• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
So if we end up with King K. Annon Fodder, we'll never know why he was passed over. Lovely.
Not at this Q&A session, at least. If that came to pass, our best bet would be seeking out people who are going to interview Sakurai, like the guy who asked about tripping after last E3, and bombard him on Twitter demanding answers, and even that's quite a longshot.

One thing I talked to @Gnarleysquid in his thread (he's attending the Q&A) was to ask Sakurai "whether he decides characters on the basis of who has appeared in new releases vs. who has unique moveset possibilities to offer." Fingers crossed we'll get an answer on that front, although considering he has a big list of questions, that's not a lock either.

Kaptain K. Roolenstein

Smash Apprentice
Oh boy, a big day is upon us. As someone who believes that K. Rool would likely be a hidden character, I can't think of a bigger or better opening than E3. If K. Rool doesn't show up, it doesn't mean that he's deconfirmed unless someone straight up said it. It's been a long time since the Kremlings were revealed since that April Direct and to this day I still believe that those Kremlings (and the coincidental re-release of the Donkey Kong Land games) are a strong push for our King.

Groose

Smash Champion
Groose's Speech at E3 2014
Hold your ground! Hold your ground!

Fans of K. Rool, of Ridley, my brothers!

I see in your posts the same fear that would cause doubt in me.

A day may come when a villain is deconfirmed,

when we forsake the forums

and cancel our pre-orders in rage,

but that is not this day!

An hour of trolls and salty tears,

when the servers of Smashboards come crashing down,

but it is not this day!

This day we cheer!

By all in this new game that you hold dear,

I bid you stand, Fans of the Best!

Crendog

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0318-7435-8104
King K roll would be great for smash! He's a big burly character who could some serious damage like bowser, and Nintendo clearly wants to revive the Donkey Kong Franchise with country returns so why not do it though smash.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I have very little hope for K.Rool being announced tomorrow unless the entire roster is shown. I know this has been stated on the board already, but it is fact. He would almost definitely be a locked character, and if they are not revealed, he will not be unveiled. The question remains, will they all be unveiled tomorrow? Or in the future, since they inevitably get leaked anyway? Quite possibly. Especially if the roster size is in fact not much larger than Brawls.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I have very little hope for K.Rool being announced tomorrow unless the entire roster is shown. I know this has been stated on the board already, but it is fact. He would almost definitely be a locked character, and if they are not revealed, he will not be unveiled. The question remains, will they all be unveiled tomorrow? Or in the future, since they inevitably get leaked anyway? Quite possibly. Especially if the roster size is in fact not much larger than Brawls.
It all depends on if they decide to perhaps do an all-out villain trailer. I'd love a villain trailer personally. If they have individual trailers per newcomer (even if there is one massive villain trailer I think all newcomers will have their own separate trailer anyway), the likelihood is that K. Rool wouldn't be shown off until later. Ridley needs to be shown off at E3 in some form, as much as I'd like a confirmation of K. Rool. We'll see, though.

EDIT: In all honesty, there's numerous characters I'd like confirmed at E3 over K. Rool. I think K. Rool has a decent chance regardless of whether he's at E3 or not. Ridley needs to be shown at E3 if he's playable for sure. I'd also like Isaac to be shown off, although that's questionable. Really, any "new IP" character I'd ideally like to be shown off at E3.

K. Rool is a bit low on my priority list, especially since there's nothing against his inclusion at all.

Last edited:

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Who knows? The final countdown has started and dreams could be achieved or crushed. I've got my wishlist and K.Rool and Dixie are on it.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Who knows? The final countdown has started and dreams could be achieved or crushed. I've got my wishlist and K.Rool and Dixie are on it.
Lol, agreed. Ideally I'd like both Dixie and K. Rool. May be a bit unlikely, but if we get them, we've rounded off the DK cast with all the main characters.

Not sure if we'll get Gangplank Galleon. We could also get, like, The Flying Krock or Kastle Kaos. Gangplank Galleon would be my preference, though.

Zynux

Smash Lord
I agree with the notion that we should not settle with Boss K. Rool.

While I learned my lesson last time about even getting slightly hyped, definitely hope for playable K. Rool but also be on the look out for mass deconfirm or boss character montage. Anything can happen at this event.

Good luck to the Mad Crocodile!

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Hard to believe that in less than 10 hours, the hopes and dreams of nearly two years could either be fulfilled or dashed. This'll probably be my last post until after the direct, so I'll say this much. You guys are great. As corny as this all sounds, I've really enjoyed the (brief compared to some of you) time I've spent in this thread, discussing whatever pertaining to K. Rool. Makes me proud to be a kutthroat.

I have to give some special kredit to our own King Kupa as well. Your passion for the character is real, and truly admirable. It also helps that you and I seem to be birds of a feather when it comes to newcomer criteria.

I can't entirely say that I expect to see the return of our king during whatever Smash Bros. coverage there is, but the Mega miracle I experienced last year has shown me nothing is impossible. Let's all hope that in less than 10 hours, K. Rool's Finest Hour becomes the official anthem of this thread.

Until next time.

Last edited:

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
Lol, agreed. Ideally I'd like both Dixie and K. Rool. May be a bit unlikely, but if we get them, we've rounded off the DK cast with all the main characters.

Not sure if we'll get Gangplank Galleon. We could also get, like, The Flying Krock or Kastle Kaos. Gangplank Galleon would be my preference, though.
The great thing about Gangplank Galleon is while it was stationary in the original games it doesn't have to be in Smash Bros.
It could be the new Pirate Ship. We may get a Snowmad cameo or two.

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
I support K Rool too! Add me to the list, please. This will be a great day for our King! (hopefully)

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
About as good/bad as K. Rool's odds. Gangplank Galleon is a rather blatant indicator that K. Rool is in.
I agree. I think there's an outside chance of there being like a second of footage of characters fighting on the Galleon during gameplay footage. There would be no visual indicator that it is the Galleon, so people wouldn't be outright expecting K. Rool, and some might even be like "Oh, it's just a generic Pirate Ship, it's probably a new Smash original stage, a new Final Destination!"

3 hours to go!

M&Mavocado

Smash Cadet
Been lurking around here far too long. Well, E3 is soon upon us, and there is no newcomer I'd rather see revealed than King K. Rool. Come on, Sakurai, don't fail us now!

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I know I've played this here a dozen times before, but there couldn't be a better moment for it then now.

BE PREPARED FOR OUR KING!

starwarsfan541

Smash Rookie

So this got posted right before midnight local time last night. Anyone think a new 3D DK game is being announced today?

Weeman

Smash Crusader

So this got posted right before midnight local time last night. Anyone think a new 3D DK game is being announced today?
I think that might be getting your hopes up a little bit, i mean he's just a fan of videogames in general. If anything maybe "A hat in time"?

starwarsfan541

Smash Rookie
I think that might be getting your hopes up a little bit, i mean he's just a fan of videogames in general. If anything maybe "A hat in time"?
Possible, I am bit too hyped, anyways thought it was interesting he didnt say anything about monday if he is just a fan in general

Then again I tend to read to much into things less than 3 hours to go

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
If I recall correctly, I think he did the original voice work for Donkey Kong and also composed some of the music. I think most of his work on the franchise was DK64 and Donkey Kong Country 2, but I could be wrong.
Kirkhope didn't work on DKC2. DK64 is the only Donkey Kong game he composed the music for.

lilt

Smash Journeyman
Groose's Speech at E3 2014
Hold your ground! Hold your ground!

Fans of K. Rool, of Ridley, my brothers!

I see in your posts the same fear that would cause doubt in me.

A day may come when a villain is deconfirmed,

when we forsake the forums

and cancel our pre-orders in rage,

but that is not this day!

An hour of trolls and salty tears,

when the servers of Smashboards come crashing down,

but it is not this day!

This day we cheer!

By all in this new game that you hold dear,

I bid you stand, Fans of the Best!

Now that's funny. Yesterday I wanted to make a video with Aragorn's speech in german, underlined with text regarding Ridley's reveal at E3. Two guys one similar idea. But it would be hit too hard, with that massive hype generated, if he will be confirmed to be a boss. So I decided to not do it. :p

Last edited:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
That was literally the best Final Smash idea since my idea (from literally 2007) that each character should have two final smash (one transformation, one super attack), the former of which there would be a game mode where you could battle different transformation characters (ie: Giga Bowser vs. a Landmaster Tank vs. Super Sonic vs. Gyro ROB). No really, that's amazing, and EASILY the best Final Smash move idea I've heard since Brawl was released.

Also, MY HYPE FOR K. ROOL IS SO FREAKING REAL ROOL NOW!!!

Just imagine my Kings, Pirates, Doctors/Scientists, Boxers, and well... various kritters, kremlings, krazies, and kutthroats, WE MAY SOON GET OUR OWN FORUM SOON TO CELEBRATE THIS GREAT MOMENT IN HISTORY!!!

I AM JOHNKNIGHT1,
AND I SEE A WHOLE ARMY OF MY DONKEY KONG COUNTRYMEN...
...here in defiance of K. Rool haters!!!
You have come to become K. Rool supporters...
...and K. Rool supporters you are!!!
What will you do without K. Rool in Smash (again)=???
Will you be vocal=???
Be vocal of your support, and you might be trolled!!!
Be silent, and you'll be troll-free...
...for at least a while.
And hearing the K. Rool haters many years from now,
would you be willing to trade ALL THE DAYS from this day to that (day) for ONE CHANCE
JUST ONE CHANCE
TO COME BACK HERE
AND TELL OUR ENEMIES
THAT THEY MAY HATE ON US,
BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR LOVE OF K. ROOL!!!

Be here for the GLORIOUS DAY K. Rool will be revealed in Smash at least
Because TRUST ME Friend, Kutthroats, and all of Kremling kind,
IT WILL BE A GLORIOUS DAY!!!

Join the K. Rool Kutthroats TODAY
WEAR YOUR KOLORS PROUDLY NOW
AND JOIN IN THE CELEBRATION VERY SOON!!!
Quoting this for relevant reasons, which I made for E3 2013.

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
No confirmation, but no evidence that showed he won't be in the game. Still a victory for K Rool! :estatic:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Honestly, we're one step closer to disproving Gematsu... People are going to argue against that notion... but Pac-Man WASN'T shown in the most prime opportunity to show him. We'll have to wait and see. I didn't expect K. Rool anyway. So, yeah, here's hoping. (And if Gematsu is legit, there's post-release characters going to be available as DLC.)

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Well that was disappointing. Two characters I didn't want. On the bright side, nothing against Rool yet. But let's wait until the tournament before feeling relieved.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well that was disappointing. Two characters I didn't want. On the bright side, nothing against Rool yet. But let's wait until the tournament before feeling relieved.
I don't mind Palutena at all. I could care less about Mii, but it should be noted that Mii Fighter's are basically just clones of existing characters.

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
I don't mind Palutena at all. I could care less about Mii, but it should be noted that Mii Fighter's are basically just clones of existing characters.
ikr, Samus, Little Mac and Link/Toon Link/Marth. I don't really care, but I'm not pleased with their inclusion either. Heck, I don't even like Miis in first place.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
They aren't full clones I think, but still similar to excisting characters.

To me, Brawler = Captain Falcon + Little Mac (maybe based on Ganondorf's cloney moveset?)
Swordfighter looks most like Ike, but simplified a lot. Actually... Swordfighter looks like a sort of Marth / Ike mix, as we expected Chrom to become.
Gunner is Anthony Higgs.

Top Bottom