• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Junior Year at High School

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Link to original post: [drupal=2359]Junior Year at High School[/drupal]

People have told me that Junior year would be my worst and I didn't believe them. I was wrong. It's been two days and it's already a pain. For one, all of my teachers already told me I'd have to do a ****load of essays to prep for the SAT's. On top of that, hardly any friends are in my classes. Most of my friends are not in my lunch. (A few were, but I couldn't find them so I had to sit with some guy I knew) The good part is that I have some cool teachers. My Latin teacher is pretty cool. Don't get me wrong, she's a nutter, but she's not the kind of teacher that would make us write a bunch of 5 paragraph essays (I shudder at the thought of them). My Trig teacher (I'm ahead one year in math, so I'm ahead with the seniors, which means that this class won't be that bad) is a funny dude. My English teacher is actually very funny. She can't be more than 30 so she acts just like us except she's more mature. Also, she thought I was high on acid because I told her the lines were squiggling on the smartboard in a powerpoint she had up with her syllabus. I wasn't lying, they were there! Then I have principles of engineering. He showed us some projects they did with previous classes and it was amazing. His older classes made scale working models of rides from Dorney Park. They made Talon, the Scrambler, and Dominator. It was hot. Er, then I have World Studies. Eh, I don't think I'm gonna like it. The only upside is that the teacher is sort of attractive, so I guess it's better than having an old bag lecture. LUNCH. Last lunch period and most of my friends are seniors and seniors (I'm saying seniors in a prolonged sarcastic voice) get to sit in the senior section in the senior patio past the senior doors. Only seniors can gain access to this senior area and since i'm a junior (again, the voice), I can't get into the senior section. Also, there are too many freshman. Then I have Phys. Ed/Chem depending on the day. Phys. Ed is always fun, but Chemistry is L;AHDSL;FHADS;LFHA. The teacher is like 50, but she looks 60. She has no sense of humor and gave us homework on the first day. And I'm taking the regular level class! She told us that "Chemistry is Chemistry and it's no easier taking it in CP than it is taking it in honors.". -_- If I knew she'd make it as hard as an honors class, I would've taken honors for the GPA boost.

So that's my speal, what's all y'alls?

Watcha got against freshies, eh?:mad:

Jumpman, I'm 83% sure you are high on acid.

Also, I'm having bad first two days too. They drag on FOREVER

Senior year is the worst year.

Not only do you have school work on top of you, but you have college work too, which is A LOT of work. Not only that, but you have the stress of collecting funds for graduation, prom, senior trips, fund raisers, blah, and more blahs....

And the worst part is "Senioritis". That's when you start getting lazy because it's already the end of your high school life. Junior year is the start of all the stress, but senior year is the pinnacle of frustration.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Not only do you have school work on top of you, but you have college work too, which is A LOT of work. Not only that, but you have the stress of collecting funds for graduation, prom, senior trips, fund raisers, blah, and more blahs....
This. . . . this so much.
I really don't understand people who say "High school is the best years of your life"
I don't think they remember high school all to well.

Mewter

Smash Master
Watcha got against freshies, eh?:mad:

Jumpman, I'm 83% sure you are high on acid.

Also, I'm having bad first two days too. They drag on FOREVER
Actually, that only lasts for the first week or so.
Second week is a breeze.
Third week is super fast.
Fourth is when your memories all mesh together...
So on and so forth.

That stinks, GwJ.

Smash Journeyman
If you hate highschool then you are antisocial, self centered, friendless loser, a kid who gets bullied, an anti-chick-magnet, and probably in the robotics club furthering your bad reputation.

so far this is how my highschool career is,

Freshmen year=12 and 6 on JV basketball automatic reputation, tons of classes to goof off in like spanish or computers class, homecoming dance just grab a girl and dance with her that easy even if its an upper classmen, a couple of parties.

sophmore year= probably going to be more of same but better since im going to have a car for the second semester.

highschool kicks arse nerds

getalife/no offense

edit: by the way this years school days are an hour longer with an extra period and its still the same. stop crying about classes and have fun.

Mewter

Smash Master
If you hate highschool then you are antisocial, self centered, friendless loser, a kid who gets bullied, an anti-chick-magnet, and probably in the robotics club furthering your bad reputation.

Freshmen year=12 and 6 on JV basketball automatic reputation, tons of classes to goof off in like spanish or computers class, homecoming dance just grab a girl and dance with her that easy even if its an upper classmen, a couple of parties with beer and weed very fun.

sophmore year= probably going to be more of same but better since im going to have a car for the second semester.

getalife/no offense

edit: by the way this years school days are an hour longer with an extra period and its still the same. stop crying about classes and have fun.
Fun is all and well, but you still need to get loads of work done, too, no?

Smash Journeyman
1st period/english 2 HON=read a story a day, take notes on it, take a test, no homework.

2nd period/Drivers Ed.=its drivers ed, its a joke class

3rd period/Spanish 3 HON=its spanish, the teacher is spanish, you can easily cheat your way through and it wont matter because you dont need to know spanish. (and i live in a heavily hispanic city and english is all you need. that city being tampa.)

4th period/chemistry HON= same thing as english but instead of stories you do labs, which are fun when you goof off lol.

5th/P.E.=ima beast at sports this class is in the bag

6th period/world history HON= the teacher is really laid back so its an easy class

7th period/Algebra 2 HON=math is my best subject and teacher actually teaches the work to you so its easy. not a lot of homework.

Only bad thing about that schedule is that my I have no classes with my girlfriend and we have different lunches so we only see eachother after school.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Senior year is worse only if you're an AP student. I was in AP classes but decided not to take AP exams, but I can imagine they're a pain in the *** at the end of the year, especially if you get Senioritis.

Freshmen year=12 and 6 on JV basketball automatic reputation, tons of classes to goof off in like spanish or computers class, homecoming dance just grab a girl and dance with her that easy even if its an upper classmen, a couple of parties.

getalife/no offense

I'm shooting for an advanced diploma and the highest level of diploma offered in my school's specialty program. No time for petty luxuries like that.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
2001. You're a freshman, you don't know how high school is yet. Come back and say the same thing by the end of sophomore year.

mzink*

Smash Ace
And the worst part is "Senioritis". That's when you start getting lazy because it's already the end of your high school life.
Our class was very well known for this. We were considered pretty much a disgrace and the worst motivated of all the graduating classes. Most just stopped doing assignments, some stopped coming altogether except on test days, and some simply dropped out. A couple were even asked to leave the school. The teachers were not fond of us.

Smash Journeyman
Actually I'm already a sophmore and I just layed out my entire schedule which as you can see is not very stressful.

By the way star turds I already have half of the florida state gold seal completed which pays for your entire college tuition if you complete it 100% and i have a 4.0 gpa without have taking any AP classes yet.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Actually I'm already a sophmore and I just layed out my entire schedule which as you can see is not very stressful.

By the way star turds I already have half of the florida state gold seal completed which pays for your entire college tuition if you complete it 100% and i have a 4.0 gpa without have taking any AP classes yet.
You should be glad I've forbidden people from saying stuff like "cool story, bro".

Smash Journeyman
Well you would know the definition of cool since you are a moderator of a videogame forum.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
First off, I don't know anything about robotics, or anything engineering related. Stereotypes are class and social racism.
Secondly, I was not antisocial, I had plenty of friends. Though after high school I made an effort to disband talking with the majority of them.
As for the antichick magnant, this is not true also.

The trouble with high school is
1. being stuck around angsty hormone driven teenagers who believe they are mature.
2. having not only to deal with the authority that those outside of highschool have to deal with, but having to deal with teachers, principles, and the staff and having to meet their expectations ontop of what a person out of school has to deal with.
3. The social pressures in high school are huge, much more than what I have seen out side of high school. You must conform to something in high school. Other than the law, I see little to conform with outside of the law
4. the constant and illogical pressure to decide what you want to do for the rest of your life within 2 years, and spend the other 2 years working to go immediately into college, both of which are pretty foolish.

This is the trouble with high school.
The adults I find that speak so highly of high school are the same type to listen to the exact same music for the rest of their life, and generally wish way to highly for their youth.

Smash Journeyman
First off, I don't know anything about robotics, or anything engineering related. Stereotypes are class and social racism.
Secondly, I was not antisocial, I had plenty of friends. Though after high school I made an effort to disband talking with the majority of them.
As for the antichick magnant, this is not true also.

The trouble with high school is
1. being stuck around angsty hormone driven teenagersLOL who believe they are mature.
2. having not only to deal with the authority that those outside of highschool have to deal withYOU MUST BE A REBEL!, but having to deal with teachers, principles, and the staff and having to meet their expectations ontop of what a person out of school has to deal with.
3. The social pressures in high school are huge, much more than what I have seen out side of high school. You must conform to something in high school. Other than the law, I see little to conform with outside of the lawWHATS WITH ALL THE LAW STUFF ITS HIGHSCHOOL NOT JAIL
4. the constant and illogical pressure to decide what you want to do for the rest of your life within 2 years, and spend the other 2 years working to go immediately into college, both of which are pretty foolish. It does suck having to decide what do with your life! I bet you wish you had had more fun in highschool!

This is the trouble with high school.
The adults I find that speak so highly of high school are the same type to listen to the exact same music for the rest of their life, and generally wish way to highly for their youth.
Wow this is too funny I gotta get out of this topic. See you later chick-magnet.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Well you would know the definition of cool since you are a moderator of a videogame forum.
I am the definition of cool.

I've done the High School nonsense. It's all pretty much a piece of cake. Education is a piece of cake. College is a joke.

It's only when you get out into the world of real life, paying all different kinds of household bills, then life its tough...

unless you're a millionaire.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
This. . . . this so much.
I really don't understand people who say "High school is the best years of your life"
I don't think they remember high school all to well.
I'm pretty sure it's nostalgia blocking out the bad parts. Normally I'm not a fan of casting nostalgia remarks, but seriously, the fact that I can have any positive nostalgia about my Sophomore year World History class pretty much says that loud and clear.

I was up very late into the night many a night for that class, including being up until 5 in the morning for a 750-point project that he gave us casually at the end of class one day and told us it was due the next day.

So how can I have any positive retrospect of that class?

\(O_o)/ Beats the hell out of me.

And you would know the definition of "cool" considering...

A) You just called Teran uncool.

B) You don't know what "Cool story, bro" means but acted rather cocky in your poor retort to Teran's remark.

First of all, since I KNOW you're misusing the term anti-social as everyone does, let me point out to you that it does NOT mean someone who sits in a corner and doesn't talk to anyone, but someone who is basically a sociopath, and hates people in such a manner that they do violent things.

Second, how are you self-centered for disliking something...? WAIT YOU LIKE SCHOOL YOU'RE SELF-CENTERED KILL YOURSELF OMG.
[/sarcasm]

Third, your opinions obviously have to do with how many friends you have and how many girls you attract.

Finally, bullying and crap like "OMG YOR IN DIS CLUB WUTS UP WIT DAT" is actually a very good reason why people might dislike high school.

OH WOW AWESOME FOR YOU YOU GOT IN JV BASKETBALL?!?!?

Oh wait. That's right...I don't really care.

Nor does that make high school as a whole awesome for everyone in the world ever.

getalife/no offense
Says the guy going on a forum to tell everyone their opinion is wrong and they should feel wrong.

Most people actually don't enjoy tests and homework, but I can see you're an exception to that rule.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer

Oh ho ho! Sorry for stepping on your toes, there, genius. Completely ignoring that Florida has one of the worst educational systems in the country, I might've been impressed! And awwwwwwwwwwww ****! 4.0 GPA without AP classes? Man, I might be impressed, if I didn't have a 4.0 with AP classes (I still have that same 4.0 without all the extra points I get put into my average for the classes being AP).

But man. I wish I lived in Florida. If I could get my college payed by not doing AP classes, then ****. My parents would love that!

Smash Journeyman
Alright guys I dont want to subtract the attention of the original post so you guys can stop spazzing out now lol. The internet is not to be taken seriously everybody should just stop trying to prove they are "cool". Even me.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Internet is serious business is a joke, ok? Discussions are legit, so you don't have to go pulling out "o lol guyz internetz r srs buzniz" every time you don't want to respond. In my opinion, you are a complete *** and will probably proceed to ignore you when I get back from school.

Good day.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
high school is easy
im a senior
just goof off and do the minimum amount of work
if you wanna go to college
go to a community college
if you wanna go to harvard
good luck having fun

school is a joke to me

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
high school is easy
im a senior
just goof off and do the minimum amount of work
if you wanna go to college
go to a community college
if you wanna go to harvard
good luck having fun

school is a joke to me
Good luck getting a degree that most companies will take seriously, then.

Lesse... a person from a Community College with a degree in, say, Pharmaceutics, versus a person with a degree from Texas Tech in Pharmaceutics.

I wonder which person they'll hire out of college... The one from the small, local college, or the one from the decently well-known large university. Community College is good, so long as factors prevented you from going to Universities. However, if you were capable of going to a University, but instead chose to slack off or just flat out go to Community, then you should be ashamed. That'll only make life much, much harder for you.

Browny

Smash Hater

Lesse... a person from a Community College with a degree in, say, Pharmaceutics, versus a person with a degree from Texas Tech in Pharmaceutics.

I wonder which person they'll hire out of college... The one from the small, local college, or the one from the decently well-known large university. Community College is good, so long as factors prevented you from going to Universities. However, if you were capable of going to a University, but instead chose to slack off or just flat out go to Community, then you should be ashamed. That'll only make life much, much harder for you.
*clap clap*

(obviously this is not directed at Skyler) Lets leave all the bad-*** 'im too cool for school' attitudes at the door, and come back in a few years (if ever) when you have a little more substance behind your argument relating to ones ability to succeed.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
All of my college college professors, my step mothers at the University of Tennessee, and my fathers at East Tennessee State University started out in community colleges.
Start at a community college, Universities prefer to except proven students than those straight out of high school, and if you wish to pursue your degree to its highest, its good to cut the cost dramatically.
There is nothing wrong with community colleges. If you believe there are, you are buying into far to much hype.

mzink*

Smash Ace
You guys try not to cut down each others opinions so much. Everybody experiences life differently, high school included. Be open to the experiences of others. What works for one person may not work for another, people find their individual ways to be successful.

Anyways, my high school years varied. Some I hated, some I loved. I am glad for the memories but I don't wish to return to those years. To me things just get better and better as I age and move forward.

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
I never really cared for secondary school, mainly due to a few terrible teachers and a significant minority of the year having 2001's attitude. But meh. It is what it is and you may as well make the most of it.

At least you have no responsibilities :).

P.C. Jona

Smash Master

lol

i dont even need to go to college

to become a cop where i live i just need a highschool diploma
so forget college
its a waste of money
for me anyways

school is stupid
the security gaurds think theyre cops and stuff lol
what a joke
it makes me mad how stupid the schools are getting
you cut class one time your out of the class for the year? lol yea ok
3 years ago it was nothing like that
you could cut class and just chill
go out to eat for lunch
and nothing would happen
but now its just stupid

school is retaaaarded

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
Wow! I'm ahead in Math too! But wow....... What my Junior friends are telling me are actually true......... *Shudders*............... I can't say how to make your life better. I'm a freshman so................ But you should at least try to make friends with new people if none of your old friends are in the same class........ But I hate that highschool for making seniors get all the good stuff............ I AM DONE WITH DISCRIMINATION!!!!!!!!
*Gets angry for a couple of seconds*................ Anyways I think that people need to be a bit less dismissive to freshman...... We are in some ways better than seniors!!!

But good luck with your highschool. I'm sure it'll get better! :bee:

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
Wow! I'm ahead in Math too! But wow....... What my Junior friends are telling me are actually true......... *Shudders*...............
Yeah, I actually go to his high school (multiple competitive smash bros players at one HIGH SCHOOL?! How awesome are we?! lol) and junior year sucked. TBH, there are a lot of easy teachers once you get past the first few weeks. They're big fans of the "Scare-you-out-of-Honors-and-AP-classes-by-overloading-unnecessary-work" tactic.
But I hate that highschool for making seniors get all the good stuff............ I AM DONE WITH DISCRIMINATION!!!!!!!!
lol =P I used to not like it either. I should probably tell you that I'm a senior now... and I like it again =). <3 GwJ.
I think that people need to be a bit less dismissive to freshman...... We are in some ways better than seniors!!!
Impossible. We know how things work around the school. We know how to get away with things. We even know how to hook up with freshman girls, go streaking, and get involved in national scandals involving pictures of both of the above (LOL, true stories). We even have senioritis, which I managed to catch after three hours of the first day of school. I'm just about ready for summer now. /seniorattitude
But good luck with your highschool. I'm sure it'll get better! :bee:
Yea, all kidding aside, it'll get a little better after the first few weeks. You just haven't been introduced to the finer points of junior year yet, a.k.a., being able to drive. :chuckle:

TKD+ITA+Mar=

Smash Ace
Trigonometry is one year ahead for your school?

Let's see for Junior Year I am taking:

AP United States History
AP English Language and Composition
AP Music Theory
Spanish 5-6
AP Biology
and I am taking fast paced University Math Courses from Stanford. This year (solar year) I plan on completing: Linear Algebra, Differential Equations, Real Analysis, Complex Analysis, and Partial Differential Equations. [I already took Differential and Integral Multivariable Calculus over the summer.]

Yeah, it's going to be hell, and my body already feels like it is breaking down on the cellular level. To think I was able to exercise four hours a day over summer. *sigh*

When I typed this in the first time and pressed send, Smashboards said my post was too short, and then I had to type it all over again. >_>

camden

Smash Apprentice
Well, I'm in Grade 11 now. I didn't want to take any courses too difficult, because sometimes I find the work really hard to do, so I stuck with standard courses. I'm not gonna go off saying that my classes are easy, or anything like that. I know how important high school is, but for me, it just feels like another 3 years of school. 3 more years of goofing off with friends. 3 more years of doing extremely repetitive work, and 3 more years of my life I'm not going to remember by the time I'm 30, unless I do something really epic Smash-wise.

I've been thinking about what I want to do after high school. Most of my friends already know what they want to do, and they've alotted the next decade of their life in order to achieve that goal, whether it be to become a robotic engineer, a physicist, and so on. I've considered going to King's College University for a Journalism Degree, or a Theatre Major from Dalhousie University, but at this point, I still feel like some kid who's just doing his work to get to summer and rejoice for 2 months. I have a lot ahead of me.

Oh boi.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
11th grade is hard, but Senior year so far for me is a breeze. So work your *** off and stuff will be okay.

My junior year I took AP English and thats it, I didn't wanna overwhelm myself since I knew I had several important things to do. I managed to pass Chemistry (miracle because I hate labs A LOT, even though I got 90-100 on all the tests for the most part >_>) and the regents, and do well in trig but meh on the regents. There was a lot of Geometry on the math regents last year and I couldn't remember that stuff from freaking 10th grade. I managed to get an 1830 on my SAT, first try no prep :D So now my Senior year I only have to worry about continuing to get good grades and leaving HS with as much College Credits as possible.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
Junior year SUCKED. But its all worth it for senior year. Look at me:
1st hr: sit around on computers, do a couple web programming assignments. Easy A.
2nd hr: same eact thing, except its webpage design. I'm posting this from there. Easy A.
3rd hr: English, can't get out of that
4th hr: I've literally sat around at least 3 days this year already and have done nothing. And its with like, 10 friends. Nothing could be greater.
5th-6th hour: Two hour construction class. You know what I did yesterday? Made three cuts, and slept for about an hour and a half

On top of all of that, we get to drive to school, and I have TWO lunches.

I love senior year.

Tennet

Smash Champion
i got
AP Physics (pretty much b)
AP English
stupid class i don't need that's super easy
awesome class awesome teacher...
AP Calc
Spanish 2

Need to not be lazy this year lol Seniors FTW =D

Top Bottom