wind of King K. Rool, especially when he has acknowledged his popularity from before.

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
If this Sal whoever the hell he is leaks the entire roster, I would punch him in the face if I could.

Ruin everything for the rest of us!

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
At this point, hope for K. Rool to not be a boss or an Assist Trophy so he at least has a chance at becoming DLC in case those are all of the newcomers.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I must say, if those leaked characters are truly the last newcomers, then why in the f*** does Kid Icarus get as many reps as DK and Metroid?

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
I must say, if those leaked characters are truly the last newcomers, then why in the f*** does Kid Icarus get as many reps as DK and Metroid?
Because Sakurai. (Though I don't have a problem with it as long as we DO get a DK newcomer and/or Ridley, and even then I'd only be kinda meh about it.)

Last edited:

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
What's with all the doom and gloom? Was an E3 reveal seriously that important? You seem to have it in your heads that events like this are do or die.

Oh no! Ness is gone! Captain Falcon ain't coming back! The hidden characters in previous games aren't being served on a platter so that means they're doooOOomed-!

That's just an example of the bizarre sentiments that seem to be running wild. What's up with this generation? You've all gone cuckoo!

King K. Rool's chances are no better but no worse off than he was 2 weeks ago. The roster is finalized and we just-don't-know.
I refuse to simply give up on a whim. If he's not in, fine. Bummer. But there's always next game.

Till I have the game in hand- I'm sticking to my guns and so should you.

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Because I have no damn clue.

I'd be lying if I said my hype/hope wasn't basically 0 right now. We, along with countless supporters of other characters have been dealt a major blow.

What's with all the doom and gloom? Was an E3 reveal seriously that important? You seem to have it in your heads that events like this are do or die.

Oh no! Ness is gone! Captain Falcon ain't coming back! The hidden characters are being served on a platter so that means they're doomed.

That's just an example of the bizarre sentiments that seem to be running wild. What's up with this generation? You've all gone cuckoo!

King K. Rool's chances are no better but no worse off than he was 2 weeks ago. The roster is finalized and we just-don't-know.
I refuse to simply give up on a whim. If he's not in, fine. Bummer. But there's always next game.

The Romano leaks was basically confirmed to be true today. Even though I was 99% sure it was, there was that tiny bit of hope. Now that we know there's still three more newcomers, that will be 12 in all. Since Sakurai has stated that he's attempting to focus less on new characters this time around, it does not bode well.

On a more personal note, the fact that Lucas, one of my mains is all but dead doesn't help either.

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781

Oh no! Ness is gone! Captain Falcon ain't coming back! The hidden characters in previous games aren't being served on a platter so that means they're doooOOomed-!

Exactly. It's almost like people have forgotten how they did it in Brawl.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Because I have no damn clue.

I'd be lying if I said my hype/hope wasn't basically 0 right now. We, along with countless supporters of other characters have been dealt a major blow.
I honestly thought we'd see either King K. Rool or Dixie, we better get at least one of them(hopefully K. Rool).
My hype was pretty low after seeing the reveals. Hopefully more will be announced later but I doubt that.

SeatreasureReturned

Smash Apprentice

I would say his chances are a little worse off after today. No he's not down and out, but yesterday I thought he had a better shot than today. Basically, it is just a number's game. We can't be expecting much more. Just hope for the best, I guess.

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
Honestly, I still am optimistic. We have to have some unlockable newcomers. Our King is not out of the running yet. Until I see the final roster on October 3rd, I still have hope.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
@ bellboy64 bellboy64 One, because Sal's latest leak included the phrase "participating characters," which very well may have meant all of the newcomers in the game, and two, because we know now that the Mii is sucking up three times as much development time as we previously expected. K. Rool's not over yet, but this is far from good news for any character whose names aren't Chrom, Shulk, or Chorus Men.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Honestly, I still am optimistic. We have to have some unlockable newcomers. Our King is not out of the running yet. Until I see the final roster on October 3rd, I still have hope.
That's another thing. The fact that we'll have to wait even longer to know.

Whatever. Sakurai can do whatever the hell he wants. I find it hard to care anymore. That old Betternet leak is starting to look pretty attractive right now. That one at least had Mewtwo.

Kaptain K. Roolenstein

Smash Apprentice
They uploaded the Pac Man trailer. Nooow my hype is back up. As for K. Rool, I still have faith that he's in the game. I don't believe that the E3 characters are the last newcomers we get.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm still optimistic about K. Rool. He wouldn't bring back the Kremlings for nothing, after all. He's aware of the demand and K. Rool's wild popularity, and has been since Melee. Plus, using Classic Mega Man and World Pac-Man shows that he doesn't care about silly "recency."

Honestly, as far as newcomers go, I think we're getting the remaining Sal trio + King K. Rool.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Honestly, as far as newcomers go, I think we're getting the remaining Sal trio + King K. Rool.
I could handle this, and Mewtwo.
I support so many unpopular characters that my only hope is DLC honestly.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I could handle this, and Mewtwo.
I support so many unpopular characters that my only hope is DLC honestly.
For all intents and purposes, I wasn't including Mewtwo since he's a veteran. :p

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
@ bellboy64 bellboy64 One, because Sal's latest leak included the phrase "participating characters," which very well may have meant all of the newcomers in the game, and two, because we know now that the Mii is sucking up three times as much development time as we previously expected. K. Rool's not over yet, but this is far from good news for any character whose names aren't Chrom, Shulk, or Chorus Men.
I still think you're all being very foolish. You've basically given up. K. Rool is one single character. He has a chance. He's always had a chance.

I wish that Sal guy had just shut his damn trap now. I like a good speculation/leak now and then but he's tearing us apart here.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I still think you're all being very foolish. You've basically given up. K. Rool is one single character. He has a chance. He's always had a chance.

I wish that Sal guy had just shut his damn trap now. I like a good speculation/leak now and then but he's tearing us apart here.
I haven't give up. There's a Nick Fury quote I'm going to paraphrase from Avengers..."Until such a time when the world does end, I plan to act as though it intends to spin on."

But depending on which interpretation of Sal's source's latest comment, this could mean bad things...and I'd prefer bracing for that possibility now rather than later.

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
How likely are boss characters in Smash Run?....is there a good chance of bosses appearing in those challenge rooms in Smash Run, (like the one where you have to break the crystals)?

I don't remember the exact phrasing when they were talking about those challenge room things.

Last edited:

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
How likely are boss characters in Smash Run?....is there a good chance of bosses appearing in those challenge rooms in Smash Run, (like the one where you have to break the crystals)?

I don't remember the exact phrasing when they were talking about those challenge room things.
There's not going to be boss characters. That would've been seen in the very first Smash Run trailer if there were any.

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
[great acting]
I'm actually glad we got this information early. If I had kept myself spoiler free, bought the game, and realized that what may very well be all we get is all we get, I'd be furious.
Don't mock Wiseau. He's an all-American(?) hero.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
It worries me that the rumors about mii's, Palutena, and Pac-Man turned out to be true and while I'm ok with 2 out of 3 of those characters being officially confirmed, shulk, chrom, and chorus men may very well be confirmed as well. I really want K. Rool to be in this game as a playable character but the odds are'nt looking very good for him right now despite the return of kremlings. If anything, we'll be really lucky and I mean REALLY lucky if he's a dlc character.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
I want you guys to think about this. . .

The guy who should've been the first one considered for this game, let alone should've made it for brawl? The guy with absolutely no negative attributes whatsoever? The guy from the most criminally underreppred series (No, not Metroid)? Yeah, he was considered after Greninja. . .When Greninja was CONCEPT ART.

Greninja is Sakurai's baby as much as Palutena. King Dedede, Sakurai's direct baby, was also considered for Smash 64 over Ganondorf and K. Rool. In Melee, if Sakurai would've added the one unique character instead of the six clones, he said he would have added Dedede, not given Ganondorf a unique moveset.

Sakurai is far more interested in satisfying himself than any fans. He doesn’t want us, and we shouldn’t stick around where we obviously aren’t wanted. I’m done with this company.

Top Bottom