• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
I like that the Mii is playable. I've got tons of Miis on my consoles I'd love to play as in Smash. XD Palutena is meh IMO. Hopefully there's more to come.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I dislike Palutena for person reasons. And Miis being clones of existing characters just makes them worse imo.
Worse? No, no, this was the BEST thing they could've done. Why is it worse?

Making them clones of existing characters = less development time on them and more time adding characters people actually want.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
That's what I'm worried about to be completely honest. I'm concerned that we may not be getting many of those. Then there's the very real possibility now that Lucas is gone.
I pretty much anticipated Lucas was gone either way... :p

Laniv

Smash Champion
I'm incredibly bothered that an actual clone like Toon Link can stay, but Lucas cannot.
Okay, now I'm a little worried for Lucas.

But if Toon Link, Lucario, and Ike, can stay, I see no reason Lucas should get the axe.

But anyways, how about that K. Rool, eh?

I feel like Sakurai's waiting for the invitational to announce him.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Okay, now I'm a little worried for Lucas.

But if Toon Link, Lucario, and Ike, can stay, I see no reason Lucas should get the axe.

But anyways, how about that K. Rool, eh?

I feel like Sakurai's waiting for the invitational to announce him.
I feel like Ridley will be confirmed at the invitational instead, but if K. Rool is at E3 I'll be a happy camper.

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
Well, the more the merrier! Lucas could stay, I mean, they could take attacks from Mother 3 for him and Earthbound attacks for Ness. They kinda did that in Brawl, but they were way too similar. I hope they fix that if he gets in.

By the way, isn't it weird that they didn't confirm Wario, Mr Game and Watch, Captain Falcon and all those characters left that are 99.99% in? I feel like they will be revealed progressively throughout the Invitational. Maybe K Rool too! Imagine:

The invitational finishes and suddenly, the Smash video introduction *clink* and Kredits with Kremling names start to roll and... Well you know the rest.

Ahhh, just imagine K Rool in here :3 (it's the official roster)

Last edited:

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Less slots for K. Rool and the other good characters (Read: villians) to come in. Worst part is it was the obvious Palutena and not something cancerous like Krystal, so we “can’t complain”. The roster is becoming completely dominated by the tumblr crowd (All the females, villager, Mii) rather than actual fans and Sal Romano is looking more than likely than ever. If it comes true, it’s nothing short of an OUTRAGE. This direct appealed to absolutely no one who would not be happy no matter what was revealed.

While I’m normally all over hating upon Dixie Kong for being K. Rool’s competition, it’s also insulting as hell if there’s just no Donkey Kong rep and all of these random people were chosen as the female representation, much less one of Nintendo’s only actual heroines. Yes, that’s what this cancerous direct has reduced me, the most outspoken anti Dixie poster, to. Advocating for her.

There still is a remote chance that we get another newcomer at the invitational. Wii Fit Trainer, cancer that she is, was revealed later after the main trailers. We could get another scenario here. Ridley’s the main one I’m thinking about, since it’s so insanely insulting to his fans. Even if he’s not shown, we’ll finally get our 100% disconfirmation of him when the people play on Pyrosphere. Pray for Ridley, as without him, the evil that is Sal Romano will overtake us all as Sakurai abandons us CIS scum for the casuals and tumblr.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well, the more the merrier! Lucas could stay, I mean, they could take attacks from Mother 3 for him and Earthbound attacks for Ness. They kinda did that in Brawl, but they were way too similar. I hope they fix that if he gets in.

By the way, isn't it weird that they didn't confirm Wario, Mr Game and Watch, Captain Falcon and all those characters left that are 99.99% in? I feel like they will be revealed progressively throughout the Invitational. Maybe K Rool too! Imagine:

The invitational finishes and suddenly, the Smash video introduction *clink* and Kredits with Kremling names start to roll and... Well you know the rest.

Ahhh, just imagine K Rool in here :3 (it's the official roster)

They inadvertently kinda confirmed Wario and Ganondorf. All of the Nintendo figures shown off in the Digital Event were Smash Bros. characters. Wario and Ganondorf were among them, as well.

Because casuals are the devil that is ruining video games, right?
Smash Bros. needs to appeal to casuals just as much as actual Smash Bros. fans. If Wii Fit Trainer and Mii are the only "casual" characters we get, I don't see the problem.

Last edited:

Sun & Moon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedNes30
3DS FC
3411-1835-2138
Less slots for K. Rool and the other good characters (Read: villians) to come in. Worst part is it was the obvious Palutena and not something cancerous like Krystal, so we “can’t complain”. The roster is becoming completely dominated by the tumblr crowd (All the females, villager, Mii) rather than actual fans and Sal Romano is looking more than likely than ever. If it comes true, it’s nothing short of an OUTRAGE. This direct appealed to absolutely no one who would not be happy no matter what was revealed.

While I’m normally all over hating upon Dixie Kong for being K. Rool’s competition, it’s also insulting as hell if there’s just no Donkey Kong rep and all of these random people were chosen as the female representation, much less one of Nintendo’s only actual heroines. Yes, that’s what this cancerous direct has reduced me, the most outspoken anti Dixie poster, to. Advocating for her.

There still is a remote chance that we get another newcomer at the invitational. Wii Fit Trainer, cancer that she is, was revealed later after the main trailers. We could get another scenario here. Ridley’s the main one I’m thinking about, since it’s so insanely insulting to his fans. Even if he’s not shown, we’ll finally get our 100% disconfirmation of him when the people play on Pyrosphere. Pray for Ridley, as without him, the evil that is Sal Romano will overtake us all as Sakurai abandons us CIS scum for the casuals and tumblr.
I think you're overreaciting a bit.
Also, why is adding villans so important?

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Smash Bros. needs to appeal to casuals just as much as actual Smash Bros. fans. If Wii Fit Trainer and Mii are the only "casual" characters we get, I don't see the problem.
Casuals don’t care who is playable, and as said, they would praise this no matter what gets in. They've proven their sheep mentality time and time again with Smash with the questionable roster decisions. One was pushing it, two showed this game is entirely for them.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Because Ridley.

I could also add K.Rool and Mewtwo I guess, but the 'villain' thing has mostly been used by Ridley fans.

Also, there's too many lightweight newcomers.

Laniv

Smash Champion
There are far less playable villains in Smash as a whole compared to the heroes. So far, we've had Bowser, Ganondorf, Wolf, and just barely Wario and Mewtwo. (Meta Knight and King Dedede aren't really considered villains anymore.) Considering how many franchises Nintendo has under its belt, those franchises are bound to have such popular villains like King K. Rool and a certain polarizing purple space dragon.

Also, the game has been stated to be a celebration of Nintendo and that would include all its characters, both heroes and villains.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
There are far less playable villains in Smash as a whole compared to the heroes. So far, we've had Bowser, Ganondorf, Wolf, and just barely Wario and Mewtwo. (Meta Knight and King Dedede aren't really considered villains anymore.) Considering how many franchises Nintendo has under its belt, those franchises are bound to have such popular villains like King K. Rool and a certain polarizing purple space dragon.

Also, the game has been stated to be a celebration of Nintendo and that would include all its characters, both heroes and villains.
Not to mention that we play as the heroes enough in the mainline games. Smash Bros. finally gives Bowser a shot at beating Mario or Dedede clobbering dat dere Kirby.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
You're in luck guys!

In the Trophy section, I didn't see any K. Rool trophy. Y'know, the section with a herd of trophies. AND there's a DK barrel. I figure this is applicable to all chracter threads ... except Tails and ... Thwomp lol

EDIT: Here's a pic

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Eh... Tone down the hurt guys, we still have a lot of time until release.

The games are releasing in October. They must have characters to drag it out till then.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Because, especially with the villains in question this time around, they add a boatload of diversity to a roster plagued with milquetoast good guy humanoid lightweights.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Because, especially with the villains in question this time around, they add a boatload of diversity to a roster plagued with milquetoast good guy humanoid lightweights.
Plus, it represents the characters that drive the conflict in their origin games.

Without villains, we'd not have heroes in Smash.

Y'feel me, fellas?

Last edited:

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Heh, knew Palutena was coming... Sakurai's boner for that franchise can be seen from across the world. It was just too obvious after the last Direct as well. I like her though, and think she's a good addition.

Miis though, are something I really didn't want to see, and can live without in ANY Nintendo game.

As for King K. Rool; no news is still good news; kind of what I expected overall.

EDIT: Also, so much for a summer release for the 3DS version, lol.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Not to mention an absurd lack of heavy weights. No villain, no heavy weight, K. Rool or Ridley would have been perfect to diversify the roster quite a bit, but alas it's looking unlikely.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Not really the word I'd have used, but it works well enough.

EDIT: Super-ninja'd.
On the contrary, I think it works pretty well. Villager isn't really a fighter, and hasn't got much of a canon personality (though I do think he earned his spot). The same can be said of Miis and WFT. And even though I love Mega Man, he doesn't really have much in the personality department beyond being heroic and having an aversion to violence.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
so, since this whole thread is off topic; is there more smash info being released today, other than the tournament?

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
You're the second person who commented on it today.

Let me reiterate that if we see nothing of K. Rool, it doesn't necessarily deconfirm him.
I see. Well it's still kinda bizarre that there is little to NO DK content besides DK and Diddy.

Top Bottom