• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Groose

Smash Champion
I think the only characters who are really do-or-die for E3 are the third party newcomers. Every other character has a case to be made for why they could be unlockable. Not Pac-Man, though...that sort of characters would be paraded around for as many eyes to see as possible if they were in. Even Snake, while almost certainly dead if not at E3, could feasibly be shown in a Direct like Sonic was.
Depending on the launch dates, I wouldn't be so sure. If this turns into a late-August game like I fear, there could be a Smash focused Direct that month; a heavy hitter (third-party or popular first-party) would make sense then.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Hey, I just thought of something, have you guys ever considered that maybe K. Rool could be both a boss and a playable character? after all, Bowser was the final character in adventure mode in super smash bros. melee except he was a little bigger than his playable counterpart due to his boss role I think.

D

Deleted member

Hey, I just thought of something, have you guys ever considered that maybe K. Rool could be both a boss and a playable character? after all, Bowser was the final character in adventure mode in super smash bros. melee except he was a little bigger than his playable counterpart due to his boss role I think.
Depends on how they handle King K. Rool. Bowser, in a way, made sense as a final boss (albeit a little bigger) due to his iconic status. However, I doubt that we will see Giga King K. Rool.
I don't even see King K. Rool working as a boss similar in vain to Brawl's bosses or like the Yellow Devil in this game.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Depends on how they handle King K. Rool. Bowser, in a way, made sense as a final boss (albeit a little bigger) due to his iconic status. However, I doubt that we will see Giga King K. Rool.
I don't even see King K. Rool working as a boss similar in vain to Brawl's bosses or like the Yellow Devil in this game.
You only fought Giga Bowser though if you played the mode on normal or harder. They don't need to me a Giga version of K. Rool also but just have him be a slightly bigger version as well but still be tough to beat. Master Hand isn't really that iconic though in the Kirby games and yet he's managed to make it as a boss in almost every ssb game, at least in the classic mode anyway. I'd rather have K. Rool playable though.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
You only fought Giga Bowser though if you played the mode on normal or harder. They don't need to me a Giga version of K. Rool also but just have him be a slightly bigger version as well but still be tough to beat. Master Hand isn't really that iconic though in the Kirby games and yet he's managed to make it as a boss in almost every ssb game, at least in the classic mode anyway. I'd rather have K. Rool playable though.
You do know that Master Hand is a Smash character that made a cameo in the Kirby series, right?

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Bowser wasn't really a "boss fight" though, at least in the same vein as Master Hand and all the bosses in Brawl. He was just a slightly powered-up regular fighter, much like the metal/giant battles.

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Hard to believe that in two weeks, this very thread, which is almost two years old could be moved into K. Rool's sub-board.

Still, as we approach E3, I really don't know what to think. DK and Diddy have both been revealed. The demand and situation for a DK newcomer are as hot as ever. Kritters in Smash Run. No new villains or heavyweights yet. All the pieces seem to be falling into place, and I see no reason to not get hyped. Yet the ever-present possibility that we'll see nothing relating to the DKC series representation at all is eating away at me.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
The main thing to remember is that K. Rool is still one of those characters that's in the air.

Which is more of a benefit then a hindrance at this point.

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
Sakurai has to be aware of K. Rool, he has to. He was aware of him during Brawl (good lord, he made -Bowser- steal DK's banana hoard as a homage even though it had absolutely no relevance to the SSE's plot) and he has to know he's popular. It's going to happen. I can feel it.

Korporal K. Reep

Smash Apprentice
With the mention of Giga King K. Rool, a horrible realization just hit me; K. Rool would be pretty fitting as a boss in his giant transformation state after consuming a Crystal Banana. Giant sweeping hit-boxes and all...
[collapse=Please no.]

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
I'll be honest here, the only reason I'm even excited for E3 at all is for the 90-minute Smash presentation. I want to see our King more than ever, and I feel E3 is THE place to reveal him. But then again, Sakurai could pull a Brawl and reveal him after release...

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Here's how I see it. If K. Rool is in the game, he'll either be shown at E3, or be unlockable. The first two characters revealed during the initial trailer last year were Villager and Mega Man, who were both popular choices. At this point, there really isn't a more popular newcomer pick than K. Rool (Other than maybe Ridley, but his fate is not looking good) and I think he would be an excellent way to drum up hype the same way Mega Man was.

fill

20EggsEggs
Hard to believe that in two weeks, this very thread, which is almost two years old could be moved into K. Rool's sub-board.

Still, as we approach E3, I really don't know what to think. DK and Diddy have both been revealed. The demand and situation for a DK newcomer are as hot as ever. Kritters in Smash Run. No new villains or heavyweights yet. All the pieces seem to be falling into place, and I see no reason to not get hyped. Yet the ever-present possibility that we'll see nothing relating to the DKC series representation at all is eating away at me.
I think because diddy and dk have already been revealed and no new dk stage means we are getting something new from the DK series. I think they will show both at the same time, new DK stage and DK rep, hopefully its KRool

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Here's how I see it. If K. Rool is in the game, he'll either be shown at E3, or be unlockable. The first two characters revealed during the initial trailer last year were Villager and Mega Man, who were both popular choices. At this point, there really isn't a more popular newcomer pick than K. Rool (Other than maybe Ridley, but his fate is not looking good) and I think he would be an excellent way to drum up hype the same way Mega Man was.
Palutena, Pac-Man, Takamaru, Shulk, and Miis could all be revealed in his place.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
An enemy of Donkey Kong's past?

image.jpg

Stanley Confirmed?

Also, @ BKupa666 BKupa666
An Original Character?
Collection of Common Counterpoints?
K. Rool Compendium?
Closing Word?
320 Kutthroats and Counting?

What are these imaginary letters!?!?!

These must be changed to Ks immediately!

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
I actually may as well say that I don't like the thread title while I'm here - it almost seems like bad luck.
I agree completely. This title fills me with dread. I suggest changing it to something a bit less... tense. I remember the day of the Direct, RIdley's thread was called "Another Day Not in the Pyrosphere," and that one backfired, too.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
"Arrr, if our Kap'n ain't in this here ssb game, it'll be walk the plank for every skallywag who decided to have him out!"

Louie G.

Smash Hero
My prediction is that K. Rool is revealed at E3 in the Direct.

This is also my hope, so I can experience my most wanted newcomer revealed LIVE.

Less than two weeks away. I can hardly stand it anymore.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I'll be playing all sorts of music versions of Gangplank Galleon on youtube as well as watch his ssb video a bazillion times all day if and when he's confirmed to be in it.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I'll be playing all sorts of music versions of Gangplank Galleon on youtube as well as watch his ssb video a bazillion times all day if and when he's confirmed to be in it.
I play the Gangplank Galleon theme on my ocarina on a regular basis. I'm hoping it'll somehow increase K. Rool's chances.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I decided that a great way to reveal K. Rool would be to feature him in a sort of "villain trailer".

K. Rool is the star of the show, of course. It starts out with DK and Diddy on Gangplank Galleon with the iconic track playing in the background, as lightning flashes from above. They look up to see Kannonballs falling from the sky, and when the Gangplank Galleon guitar riff hits, K. Rool jumps from the sky.

The gameplay shows off K. Rool's moves, and farther in features him in shots next to the other Smash villains, in a similar style to Greninja in his trailer (only that was with Pokemon of course). Maybe K. Rool will be revealed at the end of the Direct, with villain/antihero reveals leading up to it (Wolf, Mewtwo, Meta Knight, Ridley?).

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I'm not sure, but they've gotten to you as well:
GAH!!!
I'm going insane!
Lock me away! (Note that the letter in between the O and K in Lock is a completely valid letter. It's just another way to write lowercase K).

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I decided that a great way to reveal K. Rool would be to feature him in a sort of "villain trailer".

K. Rool is the star of the show, of course. It starts out with DK and Diddy on Gangplank Galleon with the iconic track playing in the background, as lightning flashes from above. They look up to see Kannonballs falling from the sky, and when the Gangplank Galleon guitar riff hits, K. Rool jumps from the sky.

The gameplay shows off K. Rool's moves, and farther in features him in shots next to the other Smash villains, in a similar style to Greninja in his trailer (only that was with Pokemon of course). Maybe K. Rool will be revealed at the end of the Direct, with villain/antihero reveals leading up to it (Wolf, Mewtwo, Meta Knight, Ridley?).
Sounds awesome.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
I would love to see his reveal feature Bowser, Dedede and Ganondorf (we know its inevitable) fighting together on the Galleon Gangplank when you see GD hot off camera. Bowser and DDD stop and look at each other as DDD is than sent off the screen. Bowser turns around and hears the laugh of the King, while the camera zooms in and shows "K Rool joins the Kompetition." As it shows it shows him owning the heavyweights with all his might.

I need my king, in Rool I trust!

Mega Hawlucha

Smash Apprentice
Totally dreamt up the best reveal trailer ever. A sweeping reveal of a bunch of villains arrive on the Halberd (Bowser, Meta Knight, Wolf, Wario, Ganondorf) and Mario and crew start fighting them on deck and eventually start to win before a shot from K. Rool's blunderbuss reveals the Big Three (Ridley, K. Rool and Mewtwo). Then one splash screen to cover them all then the gameplay trailer begins.
Unrealistic, yes. But damn was it awesome.

Handy Man

Smash Ace
Totally dreamt up the best reveal trailer ever. A sweeping reveal of a bunch of villains arrive on the Halberd (Bowser, Meta Knight, Wolf, Wario, Ganondorf) and Mario and crew start fighting them on deck and eventually start to win before a shot from K. Rool's blunderbuss reveals the Big Three (Ridley, K. Rool and Mewtwo). Then one splash screen to cover them all then the gameplay trailer begins.
I had a dream about K. Rool a week ago myself, complete with a reveal trailer.

The trailer went something like this; Mega Charizard X was flying around, andthen he notices a giant Pirate Ship. He takes notice that canons are aiming towards him, and then he flies towards the ship. The canons fired canonballs and blasts of water, which Mega Charizard X manages to dodge all of them. He then lands on the ship with a big thud, poking a hole into the ship, and then he looks ahead. He notices none other than King K. Rool, who is in a form much like Mega Charizard X (I have no idea why that is). He then spins his cannon gun, and fires it at Mega Charizard X, knocking him into a star KO. King K. Rool does a short evil laugh, then it cuts to gameplay. His moves consisted of his canon gun (Foward Smash), throwing his crown like a boomerang (Side Special), and "Fake Credits" (Final Smash), where the credits squash anyone who is underneath them. It also showed that Gang-Plank Gallon was a stage. After the gameplay, it showed one last scene where Mega King K. Rool X, still on his pirate ship, was looking into his telescope. He notices Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong playing around on DK Island. Mega King K. Rool X starts chuckling, and then it fades out.

Then I looked on the website when I woke up for real that day, and then I saw this. I was so disappointed.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I can just see it now.

Donkey Kong, Samus, and Pikachu are cautiously walking alongside the bottom of a cliff, when suddenly a cannonball, plasma blast, and shadow ball all head towards them. They just barely dodge their respective projectiles and look up to the clifftop. We see K. Rool nonchalantly tapping the blunderbuss on his shoulder, Ridley grinning menacingly with his wings wide open, and Mewtwo hovering above ground with a nasty glare in his eyes.

Boom. Most bad*** reveal. Ever.

Mega Hawlucha

Smash Apprentice
I can just see it now.

Donkey Kong, Samus, and Pikachu are cautiously walking alongside the bottom of a cliff, when suddenly a cannonball, plasma blast, and shadow ball all head towards them. They just barely dodge their respective projectiles and look up to the clifftop. We see K. Rool nonchalantly tapping the blunderbuss on his shoulder, Ridley grinning menacingly with his wings wide open, and Mewtwo hovering above ground with a nasty glare in his eyes.

Boom. Most bad*** reveal. Ever.
This is all I want from E3 now. We don't need no stage reveals or release date. Give me that and I will be hyped until the end of time.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
I think you're all setting yourselves up for disappointment regarding E3. Revealing K. Rool would make sense at the event, considering how immensely popular he is. Do you see the issue there? It makes sense. Since when have they revealed things logically? They revealed Villager and WTF WFT last E3, granted they dropped a bombshell with Megaman, but he was the most popular newcomer candidate at the time (if my terrible memory serves correctly). I hope I'm horribly wrong and we see K. Rool be revealed and we can throw a hedonistic party that would make the ancient Greeks blush, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Top Bottom